Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Fez I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Fez I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Fez I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Fez I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Fez I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Fez I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Fez I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Fez I_vote_lcap26%Fez I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Fez I_vote_lcap35%Fez I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Fez I_vote_lcap19%Fez I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Fez I_vote_lcap0%Fez I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Fez I_vote_lcap0%Fez I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Fez I_vote_lcap10%Fez I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Fez I_vote_lcap10%Fez I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Fez

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Fez Empty
PostSubject: Fez   Fez I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Mark, did you ever manage to play this game???

Anyway
I said i was going to find the topic that you said you made about Fez, pat, and i did.
Although i misremembered the complete conversation we had, cuz it was actually a blurb in a secondary post in a topic started by mark that was only tangently about fez.
But i found it

pat1487 wrote:

Fez is fun, but i hated navigating the world, like i never knew if i had been to an area before or not, and the backtracking got annoying
Did you realize that just standing in front of a door will show you what room is on the other side? and if you havn't explored an area yet it wont show anything. so you always know. And on your big map it turns the rooms borders gold if you solved everything. and it haves has a map legend for what still needs to be done in the rooms.

I know what you mean tho, cuz at first its hard to use the map and you dont know how everything connects. so i was just very systematic about clearing rooms. Every new door i'd find i'd clear/explore until i found a door, i'd start the same process through the new door till i hit a dead end, then go back through the doors and continue making dead ends until i cleared whole areas. (except the 'secrets' that were part of the bigger puzzles, ofc)
Then once i created a dead end, or couldn't solve anything else i'd move back to the last room that had more doors/things to do, and keep going like that.

And once you clear all the golden cubes you spend enough time manipulating the map that it becomes pretty easy to tell where you are and where you want to go to. Especially since you use the same controls to manipulate the map that you use for regular stuff, so as you get better at the game you get better with the map.

It could still be better though, i wish they made the hexagons that show you parts of the rooms a little more illuminating, its kinda annoying to be trying to figure out where to go and not be able to tell what things are

I cleared all the regular cubes pretty quickly like that and got "100%" completion, but 100% isn't really even half way. Then i started trying to solve the harder puzzles. the ones that give you 'anti cubes.'
---
i find the dying mechanic really funny though. its generally much more punishing if it doesn't kill you than if it does kill you, since it respawns you on the last solid platform you were on.

The worst is the bell tower, i climbed up to the top 3 times in a row then accidentally jumped off the top into the water and had to do it all over again.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Fez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fez   Fez I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:36 am

Achilles.42 wrote:
Did you realize that just standing in front of a door will show you what room is on the other side? and if you havn't explored an area yet it wont show anything. so you always know. And on your big map it turns the rooms borders gold if you solved everything. and it haves has a map legend for what still needs to be done in the rooms.
I didnt know about the golden borders, which is helpful with telling you that a room you were already in is finished, but doesnt really help with navigation
But i did know about the showing of the room when in front of a door, the problem with that though is you have to be in front of a door you havent gone in yet to know if you havent gone in which can be annoying if you backtracked a lot and went in all the doors but 1 and cant find the 1 you havent gone in yet

Achilles.42 wrote:
I know what you mean tho, cuz at first its hard to use the map and you dont know how everything connects. so i was just very systematic about clearing rooms. Every new door i'd find i'd clear/explore until i found a door, i'd start the same process through the new door till i hit a dead end, then go back through the doors and continue making dead ends until i cleared whole areas. (except the 'secrets' that were part of the bigger puzzles, ofc)
Then once i created a dead end, or couldn't solve anything else i'd move back to the last room that had more doors/things to do, and keep going like that.

And once you clear all the golden cubes you spend enough time manipulating the map that it becomes pretty easy to tell where you are and where you want to go to. Especially since you use the same controls to manipulate the map that you use for regular stuff, so as you get better at the game you get better with the map.
I wasnt systematic at all, which was probably my problem, i didnt realize how difficult navigation would be, i thought i understood it when i first saw it, so i just went around with no regard for where id been or what i did in those areas thinking i could just use the map to figure it all out later and it would be fine
I was wrong

I still have the game installed so i might restart it and give it another chance
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Fez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fez   Fez I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:38 am

pat1487 wrote:
I wasnt systematic at all
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

Fez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fez   Fez I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 6:39 pm

Never manged to beat it yet. Never even got that far into it. Didn't have to time. I am however planning to up it up again.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Fez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fez   Fez I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:09 pm

upping it upity upup again up is probably a good idea.

i dont feel like the game actually takes that long tho, its just that the puzzles can take awhile to figure out, and you ahve to put it down and come back to it a lot of times. So it takes a lot of days to beat, but not a lot of time. if that makes sense

EDIT: omgosh. this is so embarrassing, i meant to say "doesn't actually take that long" not "actually take that long"
No wonder no one responded to my post. this is such a disaster. no one is even gonna read this edit.
/cry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fez Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fez   Fez I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fez
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: Other Games-
Jump to: