Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_lcap26%How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_lcap35%How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_lcap19%How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_lcap0%How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_lcap0%How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_lcap10%How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_lcap10%How to make and use a custom tile I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

How to make and use a custom tile

Go down 
+4
AmAzIn[G]
Knight of Gods
Achilles.42
Pat1487
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

How to make and use a custom tile Empty
PostSubject: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:09 pm

What you need before we start:

A custom tile is a 256x256 tga pic with 16 squares, each square is 64x64, each 1 of those 64x64 squares is a tile

Ill color code it below
How to make and use a custom tile Exampleb

Repeating Tile
Alternate Repeating Tile
Outer Corner Tiles
Straight Edge tiles
Diagonal Tiles
Inner Corner Tiles

That might be hard to understand so ill put it in world editor to make it easier to see whats happening

Image:
Spoiler:
(I threw some footmen down for no real reason)

In that pic you can see that the green tiles are straight edges, blue outer corners, and cyan inner corners

The red and orange are the repeating (this is using random variation, but you can pick between them with 0 or 1 under the use random variation check box)
Theres no yellow cause i forgot to put down some diagonal terrain when i took the pic

The easiest way is to just open an existing tile like grass or whitemarble and change it from there (you can get the blp for them with MPQEditor)
For more repeating tile variation you can use a 512X256 tga pic, the extra space is used for more repeating tiles

Once you make the pic (using either photoshop of GIMP) and convert it to blp using (wc3 viewer)
Import the blp into World Editor with the import manager

Change the custom path of the imported file to the tile you want to replace, lets say you want to replace lordaeron summer grass, the path would be TerrainArt\LordaeronSummer\Lords_Grass.blp
Save your map and restart world editor

Now whenever you put grass down your tile will be put in its place

Last edited by Pat1487 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:35 pm

ouch pat, out of all the sticky tutorials here, urs has the least views!
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:16 pm

i just steal custom tiles from other maps.... i mean HI PAT cough cough

btw anyone wanna use shroom worlds tiles?
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:34 pm

OMG PAT I JUST REALIZED U BROKE RULES! UR SUPOSED TO ADD SPOILERS TO PIC'S LIKE THIS! ITS A PAGE BREAKER! GET A FUCKING SPOILER ON THAT THING RIGHT F-ING NOW!~
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:38 pm

OMGOMG OMG PAT give pat1487 a warning for breaking rules!!!
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:09 pm

A WARNING? NO NO NO! HE IS SUSPENDED FROM CHIEF FOR FOREVER! AND ALL USE OF BOTS IS GONE FOR HIM! (no pointing out he owns bots)
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 12:18 am

i second this motion and since ach is peon and cant be chief pat has to give chief to me
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:49 am

Achilles.42 wrote:
ouch pat, out of all the sticky tutorials here, urs has the least views!

Well mine was in another thread, so i took that post out and turned it into this

And it doesnt break the page, or at least not for me
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:51 am

i have no idea what "page breaker" actually means, but it amkes it so theres this huge scroll bar and when i try to go up or down it makes it go side to side, a and its annoying! PUT A SPOILER ON THAT THING

AND LOG ON ALRDY!!!
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 2:19 pm

lol ach youve posted like 10 posts all tellin pat to log on! :p
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 3:30 pm

pst pat, ur pic is still breaking the page! ADD A SPOILER ALREADY~!

that was just so this isent TO off topic, Log on or ill leave!
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:54 pm

how do i make tiles transparent?

can i do it in gimp?
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:44 pm

im pretty sure just plain white is transparent
Back to top Go down
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X
Sergeant
Sergeant
X.x-D.a.r.K-x.X

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:58 pm

i want a cool ruins tile
Back to top Go down
olonavy
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:12 pm

plain white doesnt work unless u mean alpha'd, so yeah i think an alphad terrain would work
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:43 am

my god... u STILL havnet fucking fixed this pat! it still breaks the page!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:23 am

Idk what i was thinking when i took that pic, i shouldve resized the window to fit on this page

And i used imgshack to upload it, which i never do

Anyway, i fixed it
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:30 am

only took u like 6 months
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]232
Corporal
Corporal
AmAzIn[G]232

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:40 pm

how do i make tiles transparent?
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:52 pm

it would probably be equivalent to a black tile
i dont know whats underneath the in game bounds textures
im guessing black though. maybe the photoshop style checkered white and grey, but probably just black
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:31 pm

You cant make transparent tiles

You can make part of a tile appear translucent though
Youd need a solid tile, then something that looks transparent on top

For example, you can take a tile like dirt and add semi transparent brown spots on it to give the illusion of shallow mud puddles on the dirt

I havent actually tried anything like that so im not sure if tga can use transparency
And even if you can force it, most likely once it becomes blp i dont think transparency will work
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]232
Corporal
Corporal
AmAzIn[G]232

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:12 pm

^Either you're misunderstanding me, or had no idea what I am talking about lol.

Dalaran White Marble has gray as a transparent color.

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/tilesets.php

Look at the pic of the terrain.
The gray obviously does not show up, but even when I use that color gray in photoshop it is not transparent, but instead shows up as gray. Bloodasb used to edit them for me because of some reason, I really can't remember how to do it, or maybe why I couldn't do it... :/
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:29 pm

Thats not transparency
Transparent color doesnt even make sense, if it did we would have colors like invisible pink

It says what will show up right on that page
That example uses photo impact, but its the same in photoshop

Just use an existing tile if thats not working for you
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:43 pm

you can have transparency, i did it once on accident

what it seemed to do was the transparent parts were effected by whatever tile was next to the tile with the transparency

that is if i remember correctly...

it was in my Maze of Awesomeness (ithink that was its name)
no one ever played it tho :'(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make and use a custom tile   How to make and use a custom tile I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to make and use a custom tile
Page 1 of 1