Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Oreimo I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Oreimo I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Oreimo I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Oreimo I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Oreimo I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Oreimo I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Oreimo I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Oreimo I_vote_lcap26%Oreimo I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Oreimo I_vote_lcap35%Oreimo I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Oreimo I_vote_lcap19%Oreimo I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Oreimo I_vote_lcap0%Oreimo I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Oreimo I_vote_lcap10%Oreimo I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Oreimo I_vote_lcap10%Oreimo I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Oreimo

Go down 
5 posters

Have you seen it?
Yes, and I liked it!
Oreimo I_vote_lcap50%Oreimo I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Yes, and eh
Oreimo I_vote_lcap25%Oreimo I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Yes, and it sucked :/
 0% [ 0 ]
No, but am planning on it
Oreimo I_vote_lcap25%Oreimo I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
No, not my kinda genre
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Serenity09
Serenity09

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Oreimo (season 1 and 2)
Here we go. This is the anime that pat and I sensationalized awhile back. The "anime that cannot be named" and the one that would "ruin everything."
Not really, but it was fun to pretend.
This anime is a comedy that parodies otaku culture. It enjoys a funny and diverse cast of likeable characters and even has something like a plot. It starts out so light and funny that it's mostly impossible to not start liking their story.
It had me laughing so hard it hurt a bunch of times. I've shown it to a friend that also thought it was absurdly funny. As I mentioned, the 2nd season is more serious, but also super funny some of the time.

I think I would give both seasons an 8.5
season 1 has stronger comedy elements while season 2 is more romance focused. Most of what I'm going to talk about is the ending of season 2 here so you'll want to finish the entire thing, including the OVA's, before reading.
Spoiler:

Although I wasn't expecting to, I eventually was rooting for the brother and sister to get together. surprise!
If this thread goes anywhere, then it's inevitably going to hit on (maybe solely) the topic of incest. So why not start early.
My opinion on incest, after some thought, is pretty much a photo-copy of my opinion on gays. if you love a person then you love a person. if that type of love has a sexual component then it has a sexual component. if it's not in-and-of-itself hurting someone else (which it doesn't) than i have absolutely 0 problem with it -- in fact, good for you, you found love. enjoy it for all it is.
the divergence comes in having kids. at that point, and only at this point, genetics is relevant in a negative way (before this point, genetics is not relevant in a negative way). genetics is not friendly towards incest, and most of its children have to deal with that for the rest of their extremely-high at-risk lives. I don't think that's fair to a child. Even at this point, I don't think worse of their love, I think worse of their selfishness.
All that said, I really don't see why this is ever a moral issue to the couple. Gays anatomically cannot conceive with one another and often find surrogate parents to conceive, carrying forward 50% of one of their genes. But siblings are already related so finding a surrogate allows for ~50% of both of their genes (the same as a hetero couple) to be carried forward. Asking for more is not only greedy but stupid given the negative consequences for a child.
I'm not sure if I've ever met two people related yet would still be a really good couple together. While I think it would be really, really unfortunate to find your "soul mate" in your sibling / cousin, solely given how society is, I personally wish them nothing but the best... and to sleeve it.
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 7:05 pm

thought it was good, didn't like the ending route they took though.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 8:20 pm

First of all, we werent pretending, at the time their was no shortened version like their is now, that shortened version probably came about because of what the full name is
But the main reason was we didnt know how many people liked anime back then and if you dont like anime youd see the full name and be like: "...." *backs away slowly*

I would say season 1 was better then 2, it was a lot funnier and just more entertaining, season 2 wasnt bad though

I havent seen the OVAs yet so i didnt read your spoiler, ill make another post after i see them, i still havent gotten around to watching any of my increasingly long list of anime that i want to watch, but since you made a post about it i will definitely watch it within a week to make a post

Serenity09 wrote:
Although I wasn't expecting to, I eventually was rooting for the brother and sister to get together. surprise!
Really, im not
Spoiler:
And it has nothing to do with incest
Spoiler:

Serenity09 wrote:
If this thread goes anywhere, then it's inevitably going to hit on (maybe solely) the topic of incest. So why not start early.
My opinion on incest, after some thought, is pretty much a photo-copy of my opinion on gays. if you love a person then you love a person. if that type of love has a sexual component then it has a sexual component. if it's not in-and-of-itself hurting someone else (which it doesn't) than i have absolutely 0 problem with it -- in fact, good for you, you found love. enjoy it for all it is.
the divergence comes in having kids. at that point, and only at this point, genetics is relevant in a negative way (before this point, genetics is not relevant in a negative way). genetics is not friendly towards incest, and most of its children have to deal with that for the rest of their extremely-high at-risk lives. I don't think that's fair to a child. Even at this point, I don't think worse of their love, I think worse of their selfishness.
All that said, I really don't see why this is ever a moral issue to the couple. Gays anatomically cannot conceive with one another and often find surrogate parents to conceive, carrying forward 50% of one of their genes. But siblings are already related so finding a surrogate allows for ~50% of both of their genes (the same as a hetero couple) to be carried forward. Asking for more is not only greedy but stupid given the negative consequences for a child.
I'm not sure if I've ever met two people related yet would still be a really good couple together. While I think it would be really, really unfortunate to find your "soul mate" in your sibling / cousin, solely given how society is, I personally wish them nothing but the best... and to sleeve it.
I have a similar stance on incest/homosexuality, but the problem is that not everyone has that much common sense and ends up having a child with their siblings/cousins which causes a mess of problems
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:52 am

Quote :
First of all, we werent pretending, at the time their was no shortened version like their is now, that shortened version probably came about because of what the full name is
But the main reason was we didnt know how many people liked anime back then and if you dont like anime youd see the full name and be like: "...." *backs away slowly*
omg i forgot that it used to have a different name.
Spoiler:
yeah you're totally right though, i did not / do not want to throw that one out there. "The anime that cannot be named" is a lot funnier now that i remember the show had a different name from when i saw it 3 years ago.

Spoiler:

references original spoiler:

Quote :
I have a similar stance on incest/homosexuality, but the problem is that not everyone has that much common sense and ends up having a child with their siblings/cousins which causes a mess of problems
yeah that's true but it's still not as genetically unhealthy for the child as, say, drinking excessively while pregnant. i didn't actually know that incest was literally illegal until watching the show. i still don't understand why it's a federal matter actually
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Spoiler:

Serenity09 wrote:
yeah that's true but it's still not as genetically unhealthy for the child as, say, drinking excessively while pregnant. i didn't actually know that incest was literally illegal until watching the show. i still don't understand why it's a federal matter actually
Id say they are about equal, also drinking can be caught and punished before the child is born since excessive drinking is easy to spot (and if you catch it early enough the baby might still be alright), where as you cant with an inbred child since theres no good way to tell until its born and even if you do theres no chance of it being alright

Thats also why its a federal thing, since thats the only way they have to try to stop it, even though it doesnt really help they still have to try
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 4:53 pm

Spoiler:

references the final episodes:

Quote :
Id say they are about equal, also drinking can be caught and punished before the child is born since excessive drinking is easy to spot (and if you catch it early enough the baby might still be alright), where as you cant with an inbred child since theres no good way to tell until its born and even if you do theres no chance of it being alright
drinking while with child is not illegal in any way. it might be indirectly illegal but indirectly illegal for something like this probably wouldn't accomplish anything
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:55 pm

Spoiler:

Serenity09 wrote:
drinking while with child is not illegal in any way. it might be indirectly illegal but indirectly illegal for something like this probably wouldn't accomplish anything
Oh wow, i assumed it counted as a form of child abuse and was punishable by the law, i didnt check that because i never thought it could be wrong since it just make sense to be that way, and it should be that way
The incest law makes no sense to me now, and it didnt make much sense to begin with

It would be better to have some sort of agency/service, where incestuous siblings could be interviewed/background checked and deemed fit to be married by a set of standards that would judge how responsible the couple is in an effort to only marry siblings that are unlikely to conceive a child with one another, and if they do have a child with one another it would be punishable by the law
That still wouldnt solve the problem since people could just lie, but its way better then making all cases of sibling marriage illegal like it currently is
But something like that would never happen

Some sort of law/system to stop/limit inbreeding is required though, at least until we can manipulate genes on unborn babies so that this kind of thing isnt even a problem

If only i was dictator of the world, i would implant every women with a device capable of detecting the owner of any sperm that enters her body and if that sperm belonged to her brother and if she got pregnant due to that sperm the device would abort the child immediately and set off her and her brothers id collars to notify the nearest armored giraffe mounted enforcers while tasing them to keep them from running
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:09 pm

Spoiler:

lmao
ill respond to this in an edit, but the spoiler part was difficult enough to manage on a pi it's time to cut my loses
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:11 am

Ive made a horrible mistake, i didnt see episode 13 either, i thought the season was 12 episodes like the first season so i thought episode 12 was the last one until the ovas so i stopped checking up on it after watching 12 (13 didnt exist when i saw 12 since i was watching it as it was coming out) and it wasnt until this moment that i went to find the ovas that i realized theres a 13th episode
I see why youre confused now as everything ive been talking about is as if episode 13 never happened

So everything ive been saying is from the perspective of episode 12 ... my bad, at least everything should make more sense now

I blame you for letting it get this far though, you shoudlve said something like "did you even watch episode 13 you fucking idiot" after you read my first post about this

Luckily i feel like this didnt spoil anything from episode 13 for me though

I wrote an entire post before realizing my mistake, i was just going to erase it, but ill put it here anyway as punishment for my mistake:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 6:05 am

My thoughts on the show
i liked the show but it was weird to me. i thought it was kinda weird but at the same time there were alot of hilarious moments

thoughts on season 1 ending
Spoiler:

thoughts on ending:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 10:25 am

Pat1487 wrote:
Ive made a horrible mistake, i didnt see episode 13 either, i thought the season was 12 episodes like the first season so i thought episode 12 was the last one until the ovas so i stopped checking up on it after watching 12 (13 didnt exist when i saw 12 since i was watching it as it was coming out) and it wasnt until this moment that i went to find the ovas that i realized theres a 13th episode
I see why youre confused now as everything ive been talking about is as if episode 13 never happened

So everything ive been saying is from the perspective of episode 12 ... my bad, at least everything should make more sense now

I blame you for letting it get this far though, you shoudlve said something like "did you even watch episode 13 you fucking idiot" after you read my first post about this

Luckily i feel like this didnt spoil anything from episode 13 for me though

i hate you. baka.

Quote :
i was tempted to just let all of this go but no im not gonna. i still disagree with a lot of what you've said and you damn well know that ep 13 doesnt put you in the clear for all of it. it might change what you think would happen / should happen (@them getting together) but it doesnt change your underlying reasoning for how people work. and that reasoning was cray

im going to reply (to further your disgrace) but mostly in joking ways. these arent arguments (or meant to be mean), theyre mostly jokes with a few clarifications mixed in
Spoiler:

pat wrote:
It would be better to have some sort of agency/service, where incestuous siblings could be interviewed/background checked and deemed fit to be married by a set of standards that would judge how responsible the couple is in an effort to only marry siblings that are unlikely to conceive a child with one another, and if they do have a child with one another it would be punishable by the law
That still wouldnt solve the problem since people could just lie, but its way better then making all cases of sibling marriage illegal like it currently is
But something like that would never happen
yeah. like adoption. you go to the agency and bring a bunch of paperwork that shows how responsible you are and that you can provide a good home and feed them and will take them on walks etc. then there's a long review process. i guess the metaphor differs on what happens if youre denied. but itd be interesting if it didnt. like if you apply to marry your sibling and are denied, they get to be put up for marriage to someone else. that way you have to risk everything going into it with no guarantee it would work

slayer wrote:
thoughts on season 1 ending
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

slayer wrote:
thoughts on ending:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:46 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:27 pm

this is the funniest amv
barely any of it actually happens in the show but 100% of it is completely believable
Back to top Go down
olonavy
Corporal
Corporal

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 5:17 pm

I really liked it, it felt really unique and different. I couldnt even think of some category it fell in for the most part. It felt like KINDOF slice of life, but really different because of the whole sister theme. And there were some scenes that were really funny, but the main goal of the show wasnt to make you laugh or anything. There were also a lot of romantic scenes and stuff. Also it makes fun of the otaku culture. It touched on a lot of themes and didnt seem to have a plot for the most part so it was kinda hard to think of some genre. But I liked that about it.

Now:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 9:48 am

S2 Ep 13
Spoiler:

S2 OVA 1
Spoiler:

The ending
Spoiler:

Serenity09 wrote:
this is the funniest amv
barely any of it actually happens in the show but 100% of it is completely believable
Lmao thats amazing, i watched that after seeing the ending and after writing the stuff i wrote above
Im glad i saw it after seeing the ending, if i saw it before writing everything i just wrote i probably wouldnt have been so harsh
Not that it makes the ending any better, it just made my mood better

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 2:18 pm

s2 e13:

ova 1:

hey pat actually finished watching the anime so this is probably his first post talking about the anime oh wait no it's his 6th:
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:12 pm

s2 ep13:

ova 1:

hey pat actually finished watching the anime so this is probably his first post talking about the anime oh wait no it's his 6th:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oreimo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oreimo   Oreimo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oreimo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Movies, TV, and Anime :: Anime-
Jump to: