Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

How To Make A Wisp Wheel

Go down 
+8
Pat1487
Iord.
marksoccer
SEXorWAR-CRAFT
bloodasb
AmAzIn[G]
Knight of Gods
Achilles.42
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 8:57 am

1. Make a unit array variable called Wisp. Then make an integer variable called Num. Create a real array variable called Angle. Then, make a region variable called Center. Finally, make a real variable called Distance.

Make a trigger like this at map init that assigns your wisp units to the Wisp[#] variable, and then set the Num integer to the number of wisps you have spinning. Set the Angle[#] for each wisp to its starting angle position, set Center to the region they will revolve around, and Distance to the distance from that region (128 = 1 terrain space).:
Code:

Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Wisp[1] = Wisp 0001 <gen>
        Set Wisp[2] = Wisp 0002 <gen>
        Set Wisp[3] = Wisp 0003 <gen>
        Set Wisp[4] = Wisp 0004 <gen>
        Set Num = 4
        Set Angle[1] = 0
        Set Angle[2] = 90
        Set Angle[3] = 180
        Set Angle[4] = 270
        Set Center = Region 001 <gen>
        Set Distance = 256

2. Next, make a trigger named Wheel, and convert it to custom text. Delete everything inside, and then paste the following code in it.
Code:
function Trig_Wheel_Actions takes nothing returns nothing

local integer i = 1

loop
    exitwhen i > udg_Num
    call SetUnitX(udg_Wisp[i], GetRectCenterX(udg_Center) + udg_Distance*CosBJ(udg_Angle[i]))
    call SetUnitY(udg_Wisp[i], GetRectCenterY(udg_Center) + udg_Distance*SinBJ(udg_Angle[i]))
    set udg_Angle[i] = udg_Angle[i] + 0.2
    set i = i+1
endloop

endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Wheel takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Wheel = CreateTrigger(  )
    call DisableTrigger( gg_trg_Wheel )
    call TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic( gg_trg_Wheel, 0.01 )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Wheel, function Trig_Wheel_Actions )
endfunction

3. That trigger starts turned off, so whenever you want to use that wisp wheel just turn Wheel on. If you have multiple wheels, then on the next level just reassign all those variables.

Change the 0.2 in the line "set udg_Angle[i] = udg_Angle[i] + 0.2" to a higher/lower value to speed up/slow down the wheel.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:57 pm

Lol! this took me 3seconds to get working ty

*But How would i do this if i wanted the Center to be a unit?

i know id make a variable unit
but the jass you wrote would have to be changed to what?
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:38 am

call SetUnitX(udg_Wisp[i], GetUnitX(udg_CenterUnit) + udg_Distance*CosBJ(udg_Angle[i]))
call SetUnitY(udg_Wisp[i], GetUnitY(udg_CenterUnit) + udg_Distance*SinBJ(udg_Angle[i]))
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 11:19 pm

Arun why dont u just make another topid "Better wisp wheel tut" or pat can move ur reply to another topic "[working] wisp wheel tut" OR ACH CAN FIX IT BECAUSE HES SUCH A LAZY ASS
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:19 pm

now out of curosity can i make the centerUnit an array, like 1-12

as to make each demon hunter circle around their own control wisp?

im pretty sure the jass code would have to be changed too?

if its possible can you look into it?

and if u dont understand i can show u what i mean ><.
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:56 pm

Code:

local integer i = 1

loop
  exitwhen i > 11
  call SetUnitX(udg_Wisp[i], GetUnitX(udg_CenterUnit[i]) + udg_Distance*CosBJ(udg_Angle[i]))
  call SetUnitY(udg_Wisp[i], GetUnitY(udg_CenterUnit[i]) + udg_Distance*SinBJ(udg_Angle[i]))
  set udg_Angle[i] = udg_Angle[i] + 0.2    set i = i+1
endloop

endfunction
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:10 pm

You would need to make an array out of all the demonhunters like you do with the wisps
And you would need another Wisp variable and another distance variable so it doesnt conflict with any normal wispwheels you might have in this level

Example:
Code:
Events
        Unit enters the check that starts the level that has this wisp thing
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set WispC[1] = Wisp 0001 <gen>
        Set WispC[2] = Wisp 0002 <gen>
        Set WispC[3] = Wisp 0003 <gen>
        Set WispC[4] = Wisp 0004 <gen>
        Set WispC[5] = Wisp 0005 <gen>
        Set WispC[6] = Wisp 0006 <gen>
        Set WispC[7] = Wisp 0007 <gen>
        Set WispC[8] = Wisp 0008 <gen>
        Set WispC[9] = Wisp 0009 <gen>
        Set WispC[10] = Wisp 0010 <gen>
        Set WispC[11] = Wisp 0011 <gen>
        Set DemonHunter[1] = DemonHunter 0001 <gen>
        Set DemonHunter[2] = DemonHunter 0002 <gen>
        Set DemonHunter[3] = DemonHunter 0003 <gen>
        Set DemonHunter[4] = DemonHunter 0004 <gen>
        Set DemonHunter[5] = DemonHunter 0005 <gen>
        Set DemonHunter[6] = DemonHunter 0006 <gen>
        Set DemonHunter[7] = DemonHunter 0007 <gen>
        Set DemonHunter[8] = DemonHunter 0008 <gen>
        Set DemonHunter[9] = DemonHunter 0009 <gen>
        Set DemonHunter[10] = DemonHunter 0010 <gen>
        Set DemonHunter[11] = DemonHunter 0011 <gen>
        Set Distance2 = 150

Make sure Wisp[1] and Demonhunter[1] both belong to player 1 (Wisp[2] and DemonHunter[2] should both belong to player 2 and so on)
And make sure to remove the wisps that belong to players who arent in the game like you do with demonhunters

Then copy the whole jass trigger into a new trigger, rename it to something else, turn it off initially, and turn it on when they get to the level that has this thing (turn it off again when your done with it)

In the new jass trigger that you copied and renamed, change the lines like this:

exitwhen i > 11
call SetUnitX(udg_DemonHunter[i], GetUnitX(udg_WispC[i]) + udg_Distance2*CosBJ(udg_Angle[1]))
call SetUnitY(udg_DemoHunter[i], GetUnitY(udg_WispC[i]) + udg_Distance2*SinBJ(udg_Angle[1]))

That would make each players demonhunter rotate around the wisp that they own in sync with everyone (you can keep Angle[i] if you dont want them all in sync)

Its basically what nomor said, just explained more for what your trying to do
Or at least thats what i think your trying to do
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:11 pm

Ok i dont know if this is what u ment for me 2 do but this is what i came up with.
Is it possible for me to put all of my wisp wheels with in a certain check
into one trigger? Sorta like what ive done here?

I know the jass would have to be re-written but i think its possible?

How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 My_ide10
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Spoiler:

What you want is known as a multidimensional array, and it doesnt exist in jass
You can sorta fake one though (not really)

Lets say you want 4 wheels in the same level
The first wheel would use wisp[], angle[], centerarray[1], distancearray[], num[1]
The second wheel could use wisp2[], angle2[], centerarray[2], distancearray2[], num[2]
The 3rd could be wisp3[], angle3[], centerarray[3], distancearray3[], num[3]
And the forth wisp4[], angle4[], centerarray[4], distancearray4[], num[4]

A blank array index means you fill each one in for every wisp you have in the wheel and where you want it
Make sure you set everything right, like centerarray[1] is the center of the first wheel and so on, num[1] is the number of wisps in your first wheel and so on

Then you would change the original jass trigger to:

Code:

local integer i = 1
local integer j = 1
local integer k = 1
local integer l = 1

loop
exitwhen i > udg_Num[1]
call SetUnitX(udg_Wisp[i], GetRectCenterX(CenterArray[1]) + udg_DistanceArray[i]*CosBJ(udg_Angle[i]))
call SetUnitY(udg_Wisp[i], GetRectCenterY(CenterArray[1]) + udg_DistanceArray[i]*SinBJ(udg_Angle[i]))
set udg_Angle[i] = udg_Angle[i] + 0.2
set i = i+1
endloop

loop
exitwhen j > udg_Num[2]
call SetUnitX(udg_Wisp2[j], GetRectCenterX(CenterArray[2]) + udg_DistanceArray2[j]*CosBJ(udg_Angle2[j]))
call SetUnitY(udg_Wisp2[j], GetRectCenterY(CenterArray[2]) + udg_DistanceArray2[j]*SinBJ(udg_Angle2[j]))
set udg_Angle2[j] = udg_Angle2[j] + 0.2
set j = j+1
endloop

loop
exitwhen k > udg_Num[3]
call SetUnitX(udg_Wisp3[k], GetRectCenterX(CenterArray[3]) + udg_DistanceArray3[k]*CosBJ(udg_Angle3[k]))
call SetUnitY(udg_Wisp3[k], GetRectCenterY(CenterArray[3]) + udg_DistanceArray3[k]*SinBJ(udg_Angle3[k]))
set udg_Angle3[k] = udg_Angle3[k] + 0.2
set k = k+1
endloop

loop
exitwhen l > udg_Num[4]
call SetUnitX(udg_Wisp4[l], GetRectCenterX(CenterArray[4]) + udg_DistanceArray4[l]*CosBJ(udg_Angle4[l]))
call SetUnitY(udg_Wisp4[l], GetRectCenterY(CenterArray[4]) + udg_DistanceArray4[l]*SinBJ(udg_Angle4[l]))
set udg_Angle4[l] = udg_Angle4[l] + 0.2
set l = l+1
endloop

endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Wheel takes nothing returns nothing
set gg_trg_Wheel = CreateTrigger( )
call DisableTrigger( gg_trg_Wheel )
call TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic( gg_trg_Wheel, 0.01 )
call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Wheel, function Trig_Wheel_Actions )
endfunction

Instead of 4 different letters you could just leave i for all of them as long as you set i back to 1 after each loop
I didnt do it like that here cause im not sure it that will work and im not going to test it, but i know for a fact 4 different letters will work
You can try just using i and setting it back to 1 if you want, it might work
This will work for 4 different wisp wheels, different centers, different distances, different angles, and different numbers of wisps
It will also work for wheels that are identical, but its not really needed for those, for those you could just add to the original loop

I said it in a general way since idk what you have in mind for it, im assuming you want at least 3 different wheels in 1 level
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:33 pm

what the fuck this is too complicated. just do it without removing leaks. its a maze not dota, nobody can tell unless the game lasts 1hr+

do it in gui with polar offset !
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Lol!

it isnt that complicated... i think this is actually alot easier rofl!

and pat i just put black squares on everything just to make people wonder why the fuck i did it

so it should look like this?

i dont know how the Num would work. Is it an array, and if it is What is the num equal too.
if not then how do i do it?

How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 My_ide11
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:22 pm

I didnt say thats how i would do it

Personally I would do it like this:

Code:

local integer i = 1
local integer j = 1

loop
  exitwhen j > udg_TotalNumberOfWispsInWheelsThisLevel
  loop
    exitwhen i > (udg_TotalNumberOfWispsInWheelsThisLevel/udg_TotalNumberOfWispWheelsThisLevel)
    call SetUnitX(udg_Wisp[i], GetUnitX(udg_CenterUnit[j]) + udg_Distance[i]*CosBJ(udg_Angle[i]))
    call SetUnitY(udg_Wisp[i], GetUnitY(udg_CenterUnit[j]) + udg_Distance[i]*SinBJ(udg_Angle[i]))
    set udg_Angle[i] = udg_Angle[i] + udg_Speed[j]   
    set i = i+1
  endloop
  set j = j + 1
endloop

endfunction

I didnt say this though because idk if it works, i havent tested it
There might be something wrong with it
It would force me to put an equal number of wisps in each wheel in each level, but should work

Example:
You set 16 wisps to an array
Set 4 center units to an array to be the center of each wheel
Set 4 speeds to an array for each wheel
set the angle to an array for each wisp
Set the distance to an array for each wisp
Set the total number of wisps to a variable
Set the total number of wheels to a variable

The function takes the first wheel puts the first 4 wisps/distance/angle into that wheel, and makes it rotate around the first center unit with the first speed
Then moves on to the next wheel with the next 4 wisps/distance/angle center unit and speed
Then the 3rd wheel and so on

You would have to use multiples though
If you want 3 wheels you need enough wisps so that 3 can be divided into them, so you couldnt have a wheel with 4 whisps and 1 with 5 in the same level for example, 3 wheels of 4 wisps would need 12 wisps or 3 wheels of 5 wisps would need 15, you cant use 14 and get 2 wheels with 5 wisps and 1 wheel with 4 wisps, youd end up with 3 wheels of 4 wisps with 3 wisps left over (since it rounds down)
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:48 pm

That's stupid then lol...

That's almost counter productive...

i want a wisp wheel with 3 wisps in it, and a wisp wheel with 1 wisp in it, all in the same level.
Your pretty much telling me i cant do that, but i know for a fact i can !!! wtf lol..
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:37 pm

You cant do that with the last trigger i posted
The other one (the longer one) you can

Youd might as well do what nomor said and just stick with gui for everything
If you cant modify nomor's original wisp jass trigger to do what you want on your own then jass just isnt for you

Nomors original trigger was designed to be 1 whispwheel per level, with any type of rotation, speed, distance, and angle you wanted

The next one (nomors and mine) was to have 11 wisps rotating around 11 demonhunters (or any center unit)

Mine after that (the long one) was designed to have 4 whispwheels per level all with different settings

The one after that is how i would do a wispwheel in jass, allowing for any number of wheels you want per level as long as they had an equal number of wisps per wheel for creating several wheels at once quickly (needs testing)

All are based on nomors original 1 wheel per level trigger and all accomplish different things

If you use modulus division ( i dont think jass has a mod operand though, but i remember there was a formula to figure it out without the need for a mod operand, i cant remember it right now though) in my most recent trigger to get the remainder of wisps that are left over when it divides numbers that dont go in evenly, and keep looping until there is no remainder, then put those into wheels, you might be able to make a wheel with 3 wisps and another with 1
The closest you would get is with 3 wheels while only having a total of 5 wisps, you would end up with 1 wheel of 3 wisps and 2 wheels of 1 wisp

But since you didnt understand any of what i just said, just use gui
Cause your just going to keep needing different types of wispwheels and will always be asking us then when we attempt to make one you say:

"No, i need it to spin backwards with a wave like effect in the wheel and every 3rd wisp moves in its own small wheel, but not the 9th wisp, that one disappears and reappears at random, but not completely random, more like on a timer that has a set but random range that changes on each reappearance, and theres 4 spokes to that wheel, oh and that wheel is rotating in a larger wheel with 4 other wheels that are exactly like it but arent in that they spin at different randomly changing random speeds"

Ok, you probably wont ask for something that ridiculous, but you know what i mean
Use gui
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Ok pat, your not giving me enough credit lol. I do know some jass jeeze.

And i know how to make a wisp wheel spin backwords, and make another wisp wheel within another (in gui only tho).

Its just i cant seem to understand why You must have 4 wisps in one wheel and 3 wheels to make twelve. You say it has something to do with the loop. I mean i do sort of understand it, because variables can only be used for one thing at a time and i can see how it would clash.

But i know theirs a much easier way to have multiple wisp wheels in a check.
And generally new gen jass is easier to do than gui triggering, atleast it is to me, and my experiences.

i guess i can play around with it until i figure a way :/.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:41 am

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
Ok pat, your not giving me enough credit lol. I do know some jass jeeze.

And i know how to make a wisp wheel spin backwords, and make another wisp wheel within another (in gui only tho).

Its just i cant seem to understand why You must have 4 wisps in one wheel and 3 wheels to make twelve. You say it has something to do with the loop. I mean i do sort of understand it, because variables can only be used for one thing at a time and i can see how it would clash.

But i know theirs a much easier way to have multiple wisp wheels in a check.
And generally new gen jass is easier to do than gui triggering, atleast it is to me, and my experiences.

i guess i can play around with it until i figure a way :/.

new gen jass and normal jass is the same
New gen has built in stuff to make it easier then normal jass though, but not easier then normal gui

If you want nomors trigger to work with more then one wheel you need copies of everything for as many wheels as you want
So 2 wheels would need 2 copies of the loop (or 2 copies of the trigger if thats easier for you)
And 2 copies of the variables
That would be the easiest way to make more then 1 wheel, with different settings for each wheel, with nomors trigger

If you cant even get that to work then just use gui
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Ok i understand this alot better now lol!

pat or arun can one of you rewrite the jass as a distancearray, because the trigger wasn't
originally written for a "Distance Array".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Make A Wisp Wheel   How To Make A Wisp Wheel - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To Make A Wisp Wheel
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2