Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_lcap26%How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_lcap35%How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_lcap19%How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_lcap0%How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_lcap0%How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_lcap10%How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_lcap10%How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

How To Make A Wisp Wheel

Go down 
+8
Pat1487
Iord.
marksoccer
SEXorWAR-CRAFT
bloodasb
AmAzIn[G]
Knight of Gods
Achilles.42
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

How To Make A Wisp Wheel Empty
PostSubject: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:24 pm

Instructions to make a simple Wisp Wheel

Things to know before you begin: wc3 editor stands for “Warcraft III world editor”. The underlines you see in pictures will not appear in the wc3 editor unless said other wise. I use a Mac OS so the wc3 editor will appear slightly different, however I have worked on the wc3 editor in Windows and Mac and there are no differences I have noticed worth mentioning.

Step 1. Open the wc3 editor.

Step 2. In the upper part of the screen you will see a line of boxes with pictures/symbols on them, click the one that has an A on it (is underlined by a Green line in pic below) this will open the trigger editor.

How To Make A Wisp Wheel Picture1

Step 3. Inside the trigger editor Click on the symbol that looks like a white peace of paper with a black outline (underlined by a Green line below in pic) This will create a new trigger in the left hand side of screen, change the name of the trigger to “Wisp Wheel” or any thing that is meaningful to you.

How To Make A Wisp Wheel Picture2

Step 4. On the top of the trigger editor there is a list of symbols, click the one that is an X (underlined by a Green line below) this will open the variable window.

How To Make A Wisp Wheel Picture3

Step 5. Near the top middle of the variable window there are 3 X’s (1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red) the green one is for creating a new variable, the yellow one is for modifying a existing variable and the red one is for deleting the selected variable, click on the Green X as shown below.

How To Make A Wisp Wheel Picture4

Step 6. Once you do that it will open another window, within that window fill out the information as follows:
Name: WispTurning
Variable Type: Real
Array: Unchecked
(Size does not matter because it is not an array)
Size: 0

This is shown in pic below
Click OK in both variable windows when you are done.

How To Make A Wisp Wheel Picture5

Step 6. Select the Wisp Wheel Trigger in the left hand side of trigger editor (trigger is underlined with a Green line). Next, in the top of the trigger editor where the symbols are, click the one that looks like a red flag (underlined with a Red line) this will open the event window.

How To Make A Wisp Wheel Picture6

Step 7. Within the Event window fill out the information as shown below.
Event Type: Time – periodic event
Event Text: Every 0.01 seconds of game time
Click ok in all event windows when done.

How To Make A Wisp Wheel Picture7

Step 8. Select the Wisp Wheel Trigger, next direct your attention to the upper part of the trigger editor where the bar of symbols are, select the (create knew action) one that looks like a black box with a white & black bar above it (is underlined by a Green line in the pic below), this will open the action window.

How To Make A Wisp Wheel Picture8-1

Step 9. Fill out the information in the action window as shown below:
Action Type: General (underlined with a Green line) - Set Variable (underlined with a Red line)
Action Text: Set WispTurning = (WispTurning+1)

How To Make A Wisp Wheel Picture9

IMPORTANT: THE INTEGER 1 IN (WispTurning+1) SETS WHAT SPEED THE WISP WILL SPIN! POSITIVE (+) IS FOR CLOCKWISE NEGITIVE (-) IS FOR COUNTER CLOCKWISE! (THE HIGHER THE NUMBER THE FASTER IT SPINS!)

Step 10. If you have not already, create the unit you want to be spinning and the region you want the unit to be spinning around. (It is assumed you know how to do this step)

Step 11. Select the Wisp Wheel Trigger then click on the create new action button and fill out information as shown below:
Action Type: Unit (underlined with a Green line) Move unit instantly (underlined with a Red line)
Action Text: unit-move YourWisp instantly to ((Center of your region) offset by 250 towards WispTurning

How To Make A Wisp Wheel Picture10

Important Notes: YourWisp refers to the unit that you want to be spinning around a point, center of your region refers to the region you want YourWisp to be spinning around, offset by (250) refers to how far from the region you want your wisp to be spinning around (the greater the number the more far out the wisp will spin). WispTurning at the end refers to the variable we created earlier, that variable decides how fast the wisp will spin to change the variable change the amount that it is set in the first action we created. You may have heard that having the event of a trigger be -every 0.01 seconds of game time do actions- as my trigger has it, will cause memory leaks, this is false! Timed events do not cause memory leaks, they INCREASE the AMOUNT of leaks but do not cause any them selves. The best way to fix this is by using a jass trigger, the easer way is to simply increase the amount of the variable WispSpeed and lower the timed event.

Step 12. Save and test your map! Then mention in your map that a clan tmmm tutorial made by Achilles.42 helped you make your game!

For additional help add a comment below and I will get back to u as soon as I can, or contact me on BNet at Achilles.42@USEAST.

The complete trigger is in the pic below and written in jass/custom script if that is what u preffer.

How To Make A Wisp Wheel Picture11

function Trig_WispWheel_Copy_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
set udg_WispTurning = ( udg_WispTurning + 1 )
call SetUnitPositionLoc( gg_unit_ewsp_0000, PolarProjectionBJ(GetRectCenter(gg_rct_Region_000), 250.00, udg_WispTurning) )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_WispWheel_Copy takes nothing returns nothing
set gg_trg_WispWheel_Copy = CreateTrigger( )
call TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic( gg_trg_WispWheel_Copy, 0.01 )
call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_WispWheel_Copy, function Trig_WispWheel_Copy_Actions )
endfunction

MEMORY LEAKS
BTW if u want 0 memory links, contact Pat1487@usEAst or on this forum Pat1487

If he dosent respond or say's no, just keep mesaging him and acting annoying untill he does!

Last edited by Achilles.42 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:25 pm

sweet i was gonna make one of these but now i dont have to!
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:32 am

Wow achilles if u made this, great tutorial
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:20 pm

pfft i could have made this! but im lazy and i dont have a mac
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:47 pm

thax amaz, i did like 99% of it in 1 day then took a week to do the other 1 % Smile
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:49 pm

thats an interesting way to do it i either do it all at once or ill never finish
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:50 pm

Same kog Smile
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:51 pm

no one asked you blood! nono jkjk but srsly case a: maze of knights2
Back to top Go down
SEXorWAR-CRAFT
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:34 pm

You have a typo...

In your text it tells to make a variable called wisp spin
in the picture its called wispturning
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:44 pm

oh my god not a typo ! were all so worried! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 2:11 pm

wow im surpised ach but gj Razz
Back to top Go down
Iord.
Corporal
Corporal
Iord.

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Wow ach u suck, Ive seen this pictures of tutorial for wisp wheel somewhere in internet, you DIDNT make this. you STOLE it.

Last edited by Iord. on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: lords a moron   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:04 pm

lord ur a fag, i made this from scratch, and took about 3 hrs doing it to.
Back to top Go down
Iord.
Corporal
Corporal
Iord.

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:05 pm

lol sureeee.
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:20 pm

lord i seriously doubt you've seen those pics before on the internet they suck! and plus he did it on a MAC macs suck anyone whos anybody has a NORMAL computer :p
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:21 pm

I think he did a good job

Only problem I have with it is that he didn't include how to fix the memory leak that this trigger causes
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:24 pm

kuz i dont know how to do that.

/cry
Back to top Go down
KevKevQaz
Recruit
Recruit
KevKevQaz

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:28 pm

Kogs right on that
Only ach and asb would have macs n only ach would have those pics
Back to top Go down
sube2
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Way to suck.   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:46 am

Alright, so you made a wisp wheel that will cause lag after about a minute of it running, then the lag will get bigger. Then when everyone leaves, there will be a big black screen that will last FOREVER. But, it's easy to fix. Just make a point variable (xPoint) and set that variable to where the wisp moves. Then at the end of the trigger do this.
custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_xPoint)
Back to top Go down
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:14 am

ehh that tutorial is probably copied
you said it took you 3 hours?! lol thats pretty sad :O
and yes to what sube said

Anyways its a nice tutorial, simple and descriptive
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:09 am

For all u ppl whining about mem leaks, i added something that is even better then the crapy ways u "pro map makers" were saying to do it. BEHOLD IN AWE
Back to top Go down
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 12:00 pm

fyi, ive seen that tutorial. you also copied it and just pasted it, which was a bad idea. its pretty obvious your english sucks. for you not to make one spelling or grammical error thoughout that entire tutorial is beyond me. dont lie rofl
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:39 pm

dark its not copied, 1. it was done on a mac, ach is the only one nooby enough to have a mac and still make this tutorial

2. simple test to see if something is copied, cntrl-c a random sentence and google it if theres a perfect match then its copied if there isnt a match even close then its not

if your really lame you could try it like 10 times with parts less than a sentence just incase the person meticulously went through and changed words

read the previous page before you make an insinuating comment about someones hard work
Back to top Go down
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 11:43 pm

WELL THEN
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:17 pm

FUck this tutorial all the pics are gone lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To Make A Wisp Wheel
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next