Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_lcap26%Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_lcap35%Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_lcap19%Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_lcap0%Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_lcap0%Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_lcap10%Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_lcap10%Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Installing Awesome Texture Packs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Serenity09
Serenity09

Installing Awesome Texture Packs Empty
PostSubject: Installing Awesome Texture Packs   Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:53 pm

By default, minecraft only allows the use of 16x16 texture packs by default. this means that there are basically 16x16 squares per side of block and they each have their own color. Some of these packs look pretty decent, but obviously the lower the total amount of squares per side the less "good" you can make a block look.

Thats where higher res texture packs come in, such as 32x32 or 64x64. These are a bit harder on the computer but anything up to 64x64 should be easy for it.

For our demonstration we're going to use the albion texture pack

Heres an example of what it looks like
Installing Awesome Texture Packs 2-9

Step 1 (for old launcher): doing a clean install of minecraft
backup any saves you want to keep and then delete your entire minecraft folder (found in the hidden file appdata) except for the actual minecraft client
run the minecraft client (this will re-dl everything)
close minecraft

if the new launcher works for you, then you should just get that and do the alternative step 1 (go to the official site and download minecraft for newest launcher)

Step 1 (for new launcher):
this is the new launcher:
click Force Update in the options of the launcher and then login

Step 2: get the texture pack and the high res patcher
actual texture pack

Choose the right ver for your OS and download it from here

Step 3: changing the res minecraft texture packs use
open up the texture patcher you downloaded in step 2
change the resolution to 64x64 (if you do this for a different pack, change it to whatever res that pack uses. ex albion uses 64x64 so we set it to 64x64)
patch minecraft

Step 4: final stuff
In the patcher click open minecraft folder location.
Take the albion texture pack (as a zip... do NOT unzip) and place it in your minecraft folder's texture pack folder
start minecraft up again
go to change texture pack, and choose albion
your game should now look 100x better!

Last edited by Serenity09 on Mon May 02, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BandaIar
Corporal
Corporal
BandaIar

PostSubject: Re: Installing Awesome Texture Packs   Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Seren you could have just left it with the link on where to dl the patcher it goes into detail there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Installing Awesome Texture Packs   Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 2:23 pm

oops lol
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Installing Awesome Texture Packs   Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:09 pm

You dont have to delete anything to get a clean install
Just click Force Update in the options of the launcher

This way only mods and textures are erased
This will keep your saves and txt files for settings and mods
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Installing Awesome Texture Packs   Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:06 pm

if you want to add a suggestion, then include all the modified steps leading up to your suggestion. IE for people who get the old launched by default (like me) which doesn't have a force update option.

the reason i did it the way i did, was to skip that
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Installing Awesome Texture Packs   Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:08 pm

I did say the modified steps, you do what i said instead of deleting
So what i said replaces step 1 in your tutorial

And the launcher has an options button which is where force update is
The launcher download link is on the site and gets updated every now and then, you should check it and re-download it from time to time

The new one hasnt been new since like patch 1.1 so i assumed everyone was using it
I also thought that the launcher was self updating, but i guess its not
Back to top Go down
BandaIar
Corporal
Corporal
BandaIar

PostSubject: Re: Installing Awesome Texture Packs   Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:00 pm

i thought the new launcher came out after 1.1, this is the newest one right

https://2img.net/h/oi53.tinypic.com/4v4xmp.png
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Installing Awesome Texture Packs   Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:50 am

Yeah thats the newest, it may have come after 1.1, i was just trying to say its not really new since its a couple months old now

Also the way you install texture packs has changed since 1.5
Maybe update the tutorial to show the new way

The new way is alot easier and allows to switch between any of the ones you have at will, but is alot more likely to mess minecraft up if you dont unpatch the game before updating
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Installing Awesome Texture Packs   Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:11 pm

updated
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Installing Awesome Texture Packs   Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:21 pm

The link you put to the texture patcher isnt the right one
That one doesnt work with 1.5+

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=252531
Is the one
That one also has a tutorial for using it

So do step 1 from serens post and the first part of step 2 to where you get a texture pack, then do the tutorial in that link i posted here up to step 3, then do seren's step 4

Theres a chance you can break your minecraft if you update after you patch with the texture patcher
When minecraft updates, or when you want to use force update, make sure you say no to the update, close minecraft and go into the texture patcher first and click unpatch
Then you can use let minecraft update like normal

If you forget to do this youll probably end up looking at a black screen after the update
But dont worry cause you can fix it later by using the texture patchers restore button, then hitting unpatch and then update again

If for some reason the texture patcher didnt make a backup then youll probably have to delete everything except your saves to make it work right again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing Awesome Texture Packs   Installing Awesome Texture Packs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installing Awesome Texture Packs
Page 1 of 1