Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Path of Exile I_vote_lcap26%Path of Exile I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Path of Exile I_vote_lcap35%Path of Exile I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Path of Exile I_vote_lcap19%Path of Exile I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Path of Exile I_vote_lcap0%Path of Exile I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Path of Exile I_vote_lcap0%Path of Exile I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Path of Exile I_vote_lcap10%Path of Exile I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Path of Exile I_vote_lcap10%Path of Exile I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Path of Exile

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 pm

has anyone heard of it? i think some of the original developers of d2 made it
currently in open beta anyone wanna try it?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Ive played it a couple days ago when it went into open beta, didnt have much time to play it though, i was actually going to make a post about it eventually, once i played more of it

From what i saw of it, it looks pretty good

The passive skill tree is massive, and the skill system is like gems that you socket into items (you can unsocket them at any time) and you can link support skill gems to change the way skills work, like if you find a multiple projectiles support gem you can link it with a fireball skill gem and have a bunch of fireballs instead of just 1 (you can link it to any ranged skill), im pretty sure you could even link that support gem to a skill that already has multiple projectiles for even more projectiles

The potions are different than d2, or any game of this type, they refill as you kill enemies and are reusable, you get 5 slots for them, not only do they restore life/mana but they can have other effects too, they are like any other item in the game with higher quality levels
And theres more than just health and mana potions, theres potions that can increase your resistances or your armor

Also the game has no gold, the currency system uses items, dozens of items, its weird

And I dont think any d2 devs are working on it

My name on it is Xelzious, im level 5, we should play
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:04 am

downloaded the beta today, probably will play a bit tomorrow
i'll add you when i get the chance though
and about the devs maybe it was another game, idk they've been scattered onto so many platforms but this seems a lot more interesting than d3 is
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:00 am

Some of the d2 devs went on to make Torchlight and Torchlight 2
But they arent working on path of exile

I played a bit more path of exile this morning, 1 problem im finding with the game is that the currency system is really out of whack
The inventory system works like d2 where you have to fit items into a grid in order to carry it, but in d2 town portal scrolls were pretty cheap so you always had them and using them to sell items usually gained you a profit (you gained more gold then the town portal scroll cost you)
In this game they are massively expensive
In order to get a portal scroll you have to trade it for 3 wisdom scrolls (scroll of identify) and in order to get 1 wisdom scroll you need 5 scroll fragments, and white items sell for 1 scroll fragment

Which means you need to sell 15 white items every time you use a portal scroll to go back to town to sell just to break even, and you cant actually carry 15 items unless they are all rings, so portal scrolls are pretty much only used in emergencies or if your incredibly rich

And since you need wisdom scrolls to identify items, identifying an item you might end up not using is also very expensive since you need to sell 5 white items to get that wisdom scroll back
Selling the item you identified gets you alteration shards, or transmutation shards (and sometimes even only 1 scroll fragment if its an especially terrible blue item)
And you actually end up getting more for not identifying the item when you sell it

Also even though portal scrolls cost 3 wisdom scrolls, you can only sell a portal scroll for 1 wisdom scroll which makes no sense

The currency items themselves are pretty cool though, they are basically the gambling/crafting system
An orb of alteration (which requires 20 alteration shards) can change the properties of a blue item (randomly)
And an orb of transmutation (20 transmutation shards) can turn a white item into a blue item
Im pretty sure theres one that turns a white or blue item into a yellow item, and probably 1 that changes the properties of a yellow item
You get those shards by selling blue or yellow items, like i said above you get more if they are unidentified unless the item is amazing, and i think you can use it to figure out what items are worth identifying since wisdom scrolls are expensive
The more the unidentified item sells for the better it is (you can see how much it sells for before you sell it)

I think the idea is to buy/find a white item with a bunch of linked sockets (for more support gems and skills) and then upgrade it with stuff like whetstones (they increase the quality of an item up to 20%) and then forge it into a yellow (for the stats/effects)

And as far as i can tell theres no way to buy skill gems, so the only way to get skills is to complete quests or get lucky and find them from drops (i found 1 already so im guessing they arent too rare)

And finally the game is really hard, im constantly using health/mana pots, as i said in the other post, they are reusable and each use takes charges and when you kill enemies the pot recharges, so far i can kill enemies fast enough so that i cant run out of health/mana pots but the fact that you have to use them so much is weird to me, im used to almost never using them unless i get into trouble
At first i thought i was playing wrong but even playing carefully you end up taking hits from ranged enemies (melee mobs arent any problem)
And theres mini bosses and special groups of stronger mobs all over the place, in the first area after the tutorial theres a mini boss that calls down fire storms which rape you if you dont get out of the way, but you have to be standing still to attack and he can call down the storms 1 after another so you have to stutter step attack or else you will die
I havent died yet but every big fight takes me down to near death

Ill be on tonight for a bit, ill check the chatbox for you hlw, we should play
Anyone else that wants to join in should, ill be playing regardless of if anyone else does or not though
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:57 am

After playing for awhile longer im probably going to have to make a new character (i found a spell which made it easier)
The character i tried to make was a summoner
But everything you summon dies in 1-2 hits, usually before it actually gets a chance to attack
I could keep going with him, eventually i would become stronger but i would have to keep struggling until level 35 or so before i actually could start being good (potentially)
And i dont feel like playing 25ish levels without any real way to deal damage

I would just change what im doing with this character but i already put points into minion related stuff
I might try making another character just to get a certain spell to give to the summoner so he doesnt suck completely for 25 levels

I was able to salvage the character after finding shock nova and getting a bunch of minion life passive skills, and eventually i got a minion life support gem which i linked to both of my minion spells so they can take 3-5 hits before dieing now
I also took Minion Instability which causes minions to explode on death dealing 30% of their max life as fire damage
So if i just keep casting them next to the enemy as they die it will kill everything eventually
This is the build i decided to go with: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113GtQTkIhpspqyIQJAzna6nCNkLKpj6gI9G0NCboUjn99fMvBCXRASFYKrE3fO2hn1TeubnatR8gpspT-w4GjinhJBVwBpZ81orLKe4k-vuKPqVIEZxEQ-wd4LHQYd6uK6Tbqo_J9QVXAwlr9P7qH1akWqstAyTJ7-XyT3yHtgkNsUfApwth2Wvt0kbLJxJsgLja9t9GOyKNtjxbOxVl4UqjYgb74VVrkSrj6ZzUwdjVyusqnKp9zL460GqFHEGDmP9Ja0J9gPG_QtNufsJJwv-SQ==
With Summon Specter, Raise Zombie, Flame Totem, Anger, Summon Skeleton, Flammability, and some 7th skill i havent decided on, probably another aura
Theres 1 point missing because i havent decided if i want to take Ancestral Bond, which makes it so i cant deal damage but can summon 2 totems at a time
I dont know how it will work with minion instability, or if it will prevent my fire damage and elemental damage bonuses from working with my aura for the minions

And never take the Sparks skill as the first one, it sucks so bad, it was the main reason i was having so much trouble with this character

Also i found this: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Quest_Rewards
Which is basically a list of skills that you can get as you complete quests to make it easier to plan out a character

And i have another complaint with the game, theres a really long period of time where you get no new spells between about level 6 and level 11
I guess it depends on how fast you get through the areas, but theres like 5 or 6 areas you have to go through in order to complete the next quest to get another spell, its crazy
Its the same with 11 to 19, theres these huge gaps where you dont get spells (unless you get lucky and find them from drops) its kindve annoying
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 8:01 pm

haven't played that far yet, still level 4 Razz
but so far i agree with the spell thing. don't understand why you have to find a spell gem thing w/e it's called and but you don't have a skill tree. if it continues it'd have the same problem as diablo 3 where everyone gets the same skills and probably wouldn't have much diversity in character builds.

but the skill/stats tree thing (idk how to describe it in a different way from skill tree) is really cool.

idk what else, haven't done much

oh i don't like the animations and how you stay still for like half a second after using something
does it gets better at higher levels with more attack speed?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 10:50 am

hlw_rocer wrote:
but so far i agree with the spell thing. don't understand why you have to find a spell gem thing w/e it's called and but you don't have a skill tree. if it continues it'd have the same problem as diablo 3 where everyone gets the same skills and probably wouldn't have much diversity in character builds.
It no where near as bad as d3's system
D3's skill system is linear 1 track of skills that unlock automatically as you play

The system in path of exile works more how like i thought D3's system was going to work (with runes), if you read my old posts on d3 youll see i was talking about how finding runes and using them to modify skills completely would be awesome, thats pretty much how it is here with support gems

Finding the skills too is an extension of that, it is weird but you can trade for the skills you want, or make another character and get to the quest where that character unlocks the skill you want
For example in order to get Summon Spectre for my main character im going to make a witch and get her to 1 of the early quests in act 2 (my witch will be a cold aoe glass cannon) and transfer it over to my main character
Theres only 11 skills in the game that you have to find from a drop (or trade for), the rest can be attained through leveling alt characters (theres about 130 skill gems in total)

My complaint was about how spaced out the quests were, making it so you have to go through multiple areas before you get a new spell
After thinking about it, its kindve the same in D2, except there you would put a point into a skill you already had at every level, and here your gems gain exp as you do
So it just feels slower (also the areas are a lot bigger then d2)
Plus i got used to the way Torchlight 2 did things with having multiple side quests all over the areas you explore
Path of Exile has quests you can find too but they arent really side quests

Overall though its not as bad as i initially thought, skills drop pretty frequently (although most wont really be useful to you, 1 has been for me so far) and i made a marauder (to get Anger) and since i didnt need to rely on summons i was using a bunch of skills (although i did transfer some of the skills i found with my main character that he couldnt or wouldnt use to him)

hlw_rocer wrote:
but the skill/stats tree thing (idk how to describe it in a different way from skill tree) is really cool.
The passive tree is awesome
Its shared by all classes, your class just determines your starting location on it
Its kind of intimidating though, i had to read the wiki and use this: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree
For some reason the tree in game doesnt have a search function like that web page tree does, it really needs a search function in game
But basically you can use that page to search for something you want to do and figure out what path to take to get to it

The tree is pretty logical though once you understand it
Basically there 3 areas, strength, intelligence, and dexterity, red nodes are strength related passives, blue is int, and green is dex
Everything stacks with everything in a logical way
For example lets look at Anger which is an aura that adds fire damage to you and allies within range of the auras physical attack
Fire damage is an element so it gets bonuses from elemental damage and fire damage passive skills
Since Anger applies to your attack it doesnt count as a spell so it doesnt get bonus damage from spell damage passives, but it does get bonus damage from weapon elemental damage passives
In fact you can have a weapon that has no elemental damage on it, use Anger, and get the weapon elemental damage bonus if you have those passives
Every skill in the game follows that type of logic as far as i can tell

hlw_rocer wrote:
oh i don't like the animations and how you stay still for like half a second after using something
does it gets better at higher levels with more attack speed?
You have to stop fully to use anything, you can get faster attack speed or faster cast speed to lower the amount of time you need to stay stopped (in addition to increasing your number of attacks per second), but if you keep using something over and over again you will have to stand still until you stop using it
Spells seem to take longer then physical skills, some spells take forever

You have to stutter step micro in order to avoid damage and still attack
It should stop being a problem at later levels though, not because you attack faster, but because by that point you wont really need to avoid damage as much, or youll be able to kill stuff before it can do damage at all (youll still have to do it vs bosses though)

My complaint about the currency items was dumb
Eventually you get stacks of the crap (almost 100 wisdom scrolls and almost 40 portal scrolls at level 24)
And theres a way to get infinite wisdom scrolls (make a new character, get through the tutorial area, deposit the 3 scrolls that character starts with in your stash, since its shared between all characters, delete character, repeat) not that you need to
The other currency items arent as common but ive found enough so that i havent had any trouble with buying anything or with upgrading items to better quality
And ive been holding on to every rare item ive found so currency items arent nearly as valuable as i originally thought

My new complaint about the currency items is that you get so many different ones, some stack up to 40 and others stack up to 20, and so far i have 17 1x1 slots in my stash occupied with just different types of currency items
There really should be a currency item tab that holds everything in a list
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:52 am

This is my first time playing a mmorpg and it's great. Mostly what pat said, but I died all the time, I wasn't using pots, after I died, A lot, I read them and realized the fill up again, so I've been dying less. I'm a duelist named marksoccer.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Path of exile isnt really an mmorpg
It has global chat (which isnt global its only for your difficulty level), but other then that its party based
Its an arpg with towns that others show up in and global chat, if you play an actual mmorpg youll see the difference that im talking about

But yeah you need to use pots in this game, its not as bad at higher levels, you can actually stop using pots completely except for boss battles

Im level 30 with my main character, in act 3, hes a templar that summons the dead
I thought it would be funny to have a templar, who worships god and regularly says lines about his devotion to his god, to be a necromancer, implying that the god he worships is some sort of demon, he says one line after i killed a bunch of guys that was "i hope you find peace" while i was raising them into brainless zombies to do my bidding, and another line like "this is god's will" while my zombie and skeleton army massacre bears in a forest, im just thinking "yep, my undead army will 1 day eliminate all animals on this planet because god willed it"
Its hilarious

If you want ill make a new character to play with you since im such high level it wont be any fun for you since my undead army will kill everything, i need to make a witch anyway because i want summon specter for my templar and the only way to guarantee that i get that skill is to play a witch
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:14 pm

kk i have the time to play now
hit level 13 today, catching up to slayer who's 16
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:01 pm

does any1 still play this game? i get on and dun ever see anyone
im on the next difficulty at like lvl 34
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:22 pm

i quit as i told you on lol
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Im level 31 or 32 in act 3 on the first difficulty, i havent quit just havent had time to play really
I intend to play it again at some point

hlw_rocer wrote:
Why did you quit
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
Im level 31 or 32 in act 3 on the first difficulty, i havent quit just havent had time to play really
I intend to play it again at some point

hlw_rocer wrote:
Why did you quit

i got bored of the game and everytime i try to do the first quest i just exit out of the game
idk i may give it another shot eventually but i wont be playing it for now
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:46 pm

there is a new patch that wiped everyones passive tree or w/e it is, so you can redo your tree however you want now if anybody cares
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:45 pm

Now that diablo 3 reaper of souls released im itching to play an action rpg again so im probably going to play this again for awhile to scratch that itch

Ill probably make a new character, play that for a bit, before switching to my old character, unless someone else wants to play on a new character, then id stay on the new character so we can play together
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:08 pm

i started up ago like 2 weeks ago currently level 60 on ambush leauge
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:10 pm

i still have my old character and its a really high level, probably around level 80 i cant remember.  there was a new patch that reset the talent trees so id need to find a good build which is hard cuz i think my build got nerfed. i also started a character on hannys ambush league thing but i only got to level 6 or 7. i need to find a good build and ive been having trouble finding one. on poe it is VERY critical to find a good build or else you are too weak to do anything.

they added a new last boss since the last time youve played. idk about lower difficulties but on the last difficulty hes insanely hard to kill alone. my character is about 15 levels higher than him and i die about 20 times killing him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Path of Exile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Path of Exile   Path of Exile I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Path of Exile
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: Other Games-
Jump to: