Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_lcap26%Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_lcap35%Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_lcap19%Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_lcap0%Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_lcap0%Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_lcap10%Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_lcap10%Get the galaxy editor early I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Get the galaxy editor early

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Get the galaxy editor early Empty
PostSubject: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:23 am

The patch was officially released, you no longer need to use this tutorial to get it

After more then 2 hours of searching 4 hours of dling and 3 years of waiting i finally have the galaxy editor

It hasnt been released officially, the official patch will probably be on friday
But you can get it right now

Requirements:
MPQEditor (http://www.brothersoft.com/games/starcraft-2-ladik-s-mpq-editor.html)
A torrent client (http://utorrent.com)
Sc2 beta installed

Warning:
This will most likely break your sc2 install, i recommend making a copy of your sc2 beta folder
You dont need to copy all of the old Base#### folders from the version folder

Steps:

1. Dl this: http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/sc2patch/update/B15073B/sc2-0.10.0.14803-0.11.0.15073-x86-Win-enUS-game-component-dl
2. Use the mpqeditor to open it
3. Extract the .torrent
4. Open the torrent with your torrent client and let it dl
5. Copy the file that it dls (sc2-0.10.0.14803-0.11.0.15073-x86-Win-enUS-game) to StarCraft II Beta\Support
6. Rename it to sc2-patch.mpq
7. Run BlizzardUpdater.exe which is in the same folder
8. Once blizzard updater is finished delete sc2-patch.mpq
8. Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?wmqiy5zzmmz
9. Extract sc2-0.10.0.14803-0.11.0.15073-x86-Win-enUS-locale to StarCraft II Beta\Support (disregard the torrent file)
10. Rename it to sc2-patch.mpq
11. Run BllizzardUpdater.exe again
12. Once its finished delete sc2-patch.mpq
13. Start the galaxy editor
14. Have fun

Last edited by Pat1487 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:47 am

or i could wait one day...
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:24 am

9 ours of work to gain a 24 head start, it might just be me, but thats a lil excessive pat lol
-
I ASSUME THERES A MAC VERSION OF THAT EDITOR? Razz
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:45 am

You wouldnt understand my madness

The final few steps of this are alot more involved then i thought theyd be
I was expecting a simple copy and paste over the old files

When i figure it out there will be no way for me to explain it to you guys
And since the people that have posted here seem to not want this, im not even going to try to finish it
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:51 am

lol poor pat
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:40 am

Quote :
or i could wait one day...
or you could say thanks for trying and show some appreciation for pat having just stayed up 9 hours for your benefit... :/

Quote :
lol poor pat
foo' I was up the whole time too Razz . pat was certainly more key to getting to where we got, but still you have absolutely no idea how goddamn awful it was to get almost so damn close and then be denied by how they have the patch process set up.
but still, pat -- i'll keep looking for a bit longer. if you still have any sanity left after all that you should go to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Ok i figured it out

Ill update the original post soon

Its surprisingly more easy then i originally thought
And we were missing the most important part

Ill put up a better link to the locale later
The torrent for it has 0 seeds, so thats why zshared was used
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 pm

lol i didnt mean to be mean to pat. thanks for the info but im gonna wait one day.

EDIT: THE PATCH IS ALREADY OUT FOR ANY OF YOU PPL WHO ARE THINKING OF GETTING A HEAD START ON THE EDITOR (put that in caps not to rub it into pats face but to make it obvious that the patch is out)
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 pm

lol nerds

Sadly i wont be able to join you guys in sc2 for probably a whole year :'(

Long Story short, the government is funding my dads computure (helping disabled people make their own online job) and they have decided to stop funding him if they let me play games on his computer (you wonder how they know? well the send a guy over once a month to clean up my dads computer and shit, everytime he finds war3 he is super pissed lol, and because he is too stupid to be able to lock me out they just went to their final alternative :'(.)

I really wont play war3 much more often anymore - and this time its legit serious lol

The only time i can really play is at a friend house :'(
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Why don't you either uninstall wc3 or hide it on an external hard drive when he comes?

And yeah, it always sucks to be around bitches for that time of month
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:01 pm

burned amaz
i mean... i feel bad for you...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:04 pm

yeaahhh seren this guy has a phd. in like computer software or something.

hes like fucking smart lol
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:38 pm

but not smart enough to block a game haha
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:31 pm

no he just uninstalled it...
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:31 pm

if all he does is uninstall it, all you need to do is uninstall it... if that hasnt worked in the past, he probably found some left over maps scattered around the computer. just delete your maps folder and then search for warcraft files and get rid of those as well (search the extension), its not like you ever need to host.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Serenity theres more to it than that...

Lets say I were to do what you said, i would have to completely remove all war3 shit from my computer every month and make sure that i deleted everything. If i left any traces of my playing war3 on my computer they would pull funding on my dad and that would mean countless thousands of dollars the government has paid for my dad to help him start a business would be pulled because of me wanting to game.

Now if you took the time to read that, i think you can understand why I believe it would be super dick of me to play war3 because the chances of me deleting 100% of war3 after each month is more like a 60/40 chance.... and thats shitty chances.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:03 pm

No I agree, you playing would be completely douchey if couldn't make sure there wasn't a trace left. I still don't understand how you leave stuff just lying around everywhere... to clean out my laptop it would take ~1 minute(s) not including uninstall times

But once again - staying away from it for awhile will probably be best.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Amazing wrote:
Long Story short, the government is funding my dads computure (helping disabled people make their own online job) and they have decided to stop funding him if they let me play games on his computer (you wonder how they know? well the send a guy over once a month to clean up my dads computer and shit, everytime he finds war3 he is super pissed lol, and because he is too stupid to be able to lock me out they just went to their final alternative :'(.)

What your saying doesnt make alot of sense

Sending someone to your house every month to check for stuff on your comp doesnt seem like something the government would do, they would have a way to check that stuff remotely

If they told him not to use it for certain things then he would have more then 1 computer unless he doesnt use the computer for anything other then work, which just seems unlikely

Helping disabled people with making their own online job wouldnt require a dedicated computer to use for it that the government would force you to use a certain way
The whole point of an online job is so they can do it from their house, so setting it up would mean your dad physically going there and setting it up on their computer for them to use
Even if there was some special software for it all he would need is a flash drive

You said the guy is too stupid to lock you out yet he has a phd in computer science
Im a student of computer science and even i would be able to lock you out
Although i think i did end up helping you get past the lock, i cant remember if i told you how or not, if i didnt tell you how then theres no excuse for him not being able to lock you out

But lets say what you say does make sense
All you would need is an external harddrive or at least a 2gb flashdrive (1gb if you dont plan to have too many maps)
Put wc3 on there, so there are no files on the comp at all, and play it from there
When your not playing you can carry the drive with you, or store it in your room

Once the drive isnt in your computer theres no trace of it ever being on the computer, nothing to uninstall, or worry about having to delete

Achilles.42 wrote:
9 ours of work to gain a 24 head start, it might just be me, but thats a lil excessive pat lol

It ended up being like a 7 hour head start once i got it working, and even then i spent part of that time in class
And i wasnt even able to make triggers with it

Would i do it again?
No, not after seeing the official patch
Was it worth it at the time?
Yes
Should i have made a tutorial for something that i knew would only be good for less then a day?
No, i only did it to put a topic in this section
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Pat1487 wrote:

But lets say what you say does make sense
All you would need is an external harddrive or at least a 2gb flashdrive (1gb if you dont plan to have too many maps)
Put wc3 on there, so there are no files on the comp at all, and play it from there
When your not playing you can carry the drive with you, or store it in your room

Once the drive isnt in your computer theres no trace of it ever being on the computer, nothing to uninstall, or worry about having to delete

Think about it like this pat, why would i lie... i haven't been on war3 for like a week or something... lol.

Secondly WTF?
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=2gb+external+hard+drive&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=16830537134006410051&ei=HPvUS-TiHsT38Aa69624Dw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBgQ8wIwAg#ps-sellers

Pat would that work? Cus this seems like a possible solution.

BUT the big problem is that he uninstalled war3 because he found virus's from it i think, or thats my dad being a retard.
-All i need to know is that 100% there will be no trace of war3 ever from this, including virus's maps anything.

Course i wont map make or have vent anymore either.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Theres no virus from wc3, anymore

And yeah that would work
Its a bit pricey for 2gb though
I would get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820241103
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:58 pm

no no, amaz you need this MINIMUM best solution! click me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get the galaxy editor early   Get the galaxy editor early I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get the galaxy editor early
Page 1 of 1