Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
omgomgomgomg I_vote_lcap26%omgomgomgomg I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
omgomgomgomg I_vote_lcap35%omgomgomgomg I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
omgomgomgomg I_vote_lcap19%omgomgomgomg I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
omgomgomgomg I_vote_lcap0%omgomgomgomg I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
omgomgomgomg I_vote_lcap0%omgomgomgomg I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
omgomgomgomg I_vote_lcap10%omgomgomgomg I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
omgomgomgomg I_vote_lcap10%omgomgomgomg I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

omgomgomgomg

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 1:27 pm

I was incredibly certain this was fake at first, because i had read an article basically saying that the author (O.S Card) had decided that a movie adaption wouldn't lend itself to doing justice to the book, so he was pretty certain nothing was going to made.
But i saw that it had a lot of views and a good upvote ratio, so i was like "it must be a really good fan made trailer--this'll be cool" and then i was all like "hmmm, weird that i cant recognize any of these movie clips"

I want all 15 books to be made into movies. I dont care that they'd probably be more bad than good (like the harry potter movies were in my oppinion)
the point is we'd get movie adaptations of all of them, and it'd be exciting
they'd be fun to watch
there'd be plenty of good parts to go along with the bad
and in 15 movies some of them might even be really good/fun to watch
just like i really enjoyed watching the Prisoner of Azzcasomthinsomthin

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: Re: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 12:01 pm

Looks interesting, ill probably go see it, although i don't usually enjoy movies where the main character is a child, except if its like a normal or vulnerable little kid. When its a "Badass" little kid i find it hard to take seriously.
If they movies are good ill pick up to book, if you say its awesome
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: Re: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Trailer looks pretty good

I dont know anything about the books but from the trailer im guessing that they need kids to control planet destroying lasers for some reason (maybe the laser is reversed engineered alien technology that cant be made to interface with adults but can interface with kids)

Im kindve hoping that isnt the set up because thats the kind of setup thats in so many animes (usually used to explain why middle schoolers are piloting giant robots)

But even if that is the setup ender's character still looks interesting enough to make me want to see it

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Looks interesting, ill probably go see it, although i don't usually enjoy movies where the main character is a child, except if its like a normal or vulnerable little kid. When its a "Badass" little kid i find it hard to take seriously.

A lot of that depends on the actor
A good child actor playing the main character will make you take the character seriously, but there arent many good child actors

I actually cant think of an example of a good child actor as the main character, i was going to use the girl that played hit-girl in kickass as an example, but she wasnt the main character
When i think of main characters played by child actors i just think of the bad ones (the kid that played anakin skywalker in episode 1 is the first one i think of)

But the actor playing ender here looks to be 15-16 so hes not really a kid (i dont know how old the character is supposed to be, i assume 14-15) so it should be fine
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: Re: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:05 pm

How have both of you not read ender's game? next you're gonna tell me you havn't read harry potter.

Kinda a spoiler, but not really: if anything it should add to the enjoyment of watching it
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: Re: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:20 pm

i thought ender's game was required reading for any self-respecting geek...

i'm excited for the movie, i think the first book can very easily make a good movie even if they're going to have to stress the less important bits (such as the battle room and game room) and underplay the more metaphorical stuff. i'm interested how they're going to do the psych eval game...

i disagree with you on the second part though ach -- the rest of the books would make terrible movies. they become increasingly philosophical and metaphorical until there's absolutely nothing left that would work with mainstream movies
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: Re: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Serenity09 wrote:

Exactly.

Serenity09 wrote:
they become increasingly philosophical and metaphorical
And that was only true for speaker for the dead, xenocide, and children of the mind. The entire shadow saga was more about dramatic events and peoples rolls within the world, which does transfer over.

I dont think they'll actually make any more movies though. cuz even though they weren't all super philosophical--they still dont make great movies.
The exception is that they could maybe make really good movies out of the formic wars prequel set, and the shadows in flight sequels to the shadow saga. but they dont have nearly the same mass appeal as enders game, so its not gonna happen.

I'd really like it if they made some sort of movie focused on Bean. maybe something that covered elements across the whole series and reinvented the story a bit, because he was always my fave.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: Re: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:05 am

Serenity09 wrote:

I dont read novels
Ive never liked reading novels
I hated doing book reports and i had to do a lot of them, i mainly hated it because they assigned terrible books or books that i just didnt like, i rarely got the chance to pick a book, i learned that the quickest, easiest and most efficient way to do book reports was to just pull important info out of certain parts, focus on those parts, and build the report around those parts
I would use a plot summary to know which important parts to pull when i went through the actual book so i was barely paying attention to the parts that werent on the list of important stuff/skipping through chunks to find important stuff and the whole time i would just keep looking up at the clock waiting for the minimum amount of time i thought was required to get it done so that i could stop reading
That method was so effective at conserving the most amount of time while still maintaining a high grade that i started doing it for anything i had to read and reading like that became how i read everything

Because of that i still read like that to this day, even when its something i want to read, i just think to myself, "i could save a lot of time if i just read a plot summary" the whole time im reading even though i dont want to read a plot summary
So i just cant enjoy books like i can with shows or movies

Basically, years of school taught me that reading is unenjoyable
Which i know isnt true but knowing that doesnt help
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: Re: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:14 pm

yeah i was referring to the saga that followed ender, but the shadow saga has its own problems.
the conflicts become almost entirely political in content and while they arent as primarily metaphorical, a lot of what makes them work is the theme of greed

and pat i got you to read The Magicians. or at least the first part of it, you gave up right before it got amazing even though i told you to read one more chapter. in other words, you suck
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: Re: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:13 pm

Pat these two books are way outside your realm of enjoyment (maybe not the second one, but definitely the first) but they make you read them slowly. You should check out Moby Dick and Bean Spasms. I can honestly say it's pretty black and white, you will either hate or love them, there's almost no in between.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: Re: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:46 am

Have you tried listening to audiobooks pat? i had a lot of trouble learning to read, but really liked audiobooks, so even though i have no trouble reading now i still prefer listening to novels than reading them.

and agreed seren. i'd plus rep that instead of actually responding to you. but i have too little rep to plus rep anyone /slits wrists

And i would avoid reading anything amaz suggests just on principle, pat.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: Re: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:30 am

Serenity09 wrote:
and pat i got you to read The Magicians. or at least the first part of it, you gave up right before it got amazing even though i told you to read one more chapter. in other words, you suck
Oh yeah i forgot about that, i had the same problem with that too but thats not why i stopped reading it, i cant remember why i stopped, i think i was really busy around that time
I did like that book though

Achilles.42 wrote:
Have you tried listening to audiobooks pat? i had a lot of trouble learning to read, but really liked audiobooks, so even though i have no trouble reading now i still prefer listening to novels than reading them.

Ive never sat down to listen to an audiobook
But if i did i probably would enjoy it, which i guess works, but it doesnt help with the main problem

Amazin[G] wrote:
Pat these two books are way outside your realm of enjoyment (maybe not the second one, but definitely the first) but they make you read them slowly. You should check out Moby Dick and Bean Spasms. I can honestly say it's pretty black and white, you will either hate or love them, there's almost no in between.

Really amaz, those are your suggestions
Moby Dick is such a common suggestion, its like the book that people that dont read books suggest to other people in order to make people beleive that they do read books
Like if i was asked "what books do you recommend" and i didnt feel like explaining the whole "i dont read books" thing i would avoid saying moby dick as that would probably be the first thing i thought of as my brain scrambles to come up with an intelligent sounding response to something that i have no idea about

Bean Spasms is more of the kind of suggestion i would expect from you
I doubt i would like it from what i saw about it though, ach and serens suggestions seem far more interesting
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: Re: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:28 pm

I listen to audio books when we go on road trips, probably the best time to do it.

Even though Moby Dick is a common suggestion and the only reason I'm suggesting it is because I had to read it for a class, I still stand by the fact that it's a great book. I suggested Moby Dick specifically to because you said you hated the shitty reading and speed through your reading to get it done quickly as possible. Moby Dick and Bean Spasms might not be the best books out there but they are good and they force you to read them. Actually I think one of the virtues of Bean Spasms and Moby Dick teach you is that being the best isn't really important, that the mundane things are actually pretty special too.

But hey I can't make you read a book[s] you don't want to read.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: Re: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:18 pm

The nice thing about audiobooks is you're not restricted to sitting just focusing on the book. There's a lot of simple games like minesweeper or solitair where you can focus on that whilst reading the book, which i find a lot more enjoyable than purely reading. it can make the visualizations more vivid for me, which doesn't really make sense but w/e.

It was either last summer or the summer before where i played through every level of Chips Challenge and also listened through the entire ender saga. in order. all of them. best.summer.ever.

i'll list you some of my faves, just incase you get inspired over the summer:
(ender & life of pi--already obvious)
Another good nerd series is Eragon. the books aren't as good pieces of literature, but they're still really really fun.
Siddhartha (short and easy)
Rendezvous with Rama (and also the 3 sequels). The first seems to be more of a classic, but i liked the sequels a lot more actually, and they were very differently themed from the first.
Flowers for Algernon (This one was so good i actually re-read it a couple months later, which i rarely do) Although, the 50 year old bullshit psychology is really distracting, but thats the only drawback.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

omgomgomgomg Empty
PostSubject: Re: omgomgomgomg   omgomgomgomg I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

omgomgomgomg
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Movies, TV, and Anime :: Movies-
Jump to: