Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_lcap26%Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_lcap35%Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_lcap19%Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_lcap0%Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_lcap0%Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_lcap10%Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_lcap10%Map Making Contest Scores I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Map Making Contest Scores

Go down 
+2
Serenity09
Kallock
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

Map Making Contest Scores Empty
PostSubject: Map Making Contest Scores   Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:13 pm

MAP: Escape Dream World
CREATOR: Serenity09

Creativity: [3/5]
Triggering: [4/5]
Aesthetics: [3/5]
Overall Design: [8/10]
TOTAL: [18/25]

Comments: Serenity's map was a really fun map; however, it was somewhat similar to a previous map called Soft Escape. Honestly, I like EDW more than than Soft Escape because you don't have to spend 10 hours on each level. Scoreboard was a little weird and the map could use a little more doodads to decorate the map. Overall, it is a very enjoyable map.

MAP: Hero Exile Island
CREATOR: Eat_Bacon_Daily

Creativity: [4/5]
Triggering: [4/5]
Aesthetics: [5/5]
Overall Design: [7/10]
TOTAL: [20/25]

Comments: Bacon's map was very detailed with doodads and terrain. I could definitely tell Bacon spent a lot of time on his map. The game had a unique campaign and objectives. I believe that farms should have more defenses so people won't be able to kill them until late game. The game is a bit unbalanced in my opinion, because some heroes are stronger at everything than others. For example: my goblin shredder had the slowest movement speed and couldn't catch anyone, he was only good for waiting in the same place for five minutes to insta-kill someone that walked on his mines. Overall, the map is well-made and interesting.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Map Making Contest Scores   Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:42 pm

this is good

but if you have time can you add a bit more?

like instead of just a general summary of what you thought, a bunch of quick explanations on why people lost points where?

also a few suggestions for improvements would be great
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Map Making Contest Scores   Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:03 am

I have suggestions for you map (btw you map is fucking awesome)

-I thought you map could use custom tiles. Because the non-turn ice tile doesn't really fit what it looks like in my opinion.

-I thought maybe you could add special units. Here's a few examples.
*A footman in permanent defend animation that you can go through only when he has his back turned from you.
*A giant dragon spawn with a bigger collision.

(Unfortunately its really early in the morning and i forgot most of the suggestions i wanted to add while writing this post. When i remember them ill prob post them if you want.)

P.S i think you mortar teams don't work, they don't seem to be able to kill anyone.
Also you should let bacon make a level. I heard he's awesome at making levels in mazes:D
And if you have any suggestions for my map id like to hear them
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Map Making Contest Scores   Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Map: Escape Dream World
Author: Serenity09

Creativity 3.8/5
The use of different terrains having different effects on the mazer has been done before, like in soft escape
But the use of transitioning between them with the way the levels were designed was interesting
The most difficult and unique parts of the maze was where the level was designed in such a way that you needed to use these transitions to your advantage
There were also new types of movement altering terrain that i havent seen before, like the grassy snow that made you slide at the angle you were facing when you entered it
Also, the map is called Escape Dream World, and it doesnt really feel very dream like to me, it feels sort of like purgatory to me, or hell with how difficult it starts to get

Triggering 4.4/5
The transitions between terrain types were smooth and made sense with what the terrain should do once you got used to it
The only complaint i have for it is that you didnt bug test it enough, as there was that bug that removed all the enemies when 1 person got to the end

Aesthetics 3.4/5
Seeing all the different terrain types can be hard for the player to know what he can and cant walk on
But having plain black be what kills you throughout the entire game is a great way to keep the player from getting confused, and allows the map to mix any terrain it can
Having all that terrain mixed together doesnt make for the most visually appealing ground though, as the terrain is there to be functional, though its not ugly
The teraining may have looked better if the tiles were customized/stylized

Overall 8.9/10
The levels get pretty difficult as you go, and the difficulty seems to logically increase the further you go
But the difficulty is the kind that is challenging, where you want to keep playing even though youve just died 30 times trying to get past the same thing

Total: 20.5

Map: Hero Exile Island
Author: Eat_Bacon_Daily

Creativity 3.3/5
The map is alot like dbz tribute, or kingdom builders (maybe not kingdom builders exactly, but that type of game), but more like if you took the 2 of those and smashed them together, taking the best things from both
The items for clan members were interesting and you definitely get creativity points for some of the descriptions, as crazy as some of them are (a backseat screwdriver that give 5% evasion, how would that even work, and how would you think of that, i just imaging backseat distracting his enemies with a screwdriver to evade them, it would probably work 5% of the time, so it makes sense)
The mountable horses around the map are cool and something you dont see often
But overall the map is made up of ideas from other maps, or games (like the watchtowers, the socketable items, and the mules- i mean summoned workers)
Also, the map is called Hero Exile Island, it makes sense, your a hero thats been exiled to this island, along with other heroes that have been exiled

Triggering 3.7/5
All your triggers looked like they worked, or at least i wasnt able to break any, or see any broken during our play time
2 people crashed from picking up an item, but i picked up the same item and didnt crash, so w/e caused that doesnt seem to be the maps fault, or if it is, i didnt meet the conditions when i picked up the item, and the others did
But what i really liked was the recipe system
I hate recipes in wc3 maps, especially DOTA, going through 4 or 5 shops (sometimes more) to find the components i need to make an item isnt my idea of fun
Your recipe system takes a base item, like boots or a weapon, and lets you add items to it in a natural way, if i want agility boots then i know i need the boots and the agility gem
The actual programming behind this recipe system isnt any different then any other recipe system, but its the ease of use you brought to it by having the recipes be something that the player can just understand without needing to go through tons of shops
It also makes it more interesting to see what item youll get the first time you do it, since the item you get not only has the attributes you want, but also has a few extras
A proper ending win/defeat trigger should be in it though

Aesthetics 4.7/5
The map was nice to look at, alot of doodads and the parts of the map that needed to convey information did so
The pathing of the map was designed in such a way to give player plenty of places to hide their base, making it take a fairly long time for players to find eachother if they all build smart
The various cliffs and terrain height differences give units plenty of cover making unit positioning important
It looked good and the design added to the gameplay mechanics

Overall 8.9/10
The map is alot of fun to play
I know i said it copies other games, and while creatively thats not the best, it copies the good things from those games, so it isnt bad

Total: 20.6

The maps were pretty close, both had their strong points
But as even as they are id have to say bacons was a bit better
I havent seen oreos map yet
I would play it by myself just to get the judging done, but i think oreo should be there when a judge goes to judge it, as well as a couple more people
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Map Making Contest Scores   Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Liked your review alot. And ty for the positive comments ^^

Quote :
(a backseat screwdriver that give 5% evasion, how would that even work, and how would you think of that, i just imaging backseat distracting his enemies with a screwdriver to evade them, it would probably work 5% of the time, so it makes sense)
lol for this item, it was getting late and i was running out of item abilities to add. So i juste picked some random one. And note how it says in the description (Grants the user 5% evasion.. for some reason.) Very Happy

Quote :
The mountable horses around the map are cool and something you dont see often
But overall the map is made up of ideas from other maps, or games (like the watchtowers, the socketable items, and the mules- i mean summoned workers)
You forgot to mention how the mountable horses are from evolution tag... i mean HOW I CAME UP WITH ALL THESE IDEAS MYSELF AND I'M GOING TO SUE YOUR ASS FOR ACCUSING ME OF STEALING! But seriously for the most part your right. I started off by mixing vampirism and dbz tribute, because i always wanted to play a game like that.

Quote :
I hate recipes in wc3 maps, especially DOTA, going through 4 or 5 shops (sometimes more) to find the components i need to make an item isnt my idea of fun
Your recipe system takes a base item, like boots or a weapon, and lets you add items to it in a natural way, if i want agility boots then i know i need the boots and the agility gem
Ya i know exactly what you mean. I took the idea... i mean spellcraft stole this idea from me. Because i always liked to be surprised at what ability i might get in spellcraft. And i hate when i play random maps that are really fun but have like 12 secret shops that u need items from to make a recepy.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Map Making Contest Scores   Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:

Quote :
Ya i know exactly what you mean. I took the idea... i mean spellcraft stole this idea from me. Because i always liked to be surprised at what ability i might get in spellcraft. And i hate when i play random maps that are really fun but have like 12 secret shops that u need items from to make a recepy.

I really liked how the secret shop in your map was on a boat (even though the items kind of sucked) that was really interesting lol because it would go all the way around the map.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Map Making Contest Scores   Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:08 am

Oreos map wasnt completed enough to be judged against the other map submissions
So Im going to have to take it out of the running and have it be between bacon and seren
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Map Making Contest Scores   Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:32 pm

if ach or mark don't post scores by thursday then i'll just go with what we've got

well 2 things are official
ach and mark are shit judges
and bacon's won the first map making contest!! grats bacon

that means you get shammy and some other things we can talk about later

also a thread devoted to your awesomeness
i said i'd also put the runner ups in said thread, but that'd be kinda weird
well i guess it'll just be an inside joke for the ppl who know the contest was between 2 people

i'll do your hall of fame thread after you make one for your map (so i can link it)
Back to top Go down
The_Chosen_Oreo
Corporal
Corporal
The_Chosen_Oreo

PostSubject: Re: Map Making Contest Scores   Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 7:53 pm

We should do another contest but on the best maze system set :]
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Map Making Contest Scores   Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:00 pm

i was planning on doing the next contest pretty similarly to the last one
it wouldnt end till (high school) christmas break

there's a ton of time
maybe ill put the category to a vote

i'm not gonna do anything more about it till after the mc reset though
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Map Making Contest Scores   Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 8:10 pm

Maybe we could make like a maze together, and decide who has the better level. You know spice it up a lil.

Im still waiting to make a lvl in ur maze seren. Coz i love the terrain types and i really wanna play around with them Very Happy

P.S I won that contest because im awesome (Not because I was uber lucky that you guys didnt find any leaks Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map Making Contest Scores   Map Making Contest Scores I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Map Making Contest Scores
Page 1 of 1