Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
New Harry Potter I_vote_lcap26%New Harry Potter I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
New Harry Potter I_vote_lcap35%New Harry Potter I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
New Harry Potter I_vote_lcap19%New Harry Potter I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
New Harry Potter I_vote_lcap0%New Harry Potter I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
New Harry Potter I_vote_lcap0%New Harry Potter I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
New Harry Potter I_vote_lcap10%New Harry Potter I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
New Harry Potter I_vote_lcap10%New Harry Potter I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

New Harry Potter

Go down 
+6
Achilles.42
Serenity09
AmAzIn[G]
Pat1487
BackseatDriver
marksoccer
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:52 pm

BackseatDriver wrote:
Ok i have a couple more movies under my belt now, so new list:
1. Grown Ups (very little conflict in the movie but there are laughs all over)
2. Toy Story 3 (who doesnt like this movie)
3. Harry Potter (Good movie, but i havent seen the last 2 in the series so i was missing a little bit of the plot)

yea i just say the new harry potter and it was really good. they were true to the book and the part they split was also very good. and backseat.....you couldn't understand anything in the movie if you dont know wat has been happening. you didn't miss a bit of the plot but the WHOLE plot.
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:19 pm

at least i knew who most of the characters were. If I never watched any of the movies or never read any of the books, I would be completely lost in that movie.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:36 pm

The problem with Harry Potter is that its spread out over 10 years now
I would have to go back and watch the first couple movies to be able to watch the new one
Plus its only part 1, which means it probably ends on a cliffhanger, id rather just wait till july and see all 8 in a row from beginning to end

Last edited by Pat1487 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:11 pm

The movie is split into two parts, therefore...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:55 pm

dude there's no need for a spoiler...
Everyone knew harry potter would end in a cliff hanger...

A two part movie will always do that lol, they do it so you want to see the second part REALLY bad lol.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:24 am

yeah! i cant wait to find out what happens next!

besides the ridiculousness of a cliff hanger for a book every1s read i kinda get why they ended it on a cliff hanger but i still dont think it was necessary.
like, every good series (and i think harry potter is goood) can be thought of as 1 book that was divided up to generate more interest/anticipation and profit. most authors will say that their series should be thought of as one book, idk if rowling did but im pretty sure tolkien did. well the end of the first movie wasn't exactly a cliff hanger, but that didn't stop people from seeing the second one. hell the first coulda been fairly bad and it wouldnt have mattered. in fact one of the most loved actors in the movie could have died and it wouldn't stop people from going (actually happened). so yeah for something thats already achieved the awesomeness of harry potter, it doesn't really need to generate additional support... practically the whole world loves it already and those (super-lame-people) that dont probably are refusing to see the movies on some "im too good for that type of stuff" principal.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:57 pm

see that is where you are wrong seren. It was not split for the money (but it is an incentive) but for the fans. If you read the last book you would know that NOTHING could be cut out of it book. The best decision they could have been made was to split it, or else they will have plot holes everywere and all the fans would have been really angry making it would have been a horrible ending to an amazing series.

And i heard due date was really funny but I hav't seen it myself
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:46 am

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
Serenity09 wrote:
yeah! i cant wait to find out what happens next!

besides the ridiculousness of a cliff hanger for a book every1s read i kinda get why they ended it on a cliff hanger but i still dont think it was necessary.
like, every good series (and i think harry potter is goood) can be thought of as 1 book that was divided up to generate more interest/anticipation and profit. most authors will say that their series should be thought of as one book, idk if rowling did but im pretty sure tolkien did. well the end of the first movie wasn't exactly a cliff hanger, but that didn't stop people from seeing the second one. hell the first coulda been fairly bad and it wouldnt have mattered. in fact one of the most loved actors in the movie could have died and it wouldn't stop people from going (actually happened). so yeah for something thats already achieved the awesomeness of harry potter, it doesn't really need to generate additional support... practically the whole world loves it already and those (super-lame-people) that dont probably are refusing to see the movies on some "im too good for that type of stuff" principal.

I try not to take every aspect into account when I'm posting.
Keeping it short and simple is generally best.

i try to keep my posts useful when i'm posting.
keeping it relevant and funny is generally best.
of course i could see how being condescending is good too.

Quote :
see that is where you are wrong seren. It was not split for the money (but it is an incentive) but for the fans. If you read the last book you would know that NOTHING could be cut out of it book. The best decision they could have been made was to split it, or else they will have plot holes everywere and all the fans would have been really angry making it would have been a horrible ending to an amazing series.

And i heard due date was really funny but I hav't seen it myself

thats sorta true. i'm pretty sure 200 pages from the camping trip could be cut, but having 2 movies definitely makes room for the good parts to be given more time. i still think it has equal parts to do with money and fan pleasing though.

my brother refuses to see due date =(
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:00 am

its money then fans, not fans then money.
if they could have gotten away with it they, would have split every movie into two parts. but some one said: "no, people will get completely sick of us, and we will lose millions; lets just cut huge amounts out of it and the fans will probably stick with us anyway"

now they realize that after sticking with them for 10ish years there's almost no chance of any portion of people that matters deserting them now. so they're splitting it into two parts, since it is both safe and profitable now and has no chance of hurting future profits, because there are no future profits.

its amusing though that mark thinks a for profit company would care about fans before profits; you just generally cant have one without the other.
-----
and your right seren, condescending is sometimes best...

Last edited by Pat1487 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:59 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : How do you spell profit right that many times, but manage to spell it wrong once and cause everyone to go offtopic)
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:43 pm

Serenity09 wrote:

i try to keep my posts useful when i'm posting.
keeping it relevant and funny is generally best.
of course i could see how being condescending is good too.

You can still post short and simple things that are relevant and funny.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:39 am

Achilles.42 wrote:
its money then fans, not fans then money.
if they could have gotten away with it they, would have split every movie into two parts. but some one said: "no, people will get completely sick of us, and we will lose millions; lets just cut huge amounts out of it and the fans will probably stick with us anyway"

now they realize that after sticking with them for 10ish years there's almost no chance of any portion of people that matters deserting them now. so they're splitting it into two parts, since it is both safe and profitable now and has no chance of hurting future profits, because there are no future profits.

its amusing though that mark thinks a for prophet company would care about fans before profits; you just generally cant have one without the other.
-----
and your right seren, condescending is sometimes best...

ok so first of all with no fans there is no money. so they go hand in hand there is non greater then the other. In the other books there was lots that they could cut out and they did. It was not the companies idea, it was the writers. After the release of the 7th book he called the director and told him that they can't cut anything out due to the segnificane of it all. Even the camping that seren mention was crucal
Spoiler:
WB agreed because of Harry Potter being a cash cow but it was though up because there is NO WAY to make it one movie unless it is 6 hours
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 2:47 am

marksoccer wrote:
ok so first of all with no fans there is no money
no, with no people willing to buy a product there is no money; it might seem like semantics but its really not, companies do shit all the time that pisses off their fans, but only if it makes more money then not doing it.
look at every main stream rapper, they were originally actual rappers, but completely deserted there fans to make MONEY, it wasn't because they "cared" more about the potential fans, it was because they were more profitable.
its a cutthroat world.
well... the real world, Canada doesn't qualify.

marksoccer wrote:
In the other books there was lots that they could cut out and they did
That is definitely arguable; for a start, as seren mentioned, several hundred pages of camping trip could probably be cut out.
apart from that though, except that it is the finally, i dont think there is any particular value to the words in the 7th book that render them "untouchable", at least compared to the other books.

to support this with two faulty arguments:
1) lots of people agree with me
2) the harry potter books were some of the few books i had when i was younger, and i read them about once a month'ish each, and i strongly disagree that the 7th book is untouchable in comparison.

marksoccer wrote:
It was not the companies idea, it was the writers
is it the writers decision to make TV episodes fit into neat little segments that will be easily scheduled? no, they are aware of there limitations, and are occasionally able to step outside them for premieres and finales; same for harry potter, its a finale so they are given (or lobby the company to benefit them selves) more time to complete the series.

marksoccer wrote:
because there is NO WAY to make it one movie unless it is 6 hours
like i said before, theres nothing about the 7th book that makes it un-editable.
---
at best, you are right about it making no sense without them making it 6 hours; however, all the other books still had a close to equal portion of un-editable info, and the movies as a stand alone are still riddled with plot holes due to all they cut out; which shows how right i am about them only caring about the quality of the product when balanced with profits.
At worst, im just right about everything.

------------

Pat:
pat, im drawing the line at arguing over harry potter. If anyone starts arguing about Justin Bieber or Milly Cyrus, you are obligated to kill them (or me or yourself)

AND DONT THINK I DONT SEE YOU EDITING MY POSTS AND LEAVING YOUR SNIDE LIL COMMENTS.

Admins, they're everywhere!

------------

Ach:
why the fuck did you just spend 30 minutes writing a 400ish word argument over harry potter? wtf... fuck you past me.
Back to top Go down
BandaIar
Corporal
Corporal
BandaIar

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:19 pm

This is my favorite movie in the series so far next to the fourth one.
Also I agree with parts of what both of you said, one that they couldn't cut anything because of how important everything is, but i also agree with the fact they split it to get more money not just for the fans. Fans would be fine if the movie was super long and only one movie. I think many fans would rather see it all at once then have to wait months in between
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:48 pm

yea, thats a good point, if it was really about the fans they wouldn't make them wait extra months.
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:15 pm

i got sick of harry potter, the last few movies sucked and i think their milking this cow dry. I will desinatly not see this movie.
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:21 pm

The characters are getting old too, haha. Daniel Radcliff is growing a beard the entire movie
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:21 pm

K ach wat in the 7th book could be cut out, put it in a spolier by the way.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 8:44 pm

of all of the places to see someone write a paragraph in an argument in a forum,
this is one of the most pathetic topics.

Your fighting over harry potter achilles, just remember that next time you have your period.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 4:47 am

Someone Seren already said the pirates camping trip could be cut out of the book

Why did i say pirates, i typed it out and was like, wait, pirates? in harry potter...
Thats just crazy, wtf
So i searched for cut on the page and found out what was actually said, and who really said it and fixed it
But i would like to see harry potter vs ruthless pirates movie
100s of ruthless pirates
Ruthless pirates that can fly by thinking angry thoughts
Like reverse peter pan
I can see the epic climax fight:
Hermione would be violently raped by 6 of the pirates at a time, and they keep rotating pirates every few mins, while being suspended very close and very loosely over heavily shark infested waters, as they cut off her head slowly with a dull rusty sword
Ron would be gutted starting from his taint all the way to the rib cage, then choked to death by his own entrails
Harry would eventually win by taking on 10-15 of them at a time all badass like, using spells to blow them up so many at a time that it begins raining blood and bone shrapnel, trying to fight his way through to his friends only to fail at saving them in the end and having to deal with a bitter victory, to forever blame himself for not getting to his friends in time to prevent their deaths, constantly having hagrid tell him that it wasnt his fault, and that he shouldnt blame himself

It would be a sad ending, but a good lesson for the kids
And if you question "What lesson is that trying to teach!?" well then you clearly dont see my vision for the most epic 20 year old highschool wizards vs flying ruthless pirate horde showdown ever put to film

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:46 am

i think i can speak for everyone when i say we saw a very clear vision of you in a mental hospital
haha jk (mostly)
Quote :
Hermione would be violently raped by 6 of the pirates at a time, and they keep rotating pirates every few mins, while being suspended very close and very loosely over heavily shark infested waters, as they cut off her head slowly with a dull rusty sword
you weren't kidding about it being an *puts on sunglasses*
Quote :
epic climax fight
Spoiler:

however pat, in all seriousness i have to question this. there are some things that just aren't ok. i mean why are only 10-15 of the pirates rushing harry at a time. this is really bothering me and i cant sleep knowing that at any given time there were pirates doing jack shit while waiting to get blown up. its just not morally acceptable.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:32 am

Im starting to wonder if we found pats strange fetish.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
however pat, in all seriousness i have to question this. there are some things that just aren't ok. i mean why are only 10-15 of the pirates rushing harry at a time. this is really bothering me and i cant sleep knowing that at any given time there were pirates doing jack shit while waiting to get blown up. its just not morally acceptable.

Cause only a certain number can surround him at once, and he kills them so fast that its never more then 10-15
When the ones in front die, more rush in, and harry is flying through the ones he blows up in front of him at the same time

marksoccer wrote:
Im starting to wonder if we found pats strange fetish.
The hermione stuff
If you take out the sharks, the dull rusty sword, the beheading, 5 people(unless they are all girls), the rotation of people(unless they are more girls and i get to stay), and make the rape optional then yes
But i dont think thats strange

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:13 pm

lol pat

the other pirates were waiting in line for hermione

emma watson is hot but reading the books i never thought hermione was hot or could be hot (i mean she ends up with ron, serious issues right there)
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
Someone Seren already said the pirates camping trip could be cut out of the book

Why did i say pirates, i typed it out and was like, wait, pirates? in harry potter...
Thats just crazy, wtf
So i searched for cut on the page and found out what was actually said, and who really said it and fixed it
But i would like to see harry potter vs ruthless pirates movie
100s of ruthless pirates
Ruthless pirates that can fly by thinking angry thoughts
Like reverse peter pan
I can see the epic climax fight:
Ron would be gutted starting from his taint all the way to the rib cage, then choked to death by his own entrails
Harry would eventually win by taking on 10-15 of them at a time all badass like, using spells to blow them up so many at a time that it begins raining blood and bone shrapnel, trying to fight his way through to his friends only to fail at saving them in the end and having to deal with a bitter victory, to forever blame himself for not getting to his friends in time to prevent their deaths, constantly having hagrid tell him that it wasnt his fault, and that he shouldnt blame himself

It would be a sad ending, but a good lesson for the kids
And if you question "What lesson is that trying to teach!?" well then you clearly dont see my vision for the most epic 20 year old highschool wizards vs flying ruthless pirate horde showdown ever put to film

Spoiler:

Wtf, why do i keep doing this, i forgot about this "story"

Anyway i saw The Deathly Hallows part 1 and 2 today
I thought they were Ok, and felt the ending wasnt that great
Spoiler:
The first movie really couldve been condensed into 40 mins and added to the runtime of the 2nd to make a single movie
You wouldnt need to cut anything out just take all the slow quiet moments and shave 2 mins off them
And i like slow quite moments, i feel like there arent enough of those types of moments in american entertainment today, but these felt like they went on too long
Watching them back to back it felt like barely anything happened in the first movie

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:45 pm

yea pat i forgot about that story too
my sentiment is the exact same as it was then
what
the
actual
fuck

i probably would agree with why they were bad, but i enjoyed the world so much i was happy to see it for as long as possible
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Harry Potter   New Harry Potter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Harry Potter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next