Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_lcap26%Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_lcap35%Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_lcap19%Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_lcap0%Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_lcap0%Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_lcap10%Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_lcap10%Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Someone should make this map because it's awesome

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Chosen_Oreo
Corporal
Corporal
The_Chosen_Oreo

Someone should make this map because it's awesome Empty
PostSubject: Someone should make this map because it's awesome   Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:44 pm

Escape The Alot...

The Alot Looks like whatever is in the link

it is very awesome and I came across it going through old threads.

Escape the Alot will be the best game ever so I will need pros to make it

Thank you for making alot

This is the link: Alot Moster!!!!!!!!

-Oreo

PS Thanks for finding the alot amaz..
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Someone should make this map because it's awesome   Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:44 am

How would that map even work

Would it be like a hero arena, with different types of Alots
I dont see how you could balance it so that an Alot of fire didnt always beat an Alot of straw
An Alot of beer would just play like the brewmaster
And if you play with AR, anyone who gets the baby would be screwed

Or would it be like an RPG where the story is based on the article
You go to the temple of fire mist straw and beer to collect the 4 elements of the Alots to bring it all together to stop some great evil
And you have side quests like deciding to help a baby thats being attacked by an Alot
Or another side quest where you have to collect bits of cloth and string so that you can make a speedo for Michael Phelps

Or would it be like a tower defense game, where the Alots are the towers
That would get boring fast though as the only enemies there could be are babies for the first 5-10 levels, then Michael Phelps for the rest
Although it would be interesting to see how well a map with that much baby killing does on the custom games list and in epicwar dl numbers
Back to top Go down
The_Chosen_Oreo
Corporal
Corporal
The_Chosen_Oreo

PostSubject: Re: Someone should make this map because it's awesome   Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:11 am

I was thinking it would be an escape type game where its a maze, but the alots are what u dodge. When it's alot of fire, it can do like some damage if u get within 200.00 of it, alot of straw can make ur camera move a little bit because you sneeze when you get to close, etc..
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Someone should make this map because it's awesome   Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:24 am

Oh, i see
Mist would make you slower or something and beer would make you walk all drunkenly or reverse your controls
And you would play as the baby and Michael Phelps is the boss at the end

That sounds cool
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Someone should make this map because it's awesome   Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:03 am

i'm already doing something a lot like this xD

if you're curious, i like showin what ive got to ppl so just ask

Quote :
you walk all drunkenly
can you mess with pathing?
Back to top Go down
The_Chosen_Oreo
Corporal
Corporal
The_Chosen_Oreo

PostSubject: Re: Someone should make this map because it's awesome   Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 12:14 am

lol you shouldnt need to edit pathing to do drunken walk should u?

isn't it just get rect or w/e around the player and order target a point inside that rect every x amount of seconds.. or something like that?
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Someone should make this map because it's awesome   Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:09 pm

ah that'd be a lot easier than what i was thinking

but it still wouldn't really be like drunken walking
more like when youre fighting a gravity well by mass clicking

it'd be hard to make it anything but tedious and uninteresting
Back to top Go down
The_Chosen_Oreo
Corporal
Corporal
The_Chosen_Oreo

PostSubject: Re: Someone should make this map because it's awesome   Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 7:44 pm

i didnt know what u were thinking... is pathing how its normally done?
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Someone should make this map because it's awesome   Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 9:09 pm

i meant for the units path to be kinda curved while having the effect seem natural
like how if u order a unit to patrol a really far distance, it arcs its path (hate this)

but the more i think of it the less i think it'd work in a game
its one of those things thats really cool in idea but really tedious in effect

possibly the effect for being drunk is only being able to issue orders directly in front of the unit
or at least very close to the unit
that seems like maybe fun, but most people do this most of the time anyways
Back to top Go down
The_Chosen_Oreo
Corporal
Corporal
The_Chosen_Oreo

PostSubject: Re: Someone should make this map because it's awesome   Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 9:46 pm

maybe it could be a camera effect
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Someone should make this map because it's awesome   Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 9:52 pm

The_Chosen_Oreo wrote:
lol you shouldnt need to edit pathing to do drunken walk should u?

isn't it just get rect or w/e around the player and order target a point inside that rect every x amount of seconds.. or something like that?

That would just be fighting for control by mass clicking like seren said
Not a very fun mechanic

Serenity09 wrote:
ah that'd be a lot easier than what i was thinking

i meant for the units path to be kinda curved while having the effect seem natural
like how if u order a unit to patrol a really far distance, it arcs its path (hate this)

but the more i think of it the less i think it'd work in a game
its one of those things thats really cool in idea but really tedious in effect

possibly the effect for being drunk is only being able to issue orders directly in front of the unit
or at least very close to the unit
that seems like maybe fun, but most people do this most of the time anyways

I was thinking more like having the unit stumble around (but not like oreo's way)
Like this:

The event would be 'unit is issued command'
Conditions would be 'triggering unit == demon hunter' and 'command issued == move'
Actions would be:

if drunken[(owner of(triggering unit))]==true
'unit - cancel last issued command for (triggering unit)'
stumble=rand(0,1)
if stumble==1
direction=rand(0,360)
distance=rand(100,300)
'unit - order (triggering unit) to move to ((position of (triggering unit)) offset by (convertInttoReal(distance) towards convertInttoReal(direction) degrees)

Every time the player clicks theres a 50% chance they stumble
And when they stumble they go in a random direction and a random distance
So mass clicking will probably get them killed immediately

This trigger would be like if you were completely shit faced out of your mind
A 50% chance of stumbling will probably be make it impossible to win
So some testing would be needed to find out what a good balance is, 10% might be more reasonable (you could have different levels of drunkenness if you wanted to)

Also you could use some math to make the direction be more controllable
So that they still move in the vague direction that they want by using the point that they issued the order to
Having the direction be in the vague direction they clicked might make for better gameplay then just them having absolutely no control over where they go
You can do the same with the distance, instead of it just being random, you can use the difference of the triggering units position and the target point of the issued order so that they move the same distance in that vague direction (but a minimum distance would need to be enforced so that they cant just click 1 pixel in front of them)

You might not need to cancel the last issued order either
I havent tested it
You could let their order go through, wait a split second and then generate the rand number for stumble and then do the rest
That way they would start moving in the direction they want but then suddenly start moving in some random direction
Only problem with that is mass clicking fast enough would bypass the trigger completely (cause of the wait)
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Someone should make this map because it's awesome   Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:01 am

This sounds like a hella ton of work lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone should make this map because it's awesome   Someone should make this map because it's awesome I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Someone should make this map because it's awesome
Page 1 of 1