Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:27 am

Slayer made a character, hes level 10 i think, a jedi sentinel, he also has a level 10 smuggler
I made another character, a commando, which kind of plays like a shaman class, hes also level 10
It has a heal skill tree so he might work better in a group, his name is Derbert
I like the class and its story but it doesnt feel right to not have a lightsaber in a starwars game

So i dont know if i want to play it as my main
We should do the 2nd flashpoint with guardian, shadow, sentinel and w/e mark is and see how hard it is with no healer and if its too hard i guess ill switch to commando
Unless mark is healer, but slayer brought up a good point about how we probably shouldnt leave that role to mark
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Quote :
his name is Derbert
hahaha i love it. i had to say it out loud a few times in case it was as fun as i thought it would be. it was

oh god mark as a healer
oh
god
no

but yeah i get that lack of lightsaber thing, thats a pretty big downer. and oh thats cool, was sentinel the spec or unspec'd version? i cant really remember the classes haha just that i was a shadow oooOOOooOO
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:07 am

Sentinel is the advanced class of the jedi knight, i almost picked it back when we started but wanted to be more tanky
The sentinel is melee dps, but sustained dps, rather than burst dps
He can also off-tank for short times with some of his jedi knight skills, but hes primarily dps
He has 2 dps trees, 1 is for dots, the other is for straight up lightsaber dps, slayer is picking the lightsaber dps one

I spent $5 for preferred status
I played to level 18 until i got the ship, i finished all the missions on coruscant except the 2 heroic missions that require a group of 4 people
I havent left courscant yet though so ill quest with others if they havent finished it by the time i can play again
I wont be on today or tomorrow, maybe sunday

They changed the way the minor exp boosters awarded from quests work, you can no longer sell them on the auction house and you get more of them
They are soulbound when you acquire them, i tried to sell them anyway and you cant
Which sucks

You can equip items to your companion by hitting C and clicking the companion tab at the bottom of the character window, took me forever to figure that out
If your companion isnt a droid you can equip any armor/accessories to it that it can use, droids require droid armor and parts but non-droids can use heavy, medium or light armor and accessories that you can wear (so you could hand some of your old crap down to your companion)

They changed the way crew skills worked from beta, back then you could have different skills for each companion, but now you only get a maximum of 3 total and all companions share those 3 skills, its really stupid
Probably going to spend some of that $5 on the 3rd crew skill so that i can actually craft properly

Also the space combat is much more difficult then it was in beta, i failed the 2nd mission
And you only get 3 space missions per week for free, even if you fail 1 of them it still counts as using 1 of your missions which is crap, and theres no way to increase the number you can do permanently (without paying $15 a month), only consumables that let you do more for a week (which i hate)

And i realized that there are purple mods, purple items are artifacts, you cant equip artifacts without spending 1200 cartel coins (which would end up making you spend at least $15 to get an amount that will add up to at least that many coins)
Mods are items that go into orange items, so when i was saying "not being able to equip purple items doesnt really matter" i was wrong since orange items can be upgraded much further with purple mods, and in fact, orange items with top tier purple mods installed are the best items you can get in the game

And the price of cash shop speeders in the auction house went up from 5k to 9k credits, not sure if they changed the speeders to be soulbound like they did with exp boosters or if its just that less people are selling speeders on the auction house, hopefully they didnt make speeders soulbound and the prices will go back down to 5-6k cause i didnt buy 1 when i saw it since i figured it would still be the same when i got to level 25, but next time i see it at 5-7k im buying 1 even though i cant actually use it yet, i might even end up buying it at 9k cause im worried the price might just keep going up due to the soulbound thing

And last thing, you can use commendations to buy mods rather then buying items, buying mods with them is a better idea as i was able to upgrade my orange chest armor, lightsaber, and shield (offhand item) to be better than any of those items that i could buy from the commendation equipment vendor (and i had enough commendations left over to buy blue pants since i dont have any other orange items yet and my pants were the only item i could upgrade from there)
Theres an option in the settings menu under user interface that lets you turn on detailed stats, with that option on you can see the stats that all the mods of an orange item give individually which makes it easier to tell what to upgrade
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:10 pm

i was playing today (only for a bit--got up to level 19) im thinking about making a healer. but i went through all the different choices and realized that the only one i would want to be is the sage... sad days.
close second was the commando but it doesnt look like it plays in a way that i enjoy.
then in dead last is the smuggler who is like a short range stealth character who is a bit dps and a bit heal and a bit stealth... so basically the character i have now with a bit of healing thrown into the mix

the sage plays very different than the shadow though (its very first ability increases the range of all force abils by 20 meters) so im debating making one. the big downside is its quests will be exactly the same which would be horribly boring. ideally i would do a dark side version of the sage but i really cant see anyone else wanting to do this with me?

also for those interested but havent played too much,
me and pat haven't really mentioned flashpoints and warzones (we hadnt even done a warzone till yesterday) at all. i think that they are the funnest part of the game (with dialog and lightsaber awesomeness following just behind) and are available in limited amounts to f2p peoples like us. you get unlimited flashpoints (and if youre in a group of friends, nothing about the flashpoint is limited at all) and 5 warzones a week (resetting on monday afternoon -- so yes pat, we've got 5 left again!)
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 4:28 am

Patch 2.0 is out and its earlier than i thought

They didnt change the way cash shop items work so you might still be able to get a speeder from the auction house
The benefit to buying it in the auctio nhouse rather than making it is that you never need to get another speeder again since the auction house one is adaptive and will upgrade with your speeder piloting level where as a built or vendor purchased one wont which means youll end up spending more money for speeders when you get piloting 2 and/or 3
Although the price to unlock the skill speeder piloting 2 is 150k credits and you only get 10% more speed (piloting 3 is 220k credits, for 20% more speed than piloting 1) so im probably not even going to bother with getting piloting 2 or 3 unless i have a surplus of credits which pretty much makes the benefit of an adaptive speeder pointless
Still though 6-7k credits is less then the vendor

And you dont need to change to a healer seren, i get a healer companion at around level 30, and your next companion, which you should be getting soon if you continue your story, is a healer so we can use them as heal bots rather then having someone play the healer, i said in the chat i dont know how well the AI will heal, but you can control what abilities your companion uses manually so it should be fine
The healer droid that came with my ship is good at healing, he sucks because he cant equip a weapon (i looked it up after i tried giving him every possible weapon type and he really just cant equip weapons) and specifically says that he isnt meant for combat (he also has no armor)
So a proper healing companion (not some crappy droid) should be good to stand in for a healer class
Basically it will end up as you as dps, me as tank, and companion(s) as healer(s) which is perfect (and when slayer plays we will have more dps which is even better)

Patch notes: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/2.0-rothc/rise-hutt-cartel-and-scum-and-villainy

Theres a new planet and new level cap, but you have to spend $20 to get the expansion, i may get it if i still want to keep playing after im level 50 so it will be awhile before i even think about getting it
All the content before level 50 (and up to level 50) is the same if you have the expansion or not so theres no reason to get the expansion until you have a level 50 character

They completely changed the way commendations work
Instead of having planet specific commendations you now get planetary commendations which you can use on any planet, so those worthless tython commendations will actually be useful now, however theres a cap of 50 of them at any one time but theres no cap of how many you can get per week so as long as they dont have items that cost 48-50 commendations it shouldnt be a problem as long as you spend them before getting close to 50
They also changed commendations for other things, making the system better (the old system was a mess that i was only starting to understand, which is why i said "other things" instead of saying what was taken out), warzone commendations are the same but now you can exchange 40 warzone commendations for 1 planetary commendation, im pretty sure its not worth it but i did get about 500 warzone commendations while playing with seren yesterday, if there wasnt a limit on the number of warzones you could do per week it might be worth it, but with the limit of 5 per week i dont think its worth it to trade 40 of them for a single planetary one

Players in a guild get 5% more exp now, so we should make 1
We need 5 people total though, even if mark actually got on we would still be 1 person short, so making 1 might be a problem

The skill trees have been changed and all points were refunded, for me personally that sucks because they changed the way my lightsaber form works, so i no longer get focus (focus is like rage, or mana that builds from fighting) from being hit, but it still reduces the amount of focus i gain per attack, they made the ability to gain focus on hit as a separate skill in the tree which means im now 1 point short of my original plan (also that skill may be in a different tree so i might have to completely replan my character or not even take that skill which would really suck because i was already having trouble getting enough focus to use all my stuff)
But they did change shield generators to block energy and kinetic damage types from any weapon, so that should make me better at tanking (and taunt cant miss anymore which is really good)

Achievements have been added, some of the rewards for them are cartel coins, i dont know how many, but i doubt it would be enough to really buy anything good, im hoping that they are retroactive so we get credit for stuff we already did
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:53 pm

There were changes that they didnt put in the patch notes
They raised prices of repairing items (by about double), and space travel costs (by about 5-10 times more depending on where you go (technically its infinity less to 10 times more since some places cost 0 now when they used to cost something))

Pat1487 wrote:
The skill trees have been changed and all points were refunded, for me personally that sucks because they changed the way my lightsaber form works, so i no longer get focus (focus is like rage, or mana that builds from fighting) from being hit, but it still reduces the amount of focus i gain per attack, they made the ability to gain focus on hit as a separate skill in the tree which means im now 1 point short of my original plan (also that skill may be in a different tree so i might have to completely replan my character or not even take that skill which would really suck because i was already having trouble getting enough focus to use all my stuff)
They made the ability to get focus from being hit into a skill that you get from your class trainer so i wont need to spend a point on that
However they changed the trees to require 36 skill points to get the top skill instead of 31 so you cant get into t2 of another part of the tree if you spec fully into 1 of the trees without getting to level 55 which sucks, i had to replan my character a bit, my new setup looks better then the old one though
I still really hate that they made a skill that used to cost 31 skill points cost 36 skill points, they shouldve made new skills that were above 31 points for level 55s and left the old skills at the same price but it seems like they couldnt be bothered (or they think it will get more people to buy the expansion for more skill points)
Theres only 4 active skills that were added to the game, 1 for each class (copy and pasted for both sides), with only 1 skill they couldve just added 1 more passive skill at the top of the skill tree for 36 points without touching the rest of the tree and it wouldve worked fine

Also they changed the way 1 of my abilities work so i can generate almost full focus at the beginning of a fight and can just unleash everything at once (i can use that ability every 15 seconds)
The way this ability works now pretty much makes another ability, which i get in 2 levels, really really under powered (the ability they changed deals damage, lowers targets armor, costs 0 focus, and generates 7 focus with a cd of 15 seconds, the ability i get in 2 levels only generates 6 focus, costs 0 focus, deals no damage, and doesnt do anything else with a cd of 60 seconds, so its not really that its under powered its just that the ability they changed is over powered lol)
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 3:15 pm

i did the athiss station flashpoint twice yesterday (both times without pat, mainly because i actually wanted to be able to succeed). at one point an item dropped that would be good for pat so i of course shafted everyone else and clicked need... it was the end of the flashpoint and since id never see any of these people again, fuck 'em.

the item had a timer and i assumed at the end of it the item would become permanently bound to myself. so i tried to mail it with plenty of time to spare but it wouldn't let me.... then i made a new character figuring maybe it was within your legacy only... still no. i dont really understand how this whole sharing items thing works, but i'm really turned off by the sheer amount of items that are bound as soon as you pick them up.

i'm also really confused by soulbound items. what on earth are the difference between soulbound and regular bound?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:15 pm

Weve never failed a flashpoint that we did together, and ive never failed a flashpoint that ive done
We had trouble with 1 cause we were a bit under leveled and there were only 2 of us

I havent seen anything say soulbound, just bound, and i assumed bound meant soulbound
If there are 2 different ones then i dont know
I do know that you can put bound items on your companion, and that mods you remove from bound items become bound which suck because i wanted to sell them on the auction house but noooo i have to put them into cargo to take up space (i would just vendor them but they arent worth crap)

I looked it up and apparently if you do the flashpoint solo you cant trade it at all (even though theres still a timer) and if you do it with a group you can only trade items from that flashpoint to the people that were in the group with you during that flashpoint which kindve makes sense to prevent the line of thinking in your post, but it does suck

We should probably just do flashpoints together, at least for the first time that we do 1

Also i did crafting last night, like 3 hours of it while watching game of thrones
I was able to get all 3 to over level 100, with synthweaving at 122, so i can make level 21 armor now
Level 0-100 goes by really fast, after 100 it starts taking forever, most missions take 5-6mins for a 50% chance at the item i need (and a 50% chance at an item that i have 50 of and dont need anymore)
I ended up saying screw the missions to get gathering resources and just went to the jedi temple to gather from there since theres dozens of crystals in that area (i ended up running into slayer there), but now that my skill is over 100 its not as useful so ill have to find another place
The armor i can make is actually better than some of the armor i had, but i feel like its really not worth the money, i made 2 useful pieces of armor (3 once i get to level 21) and spent maybe 5k credits in the process (none of this low level stuff will sell for anything on the auction house, so you cant really regain your losses)
The 5k wasnt just to make 2 pieces of armor, it was to level archeology and synthweaving over 100 but still (slicing is my 3rd skill which is also over 100 but slicing pays out about 30% more than the money you put into it on average so that is actually profitable at these low levels)
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Theres 2 skills on my skill tree, i need to get 1 of them, i cant get both, and i cant decide which one i should get

Here are the choices:

Expeditious Protector: When your guarded target is attacked you gain 30% more movement speed for 6 seconds

OR

Jedi Warden: Reduces the cd of force push by 15 seconds, and reduces the focus cost of freezing force by 2

Force push knocks enemies away/down, it also deals a decent amount of damage, with a 60 sec cd (jedi warden would reduce the cd to 45 sec) and freezing force slows enemies by 50% for 9 seconds and it has no cd (jedi warden would make it cost 0 focus, which would let me cast it whenever)
So basically jedi warden would let me kindve spam a 50% aoe slow to all enemies around me

Expeditious protector would not only give me a 30% speed boost during combat, but it would also tell me exactly when my guarded target was attacked (since i would see the speed buff pop up/refresh) so i could get over there and try to pull the mob off my guarded target (i usually guard the healer or the person who generates the most threat other than me) right away, currently the way ive been doing it is if i see my guarded target getting attacked/losing hp ill taunt the mob thats on him

I could get both if i get rid of purifying sweep, but purifying sweep is an aoe armor reduction so id rather keep that

Also i looked up the matrix shards, and i need yellow and 2 blues for the cube i need
Coruscant has a yellow and tython has a blue so those should be easy, but the last blue is going to be a pain in the ass, turns out the last blue i need is on a starting planet, but its an empire planet, so im not sure how easy it will be, not sure if pvp is automatic in areas like that
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:52 am

i think jedi warden is a billion times better because you shouldnt need movespeed while fighting if you correctly keep up your threat. its the dps's job to focus the correct target and your job to maintain enough threat on all the targets. the 50% slow would make it more difficult for the mobs to even get close to a ranged/squishy party member
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:37 am

The range on the aoe is pretty small, i have to be standing right next to the enemy for the slow to effect them so i would still need to move to get in range and i would still need to run up to ranged guys (unless they are far enough away that i can leap to them) which a slow wouldnt really help with, but more speed would let me get to them quicker

I can keep threat on the boss without any trouble, its the adds that cause an issue, since the aoe on the slow is so small i need to run over to them to get them off the healer/slow them
I eventually will have an aoe taunt that should make that less of a problem, but theres still the problem of the ranged mobs

Plus it only costs 2 focus to cast the slow right now, its not like i need jedi warden to be able to use the slow, using jedi warden to cast it for free is nice to have but is it worth not having 30% more movespeed during combat

And i looked more into the matrix shards, you cant go to the starting planet of the opposite faction which means the other blue shard that i need is on tatooine
Which is a level 30ish planet, i wanted to get the shards so i could build the cube at level 24 and start using it right away, but getting the 1 on tatooine at level 24 might not be an option
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:20 pm

I reached level 25 and got speeder piloting, i also built the matrix cube that i wanted and got to legacy level 2
I havent started any quests on nar shadaa though, some how i went from 23-25 with 3 space missions, the rest of the quests on taris, 5 warzones, and collecting 3 matrix shards
I did the pvp and space quests to which adds a lot of exp

Dont buy legacy speeder piloting
All the stuff in that section only unlocks for that 1 character (the section that says character unlocks) and legacy piloting doesnt actually give you the skill to pilot speeders, you still have to buy that, so if you get legacy speeder piloting you end up spending 75k to get speeder piloting instead of 35k
Legacy speeder piloting just lets you buy the piloting skill at level 10 instead of level 25
I didnt buy it, i made sure to know everything i could before i got it when i hit legacy level 2 (mainly because i noticed that it was in the character unlocks section, which i hadnt actually read before because i miss obvious things like that sometimes)

The matrix cube was such a pain in the ass to make, the shard i had to get from tatooine took over an hour, not because the mobs were higher level then me, but because you have to wait for a hotair balloon to carry you to the shards location, and the balloon moves at 2mph and needs to go across the whole map
The balloon itself was cool, but way way too slow, im hoping that was the most annoying shard to get
The other 2 shards were easy and only took 10 mins each
I want to make another cube for the 2nd relic slot, but i would need red and 2 yellows for the cube i want, and since i already used 1 yellow i would need to get 1 of the yellows from a level 50 planet, which i will try at some point, though i will probably fail

I also found a relic vendor on the repub fleet, its the light vendor thats in the north east of the station (under the cargo hold in the GTN area), you need light II to get a relic that gives +11 endurance and it only costs 1k, i bought 1 to put in my 2nd relic slot until i can get another matrix cube

And i found you can buy pvp med kits from the pvp equipment vendor next to the pvp quest terminal, they only cost 12 commendations and they heal 35% of your hp, they are really nice to have at critical moments, they only work in pvp though
That vendor also exchanges 10 warzone commendations for 1 planetary, i thought it was 40 warzone for 1 planetary , at 10 for 1 it might be worth it

When i started playing i logged in next to the nest which had the egg i could take
After i finished playing i looked up stuff about the egg cause i forgot about it while playing
Turns out i was right next to, literally was looking at, the thing you need to use to hatch the egg
I spent about 30 mins waiting right next to it while i was waiting for the balloon on tatooine, now ill have to go all the way back out to that damn place to hatch the egg
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:10 pm

I figured out a way to get Artifact Equipment Authorization (the $12 cash shop item that lets you equip purple gear) for 650k credits and $0 as a f2p player
That 650k is dependent on the gtn though, but thats how much it is right now

F2p players are capped at 250k credits (if you buy at least $5 worth of cash shop money you become a preferred player and have a cap of 350k) once you hit that cap the rest of your money goes into an escrow account
A recent patch introduced an item that lets you withdraw from that escrow account, you can buy that item on the auction house

There are 3 ways to do it

1. 650k credits, $0

Hit your credit cap and let your escrow fill with the rest of the 650k that you need (the 250k cap for f2p players would need to let 400k fill into the escrow, and 350k cap for preferred players would need to let 300k fill into the escrow)

Then buy the 600k escrow transfer for 150k credits:
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 WZEkyHu

Then use that item to withdraw the 400k (or 300k) from the escrow to give yourself 500k

Then buy the account wide artifact unlock at the top for 500k credits:
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 KZTXWWa

Then you can equip purple stuff

2. 550k credits, $0, Preferred players only
This way is basically the same as the first way, but instead of spending 150k on the 600k escrow transfer you spend around 50k credits on the 150k escrow transfer, then get back up to your 350k max, then withdraw for 500k (dont use the 150k withdraw unless you have 350k in your inv because if you end up with less then 500k in your inv and will need another escrow withdraw to get up to 500k to afford the artifact equipment unlock)

You do have to spend $5 to be a preferred player, but none of that money will go towards the artifact equipment unlock
This way is probably what ill do

3. 500k credits and $0.80
Buy the 150k escrow transfer from the cash shop for 80 cartel coins ($5 gets you 500 coins, which is the lowest amount you can buy) and then only need to pay 500k credits for the artifact unlock itself (350k credits in your inv + 150k credits from escrow)

Hopefully by the time we have enough credits to afford that it will still be around the same cost on the auction house

EDIT: It seems people put it up for even lower then 500k, i was just able to get 1 for 140k
I have no idea why people would but a $12 item up on the auction house for 140k
Theres even account wide ones on there for 250k
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:14 pm

im not totally sure why there were only two up when pat looked but my best guess is this way of unlocking artifact transfers just became available and people were highballing the market
its possible there is a new item pack that includes this and a lot of people who get the pack dont want it

at this point an individual unlock will run you about 120k-150k and a account unlock will be around 200k-250k

i know i should wait for an account but ill probably get individual...
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:16 pm

These low prices might be because of the discount in the cash shop, they are currently 33% off so the account one is 1800 cartel coins, and the character one is 800 coins
According to this http://dulfy.net/2013/02/04/swtor-cartel-market-pack-list/ none of the packs have the artifact authorization unlock so its not that
But still, inventory unlocks are 140k and are way cheaper in cartel coins then the discounted artifact unlock so i dont get it

I checked the artifact unlock every time i went to the gtn because it was an item i really wanted but would never pay $12 for, most of the time there werent any there (for awhile i thought they couldnt be sold on the gtn) but when i started seeing them they were all 1mil-5mil most being around 2mil, and there were always only 1-3 of them listed at any 1 time (so having 2 there in that screenshot was normal)

Back then 2mil was impossible to get for preferred players so i came to accept that i would never use purple stuff, but i still checked just in case there were ever any under 350k
Then they introduced the escrow thing and i came up with the idea of using that like how i posted about above (except instead of 650k it would be 2mil + w/e the escrow transfer was) yesterday was the first time i saw escrow stuff and the artifact unlock was there for the lowest i ever saw it at 500k so i made that post

Then i checked the artifact unlock again to see how quickly the 500k one sold (to give me an idea on how fast i would have to do the escrow stuff i posted about) and suddenly there were 2 there for 140k, both sold by the same person, so i figured that person was crazy and this would be my only chance since i only needed 40k more so i just pushed for the money i needed
I sold pretty much everything i didnt really need, the stuff in my cargo bay, and even my companions clothes to the vendor and got the rest from quests/slicing

Then once i had enough, i saw more there, one was there for 139k from a different person (which is the one i bought) and there was an account wide one for 250k, which i thought about waiting for but i was no where near 250k and thought that by the time i got that much it wouldnt be that cheap
If they are still 250k when i have that much i will buy that too, im already up to 20k (even after buying most everything back and spending 11k to get the skills i didnt buy)

Other cash shop items i want to buy from the gtn are:

Section X access (wont buy until level 50, but once im at level 50 it will become top priority to use credits on, after i have good armor)
+10 galactic trade slots (pretty low priority for me right now)
Additional cargo bay/invenotry module (low priority)
Any of the cosmetic/vanity unlocks, stuff like display titles or unify colors (very low priority, i wouldnt spend more then 50k for any of them)
Crew skill slot account (low priority since i already have the crew skill slot for my main character)
Artifact equipment authorization account (low priority since i already have it for main character)

The new expansion is the only thing i want but cant get from the gtn because of the way they decided to sell it
Id rather not spend $20 on it because it doesnt really look like its worth $20, 1 new planet, new mini story, and 4 new skills, thats worth like $10 to me
But wont have to make a decision on that for a long time
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Apparently you can only have 1 matrix cube at a time, which sucks
If you need more then 1 red shard get the 2nd red shard from ilum instead of hoth, the 1 on hoth requires an item that costs 20k, the one on ilum is sitting right in the safety of the republic base where you first enter the planet for free (well it costs 1.9k to fly to ilum but still much cheaper then hoth)

I helped to kill the world boss on coruscant with a group of like 20 people, but i died and wasnt there when someone looted the body so i didnt get a chance to roll for any of the items (which is a really stupid system) i looked up what the loot drops were and it was a bunch of level 15-20 purple stuff so its not even really worth it
There were levels 55s there so im not really sure what they got out of it, probably the quest, which i remember having the quest that wanted me to kill that boss but i lost it at some point because i didnt have it when we killed it
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:40 pm

there was a new patch, it added a bunch of minor stuff but then also something really good
clans now can get bonus clan-wide experience. for every 5 people in a clan that are either preferred or members we get +1% bonus exp. right now we have 18 people who qualify

god i hate this new text box
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:38 pm

This new patch barely added anything
Im trying to figure out how it was ~550mb

Everything that was added/changed was to stuff that was already in the game
Like nightmare mode for Terror from Beyond so i dont see where that 550mb is coming from unless nightmare mode completely changes everything

The next patch says it will enhance the graphics, im hoping that means they will increase performance because loading (tatooine specifically) is really slow for me and yet i run at 60fps on medium/high (except on the republic fleet where i get massive frame drops for no apparent reason)

The way swtor loads stuff is stupid, it loads the things it needs into a cache first, then reads the cache
So its copying everything from 1 place on your harddrive (the install folder) to another (the diskcachearena file) as it needs stuff, then reading the diskcachearena file to load everything into ram
Why they do it this way i dont know, its really inefficient, they could vastly improve loading times for everyone by just cutting out the whole cache middle man
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:02 am

maybe they laid the framework for the graphics overhaul. that way the dl for new textures happens in two stages
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 4:10 am

It has always loaded like that
I looked into it back when we started playing because i wanted to see if there was anything i could tweak to increase performance and found that

And it doesnt need to happen in 2 stages, it just wastes time
They could either load it directly from the install files, or put all the files into a cache (once, and again for patches, instead of constantly reading/writing to it while the game is going) and read it directly from there
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:52 pm

pat wrote:
It has always loaded like that
I looked into it back when we started playing because i wanted to see if there was anything i could tweak to increase performance and found that
wait are you responding to something? the way you phrased this makes it sound like that

pat wrote:
And it doesnt need to happen in 2 stages, it just wastes time
They could either load it directly from the install files, or put all the files into a cache (once, and again for patches, instead of constantly reading/writing to it while the game is going) and read it directly from there
you were feeling pretty anti swtor at 4am weren't you?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
wait are you responding to something? the way you phrased this makes it sound like that
I was responding to this
Serenity09 wrote:
maybe they laid the framework for the graphics overhaul. that way the dl for new textures happens in two stages
You made it sound like they recently laid the framework for the upcoming patch, like it was intentionally planned that way, which it wasnt, its just always been like this

Serenity09 wrote:
you were feeling pretty anti swtor at 4am weren't you?
Im anti long load screens all the time, i just dont say anything until 4am
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:39 am

This weekend is double exp so im going to play again (going to do nar shadaa bonus series at some point)

Seren are you still going to play this or have you quit, its been about a month since you hit level 28 and i think you're still 28
I stopped at 33 since i got too far ahead of you in levels and have been waiting for you to either catch up or play while im on so that you will catch up
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:08 am

I figured out what that mantaray thing was seren
Its not a flying mount, its just a taxi, was still cool looking though

And the mysterious appearance of the emergency fleet pass ability was a recent patch thing, they also changed the legacy fleet perk to reduce the cd of that skill by 3 hours for each level and it has 3 levels, so you can get it down to a cd of 3 hours which is reasonable

Also
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 GaqxFe2
Castle Organa looks awesome
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:55 pm

The galactic spacefighter patch came out awhile ago, just tried it today
It adds aerial dog fighting into the game in space ships (not the ship you get from your story, a smaller one that presumably is launched from your main one even though thats never mentioned or shown)
That ship has all its own items and abilities separate from your main ship
Its PvP only and you have to queue up for it like the other PvP modes

The wait time was really long, which i thought was odd since i was playing during a time that many people should be playing

The fighting feels good enough, but the map design is really bad for several reasons

1. You cant reach objectives in the starter ship in one boost, you get an after burner type boost that lets you fly faster but it ends about 75% of the way to any of the objective points that your supposed to capture/defend and you have to fly ungodly slow the rest of the way
If the maps were slightly smaller it would be fine

2. The geometry of the maps makes it very very easy to defend, once a team caps a point its probably going to stay that teams point for the rest of the game, theres only like 1 point in 1 map that is open, so whoever caps 2 points first almost always wins

3. The maps arent visually interesting, theres a lot of empty space, between the objects and between your base and the objectives, they should put in more asteroids or trees (some maps take place in the atmosphere of a planet) or something

Also the rewards are pretty much non existant, the exp you get is maybe like 1/15th of a level, and i dont even think you get credits
You dont even get loot, just 2 different types of currency to buy new stuff
One currency is for buying ships, the other is for buying ship items, the one for buying ships comes in incredibly slow, a ship costs 5k and you get 50ish per game
And theres ships that can only be bought with real money, i dont know if they are better than the in game currency ships, so i wont complain about it yet

Overall its alright, ill probably play it now and then, i didnt check the priority mission box so its possible that you can get more rewards from quests, that is if quests exist for it

They also gave out free cosmetic armor, like 5 sets of different armor, i cant even unpack them all because i physically (virtually physically) dont have the inventory space to store all of it
Theres only 1 that i actually like the look of, the black one, but it doesnt really fit a jedi so im not going to wear it

I do need a new chest piece though because at some point i got a new speeder (i cant remember when why or how, it was like 4-5 months ago the last time i played) and my current chest piece has a cape that clips into the new speeder which bothers me so i want one without a cape (even though i really like having a cape)

And they reset the skill tree too, i feel like they made it more linear than it was, like you have to get 5 points per tier and its seems like they made it so each tier adds up to 7, with 2 of the skills only adding up to 2 and a 3rd that goes to 3, so you have to get 2 points in the two that let you get 2 and 1 point in the one that goes up to 3 (any combination of points will mean you put at least 1 point in all 3 skills if you want to move up to the next tier), very few tiers have 4 skills to pick from
This may only be for my class, i didnt look at the new trees of the other classes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next