Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Terror in Resonance I_vote_lcap26%Terror in Resonance I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Terror in Resonance I_vote_lcap35%Terror in Resonance I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Terror in Resonance I_vote_lcap19%Terror in Resonance I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Terror in Resonance I_vote_lcap0%Terror in Resonance I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Terror in Resonance I_vote_lcap0%Terror in Resonance I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Terror in Resonance I_vote_lcap10%Terror in Resonance I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Terror in Resonance I_vote_lcap10%Terror in Resonance I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Terror in Resonance

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Serenity09
Serenity09

Terror in Resonance Empty
PostSubject: Terror in Resonance   Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:39 am

AnimeList wrote:
In an alternate version of the present, Tokyo has been decimated by a shocking terrorist attack, and the only hint to the identity of the culprit is a bizarre video uploaded to the internet. The police, baffled by this cryptic clue, are powerless to stop the paranoia spreading across the population.

While the world searches for a criminal mastermind to blame for this tragedy, two mysterious children—children who shouldn't even exist—masterfully carry out their heinous plan. Cursed to walk through this world with the names Nine and Twelve, the two combine to form "Sphinx," a clandestine entity determine to wake the people from their slumber—and pull the trigger on this world.

OP

overall i like the show although it does get crazier over time. they also try and do lines in english which is absolutely hilarious every time. although i noticed that the subtitle translations for those lines use the "childish" (rather than the more complex adult one) japanese alphabet which seems a little harsh

the show is available on hulu (or huluplus if you happen to have convinced your parents that they should get huluplus) and also probably through torrent

ep11:
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Terror in Resonance   Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 6:51 pm

I started dis.
looks interesting and a lil pretentious
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Terror in Resonance   Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Damn seren you got pretty harsh

i liked it. I thought it was pretty obvious where they were headed from the start, but i enjoyed the ride never the less
ep11:

I give it a 7 out of 10
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Terror in Resonance   Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 7:53 pm

Heres what i said in another thread about it, just to keep everything consolidated
Pat1487 wrote:
Terror in Resonance (Zankyō no Terror) is interesting, a bit pretentious but not bad, i do want to see what those 2 are planning/why they are doing it so ill keep watching, might make a full topic about it at some point
I also want to add that the animation is amazing, some scenes look almost real and the attention to detail to the environment is great
-----------------
Serenity09 wrote:
they also try and do lines in english which is absolutely hilarious every time. although i noticed that the subtitle translations for those lines use the "childish" (rather than the more complex adult one) japanese alphabet which seems a little harsh
Yeah the english is pretty funny at times

This is an offtopic tangent but:

They used a combination of syllabaries in those subtitles not just the simple one
In the same sentence i saw the katakana エ, the hirigana す, and the # looking kanji that i cant find because theres like 2000 kanji symbols, most sentences had combinations like that
I recognize those cause エ looks like I, す is what i call swirly T, and the # looking symbol is # looking, so they are just easily recognizable to me at a glance even if i dont know what they mean in english

Katakana is for writing foreign words phonetically
Hiragana is for writing japanese words (kanji) phonetically
Kanji represents ideas and can be pronounced in different ways

I think they use hiragana when katakana is involved since it flows better with katakana than kanji does, and katakana will be used somewhere since they are subtitling english here
So they use the simple syllabary because they use katakana in places where they have to because of english words and that throws off the flow of the sentence so they use hirigana to fix it in certain spots, and they use kanji whenever katakana doesnt screw up the sentence structure

I have no idea why they made their written language so complicated, i guess because its been around for so long and has had to change a bunch as time went on
Ive tried to learn to read japanese (while i was trying to learn how to speak it) but gave up because its ridiculously hard, kanji hurts my brain and gives me eye strain, and hirigana is easy but youd have to know how to speak japanese first, i didnt go into katakana because everyone says to ignore it until later but its probably as easy as hirigana is
Kanji is the reason i gave up on reading and speaking japanese, it was so overwhelming that it killed my interest in learning the language

Anyway, back on topic:

I like the series overall, i think you were way too harsh on it seren
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Terror in Resonance   Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 8:06 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Terror in Resonance   Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Terror in Resonance   Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 9:49 am

made me lol
Quote :
terror in resonance is just these kids all grown up
Terror in Resonance KGqnOQ5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terror in Resonance   Terror in Resonance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terror in Resonance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum