Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_lcap26%Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_lcap35%Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_lcap19%Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_lcap0%Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_lcap0%Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_lcap10%Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_lcap10%Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1

Go down 
+4
Iord.
Pat1487
marksoccer
bloodasb
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Empty
PostSubject: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture24
Black is Trigger\Pink is object\Blue is test (your map)

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture31

Before doing anything click scenario on top and pick the yellow doted one.. This lets you change what your map will be seen as when people are hosting (i.e. Maze of foolishness will be under create games) or on pats bot !dmaps maze of f nad thats how you find it)

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture32

the pink dot is where you change what the loading screen looks like, and what it says in there I.e

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture33

the Red dot is where you have to change All the players (that you want) to user controlled, and the bad people to computer controlled and check off fixed at start location, you can also change what are they are, it looks nicer if they are all the same except bad guy.

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture22

and the blue dot changes the forces So that their are two different teams, to amke the second force click sutom forces and then click fixed player settings, click add force then check off what i have checked off, nothing more (drag brown ove the words force 2 to place him on the other team)

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture34

------------------------------------------------------Begining of it all-----------------------------------------------------------

1) well starting off first you need to go to trigger editor and delete (right click and click delete) the folder that says map initialzation then just go back to the map when finished. ( x out of trigger editor)

2) go to object editor and change hero skills to basic endurance, unholy aruas and Wind walk, and attacks enabled to None (here u can change the name of your heros if you would like to). After this is done go back to map. ( x out of object editor)

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture25

3) now you can start laying down your tiles, arrange them in any way you like ( how you would like your maze to go )

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture15

4) when you are done you should put regions in and your map should now look like this

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture16

5) place staring points stacked on top of each other for the ammount of players you want (i.e red,blue,teal all the way to brown) (i only did up to orange for the sake of time) note: when stacked on top of each other they change into one color

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture28
(stacked)
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture26

Repeat step 2 almost and edit the creeps you want (i.e. change peasents to not have an attack and to ahve the skill neutral invulerability. and shooting people to have 1000 dmg

6) start placing creeps for brown (or your bad person color) and demon hunters (one each per color (not brown xD) at che

Your map should now look like this

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture2

7) You ask yourself how do i make units move?? dont be afraid !! just open up trigger editor!! ( pink if yu look at top of post)

Cool when in trigger editor make a trigger named start, and make it look like this.

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture5

9) create a folder names Lvl 1 and put in a new trigger .. just name it move creeps1, etc.
looks like, make new event = map initialzation and new action = unit - issue unit to a target point, click the red thing that says unit and put in the unit u want ( select unit next to variable and high light the unit you want) then cahnge move to to patrol to and the point to the region u created for it to patrol to)

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture4

(if you havent noticed by now, the begining of the action and event tells you what group it is in (I.E. unit - means you click the top of the thing that says -All and scroll down to the one that started the actions im showing you)

10) now i would say you should try your map out ( on top the color blue ) make sure u hit save ... wen u save agree to what it tells you and save it somewhere you know.

11) copy step 8 (just make another trigger not folder (i.e. creep move2) and so on, when you think you are finished test your map again to see if they are moving.

12) hold the phone!! you want to die when u hit units so create a new trigger and make it look like this

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture6

copy that for each player ( sorry about peasent just i deleted map xD so make peasent = demonhunter 001 (or red's demonhunters number) and so on ( make sure u are changing the demon hunters)

13) wait blood we also need people to die when they step off path !! go back into trigger editor and create a trigger called path1 (or waht ever you want just make sure you know what it is :O) make sure u put in the pathing regions ( reffer to number 4's picture) you have to do this repetitavly so a whole lvl might be path1 - path22 all with different regions ) (all diff triggers)

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture7

If you are lazy like me just download a region generator from
here (dont ask me how to use it use the websites tut's) but for what i know plug in the first path region and the last and it will make your regions (in jass) ( WTF IS JASS??) just make a new trigger and click use custom script (i hope you copied what the generator gave you!!) and paste it in there Very Happy (if that doesnt work .. DO IT THE LEGIT WAY Muhaahahahah) (usually takes hours for maps sometimes days legit way :DDDDDD) hehe

Notes; 1) if you want mortars to attack its similar to step 8 but instead of patrol to you make it attack ground (found in the same scroll list) when using mortars use object editor to make their attack more points.
If you would not want to use regions, i suggest you follow this system made by my friend 3ice. Note that this is something you might want to copy then paste into your trigger editor ( only works for sliding + terrain kill maps )
3ice's blog dl

There is a simple tutorial on how to make a simple mazing map! by:bloodasb

Last edited by bloodasb on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:02 pm

thats good blood but u need to show patrols and how did u get the screen shots?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:12 pm

With Print Screen, or w/e macs have that does what print screen does, and photoshop
And I don't think hes done yet, probably should wait till he finished to reply
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:46 pm

good idea Very Happy so i cant do that cause i have dont have a mac?
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:09 pm

No just print screen and Edit with photo shop if your on Pc to make those pics , i just simply took a picture using command shift 4 Smile and If you need help with anything /w bloodasb on wc3 and ill give u help adn advice../
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:02 pm

ok blood Very Happy gj btw again
Back to top Go down
Iord.
Corporal
Corporal
Iord.

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:13 pm

ty bloodasb, my brother wanted to be a mapmaker. Now this is good tutorials for my bro so ill tell him to read this one.

EDIT: i know this pictures.. you copied them from limiter's tutorial ;p
but idc, glad u found them anyway.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 11:01 pm

How ironic that blood copied limiteR, lol
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:08 pm

HEY IM SOMEWHERE TO BE SEEN YOU WHORE! i was just sort of in hiding and whatnot drugs women alchohol you know
plus the regions are bad on the one
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:03 pm

lol thats pics i took from my first maze escape the rape xD
: D nvr finished it and i learned most o my shit from it Smile
dude macs are super simple Very Happy you just have to hit cmd-shift-4 then take picutures.. i admit i made my first maze from looking at that tut But that is mine Smile heres a pic of mine and his <.>

Why would i even copy someone? Its a tutorial about the begining of a maze... I think that they would be pretty similar..... gawd dam ur retards

NOTICE THAT MINE ARE MAC AND HIS ARE WINDOWS
his
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture16
Mine
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture4-1
His
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture5-1
Mine
Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 Picture6-1
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:10 am

blood calm down its not a bad thing i copy things from people all the time, plus you guys are losers learning to make mazes from tutorials, i figured it all out on my own cuz im sexy.
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:10 am

I know I know Just i dont like being accused of stealing something so simple as a starter tutorial for my own use.. it only took me an hour to make and i was bored during the whole thing but i finished it anyways lol :p
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:01 pm

SO YOU ADMIT YOU STOLE IT!!! no jk lol its not that bad
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:32 pm

For the sake of bumping i will bump this
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:42 pm

why bump it? its sticky and you should make part 2! ive been NEEDING IT BLOOD IM A NOOB AT MAZE MAKING MARK DID ALL OF MOWW2 I JUST THREATENED HIM SO HE PUT MY NAME ON IT \cry Sad

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:47 pm

Dont bump stickies

*Rule added to general forum rules
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:48 pm

hmmm i didnt remember that it was a sticky... Hmmm lol and yea mark would fail at making his own maze, which is why he made 2.5 which was a "small" map with 3 lvls lol (he would have a stroke i he did more than 3 lvls on any map)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Ty for this tutorial it helped me learn the basics :] + rep !!!
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:28 pm

lol yw
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:24 am

LOL i just noticed nearly all my posts in this i was a douche and i got -repped on them for it O.o and blood ive been waiting so long for part 2! I CANT FINISH MY MAZE WITHOUT IT!! Sad
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:01 pm

lol ill make one when i feel like opening my WE =/// + idk what some things i would put ?? theres already slidng a wheel trigg, terrain slide and kill and theres not much left to.. CAMS! oh wait already bbeen done MASS CREA.. already been done,.. there really isnt much more to add then just mkae a nice storyline and try to make ur units make sense
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:05 pm

i know u posted this awhile ago blood, but i only just saw it, kuz u posted this when i was gone. any way...

THIS IS UNEXCEPTABLE! U MADE IT SOUND LIKE U WERE GUNA POST A SECOND PART BY SAYING PT1! I DEMAND U MAKE ATLEAST 1 MORE PART!!@!#!@$
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:23 pm

fine fine ill make another part later today ;D ay ideas on what to make it aboot (what hasent been done..) (becasue i mainly stopped because most stuff was and is already done now ;O
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:25 pm

u can talk about how u should keep region rules the same. i.e dont change how tight ur regions are, especially on corners. enless of course theres a dramatic change of terrain type, so u have to change it.

theres lots u can talk about ><
Back to top Go down
BonoMania
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 8:15 am

Gj blood Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1   Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maze making Tutorial O_o pt1
Page 1 of 1