Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_lcap26%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_lcap35%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_lcap19%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Serenity09
Serenity09

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 9:55 am

Quote :
The galactic spacefighter patch came out awhile ago, just tried it today
It adds aerial dog fighting into the game in space ships (not the ship you get from your story, a smaller one that presumably is launched from your main one even though thats never mentioned or shown)
That ship has all its own items and abilities separate from your main ship
Its PvP only and you have to queue up for it like the other PvP modes
gahh i wanna try it. is each ship solo or do they have bigger battleships (with multiple seats) like in Star Wars Battlefront space missions?

Quote :
2. The geometry of the maps makes it very very easy to defend, once a team caps a point its probably going to stay that teams point for the rest of the game, theres only like 1 point in 1 map that is open, so whoever caps 2 points first almost always wins
this has always been a problem on most of their maps. on any of the pvp areas that involve defending points, there's usually a landslide victor. im not totally sure why, why is the symmetry the biggest cause on these maps?

Quote :
because at some point i got a new speeder (i cant remember when why or how, it was like 4-5 months ago the last time i played
i fucking made it for you, you unappreciative prick. it cost a lot too.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Serenity09 wrote:

gahh i wanna try it. is each ship solo or do they have bigger battleships (with multiple seats) like in Star Wars Battlefront space missions?
Its solo, that would be cool though

Serenity09 wrote:
this has always been a problem on most of their maps. on any of the pvp areas that involve defending points, there's usually a landslide victor. im not totally sure why, why is the symmetry the biggest cause on these maps?
Its not the symmetry, its the design of the cap points, you can hide in a spot where its really hard to shoot at, and some of the points have choke points and since you can see where people are through walls it makes it really easy to stop people from getting close enough to even try to cap the point

Also once you have a point you can fly around through the stuff thats around the point and as long as you stay withing capture range the other team cant cap it, and you can evade people for an incredibly long time by doing that to get as many points as possible (rather then actually fighting people will just evade for as long as possible)

Serenity09 wrote:
i fucking made it for you, you unappreciative prick. it cost a lot too.
I never got one from you, the one i have is the orlean patriot, its a cash shop one (i looked it up to be sure), i probably saw it on the auction house for really cheap and bought it
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:35 am

Quote :
Its not the symmetry, its the design of the cap points, you can hide in a spot where its really hard to shoot at, and some of the points have choke points and since you can see where people are through walls it makes it really easy to stop people from getting close enough to even try to cap the point
:/ being able to see people coming was a really bad design choice. defenders always have the advantage of numbers, especially because of how the respawn system works. even with the element of surprise, attackers are usually at a disadvantage (also because of the system). why make it even more of a disadvantage

Quote :
I never got one from you, the one i have is the orlean patriot, its a cash shop one (i looked it up to be sure), i probably saw it on the auction house for really cheap and bought it
it was one of the last things i crafted and mailed to you. it must have been returned since you didnt take it. either way, you suck.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:00 pm

patch 2.7 came out a few days ago

2.7 notes:

for the first time in 3-4 patches they changed my character (jedi shadow). they always do huge redesigns on other characters but mine has stayed the same. it was a debuff though, and a pretty bad one, so i wish they left it.
they also added a new flashpoint and operation which is pretty cool of them
there's a few more zones for different pvp modes. huttball got a new one, but it's a pretty good chance that it won't reconcile the pile of shit that is the mode as a whole. starfights got a new zone too. i still want to try this mode, im hoping they fixed some of the issues pat described in the layout of the new zone

patch notes wrote:
After an extensive summit meeting, a council of Dark Side elders has decreed that silent theatrical mediums are no longer considered “inherently not dark” and players with Dark Side alignment can now use “Emote: Mime.”
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 5:16 pm

Most of the changes to my class either dont apply to me or are changes to things that i havent gotten yet
I like the change to enure, although that skill is super dangerous, basically it adds 30% of your max hp to your current hp, but only for a few seconds, if you drop below 30% hp while this is up as soon as it wears off you have 1 hp and will die instantly
I also like Focused Defense, its a skill i havent gotten yet so i dont know what it used to do but i like what it does now

I dont like that force sweep needs a target now, its an aoe that hits everything in an arc in front of you, it shouldnt need a target and not having a target lets you use it quickly

Do you intend to play this soon?
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 5:27 pm

Quote :
I dont like that force sweep needs a target now, its an aoe that hits everything in an arc in front of you, it shouldnt need a target and not having a target lets you use it quickly
that's so obnoxious. i wonder if it was somehow glitching and they couldnt figure out why. it just doesnt make sense otherwise

Quote :
Do you intend to play this soon?
asap. which may be never. tomorrows my 4 month anniversary
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 9:51 pm

patch 2.8 came out
patch notes:
i almost thought about adding the bullet points in for just half a second but no that's crazy
pretty big patch, im especially happy. they basically just all around minorly buffed my class. yay Smile
we're in the middle of one of those bounty mission event weeks. like with the cartel and cascading rewards. it goes until june 17th; i'm starting today and gonna play it through then i think. plus instances unless pat gets on or anyone else wants to play w new characters
there's also going to be a double xp week (full) starting july 22nd that im definitely going to play if anyone wants to join
a lot of the recent content looks like it's been well received by their forums

EDIT: I can't believe i missed this the first time around
and the fucking event the patch is named for
http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/spoils-of-war
basically a gambling / arena matches kinda event with cool prizes
& double xp + rewards for space pvp from now through the end of the month
& then double xp + rewards for warzone pvp for 20 more days

+ some cool operations that might be achievable with great motivation
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 9:00 am

since pats giving this another try, ill finish actually writing a post on some of the recent changes

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/8192014/game-update-2.9-galactic-strongholds-early-access
2.9:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/992014/game-update-2.10-forged-alliances-patch-notes
2.10:

my specific class/talent got a buff so that's cool, but it doesnt effect me until i get the final talent in my tree

2.9 is completely irrelevant for now unless youre a subscriber, which is kinda annoying. its only less annoying since it means patch 3.0 is coming out soon which should make it worth it. theyve promised a teaser before 9/15 and full desc before 10/1. until then im just going to pretend it doesnt exist. but... flagships could be cool...

when i started playing again after getting my computer back it had lowered my graphic settings into the ground
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 A6C8tuT
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 WYMgEqp
awww yea

there's a bounty week running, it started yesterday. i cant remember if you tried this event already pat. i think you have but
Spoiler:
the normal contracts have sucked so far for me. every time it's just me getting my ass handed to me by some dick who yells the same lame insult over and over. ive had one that was kinda funny. a lvl 47 shadow was having the same problem as me so we decided to just team and try it. that mech that scales you up to lvl 50-55 for special events? yeah that only applies in special situations. also. the level of the bounty depends on the party. i ended up just setting off fireworks while they fought and my heal follower buffed him
im hoping it will be more fun w two equally leveled players. the gather info part will be less of a chore and the fight might actually be good/close. most of the reason we should do it though is to try the kingpin component. and some of the rep items look pretty cool and we might as well join some rep faction

theres also a few new things since i last played
in pvp there's a team deathmatch mode. it's a 4v4 best of 3 with one life each. it can actually be really fun. the first match they stealthed up to a cat walk above us pinning us down. i stealthed up and used my nova/knockback thing to push half of em off into the rest of my team. i got stunned before i could get away cleanly so had to split off from everyone else to heal. it was 3v2 us, the two found me while i was circling around and i died in a bloody mess. the rest of my team was close enough that they cornered em and won

theres also a flashpoint for levels 15-50. it's composed of randomly swapped parts which is kinda cool. ive fought 3 of the different bosses and seen 2 of the different side objectives. im not totally sure if anything effects how the quest progresses
the only reward that drops is a special purple item and idk what it does. i think it might be involved in starfighter
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 11:49 am

i forgot to mention the biggest change to PvP. unranked PvP is now literally scrimmages within your own faction. almost all my frustration with PvP before was due to every single coordinated try-hard seeming to be on empire. more specifically, the buff system only worked for relatively similar gear. how good my thing is for my lvl vs how good your thing is for your lvl. end game gear has a reasonable advantage, but fully spec'd gear is just out of your league. apparently its been a fairly consistent problem that fully spec'd empire players like to play unranked random warzones and just stomp everyone
i miss the diversity and interest of having the similar but a bit different characters, but leveling the player pool has made every warzone match so far really fun just because of how even it is

after writing this, i feel like my 4v4 deathmatch might have been against sith. it actually took me a really long time to notice i was fighting jedi, so i probably wouldnt have noticed at all if it went back to sith
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 2:45 pm

I didnt realize bounties only ran for a limited time, every time ive played theyve been going on so i thought they were just a daily thing that always happened, i didnt do mine yesterday because i figured missing a day wouldnt matter since they are always happening

We should do the modular flashpoint that you talked about, it sounds similar to maps from PoE or fractals from gw2, but more random/modular

Also theres im not really a fan of PvP in this, tanks arent good at PvP, especially when crits ignore half your defense, since people base dps on crit a lot i would need a special set of PvP armor that doesnt waste stat points on absorption, also i only have 1 CC breaking ability and it has a long CD, so even if i am an effective tank and am too difficult to kill, they just CC and ignore to kill everyone else so im just stuck standing there watching the fight happen, sometimes i can delay everyone's death with challenging call/taunt/guard, but its rarely good enough

Huttball is the only game where its ok, mainly because dps isnt so important in that and because freezing force/force leap/force push is really good there
Maybe it would be better against own faction players, id be willing to try the 4v4 mode, but id rather just keep playing PvE/flashpoints
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3