Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Planetside 2 I_vote_lcap26%Planetside 2 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Planetside 2 I_vote_lcap35%Planetside 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Planetside 2 I_vote_lcap19%Planetside 2 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Planetside 2 I_vote_lcap0%Planetside 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Planetside 2 I_vote_lcap0%Planetside 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Planetside 2 I_vote_lcap10%Planetside 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Planetside 2 I_vote_lcap10%Planetside 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Planetside 2

Go down 
+2
Eat_bacon_daily
Pat1487
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Planetside 2 is going to be an MMOFPS, the sequel to Planetside

Its currently in alpha and not available to be played yet
It will be free to play, similar to the way LoL or Tribes Ascend is free to play, when it does release

The gameplay is like a class based FPS, but with 1000s of people fighting in the same battle
Different classes include the engineer, the light assault, the medic, the heavy assault, and the infiltrator
There will be more classes added
A quick overview of the classes:
Engineer: Can deploy mini manned turrets that can auto fire at targets in range, can repair stuff (vehicles/base stuff) can deploy different types of mines
Light assault: Very quick, has a jetpack for even more maneuverability
Medic: Can heal others, can buff others with different types of positive effects revive others
Heavy Assault: Can carry the most amount of weapons or the heaviest weapons, slow moving, has a personal shield that uses energy to absorb damage
Infiltrator: Can cloak, can use a stealth vehicle which is very silent and can cloak, can backstab enemies for increased damage

There are 3 factions, the Terran Republic, the Vanu Sovereignty, and the New Conglomerate
You play on the side of 1 of those factions and fight for control of various continent by taking outposts and bases that are located on the planet

Controlling a base gives your faction certain benefits, depending on the type of base and its location (im not sure if the location matters)
You capture bases by controlling and holding 5 (possible less or more) important points that are located in different positions inside the base
Taking an outpost only requires you to capture 1 or 2 points

To help you take these bases you can pilot many different types of vehicles
Each vehicle has different abilities and are each better suited for best suited for a specific task
You can customize a vehicle to your play style

To help defend these bases there are (currently) 2 types of turrets mounted along the walls that only work for the faction that owns that base
Certain classes on the attacking side can hack the turrets and allow them to be used by anyone
Most of the doors only open for the faction that owns that base and must be hacked to open for anyone by the enemy so that they can get in (that was in Planetside 1, im not sure if this returns in Planetside 2, i assume it does)
Alternatively the attackers could just destroy the generators and not hack anything since everything that power certain spawn points or force fields needs power to work

I played the first Planetside back when it was newish and it was awesome but this looks even better

There arent many gameplay videos yet, but here is a bit

Last edited by Pat1487 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Looks nice, FPS games are always fun to play and addicting anyway, but doesn't seem to be too diffrent from any other FPS. If my computer can run it, i might try it, but not alone.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:27 pm

The main difference is that the battles are huge
I dont know of many FPSs that have 1000s of people in the same battle
Back to top Go down
olonavy
Corporal
Corporal

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:32 pm

YOU ARE NEVER ALONE BACON <3. ILOVEYOU.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:34 pm

I would play with you bacon
Although it would probably end up just being you and me since no one ever started playing tribes ascend
And unlike tribes ascend you actually do need a team in planetside 2
The game gives you the ability to join squads (like groups) easily but having people that you know is better

Theres a clan system called outfits in planetside
Im not going to make one for TMMM, for 2 reasons
1. I dont think ill really have enough time to play the game, the beta hasnt even started yet (although i got an email today about it to submit my computer specs so it will probably start soon), and in august i wont be playing games at all, and after that i dont know how much ill be playing
2. Probably no one here will play it at all, so theres really no point in making a TMMM outfit anyway

A 6th class was announced for the game awhile ago
The MAX
Its an exosuit that has very low mobility (cant even jump) but amazing firepower and high armor, it can dual wield 2 different types of weapons (or 2 of the same weapons), the weapons you can dual wield can be anything from a chaingun to a flamethrower, even an anti-air flak cannon
While in a max suit you cant fit in many of the vehicles (1 or 2 MAX units can fit into a galaxy transport ship), and the MAX cant hack control points

Pat1487 wrote:
Controlling a base gives your faction certain benefits, depending on the type of base and its location (im not sure if the location matters)
The location doesnt matter for the benefits that you gain from owning a base, the map is broken up into hexagons (like civ 5, or other recent turn based strategy games), although most of the hexagons are grouped together to form non hexagonal shapes

Planetside 2 PS21
That was the best pic i could find of the map screen
Location is important when trying to capture a base because, it is much harder to take an area that is surrounded by areas owned by the enemy then it is to take an area that has some of the areas you own around it
The time it takes for the base to turn over to your faction is longer when surrounded by areas owned by the enemy

Also, I was vague when i said "your faction gets certain benefits" thats because i didnt know what the benefits where at that time, but i do now (sort of)
There are different types of bases in the game, each has its own design and each one generates a different type of resource over time, controlling them gives you that resource periodically
The resources are spent on vehicles, grenades, ammo(?), and upgrades(?), maybe some more stuff too
The resources aren't shared, everyone has their own personal supply
I think theres another way to gain these resources so that you dont have to rely solely on time to get more, but im not sure (probably through kills and/or capturing) (it would suck if you had to rely on time to pass to get more because when you run out youd be forced to stop playing for awhile, so it would be stupid if there wasnt another way to get resources)

Oh, and i forgot to mention that friendly fire is always on in the game
So you can kill your teammates by accident, though there is a penalty for doing so, especially if you start doing it on purpose
Back to top Go down
13Phoenix
Corporal
Corporal

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:17 am

Well, I would play if you told me how to get the beta and stuff, it sounds entertainting and everything. Except next week im having major shoulder surgery... So i wont play often, but I would enjoy playing with everyone again.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:21 pm

You can sign up for the beta here: http://www.planetside2.com/
The beta hasnt started yet though, and they havent set a date, but 2 days ago they sent out emails that seem to indicate that it might start soon-ish, maybe
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:33 pm

This game does look pretty cool, but the last time I heard a FPS (MAG) talk about how massive the battles will be, it failed horribly.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:23 am

Something about games that involve strategy surrounding hexagons makes me excited (I think I've always had a crush on hexagons, i know everyone likes to talk about how triangles are the hottest shape, but honestly I'd take a hexagon over a triangle any day)
So anyway, i decided to sign up for the beta... but guess what... the name "achilles42" was already taken...
What. The. Flying. Fuck.

The only explanation is that i became a celebrity without realizing it, so everyone wants my name now.

Edit: And then after thinking it was for mac since i did RESEARCHEZZ and saw a whole bunch of mac peeps talking about it as if they were planning to play the beta... i found out it was only for PC... ;'(
SCREW THE WORLD!!! FORMER GAMER ANGRY!! ACH SMASH!!!

But hopefully there will be a mac beta later at least.
Or maybe they'll just release the mac version without testing so it will be riddled with stability issues.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:28 pm

mazemasta77 wrote:
This game does look pretty cool, but the last time I heard a FPS (MAG) talk about how massive the battles will be, it failed horribly.
I looked that game up and it didnt fail because of the massive battles it failed because of, bugs, stiff animations, unbalanced factions, an overall lack of content and polish for the price and just general technical awkwardness
Planetside 2 has been in alpha for awhile and will be in beta soon so all of that should be dealt with by the time beta is over

Achilles.42 wrote:
Something about games that involve strategy surrounding hexagons makes me excited (I think I've always had a crush on hexagons, i know everyone likes to talk about how triangles are the hottest shape, but honestly I'd take a hexagon over a triangle any day)
Squares used to be the big boss in town, triangles cowered in fear of them
But then hexagons came round and squares ran off because they know how badass hexagons are and didnt want to mess with that

Achilles.42 wrote:
So anyway, i decided to sign up for the beta... but guess what... the name "achilles42" was already taken...
What. The. Flying. Fuck.

The only explanation is that i became a celebrity without realizing it, so everyone wants my name now.
Its not that uncommon, Achilles is well known, 42 is well known, someone else put them together
My name is taken sometimes too

Achilles.42 wrote:
Edit: And then after thinking it was for mac since i did RESEARCHEZZ and saw a whole bunch of mac peeps talking about it as if they were planning to play the beta... i found out it was only for PC... ;'(
SCREW THE WORLD!!! FORMER GAMER ANGRY!! ACH SMASH!!!

But hopefully there will be a mac beta later at least.
Or maybe they'll just release the mac version without testing so it will be riddled with stability issues.

Those mac people will probably play it using bootcamp or something similar, like the way you could
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:48 pm

yeah, idk if i want to partition my hard drive for a game, though.
I was looking at the specs when i was making my failed attempt at signing up for the beta, and i was either at the bottom or near the bottom for processing power, ram, graphics, etc.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:27 pm

I got into the beta for this
Apparently i got in awhile ago i just found out about it today, they didnt even send me an e-mail i just checked the site and it said my account was active when i was checking up on it so i dled it and logged in and it worked
I have no idea why i didnt get an email but maybe the same happened for others

If you signed up for the beta go here: http://www.planetside2.com/download
Click download and log in, if it lets you dl the stuff then you got in, if it doesnt then you didnt get in

I havent played it yet, i started it up, all the graphics auto set to medium and i was only getting 20 fps, lowered the settings and only get 30 fps, the game is really hard to run
Ill probably play it tomorrow and might make a post then with screenshots and thoughts about the game if i can get it running at a reasonable fps (at least 40)

---------------------------------

So i played it for awhile today
I had to lower everything to the lowest possible settings to get it to run at 40fps (except render quality i left that at 100% since it didnt really give any more fps by lowering it)
During times when no one was around and barely anything was on screen i got 60fps, but in huge battles my fps would drop to 30
Also while flying my fps spikes up and down making it really hard to fly
Ive heard of people with top of the line computers (16gb ram, i7@4ghz,2 680s sli) running it at medium and only getting 40-50fps, the game is ridiculously hard to run
So all the screenshots here are taken on the lowest possible settings

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2018-04-13-46
The first character creation screen

Planetside 2 has 3 factions (all human)
The Vanu Sovereighty (VS), they beleive alien technology is the way forward, they use laser weapons and hover tanks, their stuff is built to be more accurate/versatile, they wear purple and teal
The New Conglomerate (NC), they beleive any form of government or control is wrong, they use scavenged pieces of weapons/equipment/vehicles to make their own weapons/equipment/vehicles, their stuff is built to hit harder than the other factions but not none of it is as reliable, they wear blue and yellow
The Terran Republic (TR), they beleive authority and control is the only way to survive, they use well built military like equipment, their stuff is built to last long and be reliable, they wear black and red

Play NC if you want to kill in as few shots as possible assuming you can aim and hit with all of those shots
Play TR if you want to unload a storm of bullets into your enemies until they fall over dead
Play VS if you want something in between those 2, also hover tanks

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2018-05-53-02
This is the character customization screen

There is very little character customization right now
It is beta so maybe they will change it but right now there are only 4 different faces for each gender
And you wear a helmet all the time so you will never see your face making this customization pointless

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2019-07-47-07
After picking a server and making your character you spawn into something like this

Im using the radial hud which puts health energy and an ammo bar around the cross hair
Its easier for me that way, it fades out when its full (i purposely depleted a bit so you could see it all at the same time for this screenshot)
By default that info will be shoved at the bottom right corner

The brown bar on the right is the ammo, there is also a numerical ammo counter at the bottom center of the screen (31/199 in the screenshot), your grenade count is under that (you can only hold 1 at the start)
The blue bar on the left is energy, not all classes have energy, right now it displays as empty for classes that dont have energy which is annoying, your energy is also the circle next to the ammo/grenade count at the bottom center
The green and blue bar at the bottom of the crosshair is your health and shield, you wont take health damage until your shield is depleted, your shield regens rapidly if you havent taken damage for awhile, your health does not regen over time

Theres also a bunch of symbols and letters
The letters are control points, a green square around the letter means that you own that point, a different colored diamond (depending on the faction, blue for NC, purple for VS, red for TR) mean that an enemy owns that point, flashing squares/diamonds means someone is currently taking that point, gray diamonds means that point is neutral
There are a bunch of other symbols, im not going to go over them all, in this screenshot you can see gun looking things and a triangular thing that has 2 arrows like this < > and a circle on top thats 53m away
The guns are weapon stations (you can resupply your grenades or ammo there) most of them are easy to figure out what they are (a plane looking thing will be a place to get aircraft for example), the other thing is a generator of sorts

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2018-27-01-56
This is the what the triangular symbol i was talking about is

These things can power spawn points or force fields, destroying them will shut those down
They will not repair themselves, an engineer will have to repair them so if you destroy one in an enemy base and then take that base you wont be able to use w/e it was powering until someone (or you) fixes it

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2018-29-30-06
A section of the biolab facility, 1 of 3 facility types

The biolab is my favorite facility, its a giant dome thats high up in the air that has buildings and trees in it
The only way to enter it from the ground is to use a teleporter (there are 3 different teleporters that lead into it, each teleporter requires that you own something in order to use it, 1 teleporter requires you to have control of point A to use it, another requires control of point B and the 3rd requires you have control of the facility itself (the 3rd can only be accessed by the faction that is defending

There are only 3 facilities types but each one has a different layout
All biolabs are domes like this but the layout of the buildings and trees inside each are all different, even the locations of points can be different (i know at least 1 biolab has a jump pad that leads up to it where all the others have only teleporters)
There are at least 50 facilities on the map, i havent counted

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2018-08-31-45
The map

This is the map zoomed all the way out, its huge, that biolab where i took those screenshots is about the size of 1 of the hexes here, not every hex is a facility, the hexes are grouped based on facility location
The numbers that each group of hexes has is how many resources that hex group is worth, taking facilities will turn that hex group over to your faction and if it is connected to a hex group that is connect to your warpgate you will gain the resource it gives every couple of minutes
Your warpgate is a safe place that enemies cant enter (they can see you while your in it though, if they are close enough), the TR warpgate is in the bottom left, the VS warpgate is in the bottom right and the NC warpgate is in the top middle
The color of the hex group tells you who owns it, red is TR, purple is VS, blue is NC
That VS area in the middle of NC territory isnt gaining resources for the VS because it isnt connected to a hex that can connect to their warpgate

The exclamation marks are hotspots, these are areas where there is heavy fighting, once every 30 mins you can click a hotspot and drop pod into it instantly to get right into the action (you can also use the hotspot list to the bottom right)
The check boxes on the right let you filter what the map displays, i like having everything display at the same time
The resources on the right tell you how much your gaining over time, you have to be logged in to get resources
The bottom 3 resources (the greeen orange and yellow ones) are used to buy vehicles and explosive type weapons (grenades/c4) you can have a maximum of 750 of each, once they are out you cant buy vehicles until you gain more (you can also gain some by capping and killing)
The top resource is called araxium (i probably spelled it wrong) and is used to unlock new weapons or buy implants, its also the resource you get the most from doing stuff (think of it like IP from LoL)

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2018-52-52-01
The store screen, available implants

You start with 1 implant slot and can unlock more, up to 3 or 4 (i dont know how to unlock more but you can, maybe at higher levels)
They give you small boosts are can only be bought with araxium, i think the gold ones (the first 4 in that screenshot) are only purchasable with station cash (real money) but the cash system isnt working yet
The gold implants seem to be something like XP or IP boosters from LoL, there is a separate slot (only 1) for gold implants
The store is also where you can unlock weapons, there are dozens of weapons but only 5 or 6 are currently available in the beta (and they are all for MAX and heavy assault), you can only use araxium to buy weapons (theres no cash option on the menu) and hopefully they keep it that way
You can buy cosmetic things or exchange araxium for the other resources (you cant change the other resources into araxium though)

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2018-55-13-93
Cosmetic stuff

There is a ton of cosmetic stuff that can only be bought with real money, just look at that scroll bar, and thats just for vehicles, you can get weapon cosmetic stuff too
None of it is available in the beta since the cash system isnt in yet

All of this stuff is just for looks though, none of it actually does anything useful (not even camo because camo will be faction colored, not green or brown)
For useful stuff you can use certifications

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2018-51-11-46
Certification screen

You gain certifications for killing, capping, destroying stuff in a base, pretty much everything good you do gets you points and points get you certifications
You also gain certification points while your offline for some reason (might be a bug, i like it though)
Certifications can give you more armor, a better scope for your weapon, more grenades, different grenade types, better special abilities, deployable spawn beacons, better accuracy, the ability to use medkits, better vehicle control, tons of different stuff
Most of them cost 99999 because they are disabled in the beta
Each class has there own certifications, some classes can use the same weapons and certifying in that weapon unlocks it for the weapon for any class that can use it
Each vehicle has its own certifications
Universal certifications work for all classes
Leadership certifications work for all classes

The first things i got were more armor, medkits and a better scope

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2018-41-35-88
The IRNV scope which costs 35 certification points

This scope is the best scope in the game, in my opinion, it shows people and vehicles in orange, everything else is gray
It takes longer to switch into the scope then it does to switch into other sights, and everyone shows as orange enemies and allies alike so it does have its downsides, but it works at night (the night is really dark and flashlights are bugged right now) and its pretty easy to tell who your allies are even when using it

In that screenshot you can see the person directly in front of me is an ally and the guy off in the distance is an enemy (allies have blue arrows above them)
The galaxy that is parked there is an enemy aircraft, but it looks friendly because an ally is standing on top of it or flying behind it (i know its an enemy because i saw it before using the scope, also its on the minimap)

The further away something is the harder to make out what it is so its maximum range isnt that great but its far enough for this gun (putting it on a sniper rifle would be a terrible idea)
This scope also limits your field of view just as bad as a sniper scope would so using it all the time you are likely to be killed by someone to your left or right where they are just out of view

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2019-05-33-56
The spawn screen

This is what you see after you die
The orange skull is where you died, the green dots are avaiable spawn points
The list on the right can also be used to select your spawn points, it tells you how far from your death point that spawn point is
The nearest spawn point is 230 meters away in that screenshot, which may not seem that far by looking at that map but it does take awhile to run on foot
You can also switch classes on this screen instead of having to go to the class screen

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2019-03-20-90
The class screen (the black line you see going over the padlock icon on custom loadout 2 is the laser pointer i have on my gun to increase its accuracy, in beta it renders as a black line in this screen for some reason, you cant see it in game at all)

You can have 3 different loadouts for different weapons and abilities, i have no idea how to unlock the loadouts
You can change your weapons, ability type, sheild type, grenade type, and tool type here
Each class has a unique ability but that ability has different types, for example the infiltrator can cloak but he might have a cloak that lasts a long time but doesnt work that great up close, or he might have one that works for a very short time but cant be seen at all, you can only use 1 of those at a time and use this screen to switch between them

Vehicles have a similar screen

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2019-02-49-50
The vehicle screen

Vehicles have loadouts and certifications just like classes, you can change the type of weapons they use
There are currently 7 vehicles
The Flash is a fast atv with no weapons or armor, its used as a cheap and quick way to get 1 person from one place to another

The Sunderer is a bus that can carry 11 people, it is pretty slow, has guns, and is well armored, the driver gets to control 1 gun while the others are each controlled by someone else

The Lightning is a tank, it carries 1 person, its pretty fast and has moderate damage and moderate armor

The Prowler/Magrider/Vanguard is a tank that can fit 2 people, the 2nd person controls a turret gun, it is heavily armored, slow, and does heavy damage to targets, The Prowler is the TR version of this tank, it fires faster, the magrider is the VS version is more maneuverable, the vanguard is the NC version it hits the hardest

The Mosquito/Scythe/Reaver is an attack plane, very fast and maneuverable, only holds 1 person, the differences between these are about the same as above with the different tank versions

The Liberator is a bombing plane, it can hold 3 people, the pilot gets a gun that shoots forward, the 2nd person gets a gun that shoots back and the 3rd person can drop bombs (requires someone in the 3rd seat to fire bombs, the pilot cant do it)

The Galaxy is a transport plane, it can hold 12 people, has 3 guns, 1 on top and 2 on the wings (each gun is controlled by a different person), the pilot doesnt get to control any of the guns, jumping out of this plane while in mid flight wont kill you upon landing (jumping out of any other plane will kill you if you fall far enough) jumping out while flying is called hotdropping

The galaxy can be used when you are alone but you should really pick people up in it and not just fly it by yourself (it costs 400 resources, the most expansive vehicle in the game)
Having a squad is probably best if you want to drive it

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2019-04-34-63
The social screen

Theres a way to find squads if you arent in one, i think the ones shown here are based on distance and only ones close to you are shown
The auto join thing is bugged (i think) because it almost always puts you with 1 other guy and thats it
Outfits are like clans
Friends is your friend list
Communications is a chat room for your outfit/squad and (maybe) friends (you could also just use the chat window at the top left in game, but the one in communications might be easier to read)
The video section is where you can upload videos to youtube or twitch.tv, it can record and upload when finished recording automatically (i might use it later just to see how well it works)

And thats everything i think
The game is a lot of fun
Flying is easier then i initially thought it would be (when im not lagging), i hated flying at first because moving the mouse horizontally causes you to roll instead of turn (A and D turn you) and this confused me greatly until i stopped thinking about it and let my hands do what they had to do to do what i wanted to do, its really hard to explain
I still have trouble with hovering in place (there might be an auto hover button that i missed, the way ive been hovering is stupid, but it works good enough)
And landing without taking damage is a pain

There are some things i dont like about the game though
Most of them are complaints because im comparing it to planetside 1

The first thing is that any class (except max) can hack, it used to be that you needed a special tool to hack but now you dont, i wish you had to have that tool
Another thing is that you only need to stand near the point to hack it, back in planetside 1 you needed to focus on the thing to hack it and you couldnt attack or move, i think you should have to be defenseless while hacking alone
In planetside 1 you had an inventory that was similar to diablo 2's inventory, where you have spaces and can play tetris to fit stuff into it, this system would allow you to take a sniper rifle while using heavy armor for example, or take a rocket launcher with the cloaking armor (this would be stupid since you could only fit 1 or 2 rockets with that armor but you could still do it) in planetside 2 theres no way to do that, only the infiltrator can use sniper rifles, i hope they add something in that lets you mix and match a bit more
In planetside 1 you could hack doors (with that hack tool) and lock/unlock ally/enemy doors, this would slow the enemy down and i really wish they would bring them back in some way
In planetside 1 you could hack enemy vehicles/turrets (again with the hack tool) and hijack them for yourself, currently in planetside 2 there is no way to steal enemy vehicles and i want them to add that
In planetside 1 you could deploy automated turrets, the only turret you can deploy in planetside 2 has to be manned (and must be manned by the person that deployed it which is just dumb, they should let others use it if the person that deployed it isnt there), so i would like to see them add deployable auto turrets

The rest of my complaints are about balance issues, the NC stuff seems much better than anything else, but it is beta and balance will probably change a ton so i wont complain too much about it
The NC starting area seems better too, they can take the whole top of the map without much trouble where as the other 2 factions are both on the bottom of the map and the sides have less area to them then the top does

I might post more screenshots if something cool/buggy happens
If anyone else has the game tell me
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:41 am

Omg Pat. How long does it take you to type these essay long posts?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Not that long, the time it takes to write is spread out over time, i write parts of it in notepad while im playing, after i take the screenshot or whenever i see something that makes me think of something

I played a bit more today
They made it too much FPS and not enough RPG
Planetside 1 had a good balance between rpg and fps because it had inventories and looting and specializations into certain things (rpg style skills) which made that character feel like a soldier
In Planetside 2 they removed all that, the certification system just adds to what you can already use, like perks or unlocks in modern FPS rather than an RPG style skill system, you can switch into whatever you want whenever you feel like it which makes your character feel like a tool for you to use to do whatever you need to do at that moment

Its still fun to play but not as good as planetside 1 was
I hope they add some of the rpg elements the first game had back into it

Also i was wrong about some things in my last post
The galaxy has 4 weapons not 3 (1 on top, 2 on the wings, and 1 on the back)
The sunderer can hold 12 people (i forgot about the driver)
There aren't at least 50 facilities on the map, there are maybe 12, i was referring to there being at least 50 capturable bases, the facilities are the really large ones that give you araxium, the rest are smaller and give you 1 of the other 3 resource types
I made it sound like the biolab was the only place that has teleporters, most of the facilities have teleporters, and they only work for the faction that controls them

Heres some more screenshots:

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2023-12-03-31
The view from on top of a biolab (above the shield)

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2023-15-11-02
The view of the biolab from the place i was looking at in the above screenshot

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-09%2023-17-11-34
A vehicle that i took a screenshot of for some reason

Planetside 2 PlanetSide2%202012-09-10%2000-45-22-25
Falling through the world happens more than it should
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:23 pm

So i stopped playing this game a couple weeks ago
I stopped because a patch came out that made it so the game wouldnt start for me

Since then a couple more patches came out and 1 of those fixed the problem that prevent the game from starting for me
But added a new problem in that it now runs at 20-30 fps on the same settings that it used to run at 40-50fps
Its not like the new patches made the graphics better so i dont know why the performance is so much worse
Large battles drop the fps to 10-20 now so its unplayable for me in its current state
But i tried to play it anyway because they added another continent, a snowy wasteland continent which has a lot of fog
The game actually runs slightly better on this continent because of the fog which made it just barely playable at around 30fps

The only problem is that the entire continent is owned by NC and it is pretty much impossible to push out and do anything on it because you get no income while you're on it since you dont own anything and you dont get income from the other continent while your there
Even if you go there with full resources and team up with many many people that also have full resources you cant do it because it takes about 10 mins to a cap a base since you have very little influence in that area, and holding out from a full on assault for 10 mins with no income is impossible, especially since NC has the defenders advantage

I made an NC character but even then there was still nothing to do except camp the other factions warpgates or completely decimate any advance they try to make

I probably wont play again for at least a month
Hopefully they fix the performance and the balance
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Let me summerize this by focusing on the beginning and ending points.

Beginning: "i stopped playing this game awhile ago"
ending: "i stopped playing this game"

By my analysis, you couldn't have gotten much more useless, pat.
Yet more evidence as to why we're gonna have to kill you.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Achilles.42 wrote:
Let me summerize this by focusing on the beginning and ending points.

Beginning: "i stopped playing this game awhile ago"
ending: "i stopped playing this game"

By my analysis, you couldn't have gotten much more useless, pat.
Yet more evidence as to why we're gonna have to kill you.
I do this with all game i play when im playing them, when a patch comes out i describe the patch and my thoughts on the changes, it happened with sc2 and tribes ascend, and maybe minecraft a little bit

But i wanted to explain why i stopped and why i wasnt going to start again
Also i was making the post as i was playing, before i decided not to play again, so instead of just erasing it all i decided to post it anyway describing why i wasnt going to play anymore

But i lied because i did play again
There was a pretty big patch recently, which is why i decided to look at it again
It improved performance, which means that the performance is now just slightly worse then it was when i started playing so they havent made any improvements at all they just fixed some of the stuff they broke
But at least now its playable again

They removed araxium completely, and replaced that system with cert points
So now cert points are used to get everything
They increased the amount of cert you get from doing stuff, i think its about 1 cert point every 250 xp gain, which means you get 2 cert points for successfully defending or capturing a facility and every 3 points you take or 3 people you kill gives you about 1 cert point
But the cert costs for weapons are in the 100s so it will take a very long time to unlock even 1 weapon
The IRNV scope that i like costs around 80 cert points to get, and that scope only works for that weapon too, so i would first have to save up to buy the weapon i want at 250 cert points, then i would have to get another 80 for the scope

Taking facilities has been made more difficult
You now have to overload generators that power force fields that block the points you need to capture
Once the generator starts to overload the defending side is warned and will swarm on that generator
If the attacking side manages to hold on to that generator room the generator will explode and they can move on to the point(s) they need to capture, the defending side can repair the generator to full and it will work immediately once its back to full hp
If the defending side gets to the generator before it overloads they can stop the overload and the attackers have to start the overload again
If the attackers get past a force field while the generator is down and then the defenders bring the generator back up, any attackers on the other side of that force field will be stuck there but can still capture the point
This new system means that most of the fighting is done over generators instead of capturable points
And it sort of fixed the problem with 1 faction owning the whole map because its much harder to take everything, but if a faction ever takes everything again it will be impossible for anyone to take it back
NC doesnt own everything anymore, but i think the admins/devs manually switched or reset territories and took them away from NC because i saw some that were neutral that were being fought over and they never become neutral, they only start like that, which means it mustve been reset at some point

Also they took away most of the fog on Esamir (the snow continent), it was too heavy before and looks alot better now, i wouldve complained about it in my last post but that fog was the only reason i was able to run the game at that time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planetside 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: Other Games-
Jump to: