Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Movies (Ratings, reviews)

Go down 
+7
Kallock
Pat1487
Knight of Gods
mazemasta77
AmAzIn[G]
Serenity09
marksoccer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:05 pm

i think this thread needs harder graders.. everyone is giving 10/10's and some, in my opinion, would be more of an 8/10. there isnt a single movie i would rate 10/10 because in every movie i think there is something that could be improved. i watched mark's "11/10 pulp fiction" expecting it to be the best movie ever but i was disappointed because he gave such a high rating that i had such high expectations for it.

some people are listing movies that ive never even heard of as a 10/10, which are usually 6/10 or 7/10 on imdb. the average rating on this thread is probably like a 9.2-9.3/10. If everyone gives 10/10's, it appears like all of the movies are average.

GRADE HARDER PLOX

here are a couple movies that i've watched recently:
Cellular: 7/10
Megamind: 7/10
Amistad: 3/10 (I had to watch this one and do a paper on it so maybe thats why i rated it alot lower than imdb's 7.1/10 rating)
Hall pass: 7/10
Drive Angry: 5/10
The Unborn: 3/10
Minority Report: 8/10
Pulp Fiction: 7/10 (marks high rating made me think it was alot worse than what he put it out to be)
Source Code: 7/10
Role Models: 7/10
Unthinkable: 8/10
12 Angry Men: 9/10 (i usually stop watching black and white movies but this one was very interesting to me)
Old School: 6/10
Nothing But the Truth: 8/10
Bad Teacher: 5/10
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:12 pm

Kallock wrote:
i think this thread needs harder graders..

First of all it's called a review or critique.
Secondly, I stand by the ratings I gave to the movies I reviewed.
I did not want to post a lot of bad movies mainly because there was no point to posting movies that I do not want you to see/you do not care about.

But to clarify, I rate in this fashion.

10/10 = Watch it, you won't be dissapointed
9/10 = Great movie, some flaws
8/10 = Maybe a slightly bad ending, something was off about the movie - but still a good movie
7/10 = The movie was a little about average, not great, not bad, worth a watch
6/10 = The movie was average
5/10 = The movie was bad - do not watch it
4-1 = Watch at your own risk. You will waste your life watching this movie
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:05 pm

amaz i like how you only read my first sentence.

i was talking about the number, you cant call a 9/10 a "critique" or a "review", if anything its a rating/score/grade..
if i wanted to critique/review why would i have said "this thread needs harder graders"? a critique mainly focuses on someone's thoughts on a movie. i am focusing on the actual rating out of 10 of the movie minus the "heres what i think about the movie: blahblahblah"

i list not-so-good movies so if anyone else has seen the movie and disagrees with my rating, we can discuss why each of us rated it differently
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:29 pm

I only put good movies that I've watched. And what makes pulp fiction a 7/10 please explain that.

K bad movies.

Transformers
Decent movie. Crap acting, decent plot, interesting action
6/10

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen
Crap movie. Even worse acting then the 1st, one of the worst plot in recent history, action that you can't follow. But because it was a Michael Bay movie, it had a lot of explosions and explosions are always a + so.
2/10

Clash of the Titans
Bad acting, Bad cinematography. Just bad
2.5/10
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Kallock wrote:
amaz i like how you only read my first sentence.

i was talking about the number, you cant call a 9/10 a "critique" or a "review", if anything its a rating/score/grade..
if i wanted to critique/review why would i have said "this thread needs harder graders"? a critique mainly focuses on someone's thoughts on a movie. i am focusing on the actual rating out of 10 of the movie minus the "heres what i think about the movie: blahblahblah"

i list not-so-good movies so if anyone else has seen the movie and disagrees with my rating, we can discuss why each of us rated it differently

And I addressed that in saying...

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
Secondly, I stand by the ratings I gave to the movies I reviewed.
I did not want to post a lot of bad movies mainly because there was no
point to posting movies that I do not want you to see/you do not care
about.

But to clarify, I rate in this fashion.

10/10 = Watch it, you won't be dissapointed
9/10 = Great movie, some flaws
8/10 = Maybe a slightly bad ending, something was off about the movie - but still a good movie
7/10 = The movie was a little about average, not great, not bad, worth a watch
6/10 = The movie was average
5/10 = The movie was bad - do not watch it
4-1 = Watch at your own risk. You will waste your life watching this movie
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Slayer, the number/rating you give it is part of your critique, if you dont put what you think then your just not giving your reasons for giving it the rating you gave it
But i do agree with not giving perfect 10s
And how could you not love pulp fiction, seems like you dislike it simply because someone else likes it so much

Amaz, just because your a fan of 1 director doesnt mean you cant be a fan of anyone else

And mark, i think that Batman Begins is Nolans worst movie, no where near as good as Inception and Memento, just watch batman begins and the dark knight back to back and its really apparent

Also, for Nolan fans, you should watch Following, its not as good as Memento, but it has that same sort of feel
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Slaya you know that imdb has nothing higher then a 9.2. Only 2 movies have it, Shawshank redemption and Godfather 1. Then it's 9.0 and the movies that have that are, The good, the bad and the ugly; Godfather 2, and pulp fiction. So 5 movies in total have a 9 and above.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop
I can remember like 2 funny parts, and they were in the commercials
3/10

The Ugly Truth
It's a typical boring romantic comedy 4/10

Death Race
They show the twist in the trailer, I was an action movie from beginning to end but nothing really significant about it
5/10

Hangover 2
Exactly the same as hangover 1. So nothing was new making it suck.
4/10
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:37 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
Amaz, just because your a fan of 1 director doesnt mean you cant be a fan of anyone else

How did you come to that conclusion lol.
I just wanted to point out that I like Nolan's movies over Tarantino's. Just an opinion though.
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:43 pm

marksoccer wrote:
Slaya you know that imdb has nothing higher then a 9.2. Only 2 movies have it, Shawshank redemption and Godfather 1. Then it's 9.0 and the movies that have that are, The good, the bad and the ugly; Godfather 2, and pulp fiction. So 5 movies in total have a 9 and above.

yes i know and actually there are three movies that are 9.0 and higher. pulp fiction and the good, the bad, and the ugly are both 8.9's. I was saying that the AVERAGE movie is probably 5-7 on imdb if you count all of them.

marksoccer wrote:
And what makes pulp fiction a 7/10 please explain that.
Pat1487 wrote:
And how could you not love pulp fiction, seems like you dislike it simply because someone else likes it so much

I began watching the movie thinking it was going to be the best movie ive ever seen because it has such a high rating on imdb and it seemed like mark would have died already if he hadn't seen it because he loved it so much. I had extremely high expectations for it going into the movie. I liked it, i just didnt think it was as good as everyone is saying it is. This is how i was with Inception, too.

This can go the other way around as well. Mark couldve said it was the worst movie ever and its rating on imdb couldve been 2/10 and THEN i watch it and say "how is that movie 2/10? it was alot better than that." If i hadn't heard anything about pulp fiction i would have probably given it an 8/10.

Also, pulp fiction isnt exactly my type of movie. I like all movies for the most part, but my favorite type of movies are ones like 12 Angry Men or Taken or even some really good comedy.

Mark, i really liked the first Hangover but i agree hangover 2 was exactly the same which i thought sucked
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:24 pm

wow maze you might not be such a lost cause after all

I'd give Moon 10, im not gonna do another description of it though

and Princess Mononoke 10 too
its an animated movie that throws you into the clash between nature and human industry (but in a super non-boring way). one of my favorite things about Miyuzaki movies is that there's never a purely good and evil side. there's usually lots of shades of gray and lots of kinda-heroes and kinda-villains. this is especially true in Mononoke, where you really feel for both sides of the conflict.

Spirited Away 10
this has a lot of what made Mononoke great but is more themed about personal quest/growth story then major conflict.

I'm not gonna do blurbs for every Miyuzaki movie, if you like one of his movies chances are you'll like the rest

Howl's Moving Castle 9.5
Castle in the Sky 8.5
Kiki's Delivery Service 8.0
Nausica Valley of the Wind 9.5

Grave of the Fireflies 9.5
this movie is incredible, but, if you have a soul, you'll cry. so be careful who you watch it with.
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Princess Monoke: I remember watching this movie when i was a kid and being scared of the nigthwalker, the movie was fucking badass. Only movie were gods arent totally overpowered and rape everything
9/10

Spirited Away: Very nice kid friendly movie, the imagination those crazy japanese people have!
8/10

Howls moving castle: Really good movie and nice message. But its like 3hours
9/10

Grave of the Firflies: I really didnt like this movie, not because it was sad, but because it was jsut watching someone die really really really FUCKING slowly
3/10
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Slaya they are both 9's I'm looking at them now.

Spirited Away
What seren said
10/10

Lion King
Nothing to be said
10/10

Fight Club
I haven't watched this movie till recently and I loved it. It was amazing.
10/10

The Departed
An amazingly acted movie. It was a Martin Scorsese gangster flick. What could be said other then it's going to be great.
10/10
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Oh wow, if you actually go to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060196/ it shows that its a 9.0 and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110912/ shows 9.0 but if you go to imdb top 250 movies, it shows both of them as 8.9 http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

Maybe they wanted to help mark be right for once BUT THEY FAILED! technically neither 1 of us is correct.

i havent seen any movies that you mentioned seren and quite frankly i havent heard much about them. fun fact about lion king if you dont already know it: alot of lion king's story was copied from shakespeare's Hamlet.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:23 pm

yea the top 250 isn't updated that often but the actual page is I think.

The Social Network
I really liked this movie. It's about how facebook was made but it is actually very interesting.
10/10

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
I just saw this movie like last week for the first time. It was hilarious, it is my favorite comedy.
10/10

And i might as well run through the harry potter series quickly
Harry Potter 1 6/10
Harry Potter 2 7/10
Harry Potter 3 9/10
Harry Potter 4 8/10
Harry Potter 5 8.5/10
Harry Potter 6 7.5/10
Harry Potter 7a 8/10
Harry Potter 7b 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
olonavy
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:28 pm

1>2>4>3>5>7b>7a>6
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:42 pm

mark maybe the actual page isnt updated alot but the top 250 is i think.
see wat i did there?
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Well I'm just posting here to say that I have no soul (thanks seren asshole) lol
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:35 pm

American Psycho
Christian Bale and the movie was good but disturbing. I think it's a bit overrated.
7/10

Tangled
I thought this movie was actually really good. It reminded me of my childhood with the good-ole Disney movies. There's a cool guy who saves the girl and there are funny animals. It's used very often but not quite like this. It's like classic Disney with a modern twist
9/10

Back to the Future
Great, it's back to the future come on
9/10

Back the the Future II
same as above
9/10

Back the the Future III
same as above
8.5/10
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Slaya how could u possibly not like Old School...I mean just wtf. Do you guys have any least favorite movies? I'd say some of mine are Babylon A.D., Shallow Hal, and Dragon Wars. I'm sure there are some more I just can't think of.
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:39 pm

I did like Old School. I gave it a 6/10 because i thought some of the jokes werent particularly funny. I also liked Babylon A.D.... why didnt you like that? I dont have a least favorite movie but i remember Watchmen being really bad and apparently you had to read the comics in order for it to be good.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:41 pm

I would give Old School a 6.5/10 and Watchmen a 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:30 am

Idk man i just really didn't like the whole premise of it, though Vin Diesel is a great actor. Actually, though its known to be one of the most popular comics of all time, i hated the comic of Watchmen and the movie lol. The reason why i hated the comic is because the whole story could've been done in about 2 issues...that's how little they did in it. They basically just sat around doing nothing. About 2 issues worth of it were a little kid reading a terrible pirate comic.

Anyway, i just saw The Thing for the first time. Its a pretty good movie, I'd give it an 8/10. Its about a group of people in Antarctica that come across this munster that can copy what people look like. And of course they have to survive...like a survival horror movie, though its not scary at all since its pretty cheesy.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:16 pm

what does Vin Diesel
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:24 pm

What does Vin Diesel??? What the deuce?
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:48 pm

woops i meant what does vin diesel have to do with anything. And he's a crap actor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies (Ratings, reviews)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next