Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_lcap26%The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_lcap35%The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_lcap19%The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_lcap0%The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_lcap0%The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_lcap10%The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_lcap10%The Ultimate Sliding System I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

The Ultimate Sliding System

Go down 
+4
Achilles.42
Pat1487
FaMoUs
NoobleT
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NoobleT
Recruit
Recruit
NoobleT

The Ultimate Sliding System Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:11 pm

v1.6

Why is this the best/easiest slide system?
-It is simple to use, and has an easy setup.
-Choice between using regions OR terrain checks
-Highly customizable
-No leaks, No lag
-Uses only natives, saving precious memory/cpu.
-Works with RoC

How do I install it?

1.) First download this map.

2.) Open it in WE and open your map also.

3.) Make sure to go to File -> Preferences -> and check "Automatically create unkown variables when pasting trigger data."

4.) Copy every category except "README" and "Misc" into your map.

5.) Make sure to set up the variables/regions/events. (especially remember to add all of your runners to the unit group 'Slideables')

6.) Test it out, any bugs/suggestions/comments would gladly be taken ITT.

----
Credits to Koga73 for pathing the way to what sliding has become, and Limiter for popularizing it.

PLEASE READ THE README IN THE MAP BEFORE POSTING.
Back to top Go down
FaMoUs
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:00 am

Btw great job Jake. Easiest slide system i have used.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:21 pm

The leaklessness of it is nice, and it runs smooth
The customization is also really nice

But the turning is odd
I cant tell if its too sluggish or too responsive, its hard to explain
Playing in single player, so it wasnt delay or anything, but i would circle and it wouldnt feel like it was following my mouse, or i would weave around and it was like it would turn towards my mouse but not go in the direction it was facing right away

Best way i can describe it is that either the turning is too fast for the sliding, or the sliding is too slow for the turning, not the slide speed, but the trigger itself

Its like they need to be balanced out with eachother

Also turning while your not supposed to be able to turn is too easy
I know in alot of maps when you click alot you eventually turn to the place your clicking, but in this its very easy to do, i completed the test maps maze with turning off, which should be impossible because of the end

But overall its a good sliding system, a few tweaks to the turning and it would be perfect
Back to top Go down
NoobleT
Recruit
Recruit
NoobleT

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 1:53 am

updatd it again, this time it has Offset terrain check's and I changed some minor stuff around. this map is officially SEXY!!

enjoy my love(s)
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:39 am

get off the drugs pat

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NoobleT
Recruit
Recruit
NoobleT

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 6:32 pm

>jk i know what ur saying

What is he saying??

It seems fine to me o_O
Back to top Go down
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:02 pm

for the straight sliding without being able to click, just do every time they click make them force the UI key S which stops them. or you could try disabling cntrl but i dont suggest that cause its not rly good. you could also just make the unit face the angle it's already facing once someone click, because it'll continue to go in the direction already given without tricking the DH

i use it and i love it :DDD
Back to top Go down
NoobleT
Recruit
Recruit
NoobleT

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:23 pm

Dark, to fix the problem, change the timeStep variable inside the Variables trigger to 0.01
Back to top Go down
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:24 pm

kk ty
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:24 pm

hmmmmmmmmmm i love it ;D i know what ach n pat r talking aboot tho...
Back to top Go down
NoobleT
Recruit
Recruit
NoobleT

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:53 pm

New update, check it outttt

still don't know what you guys think is wrong with the turning, try messing around with the timeStep variable..
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:10 pm

The turning while turning is off is a lot better now, you can still turn if you try hard enough, but it it doesnt always work, so thats fine

The thing i was talking about before where it doesnt follow where you click, just weave and spin between those 2 patrollers in the middle lane at the begining, or the 2 at the top near the end for a couple mins and you might see what im talking about

After about 3 mins of spinning/weaving through the paths of the top 2 patrollers near the end i ended up turning in the opposite direction that i was actually turning in
Back to top Go down
NoobleT
Recruit
Recruit
NoobleT

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:40 pm

Yeah, try setting different timeStep values, it might effect turning while turning is enabled too. It directly effects the bug of turning while turning is disabled (i.e., with a higher timeStep value, the bug will be more frequent)

>i ended up turning in the opposite direction that i was actually turning in

Sorry but I doubt that. The math in the turning trigger is constant and it's math so it's never wrong. Maybe you clicked on the same line your runner was sliding in and it appeared to go in an opposite direction?

example:
Code:
X = Runner, > = Sliding direction, O = order point
----O-----X------->
Back to top Go down
GOVO
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:26 am

I was looking for a good laggless leakless sliding system, and i think this one may be the best.

I read on the first post that this is RoC compatible. Nice, i only got RoC. But the map to see and try the system is TFT !! =(

I also read the posts on thehiveworkshop about ur tutorial, and someone said "nice cuz this map is .w3m so it works for RoC".

So is there anyway i can get that old .w3m map ?
Or someone explain the system ?
Or link me somewhere to a tutorial about skating (even if its not nooblet's method) ?

I just need my map to skate ; )

I already opened the .w3x map with JassCraft but it's too messy to understand anything about this system. Thx in advance.

Last edited by GOVO on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:56 am

you could always just use 3ice's tut
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:50 pm

GOVO wrote:
So is there anyway i can get that old .w3m map ?
Or someone explain the system ?
Or link me somewhere to a tutorial about skating (even if its not nooblet's method) ?

http://www.3ice.hu/blog/3ice-sliding-system-for-roc-v3/
Back to top Go down
GOVO
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:03 pm

Thats really helpful ! Thanks a lot ^^
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:42 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:13 am

aroon having fun posting your patrolling jass code eh?
and govo i didnt say exctly what arun said
"you can use 3ices tut" - me
"(link to 3ices tut)" - aroon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Sliding System   The Ultimate Sliding System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Sliding System
Page 1 of 1