Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_lcap26%Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_lcap35%Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_lcap19%Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_lcap0%Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_lcap0%Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_lcap10%Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_lcap10%Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Movies (Ratings, reviews)

Go down 
+7
Kallock
Pat1487
Knight of Gods
mazemasta77
AmAzIn[G]
Serenity09
marksoccer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

Movies (Ratings, reviews) Empty
PostSubject: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Lately I've been watching a lot of movies so i thought, why don't I just make a legitimate topic for it other then the 2011 movies. You can put any movie old new, but this will deem as a way to tell others of good movies or warn them of crap ones. I would put an entry but I'm very busy tonight, I have a midterm and a lab tomorrow so I'll put an entry after I come back from school. So anyone put a review and rating of every movie you watch.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:09 pm

District 9

This is a sci-fi movie that's more about the concept of "humanity where its convenient" then about aliens and guns.
Its got aliens and guns though, so if thats what does it for you then thats ok too.

Here's a brief non-spoiler description
Sometime in the near future an alien ship has landed on earth and is stranded here for unknown causes. Some government allocates a parcel of land in the middle of bumfuck-nowhere to them. The story revolves around a supporter of the human governments actions and how he is forced to re-evaluate the other party.

I'd give it 10/10 easily.
It's getting a sequel (if I remember right) but I'm not sure that's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm just going to list some movies I've watched recently and rate them briefly (maybe you will want to see them :O).

Billy Madison - 8/10 - Was a pretty funny movie overall, but some of the humor was just too dumb and I don't like the romance in the movie, probably because I just can't understand how you would date someone that dumb (even thought it is a comedy) but the rest is great.

Clerks 2 - 10/10 - As a freshman in high school it would have been rated much lower because my parents were super conservative Christians. Now I know a lot of that is bullshit and this movie is non stop hilarious.

Conan the Barbarian - (beginning 9/10) Rest of movie 5/10 - The first 10ish mins are fucking hilarious, the rest is only worth watching if you are really fucking bored

Contagion - 1.2/10 - Do Not Watch This Movie, it's not the type of movie that's hilariously bad, it's just bad bad. Basically there's a virus that spreads (really fucking stupid how they explain where it came from) they freak out, people die, chaos breaks lose, they find a vaccination, movies over. - I didn't put a spoiler because you would know this is what happens in the first 5 mins anyways.

Spinal Tap - 8.5/10 - If it was shorter it would have been a 10/10, but I felt like I could only handle the rock band type movie for so long (considering I'm not a music oriented person myself).

Everything must go - 7/10 - Not the typical Will Ferrel movie I was hoping for, moderately depressing. It was really trying hard to be an indie film, which was bothersome for me at least.

Fast times at Ridgemont High - 9/10 - There's some great nudity scenes in this movie, and it is pretty funny.

Funny People - 8/10 - It's a funny movie, but instead of ending when it should have ended, it just kept going and going.

Grandma's Boy (unrated) - 10/10 - Probably the most creative and funny movie on this list, the robot voice gets my every time.

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle - 10/10 - This is a close second, I had only seen Harold and Kumar 2, and this movie was just as funny as the second which is great.

Inception - 10/10 - Fun Fact: Went to watch inception with a girl once; ended up not watching inception. When I finally did see inception it was awesome, but not as awesome as not watching the movie the first time.

Splice - 8/10 - Okay I'm biased on this one, but watching splice alone and your roommates walk in during the
Spoiler:
is really fucking awkward and not fun. Besides the kind of unexpectedness of it, pretty good movie overall.

Submarine - 10/10 - I really just loved the script in this movie.
Spoiler:

The Art of Getting By - 6.5/10 - They have the whole idea of an artist wrong and that just pisses me off. They were shooting for a indie romantic New York love story and didn't do any fucking research for the movie, they probably just had some shitty references and winged it, fuck this movie, but emma robberts is hott so watch it.

The myth of the American Sleepover - 9/10 - I really enjoyed this movie because you could relate to it in someway. It seemed like a pretty low budget movie - but even thought it was, it was really well done with what they had and it worked really well. It felt like a typical average American movie. It didn't make you think much and you had a good time watching it.

The Help - 9/10 - I liked it, but it isn't something you'd watch with your friends...ever.

Uninhabited - 6.5/10 - I really forget this movie, must have sucked.

Wet Hot American Summer - 9.5/10 - Fucking awesome movie - even with the corny humor I really loved it. I'd probably watch it again, it reminds me of my days at summer camp, it's hilarious if you can relate to it in someway.

Without a Paddle - 9/10 - Everyone goes camping with their friends at some point - it's like Superbad + 20 years but without all of the fun partying - just adventure.

Zoolander - 7/10 - Personally I just thought the humor was weird and annoying - and not in a good way. Just seems like they were trying really hard to be super gay, just not my type of humor. Some people really love this movie, it just didn't do anything for me.

The Doors 1991 - 10/10 - I reccomend watching this movie if you listen to the doors or are just a fan of Jim Morrison. It's exaggerated and makes him seem a hell of a lot worse than he really was, but was fucking tighttt.
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:47 pm

I'm sorry but I watched about a half hour of District 9 and couldn't finish it.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:51 pm

Quote :
I'm sorry but I watched about a half hour of District 9 and couldn't finish it.
I'm sorry but you have terrible taste in movies
case n point: you think star wars 1-3 are better than 4-6
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:57 pm

I'm sorry but I like a lot of movies that are popular, meaning others must like them. District 9 was just dumb and weird. Maybe it got better later on, but the characters were awful and the aliens looked terrible.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Quote :
I'm sorry but I like a lot of movies that are popular, meaning others must like them. District 9 was just dumb and weird. Maybe it got better later on, but the characters were awful and the aliens looked terrible.
the characters were awful.
you liked starwars 1-3 but you complain that the characters in district 9 were awful
reminder: jar jar binks was in starwars
jar
jar
binks

his name
jar jar binks

i want you to read your comment back to yourself and wallow in shame over what you've done.
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:02 am

I think you are mistaken. There may be a few awful characters in the PT, but it is more so the ACTORS, not the characters. Anakin is my favorite character, of course he is an awful actor.
Edit: I forgot to mention, it doesn't change much in the OT either, considering how awful of an actor Luke is.
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:16 am

district 9 was a pretty good movie, not my type but still good none the less

and i understand how younger people would like the newer star wars movies better

speaking of star wars
Spoiler:
also about star wars - The Thrawn Trilogy aaaammaaazzziinnnggg

i recently re-watched all the Jurassic parks so

1st one 9.5/10 just a really amazing movie pretty much all around

2nd 7/10 shoulda brought the archeologist back but still decent

3rd 8/10 epic kid makes this much better than it wouldve been

for all they have superfantabulous music and also i noticed that all of the black guys die, in every single movie... w.e PROBABLY was a COINCIDENCE

and zombieland was a 8/10 its funny and it has zombies so hey, why NOT
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:26 am

Also speaking of Star Wars, anyone think The Old Republic looks good? Seren, can we at least agree that Transformers 3 is one of the greatest movies ever!!!!?
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:32 am

fast forward to 6:40ish

Quote :
Seren, can we at least agree that Transformers 3 is one of the greatest movies ever!!!!?
Movies (Ratings, reviews) Misc-are-you-fucking-kidding-me-clean-l

and if that doesn't quite do it, click "click to make fullsize"
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 3:31 am

I'll take that as a yes!!
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:50 pm

I would rather eat marks canadian shit than watch transformers 3 again.
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:42 pm

Seren I love the part of that video when they're talking about Quigon and the guy laughs cause he doesn't know what to say about him. Then he says, "Ummm, stern?"
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:14 am

Im just going to go through some random movies really quick (literally random: http://www.imdb.com/random/title )

Pandorum: disappointing and i saw the twist end coming

Knowing: Nick Cage wasnt being Nick Cage enough, and the movie itself sucked, so i didnt like it

The Bourne Identity: enjoyable, i actually havent seen any of the others from this series, i should though

Requiem for a Dream: This movie is good, but not for everyone

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: sucks, watch the originals

Transformers 1: The first one wasnt too bad, it wasnt good either, but compared to the other 2 its as good as it gets

Kung Fu Panda: I liked it, i even like the sequel

2012: bad

Spider-man 2: I liked the spiderman movies, even the 3rd one, but the 3rd one is the worst, i havent re-watched the first 2 since i first watched them though

Funny People: I couldnt sit through all of it, i just got really bored with it, i wanted to watch it to, but it really wasnt interesting after awhile

Groundhog Day: I love this movie, i watch it almost every year on groundhogs day (if i remember that its groundhogs day), also it has Bill Murray in it who was one of my favorite actors when i was a kid

Get him to the Greek: it's pretty forgettable, but from what i do remember it was funny

Charlie's Angels: The girls are hot, and it has Bill Murray, so while its a bad movie, i do enjoy it

The Time Travelers Wife: I dont really understand who the target audience for this was supposed to be, the only thing i could come up with is that its for 2 types of people, 1. Sci-fi nerds that have girlfriends and can never decide on what movie to watch together, or 2. Sci-fi nerds that are girls
The problem is that it doesnt satisfy either of those audience types

Scary Movie: This is where movie spoofs started going down hill, this one wasnt too bad though

Ghostbuster 3: Holy crap, i forgot a 3rd one was coming out, i like the first 2, i hope the new one will be more of the same

Thats all im going to do for now, ill do some more (not random) later when i have more time

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
Clerks 2 - 10/10 - As a freshman in high school it would have been rated much lower because my parents were super conservative Christians. Now I know a lot of that is bullshit and this movie is non stop hilarious.
Clerks was better then Clerks 2
And if you liked that you should watch Dogma and Mallrats

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
Conan the Barbarian - (beginning 9/10) Rest of movie 5/10 - The first 10ish mins are fucking hilarious, the rest is only worth watching if you are really fucking bored
The original was better, with Arnold Schwarzenegger

mazemasta77 wrote:
I think you are mistaken. There may be a few awful characters in the PT, but it is more so the ACTORS, not the characters. Anakin is my favorite character, of course he is an awful actor.
Edit: I forgot to mention, it doesn't change much in the OT either, considering how awful of an actor Luke is.
Anakin was played by 2 actors in the new trilogy
The kid sucked as an actor (hard) and the character sucked in Episode 1 all around
The other actor that played Anakin for 2 and 3 wasnt good, wasnt terrible, and the character was written like a whiny self entitled little bitch (especially in the 3rd one)
I cant see why he would be your fav character

The actor that played Luke in the original trilogy was far better, and the character was much better written

Also, in your edit, "it doesnt change much in the original trilogy" doesnt make sense
How can something that happened before what you're comparing it to be a change

mazemasta77 wrote:
I'm sorry but I like a lot of movies that are popular, meaning others must like them.
Popular isn't the same as good
Transformers was popular, but it wasnt good
People just dont know whats good and they see something that should be good, like something with the name Transformers, and ignore the fact that its bad

Most of the time its people that never saw the original before seeing the new one that think the new one is good because they heard people say the old was good
Even if they saw the old stuff first they might not like it because it looks too old to them (which is just stupid and causes film makers to remaster the hell out of their old stuff Sad )

mazemasta77 wrote:
Seren, can we at least agree that Transformers 3 is one of the greatest movies ever!!!!?
I really really really really really really really really hope you were joking here
If you were then lmao
If you werent then i feel very bad for you
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:46 pm

Pat we all have different tastes in movies, deal with it. And you're comment to the first thing of mine you quoted is completely pointless. Of course popular doesn't mean good, I was just saying that because others must like the movies I like. Not all movies I like are popular. And the transformers movies broke records.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:00 pm

mazemasta77 wrote:
Pat we all have different tastes in movies, deal with it.
I know maze, and i can see why people like the things i dont, most of the time
I explained why people like transformers/new starwars for example

But theres a difference between liking it and calling it one of the greatest movies ever
And to call Trandformers 3 one of the greatest movies ever is something i dont understand
The only way i can understand it is if you dont really mean it, not as in you're joking, but as in it was something you watched recently and next year your greatest movies ever list will change to stuff that comes out then

mazemasta77 wrote:
And you're comment to the first thing of mine you quoted is completely pointless.
Tell me what about Anakin is better then Luke, or why you think Anakin is a better character
The only way my comment is pointless is if you agree with it

mazemasta77 wrote:
Of course popular doesn't mean good, I was just saying that because others must like the movies I like. Not all movies I like are popular. And the transformers movies broke records.
You implied popular means good

Name 3 movies that you like that arent popular, and that isnt a remake, sequel, prequel, or based off a TV show/comic
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:04 pm

Nacho Libre was pretty funny (very dumb though), Eagle Eye I don't think was very popular...., and Not Another Teen Movie.....Those were in my first pile of movies. By the way pat, have you seen District 9? You know the whole reason this argument started.....Its pretty bad.
Edit: I just watched Avatar for the first time and would probably give it a 9/10. I'm not going to say anything about it since everyone knows what it is.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Eagle Eye and Not Another Teen Movie were popular, especially Not Another Teen Movie
Nacho Libre ill give you, even though it has Jack Black and was popular when it came out
The only reason ill count it is because i didnt recognize the name right away
So thats 1

Avatar had a story thats been done 100s of times, it just had really good visual effects
Visual effects arent worth 9/10

And no, i didnt see District 9, when it was new someone compared it to something i didnt like so i dismissed it right away
I cant remember what it was compared to though
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Eagle Eye may have been popular, I honestly don't remember, but I guarantee Not Another Teen Movie is pretty unknown. Anyway, if it'll make you happy I'll give you two more. Idiocracy and The Thumbtanic. Oh, by the way Seren, you make a big deal out of me liking the PT more than the OT, yet it is really close imo.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:29 pm

K well I'll start with Quentin Tarantino.
If you don't know who that is, drop whatever your doing and watch one of his movies NOW.

Kill Bill vol. 1
What can you say about kill bill. It's an epic movie. It's a commonly used revenge story but it's one of the funnest movies you will watch. If you have never seen a Tarantino movie start with this. (mostly directed to maze) Uma Thurman was amazing in it. Just watch it, it's hard to explain it. It's a 9/10

Kill Bill vol. 2
The violence was dialed down significantly. Not as good as one but watch it cause it's still a good movie. 7.5/10

Inglourious Basterds
Here you will see Tarantino's genius. It's AMAZING. It's a world war 2 movie that has little to do with the actual war. He has so many different story lines that are connected somehow, and the movie can also get very funny at times. The acting is phenomenal, and you are given an amazing villain. The writing is amazing the cinematography also amazing. The entire movie is just over all ....... Amazing. Easily a 10/10

now for Quentin Tarantino masterpiece

PULP FICTION
This is a classic, if you have not seen it WATCH IT NOW. This is one of my favorite movies. The script in itself will give it a 10. He has created one of the quotable movie scripts ever, a royal with cheese anyone? The acting is amazing. It is filled with great actors, John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, Uma Thurman, Tim Roth, Bruce Wills. There are so many different things happening in this movie, so many intertwining story lines it's just epic. Easily a 11/10

I still have to watch Reservoir Dogs
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:26 am

Wow, i saw "Moon" recently.......All I can say is that it is just amazing and is probably one of my favorite movies. 10/10. I would say a little about it but honestly saying stuff about it would probably ruin it. I'll just say what happens in the trailer. Basically a guy is on the moon and he has 2 weeks left of a 3 year contract, working on the moon, then he can go home. Outside of his base he finds a guy that looks exactly like him. All I can say.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:05 am

Meh, I'm more of a Christopher Nolan fan myself.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:50 am

Ok so for Nolan movies.

Batman Begins
It's batman's origin story, and it's a great reboot to what was a dying franchise. The acting is very good, plot was great, Everything about was amazing.
9.5/10

The Dark Knight
I think everyone is the world has watched this movie. It's the perfect superhero film, if you haven't watched it yet, this should be very high up on your list of movie too watch.
10/10

Inception
Again, I think every one has watched this. Great movie. The only nit I have to pick for this movie is the lack of character development for everyone other then DiCaprio.
Again 9.5/10

The Prestige
I loved this movie. I went into knowing nothing, and came out loving it. Very well acted and it was a great movie in general.
10/10

Memento
I also went into this movie not knowing anything. This is one of Nolan's lesser known movies but it was amazing. I can't really say much cause it's great going into it knowing nothing about it.
9.5/10
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:41 am

marksoccer wrote:
Inception
Again, I think every one has watched this. Great movie. The only nit I have to pick for this movie is the lack of character development for everyone other then DiCaprio.
Again 9.5/10

The movie was already 2 1/2 hours long. They did not have time to include character development for anyone else other than Mr. Cobb. And on top of that,
no one's background story mattered other than Mr. Cobb's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies (Ratings, reviews)   Movies (Ratings, reviews) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies (Ratings, reviews)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next