Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Log Horizon I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Log Horizon I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Log Horizon I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Log Horizon I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Log Horizon I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Log Horizon I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Log Horizon I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Log Horizon I_vote_lcap26%Log Horizon I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Log Horizon I_vote_lcap35%Log Horizon I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Log Horizon I_vote_lcap19%Log Horizon I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Log Horizon I_vote_lcap0%Log Horizon I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Log Horizon I_vote_lcap0%Log Horizon I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Log Horizon I_vote_lcap10%Log Horizon I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Log Horizon I_vote_lcap10%Log Horizon I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Log Horizon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Serenity09
Serenity09

Log Horizon Empty
PostSubject: Log Horizon   Log Horizon I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:44 am

So i got around to (yet) another VR anime called Log Horizon
tangent:
Here's the synopsis:
By its eleventh expansion pack, the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Elder Tale has become a global success, having a following of millions of players. However, during the release of its twelfth expansion pack: Novasphere Pioneers, thirty thousand Japanese gamers who are all logged on at the time of the update, suddenly find themselves transported inside the game world and donning their in-game avatars. In the midst of the event, a socially awkward gamer called Shiroe along with his friends Naotsugu and Akatsuki decide to team up so that they may face this world which has now become their reality along with the challenges which lie ahead.
Taken from http://myanimelist.net/anime/17265/Log_Horizon

So if you've ever watched any VR anime the start of this one will be very, very familiar ground. in fact, the first 3 or 4 episodes will be about as generic "suddenly-stuck-in-a-VR-world" as it gets. I love the premise but even i got a bit bored. The characters are pretty solid and interesting and i liked this flavor of VR combat, but the intro is hugely generic. In a way that makes sense, there aren't all that many ways a mass audience could reasonably react to being trapped in a game. For a few more episodes after that it remains generic but a bit more interesting / fun to watch.
Around ep 10 it switches from pretty good to good. The main character is intelligent and tends to dig into the gears of things, and the lore / plot is well thought out enough that it works well.
The show is currently airing and looks to be successful enough to warrant a second season. It airs on Saturdays and is licensed on cruncyroll (subbed and all) if you don't mind the ads. Currently it's up to episode 21 (/25) with regular updates.
Overall I would rate it an 8.5/10. If you haven't gotten around to trying a VR anime but want to, this would make for a very solid place to start
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Log Horizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon   Log Horizon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 5:18 pm

I started watching this last week, im on ep 16 now and intend to finish it by the end of the week

For the first 4 eps i really didnt like it, but it got much better as it went and was well worth going through those first couple episodes

My main problem is how it explains things, sometimes its fine but other times they explain game mechanics to the audience, but instead of just straight up saying it to the audience they explain it between 2 characters, when both characters should know these things by now
And sometimes they explain obvious things directly to the audience which i hate, i can forgive them explaining game mechanics but not explaining plot related things that they already showed
But thats the only issue i have with it and the rest is good enough that it doesnt matter to me
Ill post more after ive finished it

Oh wait, there is 1 other problem
There's a maid subclass, A MAID SUBCLASS, what possible benefit could a maid subclass give to the person that takes it, at first i thought it was a roleplaying thing that was put in the game for roleplay, but it has a level and you can level it up, so does that mean you start at maid level 1 and sweep floors for hours to level it up, what would a maid subclass do after sweeping, drink serving, laundry (how would laundry work in a game, does armor get dirty over time), what skills would they have, can they buff people as a support role, clean armor could give a benefit, serving a drink to someone could give a buff, maybe they can sweep dust into the enemies face and blind them
It just raises too many questions and make me want to know how the maid subclass works
Im joking of course, its completely irrelevant and isnt really a problem but this is what i was thinking when i saw that, i had to pause and go back in the episode because i stopped paying attention to the episode while thinking about this
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Log Horizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon   Log Horizon I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:46 pm

the maid subclass is actually exactly as ridiculous as pat makes it sound. im not even sure how it's explainable within the lore. the only possible way for it to have a point is if everyone were to get sucked into the game and suddenly house / character upkeep would be noticeable. short of that, it wouldnt even have an effect... which means the creators of the game had to know what was coming. welcome to the nhk!

also the season finale aired last saturday and season 2 has been confirmed for later this fall! so breath easy if you werent sure about getting attached

i watched the season finale
it was hugely disappointing, for the same reason that the latest 8 or so episodes have been hugely disappointing. nothing fucking happens
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

Log Horizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon   Log Horizon I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 3:01 pm

season 2 is almost wrapped up so im going to add some of my thoughts

1. the kids have, maybe, 10 minutes of screen time total. which is great for my current sanity, but makes me even more confused as to what the fuck they were doing there in the first place

2. i re-read my thoughts on the season finale for s1 and i honestly cant remember who this new antagonist is. did i miss something?

3. episode 10 was without a doubt the worst episode of anything ive ever seen. its literally 1 guy monologuing awkwardly for 23 minutes. 23min is unacceptable even if it was a braveheart level monologue
Spoiler:

4. this season would have been way more enjoyable if i had waited and then watched it all at once

all in all, i've been enjoying it more than season 1

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Log Horizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon   Log Horizon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 1:28 am

Season 2 isnt even half way over yet lol, its a 24 (23 or 25, one of those) episode season
Much like SAO there will be a week where theres no ep the week after ep 15 airs

I couldve sworn i made a post after yours to talk about season 1 back in march or april, but not only is it not here but i dont have a rough draft saved so maybe we talked about it in chat, i cant remember
Maybe i started typing it but didnt save it

The kids never really bothered me so i didnt notice the difference

I remember the end of season 1, sort of
Spoiler:

Lol yeah, i was like "Hmm, a soliloquy, cool" 5 minutes later "Ok, its time to say something badass that rallies everyone and start kicking ass now" 10 more minutes later *is playing hearthstone in a window under the video, with the video in a window thats just large enough to show the subs* 5 more minutes later *the sound of movement* "Oh shit, did i miss them doing something" *maximize video* "Nope" *ED*

Luckly i saw ep 10 and 11 together, so ep 10 not nearly as bad to me, if i saw ep 10 right away id be very pissed that they wasted a week on that, but watch 11 right after made me forgive ep 10
Watching it all at once would be better, but i dont think watching it weekly was bad (other than the ep 10 thing)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Log Horizon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Log Horizon   Log Horizon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Log Horizon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Movies, TV, and Anime :: Anime-
Jump to: