Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_lcap26%Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_lcap35%Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_lcap19%Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_lcap0%Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_lcap0%Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_lcap10%Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_lcap10%Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RKR.
Recruit
Recruit
RKR.

Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! Empty
PostSubject: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:32 pm

1. Why I putted Locust as abillity in Object Editor and I still see my units in my map.

2. I wanna do Boost Slide trigger like in Maze of fantasy or Maze of glory or whatever
Like Hero Enter Region Slide To The other ! without clicking.

3. How I can Slide my brown units as Patrol ! Like wisp wheel , but I wanna put for example : Footman and make it slide and patrol to another region ?

4. How I Make the Camera Turning around Hero like in A Short Maze , when Unit enter region camera begin to turn around him .

That Was My Questions ! And The futures post is your answers ...

Thank You Very Much For your best answers ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:57 pm

RKR. wrote:

4. How I Make the Camera Turning around Hero like in A Short Maze , when Unit enter region camera begin to turn around him .

I'd have to research the other questions (but they are on this forum somewhere if you look hard enough)

This question in particular though is very simple. I'm not very good with triggering and this is easy even for me.
All you need to do is look at "Camera" in the trigger editor for actions and you will find out how to do this pretty easily, just mess around with it.
It's always more fun doing things yourself when you know you can do them.
Back to top Go down
RKR.
Recruit
Recruit
RKR.

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:39 pm

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
RKR. wrote:

I'd have to research the other questions (but they are on this forum somewhere if you look hard enough)

This question in particular though is very simple. I'm not very good with triggering and this is easy even for me.
All you need to do is look at "Camera" in the trigger editor for actions and you will find out how to do this pretty easily, just mess around with it.
It's always more fun doing things yourself when you know you can do them.

ty ^_^
Back to top Go down
RKR.
Recruit
Recruit
RKR.

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:45 am

RKR. wrote:
1. Why I putted Locust as abillity in Object Editor and I still see my units in my map.

^_^ I found the problem haha ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:42 pm

i wanna clarify a few things. im gonna skip over 1 since it sounds like you figured it out

a boost as in the slide speed increases
or a "boost" that prevents the mazers from turning?

so you want a unit's path to include some parts patrol and some parts more of a circular wisp wheel type thing?
for this type of thing you'd have to do each part of the path individually
ie.
unit enters loc1
order unit to move to loc2

unit enters loc2
call wispwheel(enteringunit)

unit enters loc3
order unit to move to loc1

all in all its a lot more trouble to do than its worth

you could make a jass function which took two regions and generated the "wisp-wheel-like" movement you wanted
this would be easier, but still alotta work for a few interesting patrols

i need to do something like this in my maze
i haven't done it yet so im not sure exactly how to do it but what i'm going to try first is:
nvm its actually more complicated than i thought itd be
i'll post my code and you can just copy and paste it when i finish
i'll try to do it today/tmrrw
Back to top Go down
RKR.
Recruit
Recruit
RKR.

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:50 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
i wanna clarify a few things. im gonna skip over 1 since it sounds like you figured it out

a boost as in the slide speed increases
or a "boost" that prevents the mazers from turning?

so you want a unit's path to include some parts patrol and some parts more of a circular wisp wheel type thing?
for this type of thing you'd have to do each part of the path individually
ie.
unit enters loc1
order unit to move to loc2

unit enters loc2
call wispwheel(enteringunit)

unit enters loc3
order unit to move to loc1

all in all its a lot more trouble to do than its worth

you could make a jass function which took two regions and generated the "wisp-wheel-like" movement you wanted
this would be easier, but still alotta work for a few interesting patrols

i need to do something like this in my maze
i haven't done it yet so im not sure exactly how to do it but what i'm going to try first is:

nvm its actually more complicated than i thought itd be
i'll post my code and you can just copy and paste it when i finish
i'll try to do it today/tmrrw

ty ^_^ i dont really understand for the 3 ! but the 2 is a slide trigger like in mof2 when hero enter region he begin to slide fast to another ! i copied trigger from mog3 but i get an error witht eh custom script lol ...

and i have another question Very Happy : I putted locust and the thing to kill on all brown units ? but only 2 units kill me lol idk why ....
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:56 pm

RKR. wrote:
and i have another question Very Happy : I putted locust and the thing to kill on all brown units ? but only 2 units kill me lol idk why ....

You have to give the units permanent immolation and change the damage to like 9999. They don't have a collision when they are locused.
Back to top Go down
RKR.
Recruit
Recruit
RKR.

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:24 pm

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
RKR. wrote:

You have to give the units permanent immolation and change the damage to like 9999. They don't have a collision when they are locused.

ty but already putted permanent imolation ... =/
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:25 am

RKR. wrote:
AmAzIn[G] wrote:
RKR. wrote:

ty but already putted permanent imolation ... =/

Well check again bitch.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:14 am

post your slide trigger and i can show you how to do number 2

the part about only 2 units killing you is cuz immolation sucks dick
probably you need to change the range of the ability so its big enough to hit any unit that comes close enough

dont worry about 3
its too much trouble for what its worth
or if you really want it, finish everything else then come back to it
Back to top Go down
Race
Recruit
Recruit
Race

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:36 am

btw guys i know i havent been on the forums but fermee asked me to look so i did. btw if any of you play sc2 id be happy to play with you

1. Import AbilityData.slk --- Ask me for the file and change the import path to "Units\AbilityData.slk"

2. I have functions if you want them. and if you're interested, i can teach you how i did the slide on my map so you can learn from it. also if you want to have a good maze, use newgen editor

3. Those sliding patrols...i think i know what you're talking about, its actually a wisp wheel but with no y axis (or x axis) so whoever made it would make the distance 0 or whatever. i have wisp wheels like that if you want me to give them to you and if you want to learn from them i can also show you how to do them and stuffz

4. for the camera spin, you can simply do a periodic trigger which sets the camera to above a unit and make a variable that increases or decreases and then set the turn to that value. if you dont understand i could always just show you what i mean because this is the way i think before i make a part in my mazes which are complicated.

ppl from tmmm -> dont hate me plz

so...

-Get Newgen
-Ask me for help if i ever have time

you are asking for complicated stuff and at your level or triggering i dont think you can fully understand everything. not criticizing, just trying to help
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 9:20 am

see guys
he hasnt been on the forum in like a year and he still remembers his password

Quote :
4. for the camera spin, you can simply do a periodic trigger which sets the camera to above a unit and make a variable that increases or decreases and then set the turn to that value. if you dont understand i could always just show you what i mean because this is the way i think before i make a part in my mazes which are complicated.
raaaawr
that would have been so much easier than how i did it
fdsajkl
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:42 am

lol seren I even do that for camera spins.
Back to top Go down
RKR.
Recruit
Recruit
RKR.

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 7:42 pm

ty dark and yes i will need your help ^_^ but where i can get newgen :O ?
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:15 pm

here

i didn't do it with that guide, but from what i read it looked better then the one i used
Back to top Go down
RKR.
Recruit
Recruit
RKR.

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 1:14 am

ty i got it
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:47 pm

ok
it took me 2 days to do
but its pretty sweet

i'm planning on releasing all the little cool things i made for the map after its finished
but here's the camera thing
test map is here and yes, i did give it 5 stars.
in the end i don't think i'm even gonna use it in my map
but ah well, i learned a lot while doing it

if youre interested in just the code:

Spoiler:

why is this better than what dark or amaz do?

general answer:
its not really, aside from ease of use (after installation) and being leakless - it has only slightly more immediate functionality

answer for people who know jass:
another minute of coding get/set functions and internalizing some of the global limits and this system is ridiculously flexible
like having the equivalent of ice boosters which slow/increase the speed of the camera rotation temporarily
awesome? i think yes
the reason the configuration variables are globals rather than members of the struct, is in general all the cam's you make will be the same and that being the case, constant globals perform drastically better
i'll release the more flexible version with everything else (not till the 16th ish)
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:32 am

Wow Seren this must be a huge accomplishment for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !   Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello all ! I Have questions ! You got answers !
Page 1 of 1