Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
whoaaa... I_vote_lcap26%whoaaa... I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
whoaaa... I_vote_lcap35%whoaaa... I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
whoaaa... I_vote_lcap19%whoaaa... I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
whoaaa... I_vote_lcap0%whoaaa... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
whoaaa... I_vote_lcap0%whoaaa... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
whoaaa... I_vote_lcap10%whoaaa... I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
whoaaa... I_vote_lcap10%whoaaa... I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

whoaaa...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Serenity09
Serenity09

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:06 pm

whoaaa... XEaRFXq
oh god xbox... why. even being a huge fanboy i really do think they  @#!*%  up big on this one. unless this gets a huge rework i wont be getting one

anyone have any thoughts on the new gen of platforms?

Last edited by Serenity09 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:42 pm

PS4 will win this generation

$100 less then the xbox, no authentication or dumb game trade system, and about %50 more powerful from the specs (theoretically)
I really dont see a reason to get xbox one instead of PS4, unless your the kind of person who will buy a console for like 1 or 2 exclusive games

Microsoft really failed hard on this one, completely the opposite of the last time with 360 and ps3, where sony failed hard with the ps3

Im going to stick with PC, but if i do buy a next gen console it would be the ps4

Im more interested in the games then i am in the consoles though
There are a couple games that i want to play that arent coming or might not come to PC

The only ones i personally want are

Quantum Break, which definitely isnt coming to PC, maybe like 2 years after its xbox one release like with other game that Remedy makes but thats a tv tie in thing so it might not get ported later, we havent actually seen anything from this game but it looks ineresting

The Division, which looks amazing, it seems to use the same engine as Watch Dogs so that might get a PC release, they havent denied a PC release yet as far as i know, of the games i want on PC, i want this one the most

Project Spark, which looks like it will get a PC release but will be for windows 8 only, which would suck

Destiny, which is rumored to have a PC release
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:10 am

Microsoft effed up
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:29 pm

$500 is just ridiculous for a crappy PS4.

Last edited by Achilles.42 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:09 pm

PC works with all current controllers ach, i dont know what your talking about (idk about mac but im sure theres a way)
You can plug a PS3 controller or a 360 controller right into your usb port and they will work for most games without any extra effort
For wireless controllers you need something else though
You can even use a wii controller with a bluetooth dongle

For games that dont support controllers you can use something like Xpadder or glovepie (only for pc but theres probably a mac equivalent) to map the controller input to keyboard keys

And old consoles came with adapters for those old TVs so that they would work on as many TVs as possible
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Pat, idk where this all came from. but please dont put words in my mouth
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:24 am

i just went through e3 and some of the new games look stunning. they are the only possible reason ill get a 4th gen. i was a bit surprised by how not shitty TeS mmo looks. it was a theatrical trailer, so hard to tell, but it didnt appear to have the WoW system of combat.
im absolutely determined to get the division.

back to the consoles though... what is the deal on supporting the 4k resolution format? moreover, what is the deal on xbox highlighting that it does? it just seems so excessive for the next few years that it can't really be a highlight. forget that these consoles are going to be the only thing that streams 4k for awhile, the tv's themselves cost around 5k ($5,000)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b4qMBKEN88
this is a vid in 4k. obviously you won't get the full effect bc whatever youre watching it from doesnt have that high a resolution. go to video quality and change it to "Original"
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:34 pm

I think both consoles can do 4k video, but not 4k gaming

These consoles will be around for at least the next 7 years, maybe even 10 years and by that time 4k will be affordable (maybe it will even replace 1080p as the new standard)
So its good that they can do it (though not being able to do 4k gaming sucks, because that will definitely be a thing in the next 7 or so years)
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:59 am

http://www.neowin.net/news/anonymous-xbox-engineer-explains-drm-and-microsofts-xbox-one-intentions
its unverified if its actually a xbox rep, but this seems to give a plausible explanation. obviously it really comes down to whether or not its true but it does provide an alternative explanation to microsoft just became flat out retarded

and really pat, 7-10 years? how long has the 360 been out? omg i just googled it and its been out for 8yrs... gah...
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 4:20 am

I figured they wanted to be like steam
The thing about steam though is that it has really deep discounts on a daily basis, and huge sales like 2-4 times a year because they know you cant resell anything you buy

I doubt microsoft will do the same kind of thing (judging from how they nickle and dime you for everything [cant even play uno online without gold sub, wtf]) and without those sales/discounts there wont be any way to get games for cheaper which is the main reason people dont want this DRM

If steam stopped doing those sales PC gamers would be as annoyed as console gamers are right now at this whole thing
And if microsoft did do the deep discount/sale thing then it would be fine

On a side note, i really hate how sony decided to charge for multiplayer like the way microsoft has been
Its a way better deal then xbox live (since you get games and its cheaper, and you dont need it for netflix and other such 3rd party things), but still, multiplayer functionality should be free once you buy the game

The main reason its not is because they host all the servers (like an MMO) rather then allowing people to run there own servers (some games use Peer to peer and you still have to pay to play those, i would be fine with it if peer to peer multiplayer didnt need a sub)

It also means that free to play games (like warframe for example, since thats going to be on PS4 now im assuming they want to have f2p games) arent really free to play
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:55 pm

its going to especially tricky now; they have such an incredibly bad first impression that they might not even get the subscriber base they need to support those discounts, even if they were going to live up to steam
its an interesting model, i hope they get to at least try it out

god i miss free multiplayer though. its one of my favorite parts of wc3 and sc2. free multiplayer just makes for a much more relaxed environment -- things just get too serious for me otherwise.
my favorite example of this is WoW. my brother used to play but in a casual way like i do and id watch sometimes. all the people he'd play with would get really into it (which is cool, just not our thing) but some to a whole different point. one of his friends started dating another of his friends. they'd go on romantic trips and hikes to different parts of WoW. he told me and we were both like "huh, okay whatever works" but i thought it was really funny / interesting so i would watch for it whenever i watched. it started getting really dramatic and theyd have these incredibly public fights in general chat a lot. it all came to a head when he found her on a date with a troll. she tried to deny it but she was wearing her date armor. was a goddamn masterpiece
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:33 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
its going to especially tricky now; they have such an incredibly bad first impression that they might not even get the subscriber base they need to support those discounts, even if they were going to live up to steam
its an interesting model, i hope they get to at least try it out
Yeah, at this point the only way they could get people on board with it is to have those sales, all they would have to do is say "We made this system with the intention to have huge sales like steam does" or something similar (maybe without mentioning steam) and it would win a lot of people over

The fact that they havent said that means they probably wont have sales since if they did say that it would fix most of their PR problems (theres still the whole mandatory kinect thing which is just silly)
Either that or they didnt think of saying it, which i doubt would be the case

Serenity09 wrote:
my favorite example of this is WoW. my brother used to play but in a casual way like i do and id watch sometimes. all the people he'd play with would get really into it (which is cool, just not our thing) but some to a whole different point. one of his friends started dating another of his friends. they'd go on romantic trips and hikes to different parts of WoW. he told me and we were both like "huh, okay whatever works" but i thought it was really funny / interesting so i would watch for it whenever i watched. it started getting really dramatic and theyd have these incredibly public fights in general chat a lot. it all came to a head when he found her on a date with a troll. she tried to deny it but she was wearing her date armor. was a goddamn masterpiece

Lol
This reminds me of when i played Dark Age of Camelot, i played on a roleplay server, so people would roleplay relationships
There was a wedding in camelot, i was passing through while questing and when i saw it i stopped and went over there to watch
There were about 25 people there in total, most from the same guild
The groom was saying his vows when i got there, but when the bride was giving hers someone came up and said something like "WTF IS THIS" (he was in the same guild as the groom/bride and most of the other people)
A big argument started, the guy that came up was saying stuff like "how could you do this" and "i love you" to the bride, and talking shit to the groom
The groom was angry too that his fiance cheated on him but that he still loved the bride, stuff like that

Eventually, after like 10 mins of arguing, it was suggested that they duel and the winner would get the bride
The groom agreed to this, but the guy that came up was like "no, we cant use an in game duel to decide true love"
So the groom was like "ooc- " (ooc means out of character) "are you being serious"
And the guy asked what ooc means
Someone else explained that they were just roleplaying and the guy was relieved that the wedding didnt mean anything
But then the bride said "i was roleplaying with you too"
The guy said "but we really had something there"
And the bride said "im not even really a girl dude" (exactly like that)
The guy logs off a few seconds after that without saying anything
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 7:25 pm

O_O
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:43 pm

So I guess the became the e3 2013 post?

Well I skipped over pat and serens long post, I'll read them after I post this. I thought I would post some of the things that really peaked my interest.

Destiny

I know I'm going to lose a lot of gaming creed but I haven't played a halo game before. So I'm really excited to play a Bungie game. I watched the gameplay trailer from the sony conference, and it was good, don't get me wrong but it wasn't what I expected. This however got me more excited, even though it's almost the same thing. Something about it just gets me excited. 

Star Wars: Battlefront 3 

After Disney shut down Lucas Arts I thing every man on this planet shed a single manly tear. We later learnt that EA bought it. Now we learn this, and O my God this is awesome. Nothing yet but I'm super excited. 

SSB4

Need I say more?

Edit: After reading what seren and pat said, I need an adult.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 12:38 am

Halo is pretty overrated, i remember when halo 1 came out i was playing tribes 2 and people i knew who werent really pc gamers were hyping halo up so much then i played it and thought of it as a crappy version of tribes 2 until we played co-op story which wasnt bad for the time
By todays standards the halo games really arent that special

Destiny looks good though

Battlefront 3 looks good, im hoping they dont make it too much like the battlefield games
I figured EA would pick up the starwars license since they have swtor

SSB4 looks good but im not buying a wii u, unless it drops to like $99 or less (which wont happen any time soon), mainly becaus SSB4 would be the only game i would play on it (and super mario galaxy if they make another of those)

And why didnt you include the division in your post
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:18 pm

What's the division? 

Beyond: Two Souls

This isn't a newly announced game but it looks sweet. It's made by Quantic Dream, the makers of Heavy Rain, which was an awesome game.

There's also the new Donkey Kong Country, Mario Kart 8, Pokemon X/Y, Super Mario 3D World, Metal Gear Solid V, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Wind Waker HD, Infamous: Second Son, Project Spark look really neat. I'm not to sure about The Order, I'll wait for gameplay to make decision. Same thing with Quantum Break.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 2:25 pm

marksoccer wrote:
What's the division?
I made a post about it awhile ago:
https://tmmm.forumotion.com/t1342-the-division
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:05 pm

'Beyond' seems like splinter cell in the daytime with better lighting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiQuBuxytKw
and girlpower. So if buffy vs angel taught us anything, 'splinter cell' wil be way better.

Jk, no one likes angel more than Buffy.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:19 pm

The division looks awesome, I can't believe I overlooked it.

And ach, was that a Buffy the vampire slayer reference? Here I thought I was the only person that liked that show.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:15 pm

aint nobody who changes the perfect names of my posts
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:28 pm

I changed it cause we arent going to know what this was in like a year, or probably even in 6 months when the new consoles are out
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 2:52 am

Serenity09 wrote:
aint nobody who changes the perfect names of my posts
This is probably the same mentality that got the xbox one's add campaign theme to stick long enough to get that picture you posted.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:21 pm

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
Now if only they would get rid of the kinect requirement so that they could sell it at $400, then it might be a close race between PS4 and XBone

http://www.mmobomb.com/news/playstation-plus-not-required-for-f2p-games-on-ps4/
So forget everything i said about F2P games for PS4 not being F2P
They can actually be as F2P as they are on PC depending on what the dev/publisher wants to do (they would be stupid to require PS+ so i think just about all F2P games for PS4 will really be F2P)
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 2:16 pm

marksoccer wrote:
Beyond: Two Souls

This isn't a newly announced game but it looks sweet. It's made by Quantic Dream, the makers of Heavy Rain, which was an awesome game..
I didnt like heavy rain, it wasnt really a game imo
However i really enjoyed beyond two souls
It did a much better job at being a game then heavy rain did, even though it was still more like an interactive movie, i also like the fact that you werent jumping between characters like you were in heavy rain, i hate playing as multiple characters unless theres an in game/story explanation as to why its possible to control multiple characters

Also i played the ps4 at a friends place, we were mostly playing battlefield 4, and when i say "we were playing" i mean we were taking turns playing it because theres no split screen multiplayer
Split screen multiplayer is like the 1 thing consoles have going for them over PC and its not even being used anymore, need for speed and killzone dont have it either

BF4 is definitely better on pc, there were a lot of frame drops on the ps4 at times, more then you would expect from new hardware
It also crashed on us once, we stopped playing it after it crashed and started playing need for speed which was pretty good, but that just came out on pc too

The ps4 has no launch exclusives, theres knack which i wanted to play but it got bad reviews, killzone which i played shortly and wasnt really impressed with, and resogun which i do like but its not really a next gen game, not even sure why its a ps4 exclusive
The xbone seems like it has a better game selection on launch then ps4 does, still though ps4 seems like the better long term purchase since it is more powerful

Personally ill just buy a new pc once ssd prices are lower
Next gen games seem to be at least 20gb each so a 128gb ssd isnt going to cut it, hopefully 512gb ones drop to at least $150 within 6 months (they probably wont)
Maybe ill get 1 of the new consoles a year from now depending on if games like destiny arent coming to pc
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:18 am

so when i first clicked this and started reading your post i had no idea what the thread was about.
and then i went to make a post to complain about its name
and then i read up
pat wrote:
I changed it cause we arent going to know what this was in like a year, or probably even in 6 months when the new consoles are out
after i had changed the name back to "whoaaa..."

touche pat

pat wrote:
Also i played the ps4 at a friends place, we were mostly playing battlefield 4, and when i say "we were playing" i mean we were taking turns playing it because theres no split screen multiplayer
Split screen multiplayer is like the 1 thing consoles have going for them over PC and its not even being used anymore, need for speed and killzone dont have it either
this was about 85% of my preference for console gaming and im really pissed that its becoming a thing of the past. if a game supports multiplayer at all, its not even that much harder to add split screen. it's more fun than the LAN equivalent of the same game on pc's just from all using the same screen.
my last 15% is i like controllers better than the mouse but im also too competitive to enjoy using a controller when everyone else has a mouse. but thats unrelated.

pat wrote:
The ps4 has no launch exclusives, theres knack which i wanted to play but it got bad reviews, killzone which i played shortly and wasnt really impressed with, and resogun which i do like but its not really a next gen game, not even sure why its a ps4 exclusive
i wonder if they released before "The Division" for a reason. im hoping its going to live up to its anticipation rather than flop as hard as Brink did
jk division is for all platforms (except mac bc fuck mac)

pat wrote:
Personally ill just buy a new pc once ssd prices are lower
Next gen games seem to be at least 20gb each so a 128gb ssd isnt going to cut it, hopefully 512gb ones drop to at least $150 within 6 months (they probably wont)
my ssd just broke. i hope yours does too
why not do a ssd + hdd combo? could even do something like ssd + the safe raid if youre worried about it failing again

pat wrote:
Maybe ill get 1 of the new consoles a year from now depending on if games like destiny arent coming to pc
that's what im doing too haha[/quote]

Last edited by Serenity09 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

whoaaa... Empty
PostSubject: Re: whoaaa...   whoaaa... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whoaaa...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: Other Games-
Jump to: