Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_lcap26%---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_lcap35%---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_lcap19%---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_lcap0%---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_lcap0%---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_lcap10%---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_lcap10%---Mazing Triggers--- I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

---Mazing Triggers---

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

---Mazing Triggers--- Empty
PostSubject: ---Mazing Triggers---   ---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:15 pm

This is for people who want/need mazing triggers that they can't find out on their own. (All variables will be noted at the end)

Initialization:

This will help you organize your map so that you know where all your starting triggers will go...

---Mazing Triggers--- New111

Keep in mind to make the Event say Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds because some triggers don't work on Map Initialization
This trigger will make all of browns' units invulnerable and have no collision. (depending)
Also, customize your leaderboard to say whatever the name of your map is.
If you don't know how to actually GET these triggers because you're a bad mapper, just /w me in game.

Collision:

This is the collision trigger where if your Demon Hunter for example runs into a footmen owned by player brown, your Demon Hunter will die. (I didn't add the leaving players, unused play slots, and -kill command triggers because they're easy and simple enough to do)

---Mazing Triggers--- New210

The 52.50 is the range in which your Demon Hunter will die and the flying hight condition is only if you're using a jump trigger in your map.

Continues:

This is if you and all of your allies are dead, you can have a second or third chance.

---Mazing Triggers--- New310

This is if you run out of continues.

---Mazing Triggers--- New410

You can customize your messages, words, and number of continues.

Checkpoints:

This is if you reach the next level, you and your fellow Demon Hunters will be revived and if you die, you will revive there instead of father back. (The triggering Demon Hunter will be awarded 1 level up for completing a level)

---Mazing Triggers--- New510

The Event is the region in which covers the checkpoint. Revive point is just a variable that makes the trigger and other triggers easier to do. It is also the point in which the Demon Hunters with revive in.

Patrols:

You all probably know how to do patrols so if you want to learn how to be more efficient ill show you how to do it in JASS.

---Mazing Triggers--- New610

Now, you're probably thinking...WTF? It's simple though. The four letter word oshm is just raw data for Orc Shaman. At the bottom you see it say something about Rect 007. That is the region that, if entered, will trigger all the units to start patrolling. The rest is obvious.

Unit Kill:

After beating a level, the units in that previous level aren't going to be used anymore so this trigger removes them.

---Mazing Triggers--- New710

The Event is the region that you must enter to trigger the removing of the creeps and the units in (Units in Region 006 <gen>) are the units that will be removed (if in that region) if the trigger is triggered.

This is the end of my tutorial. Try experimenting with all sorts of triggers because fun triggers like making your unit chance color and size makes your map more enjoyable. If you want ANY triggers or ANY help just /w me in game. (FYI I know all of you know how to do region kill and terrain kill because there are other tutorials on it ALONG with the sliding triggers (I posted the backwards sliding trigger on the forums))

Variables:

---Mazing Triggers--- New810

Enjoy!

Edit: Complete

Last edited by X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: ---Mazing Triggers---   ---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:32 pm

wow... make it harder to read?
Back to top Go down
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

PostSubject: Re: ---Mazing Triggers---   ---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Ach, i fixed the visibility just for you!
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: ---Mazing Triggers---   ---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:58 pm

yea that looks alot better, but a couple of them look weird, like there pictures from a printer, and the printer was running out of ink when they printed them. so they look all faded, only 2 though, the others are fine.
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: ---Mazing Triggers---   ---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:02 am

for the defeat and the continues triggers it would be imnumerably better to have the event be "unit - unit dies" then an and condition for if triggering unit is demon hunter AND all demon hunters are DED
Back to top Go down
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

PostSubject: Re: ---Mazing Triggers---   ---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:00 pm

it works the same kog its just less complicated
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: ---Mazing Triggers---   ---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:15 pm

no my way causes less leaks - therefore mine. is better.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: ---Mazing Triggers---   ---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Knight is right, sorta

With darks way that trigger runs 30 times a minute, most of the time being put to waste since they are all alive

If you do "event -unit of type demon hunter dies" with the rest of it the same way, it runs 11 times before being used

Its not really a memory leak, but darks way does waste time and power, causeing map lag

Although the rest of that trigger could use alot of improvement to, but it does work
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: ---Mazing Triggers---   ---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:19 pm

see pat agrees with me hence im always right! obey me!
Back to top Go down
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

PostSubject: Re: ---Mazing Triggers---   ---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:52 pm

hell no and i understand im just lazy and its not that important when making a simple map so IM RIGHT BOW DOWN TO ME KOG
Back to top Go down
KevKevQaz
Recruit
Recruit
KevKevQaz

PostSubject: Re: ---Mazing Triggers---   ---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:40 pm

ummmmmm
Idk but how do u get a trigger to be in jass or so u can write
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: ---Mazing Triggers---   ---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:12 pm

theres an action called "custom script" or you go to EDIT - convert to custom text to make it jass :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ---Mazing Triggers---   ---Mazing Triggers--- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

---Mazing Triggers---
Page 1 of 1