Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_lcap26%Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_lcap35%Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_lcap19%Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_lcap0%Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_lcap0%Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_lcap10%Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_lcap10%Pokemon Black (and White) I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Pokemon Black (and White)

Go down 
+3
hlw_rocer
Serenity09
Pat1487
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Pokemon Black (and White) Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:18 pm

I played Pokemon Blue (and red and yellow, mostly blue though) as a kid, i tried to play gold when that came out, but didnt like it and havent played any of the new ones (except leaf green/fire red, but that is a remake of blue, and i only got to cerulean city before i stopped playing)
I thought id give black a try since a friend of mine (older then me) said it was as close to the original as any of the new ones have ever been, but at the same time was fresh
I didnt really understand that before playing but hes right, and i still cant really explain it any better then he could

The story is relatively interesting, Team Plasma (the team rocket of this game, i would just call them team rocket, but i think team rocket is still around in this game) thinks people are mistreating pokemon by using them to battle and want to free them, even take them away from their trainers by force
And they are technically right
People in the pokemon world use pokemon to battle eachother until 1 is on the brink of death for their amusement
Sure the pokemon seem happy to do this, but theyve been raised like this, some have been breed into it, others in the wild just trying to survive when random assholes come out of no where throwing balls at them so that they can be stuffed into it and, with no choice, be made obedient and submissive to the random asshole that threw it, and all the people think this is good
This is a fucked up world, especially when compared to ours
Mistreatment of animals, no its worse then that, pokemon have shown signs of intelligence, i mean look at meowth from the anime, they are mistreating things that have the potential to speak and act like humans
And everyone thinks what they are doing is right
Team Plasma in this game just wants to free them and they are going to do it by any means necessary because its the only choice they have with the way this world works
Some of the things they do (like kicking a pokemon) seem terrible, but they need to do it to accomplish their goal of freeing the pokemon, and its really not that bad when you compare it to how they are hit during battles
It might seem like it doesnt make sense, or that they are hypocrites, since they use pokemon to battle you, but they are only working with the current system to gain the ability to change the current system, it would be like using the law to change the law you used to change the law you wanted to change to prevent people from exploiting it further, its the only way it could be changed

Pokemon Black (and White) 28be6c6

The gameplay is basically the same as blue, but with changes and more abilities
Theres double battles and triple battles
I havent gotten into a triple battle yet, i thought the first gym would be a tripple battle, i think it was supposed to be but they scrapped that idea when they realized that by that point in the game you wouldnt have 3 viable pokemon to use
I like double battles though
Speaking of the first gym, they are dicks, they are like "oh you picked the fire type to start, yeah we are going to put you up against water, gl" how do they even know what i started with, did Prof Juniper call them ahead of time and say "yeah hes on his way, btw, he picked the fire starter, make sure you kick his ass"
TMs can be used more then once, back in blue they could only be used once but HMs could be used more then once, that was the whole point of having different names
Now they have the different names and work the same, also HM stands for hidden machine, i got cut right away as part of a mandatory quest, that isnt hidden
They combined pokemarts and pokecenters now which is nice

Pokemon Black (and White) 20j4y6a

The new pokemon all seem to just be animals with elements, like the water bear starter, or the fire pig starter (i dont know wtf the grass starter is supposed to be but it looks like a smug douchebag), the electric horse, patrat, grass monkey, fire monkey, water monkey, lilpup or pidove

Pokemon Black (and White) 1679-183372-2-screenshot

Also they are basically reskins of the original pokemon, the starters are like the ones from the original, pidove=pidgy, patrat=rattata, blitzle (electric horse)=ponyta (fire horse), Audio(something like that)=Chansey, rock ball in the first cave(cant remember name)=geodude, woobat=zubat, some sort of sand crocadile(sanddile might be the name)=sandshrew, venomite (the first red bug)=caterpie, cotton (a grass pokemon that looks like a peice of cotton)=belsprout etc
I guess thats why it feels like the orignal so much

The locations feel like the original to, the first big city you get to feels like safron city, and the boat below it feels like the boat from the original
The places look alot better and are more interesting though

Pokemon Black (and White) 16gz683

Theres a day and night system that based on the actual time
Theres also a season system, but its not based on actual time
In the game its Autumn, and the in game date says March, its possible where the game takes place is in the southern hemisphere though
Also i dont know what the seasons do other then change the graphics, if certain pokemon only show up in certain seasons that would be gay because it would be impossible to catch them without waiting like half a year

Some of it is stupid, you get forced to give out/take these surveys if you talk to a specific guy, i thought you had to give them to NPCs in the game, but they want you to give them to other real people that have the game, you arent forced to do it, but you cant say no after you talk to the guy so you just have to ignore it

Overall its the best pokemon game since the first ones, i havent finished it yet, but i will eventually, unless it forces me to grind levels so that i can fight the next gym leader

When i took the screenshots above i forgot to turn on a specific filter to make the quality suck less
Heres a pic from above, but with the filter, for comparison
Pokemon Black (and White) Xfpb21
The one guys face is still messed up though lol
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Quote :
Now they have the different names and work the same, also HM stands for hidden machine, i got cut right away as part of a mandatory quest, that isnt hidden
i always thought of HM's as the crappy necessary techniques that you need to teach eventually

the name for hm's is weird, but they've always been like that.
id say that you also couldnt delete hm's after teaching em, but that hasn't been true for awhile either

Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:39 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
i always thought of HM's as the crappy necessary techniques that you need to teach eventually

the name for hm's is weird, but they've always been like that.
id say that you also couldnt delete hm's after teaching em, but that hasn't been true for awhile either

I mean if they are going to make TMs and HMs the same why even bother keeping the different names, either change the HMs to TMs but give them letters something like TM-A instead of HM01 or make them all hidden like the name suggests

I didnt even realize you could forget HMs, i assumed you couldnt and didnt bother to try

Also i forgot to mention, old HMs are now just TMs, like HM05 (flash, the stupidest mandatory move ever) from the first games is now TM70
TM70 is given to you by some random guy that jumps out from a dumpster thats in an alley that has nothing else in it, and is a side path that you have to be purposely exploring the city to find, as you walk past, which is more hidden then the HMs
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:02 pm

pat i challenge you to a pokemon battle
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:28 pm

I dont have a DS so i cant play it online
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:03 am

speaking of ds i just got the 3ds today and haven't actually seeing it previously i was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the 3d

unfortunately i didnt get any games at the same time because amazon wanted to give me 25$ off a game after i purchased it but they didnt give that to me right away so i had to wait a day

also amazon lists pokemon white first and i declare them and everyone else racists.

Pokemon Black (and White) Pokemo10

Pokemon Black (and White) Pokemo11

noone point out the white version has 4.6 stars and the black has 5 stars
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:42 pm

Knight of Gods wrote:
speaking of ds i just got the 3ds today and haven't actually seeing it previously i was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the 3d

unfortunately i didnt get any games at the same time because amazon wanted to give me 25$ off a game after i purchased it but they didnt give that to me right away so i had to wait a day

also amazon lists pokemon white first and i declare them and everyone else racists.

Pokemon Black (and White) Pokemo10

Pokemon Black (and White) Pokemo11

noone point out the white version has 4.6 stars and the black has 5 stars
\

why would you get the 3ds right now
it's like 250 dollars and it has no good games yet
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:37 pm

its not going to drop in price any time soon, and the Ocarina of Time and Kid Icarus are coming out before the summer I think.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:41 pm

Im probably not going to get a 3ds, but if i was id wait for the 2nd or 3rd version of it, by then the price would drop and they would probably add something, like a larger screen
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:46 pm

ohyeah and kog
on gamefaqs pokemon black is the top game so it's all even
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 2:26 pm

The world of pokemon is fucked up, and i dont mean the whole forcing intelligent creatures to battle each other until 1 is knocked out cold thing
Black 2 and White 2 came out so i started playing Black again

Back in red and blue there was a poekmon called cubone and it wore a skull
The pokedex entry for it was something like "it wears the skull of its deceased mother, its cries of agony can be heard echoing within it"
Thats pretty messed up considering pokemon arent just animals and they are fairly intelligent, some are even able to learn human language
And when i was a kid i never really thought much about it, i thought of pokemon as animals so it didnt seem that weird to me, and i actually completely forgot about it until today

But i was reminded of it today by Yamask because the pokedex entry for yamask is even more messed up then that:

Pokemon Black (and White) LlB97

Now, when i read that, i had to stop and say, WTF
So in the pokemon world, when people die, they can become a ghost type pokemon
That right there is already pretty messed up and raises many questions about how the afterlife in the pokemon world works but thahs only the beginning
Once they become a pokemon they are stripped of their identity and voice and are condemned to carrying around their own face which constantly reminds them of what they once were causing them to be in a constant existential crisis, to the point where they break down and cry

Oh, and when a person captures a yamask they are literally capturing a human soul
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 3:10 pm

i'm tempted to download black/white 2 and play it
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:03 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
Oh, and when a person captures a yamask they are literally capturing a human soul

hah Ash sounds like a demon summoned from the underworld by none other than Satan himself to help him catch all of the souls (humans and animals) in the Pokemon world. Sometime down the future of Pokemon your going to be able to capture living humans, inanimate objects, light, space, even gravity. Maybe Satan's goal isn't to simply take all of the souls but to simply capture everything in existence. From my guess then Satan is probably a scientist and is trying to trying a cosmic level experiment. By capturing everything in existence he could then upload the digital files of the poke-balls into the pokedex and create a digital world in which time is not longer existent. This digital universe is however exactly the same as the one before it, except we know no difference other than the fact that none of us age or die unless were dragged to the trash bin. And I'd assume Satan would then play with our world a lot like how we play Sims.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:46 pm

O Japan you so crazy

on another note, anyone have either black/white 1 or 2? Down to trade and/or battle
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:20 am

What did Blitzle choose to do? Hey hans, have you played all of the 3DS games that were released at the time you said there aren't any good games for it? No, you are just jumping on the bandwagon of everyone saying that. Some of them were surprisingly fun. -MAZE OUT
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 am

ummm maze, what the hell are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 11:20 pm

agreed mark
what is maze talking about
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 2:11 am

mazemasta77 wrote:
What did Blitzle choose to do?

He didn't get to choose, i forced him to fight

mazemasta77 wrote:
Hey hans, have you played all of the 3DS games that were released at the time you said there aren't any good games for it? No, you are just jumping on the bandwagon of everyone saying that. Some of them were surprisingly fun. -MAZE OUT

I was thinking about getting a 3DS when they came out with the 3rd or 4th version, i think i posted about it back when it came out, since nintendo has a tendency to do that kind of thing, but no good games came out for it

One of the top rated games for it is a painting app: http://www.metacritic.com/feature/25-best-nintendo-3ds-games
The top rated game is a remake of a game that was already top rated for its original console
Pushmo is the only game that looks good to me, not counting remakes

And for some reason Pokemon Black/White 2 didnt come out for 3DS
Actually the reason for that is because it probably uses the same engine as white/black 1 has, which doesnt support 3d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black (and White)   Pokemon Black (and White) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black (and White)
Page 1 of 1