Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
D3 [Poll] I_vote_lcap26%D3 [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
D3 [Poll] I_vote_lcap35%D3 [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
D3 [Poll] I_vote_lcap19%D3 [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
D3 [Poll] I_vote_lcap0%D3 [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
D3 [Poll] I_vote_lcap0%D3 [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
D3 [Poll] I_vote_lcap10%D3 [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
D3 [Poll] I_vote_lcap10%D3 [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

D3 [Poll]

Go down 
+7
Eat_bacon_daily
Pat1487
popartica.
Serenity09
AmAzIn[G]
hlw_rocer
Kallock
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Are you getting D3?
Yes
D3 [Poll] I_vote_lcap45%D3 [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
No
D3 [Poll] I_vote_lcap18%D3 [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Maybe
D3 [Poll] I_vote_lcap36%D3 [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:08 pm

I cant decide where or not to get D3. I really don't want to spend 60$ on it and not play it, but i've been watching some of the gameplay and it looks interesting to play. i missed the beta, but id like ppl to comment here to say if its worth buying and who i could play with plox
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:47 pm

i'm going to buy it in like a week or two
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:26 pm

ill get it if enough people from tmmm get it lol, i dont want to be playing alone
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:09 pm

cd is giving me a trial key which i guess is the same as the beta but i get to play with everyone (just until the same point the beta ended)
Back to top Go down
popartica.
Corporal
Corporal

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:48 pm

i got it, its actually rly fun no time wasted on identifying scrolls no more its more get up n go.
graphics are meh but w/e the quests r long, there r mnore cinematics, theres two new Demonic Lords added to the franchise which make it longer. theres like 30 spess with 7 different things to do with them. its rly fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Kallock
Sergeant
Sergeant
Kallock

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:31 am

well im glad maze gave me the guest pass to try the game out before buying it because my video card doesnt meet the requirements so i would have wasted money buying the game. so i guess no d3 for me
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 3:05 pm

After playing the beta i posted this
Pat1487 wrote:
Played a monk to the end of the beta, finished at level 9
Game was entertaining to play only because when you hit enemies they go flying, and also because most of the stuff in the environment is destructible
But it was far too easy, you get all your skills automatically, you never need to worry about your inventory or stats
Basically all you do is equip the best armor/weapons you find (it tells you what is best with white outlines on the item), feed gold to the blacksmith to craft better stuff in case you cant find good items, and click enemies to kill everything
Skills unlock automatically as you level, and the game breaks skill slots into categories which wont let you select skills from a different category for that slot, unless you go into the options and turn elective mode on, but the categories it breaks the skills into is the optimal way to use the skills it gives you, so skill customization is pretty much completely handled for you by the game

The story seems like it will be interesting, and the random event quests are cool, i got jar of souls which was pretty fun
I just wish they didnt make it so easy to play
I probably wont be buying it at release

I actually ended up playing all the classes to that same spot by the end of that weekend, i thought maybe it would grow on me or change my mind, but it only reinforced my original assessment

Maze offered me a guest pass but the guest pass only lets you play up to the same point as you could in beta so it wouldnt change my mind about it
Ill probably play it some day just to see the story but im not going to buy it
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:23 pm

I watched all the cinematics, and they all look fucking amazing, also the story is pretty good, considering the fact that you alredy killed diablo and his brothers and the lesser evils, except for those who were invented for this sequel.

Also there is a cow-level type thing in it, and it looks HILARIOUS
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:41 pm

the scenery also looks really nice and passed the expectations i had for the game
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:51 am

Hey pop, you should tell me your account name, because I've been playing this since it came out. Yeah bacon, its a unicorn level. Its pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:39 pm

@the people who played d2
part of the fun of d2 was how many branches and possibilities each class had
and then besides that the variability in items

everytime i see a recap of d3 it looks really fun. but in a really simplified and streamlined sorta way. like there isnt really a learning curve and there isnt really nearly as much customability. ive seen the whole perk thingy and runes but just was kinda underwhelmed by it...

so i guess my question is: if my favorite part of d2 was how complex it is will i still like d3?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
so i guess my question is: if my favorite part of d2 was how complex it is will i still like d3?
No, you wont like it
Thats the problem i had with it after playing the beta

There is no skill customization, you get every skill unlocked for you as you level so you can change to w/e you want at anytime which makes your skill decisions feel like they dont matter
And the items have been spread out across the difficulty levels so that all the ones in normal to hell are garbage and all the ones in inferno are good, this was sort of the case in d2 but it wasnt as bad there since there were runes (real runes) and some decent uniques had a chance of dropping in nightmare

I was really looking forward to d3, you can probably see it in some of my older posts, but it was disappointing in almost every way

I was actually playing the Torchlight 2 beta and it looks much better gameplay wise then d3 does
It has skill trees and stat points
The skill trees arent like regular skill trees though, you can pick a skill from a lower part of the tree without needing the skill(s) above it as long as you meet the level requirement
Theres only 4 classes in it, but since theres skill trees and stat points you can build each of those 4 classes at least 3 different ways and have them feel like different classes (which is impossible in d3)

They also simplified item management, but unlike d3, dozens of items drop every minute so theres a legit reason for simplifying it
Ive had boss fights where my inventory would fill up with magical and rare items
They kept identification scrolls and town portal scrolls though
And the items themselves just feel better then the items in d3, just comparing the first 10 levels of the 2 games, in torchlight 2 you get items with 5-7 modifications on them, in d3 you get maybe 2-3
Theres also spells that you can find randomly and learn (you can only know 5 of these spells at a time), thats in addition to your own class spells/skills

You get a permanent pet, it can hold items and even sell them or buy potions/scrolls without you having to go back to town
It can also learn the spells you can find, but you cant tell it to cast them, it will just auto cast the spell whenever it needs to

You can also change the difficulty at any time, no need to have to play each one so if you want to you can play on the hardest mode right away

There are a few problems i have with the game though
I gave the pet Heal All II which heals the caster and all allies for like 600hp (which was half my hp when i got it), and became pretty much unkillable after that
The outlander (the ranged dps class) is far better then the others, you can get a skill that throws a shuriken, with 2 points into that skill it does massive damage (the damage it does goes up with your level and is not based on your equipment) and bounces to hit 3 targets (it auto locks on to the nearest enemy without you even having to aim), not only that but it benefits from your crit chance, i had a 45% chance to crit with 300% increased crit damage, and if it crits all 3 hits count as crits, so it was insta killing everything except bosses
The story isnt that great from what ive seen so far

Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:24 am

I haven't read pat's comment yet, but if you were a big diablo 2 fan, which I'm pretty sure I remember you were, I don't see why you wont give it a chance. Like I said, I haven't read pat's comment yet but he seems really bias because he wants it to be like Diablo 2. I agree that they simplified it, but I really like the runes. They can either upgrade an ability or sometimes change it quite a bit, which is a really cool idea imo. Maybe there isn't as much customization, but its the same fun Diablo that you used to play. The only thing I can think of that I don't like about it at the moment is the terrible auction house. By the way, while this isn't my favorite game, I don't think I've ever played a game this much, in such a short time, in my life....so yeah, I think you should get it. So by what you said, I take it you didn't play the beta? If you didn't play the beta you can have a guest pass from me, if you want.

Ok.....after reading what pat says I don't quite understand him. You say there are some "decent" items in D2 nightmare difficulty, but all the items from normal-hell in D3 are trash? Wtf are you talking about? It is completely like any other RPG, where you get the best items at the end of the game (inferno), exactly like Diablo 2. So yeah, honestly I feel like pat is just really hating on D3.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:19 pm

the point about items is actually very true
there were a lot of d2 items found in nightmare that were end game for some builds
and if not end game, the next tier up was so far up and for so little actual difference it really didnt matter. for example there was shako, vamp bone, occy (this the least close so far to end game but still pretty good), string of ears and soj's had just as good a chance if not better in nm than hell to drop.

i think im gonna try torchlight over diablo actually... not right yet, im still very busy, but definitely at some point over the summer
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:22 pm

mazemasta77 wrote:
Ok.....after reading what pat says I don't quite understand him. You say there are some "decent" items in D2 nightmare difficulty, but all the items from normal-hell in D3 are trash? Wtf are you talking about? It is completely like any other RPG, where you get the best items at the end of the game (inferno), exactly like Diablo 2. So yeah, honestly I feel like pat is just really hating on D3.

What seren said
Plus runes could take items from being crap to awesome even without needing hell

D3 puts all the best stuff in inferno, instead of the higher difficulties being an option they are mandatory to get the full experience
The items arent the only example of this and are only part of the problem

In D2 you could get the last skill your class could get by the end of normal
In D3 you dont
In D2 enemies only gain different immunities or resistances in higher difficulties
In D3 enemies gain all new skills in higher difficulties

The higher difficulty thing in D2 was never meant to be a key part of the game where as in D3 it is
Now that wouldnt be a problem but you cant select the difficulty you want to play at
So it makes normal mode in D3 feel like a tutorial
I wouldnt mind it so much if there wasnt so much that was simplified

Its not that i want it to be like D2
I was talking about Torchlight 2 and its very different from D2 and yet i still like it
I wanted D3 to be more like an RPG
Its basically a top down shooter with an inventory system the way it is now
It couldve been so much more from the systems they used to have, the stuff i posted about way back in the d3 topic
The old skill rune system looked great for example and i wouldnt have half the complaints i do now if they went with that

Serenity09 wrote:
i think im gonna try torchlight over diablo actually... not right yet, im still very busy, but definitely at some point over the summer
You should still try D3 just to be sure, maze was right when he said i was bias towards it since it disappointed me so much

Also the Torchlight 2 beta ends tomorrow and releases in a month or 2
Its only $20 too and wont stop you from playing when the servers are down
Ill probably make a post about it in other games with screenshots and more info at some point
Back to top Go down
venom180
Recruit
Recruit
venom180

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 7:40 pm

i was playing d3 and was loving it. i have a level 34 monk and was saving items so that i could sell them in the auction. but two days ago bad stuff happend. i logged back on after getting home from school and my guy was naked all of his items were gone, all the stuff in my chest was gone, and all of the gold that i was saving so that i could level up my crafting was gone.

i was hacked but i was not the only one. there were tons of people that got hacked all in the same night. and lots of them contacted blizzard and for the most part it seems like they where pissed on. blizzard just told them that it was there fault that they got hacked. the only thing that blizzard said that they would do is rollback your acount. but that has problmems too. you only get two rollbacks and they can limit what your acount can do if you get a rollback. i am currently trying to get a roll back.

the reason that i wrote this here is because if you are still on the fence about buying or not, now you have some more info. i am still going to play the game because i find the game fun, but i am dissapointed about how blizzard is handling this. they are taking no blame for their game being easy to mess with and are saying that it is our fault.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Yeah, its actually really easy to do, people can see your session ID and use it to log on your account without even needing your pass: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5235706038
You can set up something that automatically collects session IDs
And it doesnt matter if the account has an authenticator

It also works when using a guest pass but since you can only play with other people using a guest pass it wont get you access to an account with the full game
If the person upgrades the account from guest pass to full without changing their session ID then you would have an account with access to the full game but that isnt working out
Im sure theres a way to do it without needing the game, i just havent found how

Thats not to say that i tried it or anything

EDIT: They deleted the topic...

Google cache of the topic (some posts are missing):
Diablo 3 exploit allows session hijacking - Page 1
Diablo 3 exploit allows session hijacking - Page 2
Diablo 3 exploit allows session hijacking - Page 3
Diablo 3 exploit allows session hijacking - Page 4
Diablo 3 exploit allows session hijacking - Page 5
Diablo 3 exploit allows session hijacking - Page 6
Diablo 3 exploit allows session hijacking - Page 7
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:14 am

Venom, I'm not saying they did this, since pat said how easy it is to get hacked, but it IS possible you got a key logger. So yeah, you might want to check that out.

*Still waiting for pop's account name"
Back to top Go down
venom180
Recruit
Recruit
venom180

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 5:59 pm

i dont have a key logger. and i dont think the hundreds of people that got hacked do too. we all got hacked on the same day. so we all would have had to download the same thing from the same place. the only place that all of the hundred of us have in common is d3. wich leads right back to blizzard.
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:54 pm

hit 60 np
who has the game though i know olo got it today
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:07 am

i think its really funny that blizz deleted the topic
had they at least fixed the problem before deleting it?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:53 pm

No, it wasnt fixed then
It is fixed now though

There was a bug that pretty much exposed your session ID anytime you interacted with anyone (the AH, pub games)

The way session ID works is sorta like this
Client (You): Hello server my name is Bob324 and my pass is *****
Server: Your information checks out, hello Bob324
Client: Thanks Server
Server: So we dont have to do this every time you want to do something im going to call you Steve until you leave
Client: Ok server, show me my characters
Server: Ok Steve here are your characters

Thats a basic plain english example of what happens when you log in and go to your character list
Steve is the session id used in this example, in a real situation it would be at least 64 characters long

Once a hacker has your session id he can use it to spoof you

Sorta like this
Client: Server, Steve here, I want to attack that mob
Server: Ok Steve, your energy resource has been reduced to reflect that
Client: Did i hit a mob, server
Server: No Steve, you missed
Hacker: Hello server, Im Steve and i want to see my items
Server: Oh Im sorry Steve i must not have realized something went wrong i thought you were doing something else, ill fix it
*Client gets disconnected*
Hacker: Sure thing server, now sell all my shit
Server: No problem Steve
Hacker: Server, now transfer the gold to this other guy
Server: Got it Steve
Client: Hello server my name is Bob324 and my pass is *****
Server: Your information checks out, hello Bob324
Client: Thanks Server
Server: I didnt realize you had left, ill fix it, so we dont have to do this every time you want to do something im going to call you Hank until you leave
*Hacker gets disconnected*

This example assumes that the person that got hacked will try to log on right away again, if the person doesnt log on again then the hacker could keep that session id until it expires naturally, or until he stops using it

And thats how most of the people got all their stuff taken
I really hate the way blizz seems to be treating people that got hacked
They are not only denying that any of it was their fault but its like they want to make the people that got hacked feel bad for being hacked with how they respond to them
Being hacked is already going to make the person feel bad, theres no reason to kick them while they are down
Back to top Go down
popartica.
Corporal
Corporal

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:46 pm

sry maze my name is FearRarity add me im lvl 53 at hell, also there is a lot of custimization u have to swap between skills to beat sectaint bosses and cenarios u wont always play with the same 5 spells, u swap them around for many difference things im not going to explain my shit dont sound as diverse as pats. im just gunna say it if u still havent bought the game well fuck u dont get it, if any oen has gotten it add me. LETS GET GEAR! Smile
Back to top Go down
mazemasta77
Corporal
Corporal

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:47 am

I need your number pop. Olo still hasn't given me his of course.
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:26 pm

popartica. wrote:
sry maze my name is FearRarity add me im lvl 53 at hell, also there is a lot of custimization u have to swap between skills to beat sectaint bosses and cenarios u wont always play with the same 5 spells, u swap them around for many difference things im not going to explain my shit dont sound as diverse as pats. im just gunna say it if u still havent bought the game well fuck u dont get it, if any oen has gotten it add me. LETS GET GEAR! Smile

you swap them out to MAYBE mf and other things, but after you hit 60 you usually stick with one skill set
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D3 [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Re: D3 [Poll]   D3 [Poll] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D3 [Poll]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: Other Games-
Jump to: