Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Sword Art Online I_vote_lcap26%Sword Art Online I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Sword Art Online I_vote_lcap35%Sword Art Online I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Sword Art Online I_vote_lcap19%Sword Art Online I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Sword Art Online I_vote_lcap0%Sword Art Online I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Sword Art Online I_vote_lcap0%Sword Art Online I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Sword Art Online I_vote_lcap10%Sword Art Online I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Sword Art Online I_vote_lcap10%Sword Art Online I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Sword Art Online

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

Sword Art Online Empty
PostSubject: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:43 pm

is anyone watching sword art online?

Pat1487 wrote:
I had thought about it but decided not to, i probably will at some point in the future
Original post: https://tmmm.forumotion.com/t1245p40-top-10-favorite-anime/#14996

Pat1487 wrote:
I starting watching anime again, i saw sword art online

Sword art online was surprisingly good, i didnt like it at first because it felt like they forced tension with how dieing in the game would cause the person to die in real life, but the show didnt really focus on that so it was much better then i thought
I especially liked the non-twist
It doesnt change my top 10 list though
The series was really poorly paced out, the first 2/3rds of the series takes place over about 2 years, and the last 3rd takes place over 7 days, theres huge times skips during the 2 years, and a ton of stuff crammed into those 7 days, it was the weirdest pacing of any anime ive ever seen
Original post: https://tmmm.forumotion.com/t1245p80-top-10-favorite-anime/#15547

Eat_Bacon_Daily wrote:
Slayer watched Sword thing Online and he said it was very good. (Slayer is afraid to post on the forums because reasons....)
Original post: https://tmmm.forumotion.com/t1245p80-top-10-favorite-anime/#15549

Pat1487 wrote:
The story in sword art online is good, overall i liked the series, i just think it would better if they split the series into 2 seasons, have the part where they play sword art online in 1 season and the part where they play ALO in a 2nd season, then the first season wouldnt have tons of time skips, and the 2nd season wouldnt be crammed full of stuff
My 1 major complaint about sword art online, from a story perspective, is

Spoiler:

And there will probably be a 2nd season of it, since the anime is only about half of the manga, so i dont see why they didnt split it up more
Original post: https://tmmm.forumotion.com/t1245p80-top-10-favorite-anime/#15550

Serenity09 wrote:
i love stories about digital worlds and their exploits. i think its really interesting how people are kinda just becoming done with this world and seeking refuge in other places where they get to be the hero. then add an element of fiction and suddenly you have earth 2.0.
so basically what i'm saying is, yeah i'm torrenting sword art online now.

also, for those who like meta worlds, i would recommend a book called "Ready Player One." its a book about a dystopian future that paints a kinda scary picture about a culture that's really into a game. the game is a semi-real life simulation of millions of different worlds. the game's creator has hidden an easter-egg into the game and its inhabitants have been racing for 5 years to find it.
the book has a good premise and starts out strong but loses momentum by not handling the repetition of its elements well. it goes from being a good book to a really fun book, but still worth reading if that's what you want
Original post: https://tmmm.forumotion.com/t1245p80-top-10-favorite-anime/#15551

Pat1487 wrote:
Im surprised you didnt already see it, hlw mentioned it a while ago, back in november
Since you like .hack i figured you wouldve watched it back then
But yeah, its a lot like .hack, youll see what i was talking about with the tension thing

Also theres an anime that takes place over the course of many decades, you see the technology of the world in the anime evolve over the years, and technology gets so advanced that theres a virtual world as real as real life, they actually call real life "1.0" and the new virtual world "2.0"
Im reluctant to recommend it though because that isnt the focus of the anime and has almost nothing to do with the plot of the anime, and the stuff that the anime does focus on is really weird
The only reason i bring it up is because what you said reminded me of it, especially the earth 2.0 part
Original post: https://tmmm.forumotion.com/t1245p80-top-10-favorite-anime/#15552

Last edited by Pat1487 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added in relevant posts from the top 10 anime topic in quotes since that topic is such a mess we couldnt just move them over here normally)
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Sword Art Online Empty
PostSubject: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 2:40 pm

Sword Art Online overall 7.5 / 10 (if i was rating season 1 alone, 8.5 / 10)
Sword Art Online (SAO) is a Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), released in 2022. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.
On November 6, 2022, the players log in for the first time, and later discover that they are unable to log out. They are then informed by Akihiko Kayaba, SAO's creator, that if they wish to be free, they must reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if their avatars die in-game, their bodies will also die in the real world.
Spoiler:
Original post: https://tmmm.forumotion.com/t1245p100-top-10-favorite-anime#16338
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Sword Art Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 2:42 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
Serenity09 wrote:
Sword Art Online overall 7.5 / 10 (if i was rating season 1 alone, 8.5 / 10)
Sword Art Online (SAO) is a Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), released in 2022. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.
On November 6, 2022, the players log in for the first time, and later discover that they are unable to log out. They are then informed by Akihiko Kayaba, SAO's creator, that if they wish to be free, they must reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if their avatars die in-game, their bodies will also die in the real world.
Spoiler:

SAO only had 1 season, its just that it feels like 2 seasons since it changes mid way through
I thought i made a post on this already, but i think it wouldve been better if each part had its own season
Like if the first half had 25 episodes so the pacing wasnt so jumpy and if the 2nd half had its own 13 episode season (since it takes place of too short of a time span to have 25 episodes)

I also liked this anime, mainly just the first half, the 2nd half felt too contrived and i didnt really like it, and i hated what they did with asuna during that part
I only have 1 major complaint about the first half
Spoiler:

There should be a second season coming out theres 2 more games in the manga
Original post: https://tmmm.forumotion.com/t1245p120-top-10-favorite-anime#16370
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Sword Art Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 3:02 pm

As pat guessed, SAO will be getting a 2nd season. it'll start airing in July

SAO (novel) is halfway through it's fourth arc. season 1 covered the first two arcs.
I haven't read the books so I don't know how this season will be. i'm hoping it will be like the first half of season 1

I do know a few things about the basic premise:
The new game is gun focused, but good ol kirito keeps it real with swords
Asuna is a secondary character this time around

is anyone going to try it?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Sword Art Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:31 pm

Im guessing that season 2 will focus on the gun game arc and not touch on the 4th game in the 4th arc since its not done yet
At least thats what i hope they do so that the pacing isnt like it was in season 1

And i cant believe the 4th arc is still going, it was going 2 years ago when the first season came out, its also where the idea for accel world came from so you would think it would be over by now
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Sword Art Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Season 2 has begun and is 2 episodes in already

OP:

Just a warning, be prepared for an abrupt start, you may want to turn your sound down a bit

Its not bad so far, the 2nd ep was a bit disappointing to me though as it wasnt focused on what i wanted to see

Kirito's GGO avatar looks like a girl in the OP, it took me a bit to realize that must be him in GGO, i cant actually tell if he picked a female avatar or if its a male avatar with long hair that just looks like a girl, either way it doesnt seem like something kirito would pick for himself

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Sword Art Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 1:56 pm

i thought this season ended up pretty silly but had some good points. i also realized that i forgot the golden rule of anime: dont question anime. you didnt help my decline into seriousness since youre always willing to take my ridiculous arguments and help make them more ridiculous. anyways
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Sword Art Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 2:48 pm

I agree with you here

Spoiler:

Other than that though it was good, theres still 1 more ep left for this season on sunday, its ep 14.5 though so it will probably be a recap or possibly aftermath
Theres also 24 episodes listed, so theres going to be more after that at some point, probably 1-3 months from now, for some reason anime has been doing half seasons this year, where they do half a 24 ep season, take a couple month break then continue, its really annoying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sword Art Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword Art Online   Sword Art Online I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sword Art Online
Page 1 of 1