Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_lcap26%Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_lcap35%Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_lcap19%Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_lcap10%Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_lcap10%Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Clan Server Discussion

Go down 
+8
AmAzIn[G]232
Achilles.42
BandaIar
Pat1487
BackseatDriver
AmAzIn[G]
Knight of Gods
Serenity09
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 6:58 am

i have a complaint against everyone

people keep keep griefing my stuff

im not talking about pat setting me on fire, or amaz killing me with my own sword, ect

stuff like amaz screwing up the gauntlet, i mean cmon there are signs telling you not to go there, i put up like 5 more so more idiots dont hopefully dont do it but this is like the 5th time some random shmuck has made me fix it because their too stupid to read a sign

someone made a bridge to my planet, now if i wanted a bridge dont you think i would build one?
i do have a bridge its just retractable but someone thought they should "help" me and built a bridge to it so i had to remove the bridge so mine worked

someone cut down my tree infront of my castle, it was an epic tree and it can never be replaced. and to add to the pain they left random towers of dirt, thats just low.

someone closed my hidden door and i had to spend 5 mins trying to get the painting back

someone broke my vault, not just broke in, they broke it and once again i had to fix it, which may i mention this is the 3rd or 4th time someone has broken my vault
if i wanted you in my vault i wouldnt tell you that it's a trap, or have a death trap in the first place

someone broke part of my planet so there was a hole, and stole the 2 iron i put there

basically what im getting at here is if you break something, fix it
take pat's example and when you burn everything i own to the ground, atleast have the decency to fix it and leave a note
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:29 am

Knight of Gods wrote:
stuff like amaz screwing up the gauntlet, i mean cmon there are signs telling you not to go there, i put up like 5 more so more idiots dont hopefully dont do it but this is like the 5th time some random shmuck has made me fix it because their too stupid to read a sign

There's a difference between fixing a tower of stacked wood and a maze of traps filled with lava.

1. I have no idea how to fix the gauntlet
2. I would help you fix it
3. Sorry :/

I already said I wouldn't do it again.
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:32 am

Knight of Gods wrote:
i have a complaint against everyone

people keep keep griefing my stuff

im not talking about pat setting me on fire, or amaz killing me with my own sword, ect

someone made a bridge to my planet, now if i wanted a bridge dont you think i would build one?
i do have a bridge its just retractable but someone thought they should "help" me and built a bridge to it so i had to remove the bridge so mine worked

someone cut down my tree infront of my castle, it was an epic tree and it can never be replaced. and to add to the pain they left random towers of dirt, thats just low.

someone closed my hidden door and i had to spend 5 mins trying to get the painting back

someone broke my vault, not just broke in, they broke it and once again i had to fix it, which may i mention this is the 3rd or 4th time someone has broken my vault
if i wanted you in my vault i wouldnt tell you that it's a trap, or have a death trap in the first place

someone broke part of my planet so there was a hole, and stole the 2 iron i put there

basically what im getting at here is if you break something, fix it
take pat's example and when you burn everything i own to the ground, atleast have the decency to fix it and leave a note

1. I thought seren fixed the gauntlet when he took me and band through it. Unless olo and amaz set it off after i left last night.
2. Not sure about the bridge or the tree
3. I closed the door behind the painting. sorry about that. i accidentally knocked down the painting too but it only took like 45 seconds to fix. Someone else broke into the vault tho.
4. When i showed amaz your planet he asked if he could take the gold. I said no and told him it was for show. Idk who actually took the iron.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 12:24 pm

if you're gonna complain about griefing in the gauntlet dont use the lava room as an example
the way you designed it makes it suck dick to redo
what you should have done is have 3 bridges
the top 1 is tripped when they hit the wrong button
then the other 2 are below it and are moved out (then back in) when you reset the top bridge (manually)
the other two clean out all the lava
boom 2 switches and youre done

Spoiler:
and i only tell people to go into the gauntlet when im there and can watch em
usually i just have them skip the lava room tho

the last time i went thro, it looked like the ice cactus room you and me did got griefed
Sad
well not the actual ice
but the redstone that acts as the reset button
like the awesome thing where you made the torch out front that says if the trial is armed or not goes off almost as soon as you hit reset
idk why, i didnt look

i made the bridge to your planet
my bad

idk about your tree
i cut down most of a forest somewhere between your castle and the portal
i left all the big trees tho

when i tell new people to go take supplies from you, i tell them to just stay in the main supply room and not touch gold or take more than 9 iron
i guess i'll stop telling people to go look at your castle at all Sad

i'll give you iron next time im on
only because its my fault for making the public bridge to it though
it'll take me a bit to go back to my base to get it though
so probably wont happen for a day or so

i'll try and get special blocks up and running for the gen community so a lot of what you dont want happening is preventable
Back to top Go down
olonavy
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 7:29 pm

seren saw me took your iron, i blame seren for not sopping me
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:46 pm

olo please learn to speak english

the lava room is exactly how it should be, falling into lava isnt as awesome as having it rain death down upon you

and its easier for me to manually reset it than to make reset bridges

and the ice room seemed fine

the point with the iron was that it was an aesthetic effect on my planet and by taking it a hole was left open

people can come to my castle its just theyneed to stop breaking my vault >.> maybe in my spare time i'll encase the entire thing in obsidian...
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 2:02 pm

Tried to enter server
Says outdated client
Im using 1.6.6
1.7_01 just came out

How could the server be past 1.6.6 already?
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:42 pm

I just updated the game and the server let me in. Either cd did something really fast or the update doesnt need a server update.
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:05 am

Yea, if your going to break into someones vault, steal all their diamonds, and not even attempt to fix the vault, do all that in pvp, not smp.....
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:10 am

ill try n sort everything out tmrrw
but today its mah bday Smile
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:55 pm

BackseatDriver wrote:
Yea, if your going to break into someones vault, steal all their diamonds, and not even attempt to fix the vault, do all that in pvp, not smp.....

Fact: When Backseat and Me talked about the events that went down we were able to determine that the perpetrator made more than one trip lol....
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:34 pm

lol, now someone left 3 diamond pickaxes in my vault. I think i need a new hidden vault
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:42 pm

BackseatDriver wrote:
lol, now someone left 3 diamond pickaxes in my vault. I think i need a new hidden vault

I'm going to be making an epic vault system once I get enough obsidian wanna help?
I may or may not have found a few new traps with pistons Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:01 pm

I think knight and maybe olo know where my vault is, knight got into it before, i dont think olo ever figured it out
Nothing has been messed with so im assuming no one else knows

But i changed the way you get in since knight got in
Its not locked or anything though

But you dont really need to go into my vault to steal my diamonds now since ive built with diamonds outside
I hope no one steals any of those
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:24 pm

I wish people build in PvP so we could battle and shit lol
Back to top Go down
venom180
Recruit
Recruit
venom180

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:57 pm

me and jok have a base hidden in there
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:59 pm

I have the start of a base in pvp. It would be epic if i actually spent time on it. Underwater entrance so none of you will probably ever find it.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:04 pm

IT'S A TRAP!
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:20 am

so the server's been up for a long while now, and from a purely technical point of view: that's been great.
it's let us get ideas to prevent imbalancing the server as well as what people want in a general sense (rather than just me and collin's opinion of whats good)
anyways, i think i'll pull a blizzard and leave it at that.

addressing the italian job (minecraft edition) (ie. backseat's big break (in))
i looked into it, and as it turns out, you cheated to get a vast majority of those diamonds. i'm not going to say who stole them, since i deleted them from their account, but obviously you won't be getting any of them back. don't cheat again, if you're gonna play a game then play it for fun not to win (whatever that means in minecraft)...
if anyone else starts doing this, they'll lose out later on.

in the next big server update (not the server software, but our actual server), i think we'll open the pvp world up first and it will be the only world for however long. kinda funnel the peeps n stuff.
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:25 am

ik most of those diamonds were duplicated. i was just upset about the safe being broken into and not fixed. anyways my duplicator is destroyed and i dont plan to make another one. lol since only two people knew about the duplcator i kinda alread know who might have taken them.

i think your always winning in minecraft until you die.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:41 am

Serenity09 wrote:
i looked into it, and as it turns out, you cheated to get a vast majority of those diamonds. i'm not going to say who stole them, since i deleted them from their account, but obviously you won't be getting any of them back. don't cheat again, if you're gonna play a game then play it for fun not to win (whatever that means in minecraft)...
if anyone else starts doing this, they'll lose out later on.

in the next big server update (not the server software, but our actual server), i think we'll open the pvp world up first and it will be the only world for however long. kinda funnel the peeps n stuff.

Personally, the game is way more fun when you can focus on building and not having to actually get the materials to build.
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:43 am

Im hoping freebuild mode will make that part of the game more focused on bulding cool things rather than the adventure aspect of the game. (they are adding freebuild mode in 1.8 I believe)
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Quote :
Personally, the game is way more fun when you can focus on building and not having to actually get the materials to build.
that's similar to playing with cheats (not in a bad way)
i agree that temporarily its funner but you also miss out on some of the good stuff (like the first time you hit diamond)
it also probably gets boring a lot faster

like when you're reading a really good book and force yourself to pace through it
or you're building a cool structure and need to make a supply run and think of something really cool on the way
there's just no excitement when its all handed to you

but despite the fact that i don't really like it, it's still going to be one of the worlds available from hub world. its not even on the todo list yet though, maybe soon.

Quote :
Im hoping freebuild mode will make that part of the game more focused on bulding cool things rather than the adventure aspect of the game. (they are adding freebuild mode in 1.8 I believe)

yeah i'm sure the very coolest structures will be in free build, but i'll still be more impressed with something epic in survival (and even more so in active pvp)
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:51 pm

People shouldnt be able to destroy blocks placed by other people
Unless they have permission from that person to destroy their blocks, like with a chat command
And pistons cant push other players blocks either without permission

This would solve problems like breaking into vaults by destroying blocks
In PVP it would make walls work like walls instead of just weak barriers

Blocks that can be harvested like logs, cactus, sugar, wheat, ores, etc placed by players would still be destroyable by anyone though
Maybe gold diamond and iron blocks to

The blocks that cant be destroyed by players would still be vulnerable to explosions and fire though

Also you shouldnt be able to place blocks within 3 blocks of someone elses block (unless you have permission like above)
This would make it so you couldnt build bridges to get somewhere or 1x1 towers to get to the roof of something since you cant make the 3 block jump from your bridge/tower to the persons structure
That way draw bridges and roof exits actually mean something
Although youd still be able to make a bridge with pistons, but id rather do that then just be able to make a bridge

Redstone wouldnt count as 1 of the blocks that others cant build near, and would be able to be placed anywhere, even if its within 3 blocks of another players block
Torches too, maybe some other blocks like rails that need to be placed on another block first

TNT would need to be placed 4 blocks away then pushed into position with pistons
Then you can lay down redstone and det it like normal (for PVP)
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Quote :
People shouldnt be able to destroy blocks placed by other people
for smp and similar modes, i agree
Quote :
And pistons cant push other players blocks either without permission
if done, it'd be all encompassing. no modifications to others blocks would be allowed without given permission
Quote :
This would solve problems like breaking into vaults by destroying blocks
very true, but it would create the problem of having to attach an owner to every block placed. the reason that works fine in the existing mod is because diamond is so rarely placed that its not a big deal.
because of the sheer number of blocks, doing lookup in anything but a hashtable is out of the question, and even then we will probably eventually end up with a few collisions as well as a giant ass array.
also the block listener would have to proc for every block event (to check ownership against triggering player) rather than just the few and rare special blocks.
this is something that'd almost definitely need its own mysql database devoted to it. this may be in a future update, but as is its much too much to make the immediate round of updates.

Quote :
In PVP it would make walls work like walls instead of just weak barriers
this will never happen for the pure PvP. it won't be anything like how standard PvP should be, there are unbreakable diamond blocks for those purposes. its like if in d2 you could sell any ring to summon uber diablo instead of just soj's. that said, it'd create a kind of cat and mouse game style that i think could be very fun with a few tweaks (ex. a battering ram schematic which can break through low tier blocks)

Quote :
The blocks that cant be destroyed by players would still be vulnerable to explosions and fire though
this shouldn't b a problem to implement

Quote :
Also you shouldnt be able to place blocks within 3 blocks of someone elses block (unless you have permission like above)
This would make it so you couldnt build bridges to get somewhere or 1x1 towers to get to the roof of something since you cant make the 3 block jump from your bridge/tower to the persons structure
That way draw bridges and roof exits actually mean something
Although youd still be able to make a bridge with pistons, but id rather do that then just be able to make a bridge
good points

Quote :
TNT would need to be placed 4 blocks away then pushed into position with pistons
Then you can lay down redstone and det it like normal (for PVP)
having to use 1 tnt per every wall you want to break through is still too expensive for pvp
especially considering the wall might be guarding nothing at all

there are a few problems i can think of for this as is
like that a person could easily wall of som1 else's entrance by placing blocks and pushing em into place

all in all i think it'd be much easier for protection purposes to have an admin tool which can set a field to be owned by a player(s)
which im willing to do once i have a bit more time
as is im spending a lot of time getting ready for sailing
i havent gone on wc in like 3 days Sad
although i was on d2 just today xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan Server Discussion   Clan Server Discussion - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan Server Discussion
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next