Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_lcap26%Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_lcap35%Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_lcap19%Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_lcap0%Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_lcap0%Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_lcap10%Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_lcap10%Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)

Go down 
+6
bloodasb
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Kallock
BackseatDriver
AmAzIn[G]
Pat1487
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) Empty
PostSubject: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:47 pm

I hate dota, with a passion

Dota has so many flaws:
The recipe system is a pain in the ass
Agi heroes are imbalanced
Int heroes suck late game
Theres quite a few bugs (picking more then 1 hero, free insta respawning, vision glitches on certain inclines/areas)
Item effects stack in weird ways
The hotkeys were never grouped together well, and to use an item you have to use the numpad which is all the way across the keyboard

I like the general gameplay concept (build a hero, kill enemy base), but there was just too many things that made me dislike it
And I hate it cause its hosted too much, it consumes the wc3 game list like a virus

I had to put that before I started posting about a copy of dota called Heroes of Newerth (which im going to call HoN from now on)

So why would someone who hates dota post about (or even play) a dota clone
Im posting because HoN is awesome, and Ill get to why I even played it in the first place later

HoN fixed everything thats wrong with dota, and improved it
The recipe system is still there, but the layout is better, and its not as tedious (you can select a recipe, and a sub menu comes up where you can buy the items that make it)
Heroes are more balanced, theres an actual magic resistance stat which works like armor to spells that works much better then the wc3 way
The interface is improved, selecting your hero is much better, full stats and spell descriptions are shown, and you can open the shop without moving your cam to the shop (if you buy stuff when your not near the shop it goes into your stash, which is actually part of the interface instead of a circle of power
The hotkeys are improved, you can change them to w/e you want

Theres stat tracking, sorta like ladder, you get a lvl, a win %, and all your kills deaths and assists are saved between games
Theres no lag, everything feels more responsive then wc3 dota
Theres stuff thats not possible in wc3 dota, like certain attack modifications, and spells
The graphics are 10x better
Theres 3 maps right now, more can/will be added, theres the normal dota map from wc3 (remade to look better), theres a 3v3 map thats 4x better then the normal dota map, and theres a 1v1 map that i havent played

If you like dota, then youll love this
If you hate dota (but like the general gamplay concept), then youll like this

The only reason I even played this game is cause its made by S2Games, they made 2 other games, which ive played in the past, and really liked, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt

Right now its free, but at some point it will cost $20-$30 (which is when i wont play it)
Getting a key to play it is kindve hard though

The official site is here: http://beta.heroesofnewerth.com/main.php
Or you can try here: http://heroesofnewerth.com/
You might get a blank page, with just a background, that means theres no keys left to give out (officially), or it might put you at a sign-up page where you need a key, I cant log-out to see what it will say for you
Theres also an official facebook for it: https://www.facebook.com/heroesofnewerth
It possible to get a key from there, but highly unlikely

If you cant get a key from any of the above, PM me if your really interested and ill give you a less official way to get one

If you have an account, my name on it is the same as here, so add me to your freinds list, i wont be on for the rest of today though
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Pat their all gone from what ive looked at, get me 1 ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:25 pm

yea they are gone Sad
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:01 am

Pat, you realize HoN copied everything from dota right? Same spells, just different names/skins/interface... They even copied the items, but they sorted them better in HoN
Btw, bandalar has beta keys still (I think)
Dota is actually pretty balanced... It's just that you have to know each hero really well and a good item build
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:29 am

I said why i didnt like dota, and it had nothing to do with disliking particular heroes or items

Dota is imbalanced because theres no magical resistance in wc3, some of your armor contributes to how much dmg is reduced from spells, so getting armor protects you from both physical dmg, as well as spells

Since spell dmg is capped at a certain amount for int heroes, and armor isnt, eventually (by mid to late game) int heroes cant do enough dmg
If that wasnt bad enough, add to that the speed of agi heroes, and int heroes dont stand a chance

In HoN armor doesnt reduce spell dmg, theres a whole new seperate stat for that, so int heroes can still stand a chance

That 1 difference balances out everything so much better

Theres still some heroes which i think are to powerful, like theres 1 called jereziah, idk which dota character hes copied after, but hes just insanely powerful against str and agi heroes, int heroes are the only thing that can take him down, his magical resistance barely goes up each lvl

The place I got my key from was shut down, so i cant get more
You'll have to wait till (if) my account gets invites
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:44 pm

w/e think what you want to think... dota is one of the most balanced games on bnet
unlike footies
Back to top Go down
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 6:41 pm

I don't like DotA :p
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:31 pm

Kallock wrote:
w/e think what you want to think... dota is one of the most balanced games on bnet
unlike footies

I never said footies was balanced, the tiers are (NE is a bit op if you have alot of money), but the heroes arent at all lol, this isnt about footies though

All I know is, i hate dota, but i like hon

Ive played 6 games of dota over all of the years its been out, and ive played 5 games of hon in the last day and a half
4 of those dota games were recent (like june), 2 were from a long time ago (1 was from the starcraft version years ago, but i dont count that)

Have you played hon yet? (im assuming you like dota, since your defending it)
And what kind of dota characters do you play (im assuming its not int), or do you have a specific character
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:34 pm

I like HoN idk whay people like dota :DD

HoN > DOTA
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:10 pm

int heroes are some of the best heroes =X
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:18 pm

only for people who know how to use them,

peple who die more than twice Already lose with int, since str or agi will rape hard as they revive =/ its all about lvling for int to be good if u lvl ur good if u dont u lose PERIOD
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:38 pm

iv heard about hon on vent i forget the guys name though. blood whos the guy that gave us the channel? but yea he made it sound good i wanted to try it but he used all his invites already
Back to top Go down
ZETTA_SLOW
Recruit
Recruit
ZETTA_SLOW

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:50 pm

ahh, i was too late in getting one. All my friends have been raving over how good it is. If anyone has a spare key, i would forever appreciate them xP
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:15 am

http://www.alienwarearena.com/event/hon-beta-giveaway/

Is giving them away, all you have to do is make an account at that site and you can get a key
At the time of posting this theres 6973 keys left, but 20 go every minute so if you want one, youd better hurry

I got keys for amaz, mark, backseatdriver, and zetta
I PMed them to you
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:00 pm

thanks pat, i installed it, and this is what happened after i clicked the HON icon on my desktop

Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) Wtf
Back to top Go down
ZETTA_SLOW
Recruit
Recruit
ZETTA_SLOW

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:06 pm

thanks pat! it worked :B
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:19 pm

yea the game crashed for me, it might be that i dont have the minimum requirements
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:51 pm

Amaz:
Open your startup.cfg file (\My Documents\Heroes of Newerth\game\startup.cfg) and change this line:

SetSave vid_shadowmapSize "2048"

to this:

SetSave vid_shadowmapSize "256"

and:

SetSave vid_shadows "1"

to:

SetSave vid_shadows "0"

Save start.cfg and close it
Start the game

Also make sure you meet the system requirements

Minimum:
Processor - 2.2GHz Pentium 4 / AMD 2400+ or faster
RAM - 1GB of RAM
Video Card - GeForce 5 and ATI 9800 w/ 128 MB VRAM
Windows XP, Win2k or Windows Vista
Network Connection Required

Recommended:
Processor - 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo / AMD 3500+ or faster
RAM - 1.5GB or higher
Video Card - 256MB Geforce 7800+ or Radeon X1900+
Network Connection Required (Broadband)
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:28 pm

it says i cant open the startup, heres a screen pic .... its big
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) Wtf123
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:36 pm

right click it, then scroll over "open with", and select either wordpad or notepad
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:42 pm

This pops up again, even after i did what u said
Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) Wtf
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 5:26 pm

well i can play? :DD lol but i have to play on my windows part soo, its laggy but it works, i think they used the wrong things working with the dmg =/ (the mac file) for the game i tihnk it raws upon the wrong version of my opengl? can u help?ASDAKSJDAKSD
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:49 am

oh yea pat, i have a cd key gfor this game, but its active, do u know how to deactivate it with out the guys pass and account name?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:01 am

You cant do that lol

Whered you get it from

I probably have an extra one but i havent played it since august 20th or so
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:02 am

amaz gave it to me

btw can u stop being anti social and look at the chatbox or bots? loser... making me wait for ur posts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)   Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes of Newerth (DOTA Clone)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next