Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_lcap26%Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_lcap35%Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_lcap19%Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_lcap0%Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_lcap0%Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_lcap10%Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_lcap10%Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Patch 2.1 and clan logo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Patch 2.1 and clan logo Empty
PostSubject: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 7:03 pm

So patch 2.1 came out, and we can have a clan logo that is displayed on the main building
It has to be 256x256 and cant be a gif, so if you want to make one post it here, ill probably make 1 or 2 at some point
It doesnt have to have any kind of theme, as long as it looks cool
I dont know if you can use transparency, it supports png so transparency should be possible, hopefully you can, cause you could make some cool shapes, otherwise it will just be a square
Ill have to do some tests

Most of the game is 100% free now, you can play everything except the campaign and matchmaking
And if you play with me ach seren or bacon you have access to 2v2 3v3 4v4 and ffa matchmaking (including all the races)
So the only thing you cant play for free is the campaign and 1v1 matchmaking (you can play ladder maps without the matchmaking though)

Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:19 am

And no FFA's. how could you forget about ffa's. the core of sc2.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:57 am

that's cool -- let us know what you find out and if they allow transparency i'll make one too

also if anyone wants to try sc2 with a full account let me know and ill let you borrow my account... probably
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:03 pm

You can use transparency but its not 100% transparent, so parts that should be invisible are more like 70% visible

I used this image as a test:
Patch 2.1 and clan logo PDMfH3x
Where everything except the TMMM and the blue should be invisible (i made as much transparent space as i could so it was easier to see the effect in game), but in game its like the TMMM is on a semi transparent hologram, which is a cool effect and could be useful, but i was hoping you could use it to make different shapes since it only supports square images

I was going to take a screenshot of it in game to show you what it looks like, but i cant upload images now for some reason, says that the feature is temporarily unavailable
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:22 pm

that's so weird. any idea why they limit transparency?
what color does the transparent areas show up as?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 6:12 pm

Here its working now, heres a screen shot:
Patch 2.1 and clan logo 0TWBE4W
You can see how its clear where it should be 100% transparent, its like its 70% transparent instead
Not sure why they would limit transparency but it is disappointing
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 9:04 am

oh that's kinda weird. its like a popup, i kinda figured it would be plastered on the actual building. you know, like a logo...

i guess it can still be cool. does your opponent see it too?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:13 am

Yeah everyone in the game sees it on any main building you make
It used to be where the little decals are (in my screenshot its the red dark templars on the ground around the nexus) but people on the PTR put stuff like a pics of a burrowed widow mines there, to make it look there were widow mines around when there werent, so they changed it to that, it also rotates

Also i think i forgot to undo the change i made, so the TMMM thing might still be the logo in game, i havent played in a long time
It should be fine though, ach is the only one that plays and i think he has the ability to change it himself if he cares
Ill have to check when i get home
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:46 am

Quote :
It used to be where the little decals are (in my screenshot its the red dark templars on the ground around the nexus) but people on the PTR put stuff like a pics of a burrowed widow mines there, to make it look there were widow mines around when there werent, so they changed it to that, it also rotates
this is why we can't have nice things

Quote :
Also i think i forgot to undo the change i made, so the TMMM thing might still be the logo in game, i havent played in a long time
It should be fine though, ach is the only one that plays and i think he has the ability to change it himself if he cares
Ill have to check when i get home
the new, and more amusing, form of shammy abuse
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:01 pm

I havnt played for a bit.
But the ones that look best are the ones that fill the whole space and get cropped by the edges. It'd be nice if there was full transparency, since it'd give more diversity in what you could make.
But right now the only ones that look nice are the ones that meld well with the edges.
It also seems like its not always contained by a hexagon, but its sometimes a square and maybe some other shapes. which is just weird.
But maybe im hallucinating and not paying very close attention to my town halls.
Back to top Go down
MrJoe223
Recruit
Recruit
MrJoe223

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:57 am

Is this still a thing? I haven't seen the logo on my bases when I play, but I don't know how it's supposed to work. Does it only appear in a replay?
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:33 am

pat must have disabled it. It was showing up for a week or two. but i havn't seen it either for awhile.

I think we need a different logo if we're gonna keep it enabled.
the ones that looked best are the ones that get cropped when you put them in since there's no way to make transparency look nice.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 3:46 pm

That TMMM thing was just a test of transparency, the only reason it was around for a week or 2 was because i forgot to take it away after i tested and didnt play again for like a week or 2, it was never intended to be a real logo

I didnt make any real ones though, i actually forgot about it, but if you guys want to make one post it here, it has to be 256x256 or smaller

Last edited by Pat1487 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 4:29 pm

wheres amaz when we need him
Back to top Go down
MrJoe223
Recruit
Recruit
MrJoe223

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 8:28 am

I'm pretty sure I've seen somebody with this as their clan logo:
Patch 2.1 and clan logo Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ45OyPcTVBq4ro-QIm9BrJcei8VaXv9RHr9xCncG5eJyFf1Qj
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 9:19 am

that's fabulous can we do that?
Back to top Go down
MrJoe223
Recruit
Recruit
MrJoe223

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Any updates on this?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 3:18 pm

Its up to ach what he wants to do with it, since he plays more and will have to look at it all the time and has the power to set the icon
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 4:34 pm

i have no drive for a clan logo. If it was centered on something for the clan involving the logo or whatever then i'd be happy to add it. preferably with a not-distracting color scheme

im not sure about the ones that are posted on the ground. which i kinda like more.
But if its the one that floats, it needs to be sized so it looks nice when its cropped with that hexagon/octagon. i dont like the semi-transparent sheen it forces you to use if the image is smaller. i wish it let it be fully transparent
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:10 am

This is not a suggestion, but i was jsut wondering if the ballerina optical illusion would work, because the icon is spinning.
Patch 2.1 and clan logo 9k=
Back to top Go down
MrJoe223
Recruit
Recruit
MrJoe223

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 4:19 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
This is not a suggestion, but i was jsut wondering if the ballerina optical illusion would work, because the icon is spinning.
Patch 2.1 and clan logo 9k=

I don't think the icon is compatible with gifs.

I'm not sure, though. That's actually an interesting point. Does spinning the picture itself create the same effect?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Its not compatible with gifs but he definitely meant to use that pic as the logo and see if the natural spinning of it would cause the illusion to happen

Im pretty sure it wont, since it rotates too slowly
Also you can see the edges of it rotate, so even if it was faster being able to see the edges rotate probably ruins the illusion
But i still think its worth testing at some point
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patch 2.1 and clan logo   Patch 2.1 and clan logo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patch 2.1 and clan logo
Page 1 of 1