Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Vindictus I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Vindictus I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Vindictus I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Vindictus I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Vindictus I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Vindictus I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Vindictus I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Vindictus I_vote_lcap26%Vindictus I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Vindictus I_vote_lcap35%Vindictus I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Vindictus I_vote_lcap19%Vindictus I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Vindictus I_vote_lcap0%Vindictus I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Vindictus I_vote_lcap0%Vindictus I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Vindictus I_vote_lcap10%Vindictus I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Vindictus I_vote_lcap10%Vindictus I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Vindictus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Vindictus   Vindictus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:12 pm

Vindictus is a free action MMORPG
Unlike most MMORPG's the quests arent kill x number of y creatures, or collect x number of items that are only dropped from y creatures z% of the time, or fetch x item from y person and use it in z area, or deliver x item to y person (though there are still at least 1 of those, but its short)

Most quests are mission areas that you have to play through, usually with a boss at the end, more similar to diablo 2 then a modern MMORPG
You could compare it to instances in WoW, but dozens of them, possibly 100s, so that you dont have to run the same 1 500 times (though by the end game im sure thats what will happen)
In any case its alot more entertaining then other MMORPGs ive played

It also has a physics engine which you almost never see in MMORPGs, the game is built on the source engine, the same engine used for portal, tf2, halflife 2, left for dead 1 and 2, every game valve makes
Which is really weird because its not listed on steam
The physics engine lets you pick up objects in the world and use the as weapons, including the corpses of fallen enemies which is fun

You can dl it for free from http://www.vindictus.com

But the game isnt perfect

Theres no PvP, yet, but its coming, i dont know when it will be out, but they have announced it

Theres only 3 classes currently, a mage, a dual weilding swordsman, and a shield and sword knight type class
Also the classes force you to be a specific gender (like in diablo 2), the mage and knight have to be a girl, while the dual weilding swordsman has to be male (my character is a girl because i wanted to play a mage)

The beginning of the game sets a very sexual suggestive tone (after the tutorial level)
The game doesnt seem to keep that going after that part though
I wouldnt pay much attention to it if i was playing a male character, but the game detects what gender you are (later on a male character calls you adorable as a girl, i havent played a male, but i highly doubt this character would still call you adorable) so the part with the girl at the beginning is definitively written like that on purpose, since they could have easily changed her dialog to be less sexual toward a girl character
This isnt really a problem though, the only problem is that they didnt keep it going
The whole conversation takes place with your view on a bed the whole time to

The game feels too easy, maybe i just havent gotten far enough, but i havent even taken a signle hit point of damage
Ive only played 4 missions worth of the game and am currently lvl 6 but not even the bosses have hurt me
The mage has this mana shield that seems to last infinitely
Infact i tried to find out how long it would last for (theres no true mana bar, when you cast spells you use stamina, certain spells have a long cd), the description for when it runs out just says that it will come back automatically if you dont take dmg for awhile
So i just traded blows with a boss without dodging and still ended up killing him before he broke the mana shield, i hope it gets harder

But my biggest complaint with the game so far is the underwear
During character creation you can see sample outfits (you cant keep them, but can see how your character would look in them)
One of these outfits had the character wearing short shorts and a very low cut top
When i got into the game i saw other people wearing this outfit, but the short shorts were extended by white, so they werent really short shorts anymore, and the low cut top had the cleavage blocked by white
I thought this was some sort of censoring thing that didnt take effect until after i entered the game (like it was bugged before i entered the game and didnt censor it) i hate censoring and intended to turn it off
After looking around i realized that this wasnt censoring, it was your underwear, and the only way to change it is to buy it with real money (via microtransactions, which is how the game can be free)
So then i thought, thats stupid, but whatever, and continued playing
Later i got a skirt, put it on (cause it was better then my current leg armor) and realized the underwear was big enough to stick out from under the skirt (the underwear is long enough to be considered a pair of shorts, like twice the length of short shorts)
And i hate when girls wear shorts under their skirts, it bothers me to no end
Pants under a skirt i can live with, but shorts, no, just no
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vindictus   Vindictus I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Quote :
Unlike most MMORPG's the quests arent kill x number of y creatures, or collect x number of items that are only dropped from y creatures z% of the time, or fetch x item from y person and use it in z area, or deliver x item to y person (though there are still at least 1 of those, but its short)

oh god
do you remember trying to get the bear paws in guild wars
like 20 fucking bears and not a single one had bear paws
looting sometimes makes very little sense
like "yeah i see them... its literally right there, been there the whole fight... buuuut i guess you'll be needing that when you resurrect and try to fight me again so ill just leave it"
looting usually bugs me in mmo's

Quote :
Theres no PvP, yet, but its coming, i dont know when it will be out, but they have announced it
i almost never like pvp in mmo's
the only game where i've really liked it was WAR, and it was the by far the funnest part of that game.

Quote :
I wouldnt pay much attention to it if i was playing a male character, but the game detects what gender you are (later on a male character calls you adorable as a girl, i havent played a male, but i highly doubt this character would still call you adorable) so the part with the girl at the beginning is definitively written like that on purpose, since they could have easily changed her dialog to be less sexual toward a girl character
you're right, if you're male he calls you "sex kitten"

it sounds fun though
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vindictus   Vindictus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:04 pm

isn't this game made by nexon?
i think
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vindictus   Vindictus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:33 pm

Yes and no
They are more like the publisher in most cases with the games they have
They took over devcats, which is who made this game in the first place, so it is theirs now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vindictus   Vindictus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vindictus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: Other Games-
Jump to: