Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
GvG Class Legendaries  I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
GvG Class Legendaries  I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
GvG Class Legendaries  I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
GvG Class Legendaries  I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
GvG Class Legendaries  I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
GvG Class Legendaries  I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
GvG Class Legendaries  I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_lcap26%GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_lcap35%GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_lcap19%GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_lcap0%GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_lcap0%GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_lcap10%GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_lcap10%GvG Class Legendaries  I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

GvG Class Legendaries

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

GvG Class Legendaries  Empty
PostSubject: GvG Class Legendaries    GvG Class Legendaries  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 8:55 pm

The rest of the expansion cards were released today, there are too many to post about all of them like i did for nax, so lets just talk about the new legendaries

Druid
GvG Class Legendaries  635531275604994022
Constructed:
At first i thought this card was ridiculously OP since its nearly immortal when the deathrattle triggers, then i thought about it and it just needs to be silenced and then its just a big guy without taunt, druid already has big guys with taunt so really this will just spawn a different style of ramp druid that may actually be worse than the current ramp druid depending on the meta
I love this cards ability, and think its a good card, i def want to use it, but if its silenced its basically an ironbark protector without taunt and druid doesnt have too many silence targets, ancient of war not really a target for silence, cairne is but thats pretty much it in ramp druid, even in the new ramp druid there wont be too many things that need to be silenced so your enemy should always have a silence ready for this
But at least its still a big minion after getting hit with silence

Arena:
Top tier pick in arena, would pick over anything other than maybe rag or sneed, would be a really tough choice but i think id go with this over those
Silence not as common in arena (though the value of silence in arena may change with this expansion, probably will) so it should be amazing, even if it is silenced just having a big guy in arena is good enough

Hunter
GvG Class Legendaries  635524289541338352
Constructed:
No place in current meta, but this isnt meta dependent like some other cards that have no place in current meta
If it actually survives to attack you can easily rig it to kill the opponent the turn it can attack, it also would be safe from poly/hex because people would want to spend that on highmane so either 1 of your highmanes isnt poly/hexed or this isnt so should be good
I really like this card, its the first step to a true control hunter, might actually be enough to make a mech/beast hybrid control hunter if hunter has a good mid game or late game mech card, i have high hopes for a deck like that, will def try making 1 if i get the cards for it

Arena:
This is insane, good stats for its cost, 9 hp is a bitch to deal with in arena, should get 2 attacks in at least, 1 on a minion to kill it and 1 to face for 12 damage
If it gets more than 2 attacks in and they cant deal with it you just win, its ridiculous

Mage
GvG Class Legendaries  635531271057967829
Constructed:
The effect will tell your opponent when you draw this card, you also cant control when the effect triggers so it could easily screw you over by killing your own stuff, unless your playing some sort of freeze mage or spell mage but this card has no place in a deck like that so it wouldnt make sense
So i think its pretty bad, i dont see any deck where this is good not even a mech deck would benefit from this
If there was a way to search your deck, like in Magic, to draw this card specifically then it would be slightly better, if there was also a way to send cards from your hand back into your deck it might be playable in a certain type of deck but right now its crap

Arena:
In some ways its worse than wargolem, because it could screw you over randomly, i consider wargolem slightly below average late game, so id put this lower than that
Id probably avoid picking it in all circumstances, if the choice were this, pagle, and tinkmaster id probably pick pagle, id even consider tinkmaster over this, unless my late game was really bad then maybe id take this, but i wouldnt like it

Paladin
GvG Class Legendaries  635530336862507711
Constructed:
This card so disappointing, its so easily silenced, i was saying how Malorne was easily silenced, but at least there you still have a big guy for them to deal with
With this you just have a 1/7 its so bad, i can see this getting huge, like 15/7 pretty easily if you draw it early, but an owl ruins it completely, if it was a 4/7 with the same effect it would at least be on par with other normal 5 cost minions (like how malorne is on par with other 7 cost minions after being silenced) but this is just too bad to be playable
Even a 3/7 would be acceptable for 5 with this effect, but 1/7 come on thats crap
I guess each class (except druid) needs to have 1 good legendary and 1 crappy 1 so this fits
Its a shame because this effect is pretty cool/fun

Arena:
A garbage pick, i dont think i would ever pick it unless my choice was exactly cho, this or pagle
The only 2 legendaries that are worse in arena are cho and pagle lol
Even if its not silenced in arena it will be too hard to set up unless you draw it early and in a top deck situation where you draw this its crap compared to any other 5 cost minion in the game

Priest
GvG Class Legendaries  635531281383875931
Constructed:
1 of many good priest cards added in this expansion, lets you set any minions hp to 2 allowing you to trade up or even smite it (or just heal it while auchenai is out)
Doest matter if its silenced as long as you used its ability to help kill a minion, plus priest has tons of silence targets so it probably will be safe from that anyway
If this was just a 6/2 with battle cry of "Set a minions hp to 2" for 5 mana id say its still playable (but not that good) since it helps kill stuff with high hp, so swapping hp is like a bonus to me

Arena:
This is above average but not amazing, will help you trade up on turn 5, best case they play yeti to your early game crap, you play this the turn after and use 1 of your early crap to kill yeti and have a 6/7
Worst case is just a 6/2 that you played to an empty board for 5 mana so in that case it sucks but i think its potential is good enough that its worth picking even though you might end up in those worst cases sometimes

Rogue
GvG Class Legendaries  635531272358807975
The coin you get from this wont trigger gallywix so you wont end up with infinite coins
Constructed:
I love this card, this effect is like cho but controllable and really powerful, the coin downside might matter and be really bad for you, but i think it wont be too bad most of the time
I dont think this card will be used that much or be considered good though, i just really like it

Arena:
Its a fine pick in arena, not bad but not great either (there are better legendaries to pick against this), its like ogre but might deny your enemy from casting spells, or might steal spells
Most of the time it will just be a vanilla 5/8 which i think is good enough since its potentially better than that
It would actually be a tough pick against most other legendaries that arent insanely good but are still pretty good, in those situations id probably pick this just cause i like the effect but it might not be the best choice
The coin downside shouldnt matter in arena

Shaman
GvG Class Legendaries  635531274649680110
Constructed:
... Wtf blizz, what is this.. WHAT IS THIS, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
Why would you do this...
A murloc specific class legendary, who thought that was a good idea blizz, who ever it was should be fired for lack of creativity
"Lets make a card that only works in 1 deck" WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD THINK SOMETHING LIKE THAT, its not like we have dozens of class legendaries and you guys are running out of ideas, no, this is the 2nd class legendary it should be something more general, capable of being used in many decks, maybe even used in ways blizz never intended
But this, this is just... wow, what a waste
I complained about Bolvar being bad, but at least its something new and potentially interesting, i mean it is possible someone will use Bolvar in a way never seen before that is amazing that i didnt think of
But this is locked into 1 type of deck, a deck no one has used since the beta which we will now see a bunch of just because a bunch of shaman murlocs were added (dont even get me started on the shaman murlocs)
You really fucked this up blizz, if i open this in my first batch of packs instead of a more interesting non-murloc themed legendary i will demand it be replaced with another random legendary (seriously will contact customer support about it even though i know it wont get me a different legendary, they need to know what theyve done wrong)
Thats how badly you fucked up, its not even worth 400 dust

Arena:
Its better than war golem i guess
I dont see myself picking it over anything but the worst of the worst legendaries, unless i end up with some crazy murloc synergy somehow
All the new shaman murloc cards make shaman worse in arena because no one wants murlocs in arena and now shaman potentially gets these as choices instead of good cards like lightning storm or alakir

Warlock
GvG Class Legendaries  635531277500987014
Constructed:
I really wish i crafted jaraxxus earlier now cause i feel like playing this after jaraxus would be really good, since you could use the weapon for really good trades rather than hitting the face most of the time
Even as normal warlock, free card draw (no life cost) is amazing
This could be insane with voidcaller, you get this from voidcaller and you basically just win with a demon deck
Ive disenchanted pitlord and felguard so many times, but this card + voidcaller might make those cards worth it, kindve regretting DEing those now

Arena:
If you already have a voidcaller in your deck (which is a good pick in warlock arena) you should def pick this, if not id probably still pick it in the hopes that i get voidcaller
A 9 mana 9/7 kindve sucks (too expensive and wont do anything the turn you play it), but if you get it out with voidcaller its insane and voidcaller combos are 1 of the few combos worth trying for in arena
With no voidcallers already in the deck i might still pick rag over this, probably also sylvanas (maybe), but its only marginally worse than the top tier legendary picks so its still pretty good

Warrior
GvG Class Legendaries  635531280018784870
At first i thought this denied them a card draw too, like it draws the mine, it explodes, they take 10 damage and get no card for that draw, but when the mine explodes it draws a card for them so it wont deny a card
Constructed:
If it denied a card draw, like i originally thought, it would be insane, like ridiculously good imo, possibly even OP
But as it is its still pretty good, a 10 damage inevitable time bomb is just a fun idea, and it makes it easier to get grom lethal too, with alex you can potentially get them down to 5 hp without ever hitting them in the face
Control warrior games go on long enough that this will almost always get drawn so it should be great, not essential to warrior control, but i think it would be a good addition, the 6/5 body is good enough at 6 mana too
Also some day mill decks will be viable and i think this would be great there

Arena:
An average pick, there are better legendaries than this, its effect probably wont even go off during an arena game as those rarely go too long and a vanilla 6 mana 6/5 is average
If its effect does go off during the course of your game than its on par with top tier legendaries but its too unreliable to it ends up as average to me

Anyone else disappointed by the pally legendary (and most of their cards)
Anyone else hate the shaman murloc cards as much as i do (especially the legendary)
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: GvG Class Legendaries    GvG Class Legendaries  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 5:15 pm

im going through em in a "lol wtf -> omg" fashion
im also going to pull a blizzard and release my list slowly

amazingly the most "this is fucking stupid" card to me isnt the shaman but the mages
if it's flavor text is anything but "draw a bad card and tell your opponent about it. oh and flip a coin then fuck you" i will be disappointed
i thought they were trying to make mage more viable this expansion

next up has to be the shamans. i just dont understand why they gave shaman the murloc subclass
the cards arent even that interesting. how many times am i going to see murloc shaman drop a turn 7 neptulon before it stops being interesting. none. none times.
i remember reading or hearing some blizz person saying that they didn't want any mandatory cards or clear paths to deck creation. if that person still works there they should quit out of shame
that said, i dont think its a terrible card. you get 4, so chances are they'll combine to be better than terrible (maybe even meh)

paladin
"wow thats really fun. oh wait..."
its basically 5 mana for one of their silences and then it stands as a totem to your disappointment for, very potentially, the rest of the game
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: GvG Class Legendaries    GvG Class Legendaries  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 4:31 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
amazingly the most "this is fucking stupid" card to me isnt the shaman but the mages
if it's flavor text is anything but "draw a bad card and tell your opponent about it. oh and flip a coin then fuck you" i will be disappointed
i thought they were trying to make mage more viable this expansion

I can at least see potential in the future for a card like this like how i was saying
If they ever make a card that returns a card from your hand into the deck and a card that lets you fetch a legendary or any card from your deck, or even a card that sends a friendly minion from the battlefield back into your deck, this card has potential in a self deck manipulation deck (similar to some blue decks in MtG)
Cause you draw it, deal 2 dmg, send it back to deck, fetch it, deal another 2 dmg, play it, kill something with it (it lives with 3 hp), send it back to your deck, fetch it again, another 2 dmg, and so on
So while it sucks right now it has potential, and in the future a deck like that could be a thing

Now that i think about it i guess its the same as the shaman legendary, only being good in 1 type of deck, except you can actually make the shaman murloc deck right now where as the leviathan is always bad currently
Its just i enjoy deck manipulation decks more than tinny minions with a bunch of synergy decks and i dont really play mage as often as shaman so getting a bad mage legendary that could be fun in the future isnt as bad to me as getting a shaman legendary thats only good in 1 deck

But yeah, both of these cards shouldve been released in like the 10th expansion when theres a bunch of other good legendaries to pick from and a bunch more murloc/deck manipulation cards to support them and give them more options

Serenity09 wrote:
next up has to be the shamans. i just dont understand why they gave shaman the murloc subclass
the cards arent even that interesting. how many times am i going to see murloc shaman drop a turn 7 neptulon before it stops being interesting. none. none times.
i remember reading or hearing some blizz person saying that they didn't want any mandatory cards or clear paths to deck creation. if that person still works there they should quit out of shame
that said, i dont think its a terrible card. you get 4, so chances are they'll combine to be better than terrible (maybe even meh)

In constructed this will help carry a murloc deck past turn 8, turn 8 is where murloc decks start having a ton of trouble
Either the murlocs snowballed and you win by turn 7(if it snowballs but you still didnt win this is just a win more card), or they had good ways to stop you (or you didnt draw well) and their late game beats yours, this will help with that, but i dont think it will be enough

In a non-murloc deck there are just better legendaries to us so i dont see this ever being used in any deck other than a murloc one
So i just dont see it working at all, not until better murlocs are introduced, like 4 or 5 mana ones with good stats at least to compete into the late game

In arena my initial hatred toward the card meant that i didnt bother to run the math
On average the murlocs you get should work together in some way, and even if they dont more than half of them have good enough stats that its like drawing 4 slightly below average cards which with a 7/7 out could work in arena
So it is better than i thought, but i still would avoid picking it over most other legendaries
The overload 3 is my main issue with it, you play it on turn 7 and now only have 5 mana for turn 8, and then you have to spend more mana on the murlocs too
I guess you want to save it for when its your last card in hand during a topdeck war, in that situation it would actually be insane and i guess that does happen often enough that it could be worth it

Thinking about it like that would make me pick it over something like fuegen/stallag, mimrons head, maexxna, mogor (maybe), the beast, all the mediocre legendaries
It would be the best of the average rather than the best of the worst to me

Serenity09 wrote:
paladin
"wow thats really fun. oh wait..."
its basically 5 mana for one of their silences and then it stands as a totem to your disappointment for, very potentially, the rest of the game
If i open this in a pack im going to make a deck full of silence targets so that they will be out of silence when i play bolvar (no one will expect bolvar so they might not save it for that)
That deck will also have quartermaster, hobgoblin, sword of justice and every other permanent buff card in the game, including cards that buff themselves like micro machine as well as w/e mech synergy i can fit in there
In a deck like that it could work (hobgoblin is probably bad, but still, a good buff deck with bolvar is what could work)

Theres almost no hope for him in arena though, almost every arena deck has spellbreaker or owl, i guess if you have another really good silence target in your deck it might work, play that first to draw that owl/spellbreaker (its usually just the 1 since more than 1 is considered bad), then follow up with bolvar, but thats too unreliable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GvG Class Legendaries    GvG Class Legendaries  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GvG Class Legendaries
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Hearthstone :: Hearthstone General Discussion-
Jump to: