Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_lcap26%Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_lcap35%Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_lcap19%Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_lcap0%Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_lcap0%Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_lcap10%Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_lcap10%Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest

Go down 
+5
AmAzIn[G]
13Phoenix
hoffmann
Eat_bacon_daily
Serenity09
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Serenity09
Serenity09

Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest Empty
PostSubject: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:33 pm

_-*CLAN TMMM IS HOSTING A MAP MAKING CONTEST*-_

Please register to join the Clan TMMM map making contest below by leaving your name and the names of your partners and your affiliation to the clan tmmm (Unless youre like bacon or backseat and have been in the clan foreverrrr)

Start Date: June 1st; 12:00am
End Date: August 17th; 12:00am
Judging will occur during the week after the end date.

Rules and Guidelines:

The contest has a limit of 2 people to a party
  • the scoring guidelines will be harsher for parties
  • in general a lot more is expected of maps created from teams

1 Map entry per person
  • You cannot submit a solo map and then another map as part of a team
  • You may submit multiple versions up until the end of the contest
  • only your last submission will be graded

You may ask for help on small things such as triggering and importing.
  • Unless you're part of a team, you should be doing the vast majority of the work.
  • Ideally, you should ask people who are not competing.

Only maps 1/4 of the way begun are allowed to be used (Check with seren before using a map you have already started on)
  • You may not use maps where the 1/4 done was by someone else.

You may submit any type of map, although making a maze is suggested and recommended.
  • However, you will not be penalized for submitting something other than a maze.

Feel free to post below, private message me or email me at segal35 (at) gmail for questions and clarifications on Rules and Guidelines

Judging:
There will be 3 judges who help determine your overall score. I'll post the judges once I figure out who they are (they won't be competing) The judges will grade based on:

Creativity [5 points] - Did you think outside of the box? You don't have to create a completely new game, but was your map actually different from others? Is it obvious there was time spent in conceptualizing the map. Ex. A maze called Maze of IDK would probably be disqualified for having a retarded ass name.
Triggering [5 points] - You are not required to use any JASS, but it is expected that your map be largely leakless and run well even in longer games. You can only earn up to 3 points on perfect triggering alone. For the last 2 points, you must create something(s) interesting using triggers.
Aesthetics [5 points] - Is the map visually appealing? Terraining, doodads, models/skins all contribute to this (along with other similar factors). Also considered is whether or not certain things make sense in respect to your map. Anyone can get stuff from the hive, but does it make sense in your map?
Overall Design [10 points] - Is your map fun and interesting? This is scored differently for each map type. IE for a maze, this would be based on how fun/interesting each level is.

The judges averaged opinion will count as 75% of your total score
If any categories change I'll post the change. Nothing will change after the first week, and as long as you're trying to make a good map, the changes shouldn't make a difference.

Popularity - This will count for 25% of your total score. It's based on how fun (from 1-10) everyone (except the judges) thought your map was. There are no in depth explanations here, just a 1-10 score for each map from each person.

Prizes: The winner will
replace KevKevQaz as tmmm shammy (if a shammy or I win, then they get to choose someone else to be new shammy (I have to approve it though))
get their map on autohost (if they want)
become the winner of the first official TMMM map making contest (that I know of) and get your map posted in a thread that will keep track of all map contest winners.

Runner up gets a runner up mention in above thread (which won't exist till the end)

Why Kev?:

Adjustment to the rule on map submission

Guideline for Map Submission

You must create a post in here writing as much as you want about your map. If you're worried that the judges won't get or misinterpret something you did, this is the time to adjust that.
The basic format is something like

Name:

Author(s):

Percent Completed:
(if not 100% a breakdown of whats not done. ie triggering, terraining etc)

Bugs:

About:

Because this post is going to be used to represent your map (even after the contest) you should make it fairly spiffy (especially in case you win). Screenshots are a plus. A list of features, objectives and a changelog are all good things to have.

The more complex the map the longer you should make the post
For a basic maze it'll probably be pretty short though

For a custom hero survival / builder / versus i expect it to be fairly long Razz

To submit your final map, email it to Clan_TMMM@hotmail.com

Again, for questions and/or concerns please post below or pm or email me

The people who are registered are:
Amazin[g]
KnightOfGodz
Hoffman
EatBaconDaily
Serenity09
[Someone else who didn't say their name]

Last edited by Serenity09 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:56 pm

I like it
and i will be taking first place Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 10:40 am

The judges are currently

Pat1487
FFSlayer
(and unless I can find someone who's not canadian) marksoccer

they can make any (reasonable) adjustments to the scoring for judges that they want

if you have questions or want to ask their opinion about how your game is coming along, they're the people to ask

Adjustment to the rule on map submission and instructions for actual map submission

You may submit multiple versions up until the end of the contest
only your last submission will be graded

Guideline for Map Submission

You must create a post in here writing as much as you want about your map. If you're worried that the judges won't get or misinterpret something you did, this is the time to adjust that.
The basic format is something like

Name:

Author(s):

Percent Completed:
(if not 100% a breakdown of whats not done. ie triggering, terraining etc)

Bugs:

About:

Because this post is going to be used to represent your map (even after the contest) you should make it fairly spiffy (especially in case you win). Screenshots are a plus. A list of features, objectives and a changelog are all good things to have.

The more complex the map the longer you should make the post
For a basic maze it'll probably be pretty short though

For a custom hero survival / builder / versus i expect it to be fairly long Razz

To submit your final map, email it to Clan_TMMM@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
hoffmann
Recruit
Recruit
hoffmann

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:55 am

Take me out. I've got too much going on at the moment and I'm going to be gone from the 17th to the 25th. If the end date gets moved back to later, then I'd make something, but otherwise, Hoff out.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 am

the end of the contest is delayed till mid july
somewhere around the 15th

that should be enough time
Back to top Go down
hoffmann
Recruit
Recruit
hoffmann

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Alright thats perfect. Thanks
Back to top Go down
13Phoenix
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:28 pm

im game to make a map cuz im bored
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:08 pm

it aint a party without ya hoff

and now that 13's here everythings gonna b awesome
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:40 pm

I know Seren/Bacon/Me are all making maps Kog/13 I have no idea about lol.

Back to top Go down
AvtoRiteT
Recruit
Recruit
AvtoRiteT

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Ok... Sign me up! Cool
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 4:10 pm

lol cool, but you got till like the 17th man i dont think ull finish a map buy then
Back to top Go down
AvtoRiteT
Recruit
Recruit
AvtoRiteT

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
lol cool, but you got till like the 17th man i dont think ull finish a map buy then

i'll get all the right tools and download the game after a week
i'll design the entire map on paper in the coming week
and it'll take me about 3/4 days with perfect organization to finish it

... do you realy know who you are up against ?
I'll destroy all of you Smile
Back to top Go down
AvtoRiteT
Recruit
Recruit
AvtoRiteT

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Take a look at my latest creations...
even tho i haven't played in a year or more... i'll be back in active duty in about a month or 2

Champion Maze XXL
The Blue [Silver Edition]
Drift King
The Italian Maze
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:12 pm

well first off its a map making contest, not necessarily a maze making contest

second of all, don't be so cocky
i played all your stuff and its pretty solid, but far from amazing
you haven't played anything by any of us

Quote :
Take a look at my latest creations...
idk about the rest, but the italian maze came out sometime 2009 lol

Last edited by Serenity09 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to be nicer... i guess)
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:34 pm

clearly im ganna win, my maps is just about finished and its violently awesome so you know u should just quit before you humiliate yourself ^^
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:15 am

i'd never heard of drift king
so i just played it

it was cool
did you do a combination of momentum with a hard cap on it?

but the point thing didn't really work
you made more points circling for 5 seconds then you did for beating the level
Back to top Go down
The_Chosen_Oreo
Corporal
Corporal
The_Chosen_Oreo

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:23 pm

Shocked A Map Making Contest....

My map is gonna win if I get it done before the 17th...

I don't know if I want to tell you people what it is yet... It might be too awesome and you might have heart attacks
Back to top Go down
AvtoRiteT
Recruit
Recruit
AvtoRiteT

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 4:52 pm

So seren am i registered or not ?
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:49 pm

yeah of course
every1 who wants to play can

if you do win, i wont give you shammy right away tho
im not even actually home right now, this is from my iphone
but in like a week or so ill b back and start playing again
before ne1 gets shammy i need to get to know them (or already know them well enough)
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:34 pm

when u have a moment you should probably update the participants at the top of the page
Back to top Go down
AvtoRiteT
Recruit
Recruit
AvtoRiteT

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:12 pm

I've made up my mind :/
I'll make my map when i'm placed in a better condition.
Iin about 2/3 months and btw i've bin in clan Tmmm before you even knew about it :p
Back to top Go down
The_Chosen_Oreo
Corporal
Corporal
The_Chosen_Oreo

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:33 pm

My map might not be done but i'll enter it on the 16th... Newgen screwed up the entire thing...
EDIT: Nope, it wont. I'm not entering a map as of now. However, I will work on xJass.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:59 am

avto wrote:
I've made up my mind :/
I'll make my map when i'm placed in a better condition.

im not totally sure what you're saying
and before i reply how i wanna reply i wanna be sure
so
do you mean that until i try bribing you with a better reward you won't grace us with your map?
or
that until you're physically/mentally in a better condition you're going to wait on it

if you're get the feelin that i'm not entirely fond of one of those options, you might wanna go with that feeling

Quote :
btw i've bin in clan Tmmm before you even knew about it :p
idk what to say
i guess i'm a lil scared that you've been following me for so long that you'd be able to say that
or maybe what i wanna say is "who cares"

Quote :
My map might not be done but i'll enter it on the 16th... Newgen screwed up the entire thing...
EDIT: Nope, it wont. I'm not entering a map as of now. However, I will work on xJass.
the xjass thing is pretty admirable, but i still would like to see you enter a map. the code you posted the other day looked really interesting.
whats wrong with your map? the only unreversable bug i know of is where your entire map is rewritten with every variable/function becoming scrambled
but thats only happened to me once and very rarely to the entire community
pat or i could probably fix whatever went wrong
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Well it seems onece again that im the only thatll be entering this contest >.>
btw amaz backed out 2
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:17 pm

I might turn in my half finished map that doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest   Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Warcraft 3 Map Making Contest
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next