Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_lcap26%Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_lcap35%Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_lcap19%Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_lcap0%Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_lcap0%Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_lcap10%Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_lcap10%Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:59 am

Since i posted about Modern Warfare 2 a couple years ago Im going to post about Modern warfare 3 after having finished it today

If you missed my post on MW2 i basically said this
Pat1487 wrote:
I played it for PC
It was awesome

I would be surprised if it wasnt the game of the year

Ill try to go back, take some pics, and post them here, i shouldve taken some while playing, but i was so wrapped up in the gameplay and story that i didnt think of it
I feel like i need to explain my reaction to that
I really shouldnt review games immediately after playing them, or i should at least know that its not as good as i think it is when in that mind set after having completed it
I went into the singleplayer with 0 expectations and it ended up being decent, which surprised me so much so that i perceived it as being amazing
Honestly MW2 just won me over with that airport bit, you never really see that when playing a hero
Although, thinking back on it, what kind of CIA agent would just start shooting innocent civilians, undercover agents do crimes to keep their cover, but mass murder, that doesnt seem like something a heroic CIA agent would do

Anyway, this is about MW3, which i have just completed playing

Overall it was decent, but ridiculously short, lasting only about 5 and a half hours
Parts of it felt like a chore, and a bit repetitive
There was pretty much 1 enemy you fought the entire time, just 1000s of clones of the same enemy, there are rarely tanks and helicopters you can fight, and about 2 or 3 levels where you fight a different looking enemy that behaves the same way as the standard one
Most of the mechanics are reused from MW2 or MW1

There is 1 part on a plane that was kindve cool, but ridiculous, and an underwater scuba part that shouldve been longer/expanded on
Theres also a part that lasts all of 5 seconds that i really liked (before i knew it was only 5 seconds) where you take control of a civilian (this isnt a spoiler, ill talk more about this with spoilers though)
Other then that its just shoot everything until it explodes into fire/blood or reused sequences from MW1/2

My biggest complaint though is that it tries to force an emotional reaction out of the player
And i cant talk about it without going into spoilers so

Spoiler:

Also you cant change your FOV, and the FOV the game gives you is terrible, its like the characters you play have some sort of eye problem that causes them to not have any peripheral vision

I say "overall it was decent" because the story was finished up in a decent way and the overall experience was enjoyable, the guns fired well and shooting stuff for 5 hours is fun sometimes
MW2 was better

On a side note, i was thinking of something while playing it
You know how you switch perspectives between characters for different missions
80% of the time i was playing i imagined that the main character of the game was a disembodied cyborg time traveler with amnesia that could leap into people of the past and access their memories and just assumed that he was that person (since he has amnesia, and keeps getting amnesia every time he leaps)
It explains why/how you change perspectives, what happens when you die (you just go back in time a few seconds to redo that part again), how you can die as that person and keep going, and why/how your health regens (the person that the disembodied cyborg is in is just a shell so pain isnt much of a problem for him)
(It explains the FOV problem to, the cyborg has trouble interfacing with human eyes and cant see properly)

Its amazing how well a disembodied cyborg time traveler with amnesia can fit into the Modern Warfare series
I want to see them make a game about him, and his back story, it basically writes itself
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Ive heard people call it MW 2.5 because of how little it has changed from MW2. I watched a video of the game on youtube, if it wasnt labeled MW3, i probably would have thought it was a MW2 replay. I dont really have anything to go off of but that (expecially since i only have a Wii).
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Yeah, thats a good way to put it
And you can play it on PC
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Ok, the real question, this or battlefield 3, for ps3, I'm leaning towards battlefield. No trolling or being a fan boy, only facts and reasons
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:36 pm

I would always recommend PC over PS3, but thats an entirely different topic

For PS3, I wouldnt get either and would instead get Skyrim

But if you want a multiplayer military FPS i would get Battlefield 3
Call of Duty's multiplayer sucks in comparison to Battlefield's in general
Battlefield 3 has vehicles, classes, teamwork, and huge battles (64 player, not sure if thats true for PS3)
Battlefield 3 feels more like a war since MW3 can only have 16 at max

Also in MW3 theres no teamwork and whoever gets a kill streak first will win simply by abusing the kill streak perks and racking up more kills to get more kill streaks
I guess if you are good at getting kill streaks and want to be a one man army then go with MW3
If your bad at getting kill streaks youll just get owned

If youre looking for a singleplayer experience I would pick Skyrim again
But if youre looking for a military FPS singleplayer experience I would pick MW3
Call of Duty has always had better singleplayer then Battlefield in general(with the exception of Bad Company 1)
The signleplayer only works if youve played the other 2 though
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Of course, skyrim is the best choice, then there's Arkham city and uncharted 3, but me and my friends wanted a game that we can all play online together. I'm leaning towards bf3 and I'm trying to convince the others. And thanks pat
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:34 pm

Pat1487 wrote:

Count the ways in which you've fallen short of Pat's expectations.

And i agree with going with battlefield. the only time i played it i was drunk, but that one time was pretty fun, and some how we got hit with an earth quake, and then were flying planes--it was pretty epic.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:29 pm

Achilles.42 wrote:
Pat1487 wrote:

Count the ways in which you've fallen short of Pat's expectations.

And i agree with going with battlefield. the only time i played it i was drunk, but that one time was pretty fun, and some how we got hit with an earth quake, and then were flying planes--it was pretty epic.

That makes me want to play it lolololol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Page 1 of 1