Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_lcap26%Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_lcap35%Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_lcap19%Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_lcap0%Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_lcap0%Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_lcap10%Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_lcap10%Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later Empty
PostSubject: Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later   Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:21 pm

Ok you all know my maps bugged.

Here's the trigger, help me out lol.

I know it's massive, maybe help me simplify it?
Btw: There is 45 units that I have, the reason I made them all level 1 creeps is so that I could add more units with ease (lol I know right, this trigger makes things easier on you? What a joke amaz)

Trigger: Initialization
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later Initia10

Trigger: New Round
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later New_ro10

Trigger: Restart Round
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later Restar10

Variables:
Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later Variab10

Basically if you can help me with this trigger I can finish my map.
(Triggering is my weakest point, I'm really good at terraining tho Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later   Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:47 am

Im not going to make your trigger work because its terrible, honestly i cant even see how its able to make any random units at all
But i will give you a rough rundown of the basics on how to do it better

Make an array for the units
Lets call it playableunits[]
Make its size 45
At map init, set it to all the units they could get, 1 at a time
So set playableunits[1]=Demon Hunter, playableunits[2]=Blademaster, and so on down to 45 and all the units they can get have been added

Make a loop from 1 to 12 (or however many players can play, in your trigger you have it as 12, but then in another area you have it as 8, so im not sure if its 12 max players or 8 )
Inside the loop generate a random number between 1 and 45 and set it to a var, lets call that var randunit
Check if player((Integer A)) is playing
Unit -Create 1 playableunits[randunit] for player((Integer A))
Use this loop any time you need to give a unit to the player (like at a new round and the start of the game)
In fact you can just have a trigger that has this loop and call that trigger when you want to use it so that you dont need to make it more then once

And thats it
You dont need 20 different random variables to make 1 thing random
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later   Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:27 am

Pat1487 wrote:
Im not going to make your trigger work because its terrible, honestly i cant even see how its able to make any random units at all
But i will give you a rough rundown of the basics on how to do it better

Make an array for the units
Lets call it playableunits[]
Make its size 45
At map init, set it to all the units they could get, 1 at a time
So set playableunits[1]=Demon Hunter, playableunits[2]=Blademaster, and so on down to 45 and all the units they can get have been added

Make a loop from 1 to 12 (or however many players can play, in your trigger you have it as 12, but then in another area you have it as 8, so im not sure if its 12 max players or 8 )
Inside the loop generate a random number between 1 and 45 and set it to a var, lets call that var randunit
Check if player((Integer A)) is playing
Unit -Create 1 playableunits[randunit] for player((Integer A))
Use this loop any time you need to give a unit to the player (like at a new round and the start of the game)
In fact you can just have a trigger that has this loop and call that trigger when you want to use it so that you dont need to make it more then once

And thats it
You dont need 20 different random variables to make 1 thing random

Dark already helped me do this but for some reason the stupid trigger didn't work. (And when I say this dark, I don't mean your trigger is stupid, I mean the making a random unit trigger all together is stupid Smile!

Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later Jass110

Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later Jass210

Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later   Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:17 am

If you already got help why didnt your delete your post, or at least say something
Not going to waste my time telling you what to do for your stuff that someone else has already done

Also, 12 calls to the same function in a row, learn to loop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later   Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Me Plox Sooner Than Later
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Warcraft 3 :: WC3 Tutorials and Help-
Jump to: