Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
The Walking Dead (game) I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
The Walking Dead (game) I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
The Walking Dead (game) I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
The Walking Dead (game) I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
The Walking Dead (game) I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
The Walking Dead (game) I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
The Walking Dead (game) I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_lcap26%The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_lcap35%The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_lcap19%The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_lcap0%The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_lcap0%The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_lcap10%The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_lcap10%The Walking Dead (game) I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

The Walking Dead (game)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

The Walking Dead (game) Empty
PostSubject: The Walking Dead (game)   The Walking Dead (game) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Steam page:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/

The Walking Dead Season 1 is an adventure game that takes place during a zombie apocalypse where you have to make really tough decisions in an attempt to survive
You dont need to know anything about The Walking Dead to play the game, the game has no connection to the show other than taking place in the same world (theres no connection to the characters from the show)
It is the best adventure game ive ever played, and its 1 of the best games ive ever played period, id go as far to say that its a masterpiece

Its very dialog heavy, most of the game is talking about stuff and making decisions, but there are some action scenes, in terms of adventure games this is 1 of the most action packed adventure games
The writing is very good, the choices you make effect the story as you go and during my playthrough everything felt seemlessly put together as if that was the intended story rather than a story that kept updating/changing itself as i went along and made choices, yet it still made me feel like my decisions mattered and that i was the driving force behind the story
At times made me regret my choices since i felt responsible for when things went poorly when i definitely could have done things differently

I have no complaints with it
When i played i had several technical issues, my save wouldnt carry over between episodes (the full game is released 1 episode at a time over the course of about a year, theres 5 episodes) and once it saved the wrong choice some how, and during episode 5 my mouse and some of the UI vanished which made it a lot more difficult to play
But I was able to fix the save issues without too much trouble and after trying to fix Ep 5 i couldnt and just ended up playing it without being able to see my mouse or most of the UI (i was able to see the dialog choices which is all that mattered), i actually feel like it made ep 5 better during a few scenes
The save issue was a common thing, but im sure those issues are fixed by now, so im not complaining about it

The game has a sequel, The Walking Dead Season 2
http://store.steampowered.com/app/261030/

It continues the story of season 1 but isnt as good, its still good and should be played, but its just not as well written in comparison to the first
It has some other problems too, which i cant go into without spoilers, so ill try to be as vague as possible here
It does something that i havent seen an adventure game do before and because of that it changed the way i played, at first i thought the problems the game had were my fault for playing differently, but the game also changes the way it plays due to it so it wasnt my fault but i was making the problem worse by playing the way i was playing
In the end though i was satisfied with it and cant wait for Season 3

For those that already played it
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead (game)   The Walking Dead (game) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 7:32 pm

I played this series a couple of months ago and I cant wait for the next one coming out early next year.
Pat1487 wrote:
It is the best adventure game ive ever played, and its 1 of the best games ive ever played period, id go as far to say that its a masterpiece
I have to agree with this, ive been trying to tell people that its really great but no one ever has time or seems convinced enough to give it a try.  Its the only game ive really been into the characters and have had emotions for them.

As for my in-game choices:
Spoiler:

there is also a GoT game like this, but i heard it wasnt as good as this series. (ive always thought game of thrones was extremely boring except for 5-10 mins per season even tho the game should be completely different than the show)
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead (game)   The Walking Dead (game) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Spoiler:

Kallock wrote:
there is also a GoT game like this, but i heard it wasnt as good as this series. (ive always thought game of thrones was extremely boring except for 5-10 mins per season even tho the game should be completely different than the show)
Yeah, they made a bunch of adventure games, the Game of thrones game just started and only has 1 episode so far so anyone that says its not as good doesnt know what they are talking about since the game just started (same for those that say its good)

I intend to play it once all the episodes are out
They also made The Wolf Among Us which is really good and Back to the Future, which is also really good (its like a 4th back to the future movie, you do need to see the movies for that one)
Neither are anywhere near as emotional as the walking dead is, but they are still good and def worth playing

Also i wont play Season 3 until all 5 eps are out, so i probably wont be playing it until this time next year
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead (game)   The Walking Dead (game) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 12:29 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead (game)   The Walking Dead (game) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead (game)
Page 1 of 1