Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_lcap26%Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_lcap35%Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_lcap19%Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_lcap0%Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_lcap0%Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_lcap10%Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_lcap10%Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Ach's Starcraft Video Series

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Ach's Starcraft Video Series Empty
PostSubject: Ach's Starcraft Video Series   Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 11:45 pm

So, i had a really good game earlier today, and was all excited to show somebody. But no one was around in the chat, so it motivated me to download some screen capturing and video converting software, and make a youtube video.

This was smooth enough that i think im gonna try to start making these a regular thing, whenever i get a game i think is worth showing.

2 Problems:
-i reduced the quality too much when i converted it, so its a little pixalated. but i thought it was good enough to watch, and not worth re-doing.
-i cut my game volume in half, but it wasnt enough, so you cant hear my voice when theres enough game sounds going on at the same time. next time im'a try cutting it to 15%

HoTS Player Cam Cast: PvT

Let me know what you think of my commentary in the parts where the game sounds didn't drown me out.

Also you should subscribe to my channel <3 <3 <3
Achilles Starcraft

EDIT: Second video, this time i tried doing a live cast

In both cases i need to remember to speak louder. i get accused of being a loud person, so i didn't expect to have to modulate my voice while speaking into a mic.
Back to top Go down
MrJoe223
Recruit
Recruit
MrJoe223

PostSubject: Re: Ach's Starcraft Video Series   Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:43 am

One thing which I think you could improve on is how you commentate. For example, at the beginning of your latest video, you asked your audience what build you should go for. IMO, only do that if you automatically and immediately answer your own question. Stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Ach's Starcraft Video Series   Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 10:51 am

I heard you before you even posted (probably because of daylight savings)
and didn't didn't use rhetorical questions in my next vid  : D
Back to top Go down
MrJoe223
Recruit
Recruit
MrJoe223

PostSubject: Re: Ach's Starcraft Video Series   Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:02 am

I liked that one better. It's still kind of pixelated though, do you have any idea how to fix that?
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Ach's Starcraft Video Series   Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:20 am

it looks fine on my end after i switched it to 1080p/720p
A lot of time youtube takes a long time to finish processing even after uploading, so it'll stay low quality for awhile. but it should'a been up long enough that thats not an issue.
So, not sure why it'd be looking pixelated

EDIT: actually, the quality went down for a bit as i watched. And i only uploaded it a few hours ago. so maybe it takes a bit more than that for youtube to present things in full HD
Its the most recent vid, so i feel like thats the most likely reason

EDIT2:
OH MY GOD. I CAN DO ARCADE SPOTLIGHT VIDEOS.
we're all getting on, playing tron, and im live casting it. woot.
Back to top Go down
MrJoe223
Recruit
Recruit
MrJoe223

PostSubject: Re: Ach's Starcraft Video Series   Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:31 am

Sounds sweet. You should also make a "Devious Cheese" series, where you live cast you doing random cheese. Stuff like a proxy 11/11, floating it into their base; making a base in their base; proxy battlecruiser; interesting stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Ach's Starcraft Video Series   Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:42 am

I really like that idea. i was thinking the same thing
Its great cus we have gold bases in the map pool, so i can do 'float to gold' and do the 'mega rax'

Im also going to try to figure out a schedule for videos in the next few weeks. Since thats one of the tips i've read about having a youtube channel.
Im thinking something like monday - friday, 2 videos a day by 5pm, or something.

EDIT: Also, if people send me replays of their games, or pro games, i can cast them  : D
Im not planning to seek out pro games yet, cus sooo many people already cast those.

EDIT2: OH MY GOD. if we do clan tournaments i can cast our games!!!!
Back to top Go down
MrJoe223
Recruit
Recruit
MrJoe223

PostSubject: Re: Ach's Starcraft Video Series   Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:52 am

That'd be sweet Very Happy.

When I get bored of Banished and HL2, I'll send you some replays.

Or maybe I'll find some in my recent folder
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Ach's Starcraft Video Series   Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Your audio was better (still a tiny bit low overall but not too bad, and game sounds could be a bit higher now) in that last one, but the video quality was the worst one of them all, it got worse as it went, it doesnt seem like a youtube thing either
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Ach's Starcraft Video Series   Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 6:39 pm

idk whats up with that.
i didn't touch the video quality at all, i just used the 'upload to youtube' feature.
I still have the file i uploaded, and the quality is fine there, so something happened while youtube and screen flow were talking to eachother.

i uploaded another vid. it'll be a little bit till its finished processing, but hopefully the quality is good on that one
----

Its the same problem with the most recent uplaod, it starts out good quality, but then gets pixelated after a few minutes. Im gonna try saving/exporting them first, before uploading them, and see how that goes.

---
So for some reason it seems if i upload directly from screen flow it glitches out the quality. i exported a video, encoded it with handbreak, uploaded it, and it was fine. Handbreak's default quality setting is aparently 480p though, so the vid was locked at 480p the whole time, but it didn't degrade over time like the last vid did, and 480p is a lot better than whatever that thing was.
Im uploading a vid with 720 or 1080p now, so we'll see if it works as well as it did with 480p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ach's Starcraft Video Series   Ach's Starcraft Video Series I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ach's Starcraft Video Series
Page 1 of 1