Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
World Bosses I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
World Bosses I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
World Bosses I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
World Bosses I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
World Bosses I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
World Bosses I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
World Bosses I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
World Bosses I_vote_lcap26%World Bosses I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
World Bosses I_vote_lcap35%World Bosses I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
World Bosses I_vote_lcap19%World Bosses I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
World Bosses I_vote_lcap0%World Bosses I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
World Bosses I_vote_lcap0%World Bosses I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
World Bosses I_vote_lcap10%World Bosses I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
World Bosses I_vote_lcap10%World Bosses I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

World Bosses

Go down 
+4
Knight of Gods
Pat1487
venom180
Serenity09
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Serenity09
Serenity09

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:52 am

These are gonna work kind of like wc3 shammies.

A world boss is a guy who does something epic in line with the theme of a given world.

Examples are:
when the server first opened, backseat had backseat tower up n running in like 5 hours. Besides it being a pretty sweet tower, it was also far and away the coolest thing on the world. As a result backseat became the boss of the world (as seen by a nifty sign in the hub world).
Later on, kog built his awesome castle and boss was transfered.

for a world like the mini-game world (not officially open yet) the boss might be someone who wins at a minigame.

or in pvp it might be the guy who has the most kills. or the one who defends an epic castle against everyone else

being a boss is going to mean certain things eventually (its nothing but a title atm). think popcorn not steak though. almost every boss will get a /kick and /ban command, but anything else is dependent on the world they are boss in. for a world like pvp, boss won't even get those. in a world like the minigame world, a boss (and any previous boss) might get the ability to build minigames/gauntlets

Once boss becomes a legit position, ill update this with the current bosses of all the worlds
i'll probably even add in the specifics for each boss
Back to top Go down
venom180
Recruit
Recruit
venom180

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:25 pm

i would like to know how come all the credit goes to jok?? ok may be he spends alot more time on the server than i and maybe he has placed more blocks. but i have done alot of the concept and design work. maybe i could get a little credit once in a while and maaybe be like a mini boss? eh eh Laughing
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: temp   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:26 pm

oh true, i never really considered that
yeah from the sound of it you did just as much work for the castle and at least a fair bit for the gauntlet

k i'll add a secondary sign for now
this probably wont become a common thing though
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:56 pm

You should take a pic of the thing that they built
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:07 am

when i said once boss becomes a legit position ill add the specifics i considered pics to be part of the specifics
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:57 am

i have to break the 1k post to clear things up

venom helped... like 5-7% on the castle. he had only about 2 real ideas and he placed about 5% of the blocks

but the gauntlet was entirely his idea, i did about half the work but the ideas were mostly his

so the gauntlet i would say is somewhere in the venom -55% me -30% seren-15%

and i finished barad-dur but it looks fatter than i thought it would be and i wish i couldve made it 2x taller :d, i had to remodel the eye too cause we built it on a odd scale whereas the tower was even

its empty right now and i dont know what to put in it soo yeap
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:01 am

personally i think the gauntlet is the coolest thing i've seen
i love how much it feels like portal

especially the initial puzzles. the longer ones we did were cool, but i really liked the short and sweet ones.

i'll probably still give him an honorable mention sign until you get displaced
there'll also be a record of the bosses for each world on the sign of each nether portal (in the hub world)
like in the format of
Previous Bosses:
Backseatdriver
KoG & Venom
etc

pat mighta been a boss too at some point. i'm not totally sure. there was a week where i wasn't on the server at all
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]232
Corporal
Corporal
AmAzIn[G]232

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:53 am

I was a boss during the week where you weren't on the server at all, pat and kog can back me up on this.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:57 am

Serenity09 wrote:
pat mighta been a boss too at some point. i'm not totally sure. there was a week where i wasn't on the server at all

No, i wasnt on the server for awhile either
The only thing i built was that underground house with the nether portal, that was before backseat made his tower, which i think was the first tower made
After that though i stopped playing for a couple days, maybe a week, then when i went on i was in darkness until a couple days later when you and knight and someone else came

My tower is maybe 1/5th of the way done
I thought glass would be what slowed me down but its actually cobblestone, each floor requires about 300 glass and like 1000 cobblestone (maybe more, the ceilings take alot)
The glass is surprisingly easy to get when theres massive amounts of sand right next to you and you have about 20 furnaces with plenty of fuel

I dont know how knight made all the stuff hes made, or mined all the stuff hes mined, it takes forever

Im trying to figure out how to make 1 button open double doors without showing any of the redstone, i was able to do it with pressure plates but that only works for doors that are inside since mobs could trigger outside pressure plates

Also they changed some stuff that they didnt list in the change log
Ladders dont work if you put them up every other block, they need to be connected now
And charcoal has a chance to fail at being created, i put 300 wood in and only got out maybe 150 charcoal, so its nearly a 50% failure rate, using charcoal was pretty unbalanced before though so i guess this change makes sense, but id rather it be something like a 30% failure rate
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:18 pm

you should see me and venoms mine (the mines of Moria), then you'll understand where we got our cobblestone

idk how much total cobblestone the castle took but the bottom floor took 2400 cobble not counting the walls we added later for rooms

i like mining so that helps

and if anyone wants any help with redstone related stuff i would be glad to help, i find redstone very entertaining
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:04 pm

this is so important that im willing to do it right now

your new world boss for SMP is 00mpa669

World Bosses 329822623

BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL

Last edited by Serenity09 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 pm

what did he make?
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:04 am

i dont even know where anything of his is at all

pics or it didnt happen
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Knight of Gods wrote:
pics or it didnt happen

Back to top Go down
venom180
Recruit
Recruit
venom180

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 6:28 pm

when are the new worlds going to come into play?
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:37 pm

I bet 00mpa669 hacked serens account and posted that. What did he make? If I knew what he made i wouldnt be so pesky about this.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:38 am

How can you guys not know what he built
Seren told you in his post
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:20 am

no he said BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL

which makes me think of he-man, not the actual castle

and tbh after seeing it i think seren overreacting a bit, its ok but it wasnt even finished and its basically just a castle with a skull made from mossy cobble on the front

i would say olo's boat > the greyskull
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:29 am

I havent seen it at all. Thats why im being so critical. Where is it?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Mossy cobble isnt easy to get
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Not for kog... he has tons
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:06 pm

I think olo's boat beats castle gray skull...
Back to top Go down
olonavy
Corporal
Corporal

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:35 am

I dont think greyskull is that great, sure its cool and big and must've taken a lot of time, but the only original/cool thing about it is the skull which isnt even 3d or that big anyway; its really not that special tbh. I think most of what kog has made is better than the castle, maybe when its finished and all Greyskull will be cooler, but for now its not finished and its not that good..
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:57 am

olonavy wrote:
its not finished and its not that good..

Lets give Seren a break tho, he is kinda super sick. Might be messing with his funk.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 6:54 pm

i haven't seen olo's boat
if you thought olo's boat was better you shoulda told cd and asked him to judge

i have seen castle gray skull and he told me about his plans for it
i do know that it was
1. awesome (he-man is a personal hero of mine)
2. different/new
maybe ill reconsider when i go on later (probs not tonight), but unless kog built something while i was gone - boss passes to someone new

also i did post a picture
it worked for me when i did it
but now it doesnt
i blame the internets

World Bosses Greyskull
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

World Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Bosses   World Bosses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Bosses
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next