Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Clan Server Discussion

Go down 
+8
AmAzIn[G]232
Achilles.42
BandaIar
Pat1487
BackseatDriver
AmAzIn[G]
Knight of Gods
Serenity09
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:52 pm

Can you add a nether plugin so that the nether works

I spent like an hour building a nether gate (without diamonds or a lava source near the surface it takes awhile to build) only to go into the gate and have nothing happen
Back to top Go down
cdkid
Recruit
Recruit
cdkid

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:56 pm

Yeah, Nethrar is getting installed soon. I've gotta fix my inventory mod first. Should have it within the next couple days.
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:03 am

what inventory mod is this?

idk what it is but when im playing right now im not getting the lag but i was earlier

if your using your campus' wireless then im making a wild guess that when all the students are using the internet it makes it harder for me to connect

also i want to build some kind of minecart related thing: either a system to get around the smp map faster or a roller coaster either one works but any suggestions?

and another thing you say you can trade in points and get stuff, so if all your points are from diamonds/gold in your pockets when you trade in points do you take the diamonds/gold away or just not count those towards points? also for 10 points you can get 4 blocks of diamond which = 8 points or am i misinterpreting something here?

Serenity09 wrote:
Prizes:
Code:

You may trade points in for a reward. You only get 1 from any category
5 points:
    +15 to 1 skill
    2 stacks of arrows
    4 blocks of TnT
    force somebody to a duel of your choice in the Colosseum.
    place a bounty on someone. whoever kills that person is awarded 4 points. Their mark's allies cannot collect the bounty.

10 points:
    +10 to 3 skills
    4 blocks of diamond
    10 blocks of TnT
    -5 points to someone else

15 points:
    +10 to 5 skills
    64 blocks of obsidian (is allowed to be killed)

30 points:
    a magic carpet
    1/2 stack of diamond
    kill someone for a day (1 day temp ban on that person)

100 points:
    progress the game to the next stage
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 pm

Knight of Gods wrote:
what inventory mod is this?

idk what it is but when im playing right now im not getting the lag but i was earlier

if your using your campus' wireless then im making a wild guess that when all the students are using the internet it makes it harder for me to connect

also i want to build some kind of minecart related thing: either a system to get around the smp map faster or a roller coaster either one works but any suggestions?

and another thing you say you can trade in points and get stuff, so if all your points are from diamonds/gold in your pockets when you trade in points do you take the diamonds/gold away or just not count those towards points? also for 10 points you can get 4 blocks of diamond which = 8 points or am i misinterpreting something here?

Serenity09 wrote:
Prizes:
Code:

You may trade points in for a reward. You only get 1 from any category
5 points:
    +15 to 1 skill
    2 stacks of arrows
    4 blocks of TnT
    force somebody to a duel of your choice in the Colosseum.
    place a bounty on someone. whoever kills that person is awarded 4 points. The mark's allies cannot collect the bounty.

10 points:
    +10 to 3 skills
    4 blocks of diamond
    10 blocks of TnT
    -5 points to someone else

15 points:
    +10 to 5 skills
    64 blocks of obsidian (is allowed to be killed)

30 points:
    a magic carpet
    1/2 stack of diamond
    kill someone for a day (1 day temp ban on that person)

100 points:
    progress the game to the next stage

my impression is that it has its own super nifty internet connection thats separate from the standard ones. so people using the other campus networks shouldn't enter into it.

i'd wait till nethrar gets installed before you do your fast travel system. as collin said, the inventory system comes first as well as getting the lag issues sorted out.

the inventory mod is what clears your inventory when you change worlds and returns it when you return back to the same world. its pretty important to prevent abuse to the multiworld system. right now a lil less so (because smp and pvp are fairly similar), but when the creative world goes up the server could be abused very easily.

the diamond bit is how i want it. some of the other stuff might change around (like the exchange rates)
also this system is for the pvp world only. i guess i might let you add points from diamond/gold to your account, but you can only spend them for your character on the pvp world. since pvp isn't popular yet, this isn't very high on my to debug/fix/make-fair list tho

eventually this will probably be in plugin form, but because that is just for convenience and doesn't really have any functional purpose it won't be for awhile
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 4:36 pm

tell me before you fully implement the inventory mod cause right now all my stuff is on the pvp :p
Back to top Go down
cdkid
Recruit
Recruit
cdkid

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Quote :

The server is not on the student network, it's on the same connection as the webserver and mumble server, both of which have no problems. After looking into it a bit more, it looks like the problem may be something with the campus firewall (which is supposed to be disabled for the server, but w/e, who knows what Network Services actually did), so I'm going to be taking the server offline today and possibly changing the port. I'll post if anything comes of it.
Back to top Go down
cdkid
Recruit
Recruit
cdkid

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:40 pm

UPDATE
The problem has been identified. If you are having problems with lag when you connect to the server, change to using port 80. For those that don't know, this can be done by adding ":80" without quotes onto the end of the server ip/host. This is a temporary fix, and I will post more info once we have a more permanent solution.

Back to top Go down
venom180
Recruit
Recruit
venom180

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:15 pm

sweet!! works like a charm
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:36 pm

so you say diamond blocks are invulnerable, does that mean that when you place it its stuck forever or just that other people cant destroy diamond blocks that youve placed?
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:46 pm

try it
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:57 pm

GRAAHHG you meany.. sounds liek a trap... but fine.

edit: well i tried it and since im also coincidentally a meany im not going to tell anyone the result
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:04 pm

keep the results to yourself

i wanna try this with the other people who don't read the forums for funzies Wink
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:56 am

i dont really know anything about a server or how hard it is to add mods/get them to work

but this mod would be awesome

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=321741
Back to top Go down
cdkid
Recruit
Recruit
cdkid

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:36 am

That isn't actually a server mod, it's for single player MC. You install it on your own computer. Unfortunately, server mods can't add blocks/items because it would require a mod to the client also. But that would be sweet to have more cookies. oh there's an elephant smiley. I think i'll use that. elephant
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:49 am

aw maybe we could require people to have it? lol and yes i do have it on my singleplayer king
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:36 am

Knight of Gods wrote:
aw maybe we could require people to have it? lol and yes i do have it on my singleplayer king

It would be possible

But someone would have to do the work to make it compatible with bukkit, its not as easy as just copying files over
It would take alot of time to do and would require knowledge of Java and an understanding of the bukkit API

You would also need the source code to the client mod thats used, in this case the cookies mod
Without the source you would either have to remake the mod yourself or decompile it so that you can make the server plugin work with it

And anyone that doesnt have it wouldnt be able to join, or would crash when they see the item
Theres no way for the server to send the files that the client needs, so it wouldnt be practical for most servers to use

So basically it wont happen
Custom item mods are for single player only at the moment
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:37 pm

pat's got it right but i've got 2 ideas i've been meaning to bring up that would let this work. if collin likes either, i'll post them up here to see if any1 is interested.

results are in

the first (similar to pat's idea/example) was too time consuming and would stay that way with the necessary updates
it also is dangerously glitchable/glitch causing with the current planned mods

the second is still possibly good to go, but it'll be one of the hardest mods to do (well) i've ever seen
its gonna wait till summer and me being good with the bukkit api
hopefully a few more hooks will be out by then, cuz atm the workarounds i've come up with suck dick
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:41 pm

The server has been down
Or maybe i put in the wrong IP
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 3:17 am

its possible it was down earlier
but more likely that you put the wrong ip
its in your pm, don't forget the :80 at the end
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 3:42 am

Ah, it was the port
I had been using it without the port up until 2 days ago, but now it seems to require it

Weird
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 10:26 pm

it honestly shouldn't be doing that
but since its almost unplayable anyways for most people without it, its nbd
i blame it on server jesus
he's always fucking with all my shit
not as much as router jesus
or null pointer jesus
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 10:47 pm

I think the lag is worse with the port, doors activated by redstone seem slower and harder to get through
But not always
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:13 am

Pat1487 wrote:
I think the lag is worse with the port, doors activated by redstone seem slower and harder to get through
But not always
just needed a restart
after 3-5 days of constant running, it tends to get a bit laggy

UPDATE:
minecraft has patched to 1.6 and its a pretty big one with the nether n all that JASS

which means bukkit probably wont update for around a week
which means that we'll still need to debug after bukkit finally updates
which means its gonna be ~week before the server is running 1.6

so the server is gonna stay up, but its gonna keep running 1.5 until everything is worked out
when you start the launcher, avoid updating to 1.6
if you do everything right, you'll still be able to play on the server
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:33 am

Minecraft hasnt actually been patched yet, its coming later this week

But when it does come out seren is right, if you patch you probably wont be able to play on the server for awhile

If you want to patch and still be able to play on the server do this:

1. Go to your minecraft folder (AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\) in windows before you patch (if your having trouble finding the folder just type %appdata% in search and then double click the .minecraft folder)
2. Go into the bin folder (AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin)
3. Copy minecraft.jar and paste it in the same folder, rename it to minecraft1_5.jar
4. Patch minecraft to 1.6
5. Play singleplayer with 1.6
5. When you want to play on the server go back to your minecraft folder (AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin)
7. Rename minecraft.jar to minecraft1_6.jar
8. Rename mincraft1_5.jar to minecraft.jar
9. Play on the server

You can switch between 1.5 (minecraft1_5.jar) and 1.6 (minecraft1_6.jar) by renaming the version you want to play to minecraft.jar
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:01 am

is the server down or did i somehow save my 1.5 jar wrong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan Server Discussion
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next