Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%whoaaa... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

whoaaa...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

whoaaa... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:26 am

serenity09 wrote:
im also too competitive to enjoy using a controller when everyone else has a mouse
If they like using the mouse more then wouldnt your competitiveness aprove of them using the best option for them? or do you feel it gives them an unfair advantage? in which case get a mouse, lazyface.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
this was about 85% of my preference for console gaming and im really pissed that its becoming a thing of the past. if a game supports multiplayer at all, its not even that much harder to add split screen. it's more fun than the LAN equivalent of the same game on pc's just from all using the same screen.
my last 15% is i like controllers better than the mouse but im also too competitive to enjoy using a controller when everyone else has a mouse. but thats unrelated.
Its easy to add split screen, but the hardware probably cant run it since it has to render everything each player is looking at

And yeah, using a controller in a multiplayer game on pc for FPS is a handicap compared to mouse, i still dont understand why you prefer controller for FPS though
I get why youd want it for racing or platforming, i like controllers for those types of games too, but a controller for FPS just feels wrong to me

Serenity09 wrote:
my ssd just broke. i hope yours does too
why not do a ssd + hdd combo? could even do something like ssd + the safe raid if youre worried about it failing again
I dont really want hdds anymore, they break to easily and are too slow
Raid 0 is the only way to get decent speed out of hdd, raid 1 gives you the safety but not the extra speed, and the speed is more important to me

Ssd is way better, maybe a hybrid drive is a good idea, i didnt really consider it, but id rather just get ssd
Ill probably get a 256gb ssd (unless prices drop, in which case ill get 512gb) and a 1tb hdd, but only use the hdd for shows/movies/small applications that dont really require speed

Ive also decided to hold off on getting a new pc for awhile, i can work around the hdd prob that my computer is having and my comp can still run modern games at reasonable speeds (i was able to complete batman arkham origins without any probs, and on high ish settings)
Although thats probably not the best game to use as a benchmark for next gen games
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

whoaaa... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 12:36 pm

pat wrote:
Its easy to add split screen, but the hardware probably cant run it since it has to render everything each player is looking at

And yeah, using a controller in a multiplayer game on pc for FPS is a handicap compared to mouse, i still dont understand why you prefer controller for FPS though
I get why youd want it for racing or platforming, i like controllers for those types of games too, but a controller for FPS just feels wrong to me
oh i didn't even think of that. and at this point, people just have their noses way too high up in the air to consider same screen play that shares a playable area. they weren't good games, but i still miss those shitty split screen dnd type rpg's

i like it because its a much more intuitive mapping, for me, between thinking about what to do next and outputting it to the game. Thumb movement corresponds directly to moving and turning. the amount ive played pc games recently has minified the difference a lot but i still prefer controllers
1 stick that has omni directions is simpler than 4 arrow keys while still capturing enough control for it to be fun.
im guessing by this time next year ill have almost no preference
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
i like it because its a much more intuitive mapping, for me, between thinking about what to do next and outputting it to the game. Thumb movement corresponds directly to moving and turning. the amount ive played pc games recently has minified the difference a lot but i still prefer controllers
1 stick that has omni directions is simpler than 4 arrow keys while still capturing enough control for it to be fun.
im guessing by this time next year ill have almost no preference
I actually do like using analog sticks for movement since you can move in more directions, its the looking around part that i hate using an analog stick for, mouse just makes more sense
Using your thumbs for both has never really been a benefit to me, but i used a mouse and keyboard before i used analog sticks so thats probably the reason behind my bias

They should make like half a controller, for your left hand, that has 1 analog stick on it and 4 buttons (the analog stick pushes in for 1 button, the other 3 are for your index, middle, and ring finger)
Then you can use that in your left hand for walking and use the mouse for looking around, you would have 9 buttons in total to map stuff to (left click, right click, middle click, and at least 2 extra buttons that every gamer should have on their mouse)
9 buttons should be enough for most games (except for rts, but you wouldnt use that type of controller for rts)

That would be perfect for me
In fact they probably do make this because it makes so much sense
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

whoaaa... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 1:34 pm

pat wrote:
They should make like half a controller, for your left hand, that has 1 analog stick on it and 4 buttons (the analog stick pushes in for 1 button, the other 3 are for your index, middle, and ring finger)
Then you can use that in your left hand for walking and use the mouse for looking around, you would have 9 buttons in total to map stuff to (left click, right click, middle click, and at least 2 extra buttons that every gamer should have on their mouse)
9 buttons should be enough for most games (except for rts, but you wouldnt use that type of controller for rts)

That would be perfect for me
In fact they probably do make this because it makes so much sense
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver

also
pat wrote:
i dont know why but this is the first time its really hit me that you are married. like a married man. i knew you before you were married and now i know you after. weird. you havent really changed at all but like you are now innately married when before you werent.
im actually still having trouble with this. 100% married. huh.
do you ever forget for a second and then see the ring and then youre just like "oh yeah, im married" or is it just kinda a part of who you are at this point?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Serenity09 wrote:

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver
Oh, thats even better then what i was thinking

Serenity09 wrote:
i dont know why but this is the first time its really hit me that you are married. like a married man. i knew you before you were married and now i know you after. weird. you havent really changed at all but like you are now innately married when before you werent.
im actually still having trouble with this. 100% married. huh.
do you ever forget for a second and then see the ring and then youre just like "oh yeah, im married" or is it just kinda a part of who you are at this point?
It was weird for me too at first but i got used to it, i used to forget often
I still dislike being called a husband, using the word wife and using the word married though, it makes me feel old
Whenever anyone says "Is she your girlfriend" or anything similar to that im always like "oh god i have say that i have a wife/am married out loud" before i tell them that shes my wife
Even typing it here like this makes me feel old
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

whoaaa... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 2:27 pm

pat1487 wrote:
I think 'decrepit' or 'wizened' would be more accurate.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

whoaaa... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:26 pm

pat wrote:
It was weird for me too at first but i got used to it, i used to forget often
I still dislike being called a husband, using the word wife and using the word married though, it makes me feel old
Whenever anyone says "Is she your girlfriend" or anything similar to that im always like "oh god i have say that i have a wife/am married out loud" before i tell them that shes my wife
rofl and you're a guy. does she do the same mental prep thing?
its scary pat, we're adults now with bills and commitments. *shudder*
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:47 am

She doesnt think of it like i do so it doesnt bother her
When i think of marriage i picture a 40 year old couple with kids so thats why i think of it as being old
Back to top Go down
Prov
Recruit
Recruit
Prov

whoaaa... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:30 am

Wait wait wait. One of you nerds is married? Jfc you damn dinosaur.

I wanna play some games, go get your kids, pops.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

whoaaa... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:40 am

i sense that pat is not coming back to this conversation
<3 pat, sorry
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

whoaaa... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 3:36 pm

I regret nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

whoaaa... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whoaaa...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: Other Games-
Jump to: