Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_lcap26%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_lcap35%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_lcap19%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_lcap10%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_lcap10%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Top 10 favorite anime

Go down 
+6
olonavy
popartica.
Eat_bacon_daily
marksoccer
Serenity09
Pat1487
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 pm

HA YOU THOUGH ID STOPPED WATCHING ANIMES!!! But i was just hiding. Well actually i was watching toradora and since you werent ganna watch it i guess i didn't feel the need to discuss it on this thread. But i really like discussing stuff with you.

So just a quick review if you were slightly curious about Toradora
It was meh....
Clearly not superior to Angel beats, like Hanny said

And then I started eaden of the east, I'm at episode 7. I should really pace myself with this anime watching...
I don't really like the way the characters look, their all so..... round i guess. Not sure how to describe it. I think maybe it's coz they look like dolls. The background art looks really good though.

I have two questions.
1. What's a NEET? I looked it up, and it seems to mean someone who is unemployed... But they way to talk about NEETs, it doesn't make it seem like that's the real meaning. There's some kind of pride involved when they refer to themselves as NEETs, it's weird if it really means their just unemployed.
2. Is eaden of the east a computer program made by the black-haired guy with glasses that recognizes images?

I like the show so far. It's very intriguing. It felt very Mirai Nikki at first, like you mentionned in your review, but i feel the way this ''game'' is setup is more interesting and can lead to more interesting situations. Especially the added ''Supporter'' which will inevitably add more awesomeness when the series really gets rolling. So far not much has happened though, i don't feel like i'm really half way through the show. I guess the series doesn't end with everything explained, the movies will probably do that.

The way the series is going now, i feel like it's ganna be one of those shows or movies that, are just ok during the whole show, but has one of those incredible endings of awesome.
I guess we shall see
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:28 am

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
And then I started eaden of the east, I'm at episode 7. I should really pace myself with this anime watching...
I don't really like the way the characters look, their all so..... round i guess. Not sure how to describe it. I think maybe it's coz they look like dolls. The background art looks really good though.
I never really noticed it before, but i see what you mean about the round, mainly females

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I have two questions.
1. What's a NEET? I looked it up, and it seems to mean someone who is unemployed... But they way to talk about NEETs, it doesn't make it seem like that's the real meaning. There's some kind of pride involved when they refer to themselves as NEETs, it's weird if it really means their just unemployed.
2. Is eaden of the east a computer program made by the black-haired guy with glasses that recognizes images?
In japan NEETs can also be people who jump around in low wage jobs, going for long periods of time without a job, but occasionally being a janitor or garbage man
Some have this thing about wanting to go against the normal way of what they are expected to do

Spoiler:

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I like the show so far. It's very intriguing. It felt very Mirai Nikki at first, like you mentionned in your review, but i feel the way this ''game'' is setup is more interesting and can lead to more interesting situations. Especially the added ''Supporter'' which will inevitably add more awesomeness when the series really gets rolling. So far not much has happened though, i don't feel like i'm really half way through the show. I guess the series doesn't end with everything explained, the movies will probably do that.

The way the series is going now, i feel like it's ganna be one of those shows or movies that, are just ok during the whole show, but has one of those incredible endings of awesome.
I guess we shall see
The movies are called The King of Eden and Paradise Lost
The King of Eden is first
You have to watch both in order to finish the story, they are basically season 2 of the show
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 8:11 pm

just finished clannad after story
i thought it was really good and i liked it more than angel beats ( SRS BACON)
Key company also produced it (same people who made angel beats)
it's lengthy though ~45 episodes including Clannad

idk if you guys could watch the whole thing though, cause you probably wouldn't sit through watching Clannad (it was cool, not as good as After Story) first and the first half of After Story which is kind of filler (still watchable)

but most people who finish it say it's one of their top 10 animes and i'd probably have to agree

this review sucks so i'm just going to stop writing

tl;dr idk if you guys would like watch it but i thought it was better than angel beats, which could've been much better if its funding wasn't cut ( or i think it was, but still srs this time about clannad being better than Angel Beats)

ya.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 11:15 am

hlw_rocer wrote:

idk if you guys could watch the whole thing though, cause you probably wouldn't sit through watching Clannad

I tried to watch Clannad 2 years ago, i didnt finish it, it had its funny moments, but i lost interest in it
Its way better then what i saw of Toradora though
It definitely wasnt better than Angel Beats! in my opinion
Our tastes in anime (and probably in movies/shows) are just different

hlw_rocer wrote:
(it was cool, not as good as After Story) first and the first half of After Story which is kind of filler (still watchable)
hlw_rocer wrote:
I just looked it up theres 49 episodes
Clannad is 24 and After story is 25, which means, if what you say about the 2nd half of after story being the only great part, that you have to watch 37 episodes of meh to get to 13 episodes of greatness
It doesnt really seem worth it too me from just the time investment to enjoyment return ratio (19 hours invested:5 hours enjoyed)
Nearly 4:1, i can only really tolerate 1.5:1 or 2:1 if the series isnt that long
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
It doesnt really seem worth it too me from just the time investment to enjoyment return ratio (19 hours invested:5 hours enjoyed)
Nearly 4:1, i can only really tolerate 1.5:1 or 2:1 if the series isnt that long

You're not human, you're a machine.
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 6:52 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
hlw_rocer wrote:

idk if you guys could watch the whole thing though, cause you probably wouldn't sit through watching Clannad

I tried to watch Clannad 2 years ago, i didnt finish it, it had its funny moments, but i lost interest in it
Its way better then what i saw of Toradora though
It definitely wasnt better than Angel Beats! in my opinion
Our tastes in anime (and probably in movies/shows) are just different

hlw_rocer wrote:
(it was cool, not as good as After Story) first and the first half of After Story which is kind of filler (still watchable)
hlw_rocer wrote:
I just looked it up theres 49 episodes
Clannad is 24 and After story is 25, which means, if what you say about the 2nd half of after story being the only great part, that you have to watch 37 episodes of meh to get to 13 episodes of greatness

i wouldn't say that i didn't enjoy watching it (my post probably made it sound that way but that was due to the sheer awesomeness of the show) but i think it's worth it to watch the entire thing
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 pm

just stahp hanny, you tryharding to find a more emotional anime than Angel Beats! It's not ganna happen.

Btw Pat is there ganna be another Haruhi Season/Movie, the show seems popular, i mean the movie on youtube has 1,500,000+ views.
Also i noticed a clip afetr the credits and im not sure what it means
https://youtu.be/cvVT3UYGCPI?t=2h40m56s

Why is there the lame (Check if your human thing) on the forums b4 you post now? And the one i got was near impossible to understand Sad
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:13 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
just stahp hanny, you tryharding to find a more emotional anime than Angel Beats! It's not ganna happen.

Btw Pat is there ganna be another Haruhi Season/Movie, the show seems popular, i mean the movie on youtube has 1,500,000+ views.
https://youtu.be/cvVT3UYGCPI?t=2h40m56s

Why is there the lame (Check if your human thing) on the forums b4 you post now? And the one i got was near impossible to understand Sad

it's opinionated
some people say clannad is more emotional, some say angel beats, others say air / kanon also from key company
(only using animes from key though)

but RADY TO WATCH BEBOP?
pat if you see this you should watch with me bacon, and his friend if you haven't seen bebop yet.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:51 am

hlw_rocer wrote:
i wouldn't say that i didn't enjoy watching it (my post probably made it sound that way but that was due to the sheer awesomeness of the show) but i think it's worth it to watch the entire thing
I meant the parts of the show i already saw werent that enjoyable to me, so the last half of the second season, where you say its great, would be the only part i potentially do enjoy
Which would mean sitting through more episodes i dont enjoy, which means the time i spend watching the whole series would mostly be filled by waiting for the good part, and since the series is pretty long it would take too long to get there

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
You're not human, you're a machine.
Would it have been better if i had said "I dont want to watch this series because it takes too long to get good"
I thought expressing that pseudo-mathematically would be more efficient at describing what i was talking about
But i shouldve known better than that after all these years of collecting data on you stupid huma- I mean...
I shouldve known better since i am a human, like you, yep no machines here just us humans, theres definitely no machines

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvVT3UYGCPI&t=2h40m56s
I dont know
There should be another one but its been around 3 years since the last 1 was released, im hoping there will be 1 this year, but i havent seen anything about it so its not looking good

As for that final scene
Spoiler:

hlw_rocer wrote:
but RADY TO WATCH BEBOP?
pat if you see this you should watch with me bacon, and his friend if you haven't seen bebop yet.
Cowboy Bebop?
How could you not have seen cowboy bebop yet, i saw it many years ago
If i made a top 10 list of classic anime it would be near the top (i excluded classic anime from the list here which is why you dont see it)
Its really good

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I havent changed anything, was it a 1 time thing or does it keep happening
And has anyone else got it

Oh i just saw it when i posted this
I did some testing and its because of the youtube link you posted, specifically its the cvVT3UYGCPI part of the link, the forum picks that up as something a bot would do, its very odd (just copy cvVT3UYGCPI and try to post that by itself to see what i mean)
Actually its just cvv thats the problem, you can type anything else and the forum wont give you that message but if cvv is in your post you will have that confirmation message
I just looked it up and cvv is the abbreviation for those credit card security codes that you need to enter when buying things online which is probably why theres a confirmation message for it
Even though there was stuff after it, it still picked it up
Kindve annoying but this is the first time anyone ever typed cvv on the forums in all these years so it shouldnt be a problem

Last edited by Pat1487 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Quote :
but RADY TO WATCH BEBOP?
LEZ DO IT

Quote :
I dont know
There should be another one but its been around 3 years since the last 1 was released, im hoping there will be 1 this year, but i havent seen anything about it so its not looking good
Damn that's too bad, well at least they aren't milking it and also we can be sure that they won't make another 8 Deja View shit episodes :p

Your theory on that final scene makes sense, it makes me want to see some more of the show, but its not enough to get me to read the manga.
Spoiler:

Kinda hilarious no one since the dawn of the forums wrote anything with those 3 letters consecutively

BTW for anyone interested
Since inuyasha got cancelled back in 2005, (because, let's be honest the plot was going nowhere) they decided to skip all the pointless stuff and go straight to the good ending stuff. I mentionned that inuyasha is awesome for the first 200 chapters and the last 200 chapters, well they just made a show for the last 200 chapters. It's called inuyasha the final act. It's one of the first animes ive ever seen and it was pretty darn good. They even got the same voice cast for the english dub, which is amazingly awesome!
Heres the outro if you wanna get into the mood for some hot action. I think the first 30 seconds of it are pretty awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_YzBLBCkE
i don't think you should watch this if u didn't like the original inuyasha or if you didn't watch it

On another Note
Have any of you seen Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind, which is a pretty awesome movie btw, a must watch if you haven't seen it. But my friend and i were talking about it and i found out it was one of Myazaki's first movies, which is amazing!, but also that it was a manga written by the man himself. I definatly going to read it, because the movie although very satisfying, left me with a few questions that the manga will prob answer.
Spoiler:
And i realized this while i was talking with my friend, Myazaki writes all of the movies AND directs them, JESUS, i thought he only directed them. WTF, THAT GUY IS EPIC AWESOME BAGS OF JESUS.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
BTW for anyone interested
Since inuyasha got cancelled back in 2005, (because, let's be honest the plot was going nowhere) they decided to skip all the pointless stuff and go straight to the good ending stuff. I mentionned that inuyasha is awesome for the first 200 chapters and the last 200 chapters, well they just made a show for the last 200 chapters. It's called inuyasha the final act. It's one of the first animes ive ever seen and it was pretty darn good. They even got the same voice cast for the english dub, which is amazingly awesome!
Heres the outro if you wanna get into the mood for some hot action. I think the first 30 seconds of it are pretty awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_YzBLBCkE
i don't think you should watch this if u didn't like the original inuyasha or if you didn't watch it
I used to watch inuyasha on adult swim
Ive known about the final season for awhile but never got around to watching it
I guess i will at some point

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
On another Note
Have any of you seen Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind, which is a pretty awesome movie btw, a must watch if you haven't seen it. But my friend and i were talking about it and i found out it was one of Myazaki's first movies, which is amazing!, but also that it was a manga written by the man himself. I definatly going to read it, because the movie although very satisfying, left me with a few questions that the manga will prob answer.
Spoiler:
And i realized this while i was talking with my friend, Myazaki writes all of the movies AND directs them, JESUS, i thought he only directed them. WTF, THAT GUY IS EPIC AWESOME BAGS OF JESUS.

All Myazaki movies are good
I was going to make a top 10 anime movie list but i realized most of them were myazaki movies so i decided not to
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Due to school lameness, i was unable to start to watch Cowboy Bebop until recently. At first i thought it was entertaining, but at some point i felt it was becoming the first episode over and over. Yet it was still ok. I just finished episode 5 now though and it was freaken amazing, the music and flashbacks and splosions awwww yeahhhhhh. Don't know what's going on with dat dog who is supposedly geneticly modified or sumthing. The entire cowboy bebop univers is also really cool, it's like a modern city but with space. it kinda reminds me of ghost in a shell city https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea5JSGVT7Qw . Btw have any of you guys seen that movie. I was watching it with my brother and i was like WTF IS GOING ON!?! and he was like damn this is awesome! Maybe it's a series that had it's own movie that's maybe why i didn't understand it, coz i didnt see the series.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:32 pm

Which movie are you talking about
The cowboy bebop movie or the ghost in the shell movie

The cowboy bebop movie is pretty stand alone but you do need to understand the world and know the characters to follow the movie

The ghost in the shell movie is confusing in many ways
The whole ghost in the shell series has 3 different realities, the manga, the movie and the anime
This is the order ghost in the shell stuff was released, the manga [reality 1], a movie (ghost in the shell) [reality 2], an anime(stand alone complex) [reality 3], a sequel to the movie (ghost in the shell innocence) [reality 2], a 2nd season to the anime (stand alone complex 2nd gig) [reality 3], a movie that goes with the anime (solid state society) [reality 3]
Reality 1 2 and 3 are separate from each other and you dont need to know anything from reality 1 or 3 to understand 2

I recommend reality 3 (stand alone complex, 2nd gig, and solid state society)
But reality 2 is good too (i never read the manga)
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:58 am

i'm talking bout the ghost in a shell movie, i haven't seen the cowboy bebop movie (BTW when am i suppose to watch it, at the end, in the beginning or in the middle of the series?).

As for ghost in a shell, i watched this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113568/ .

By universes, do you mean it's same characters in different settings? And have you seen all 3? And did you understand this movie if you have?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:04 pm

Watch the bebop movie after you finish the series
Quote :
By universes, do you mean it's same characters in different settings? And have you seen all 3? And did you understand this movie if you have?
Yeah, same characters, around the same time period, same technology and general lore
Different locations but there are essentially the same and different but similar stories

Ive seen the movie you linked to and it should make sense, its not easy to understand but you dont need to know any of the other stuff to understand it
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Hai pat, i know you said you didn't want to make a Top 10 anime movie list coz too many myazaki movies, but im just curious what it would be. Can you post it Razz .
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 8:43 pm

My list doesnt include miyazaki, im going to assume everyone already knows of his movies, if you dont then just search miyazaki on google and pick any movie he made, they are all enjoyable
It also doesnt include movies that have a tv series associated with them
Like the anime show list It doesnt include classics
And since im too lazy to do it like i did the top 10 anime series list im just going to do 5 and im going to keep it short
The list is in reverse order, so the last 1 is the best 1

5. Summer Wars
Plot: The story follows a math student that moderates a virtual simulation called OZ, which is used by everyone and runs the majority of japans infrastructure, he gets sent an email that has an equation in it so he solves it which causes his account to be hacked and all kinds of trouble to occur

This movie is kind of corny (corny isnt really the right word, but youll probably see what i mean if you watch it), and filled with computer/math inaccuracies, but i still like it
The part i like more is the part i left out in the plot section, the part that doesnt have to do with virtual simulations

4. Perfect Blue
Plot: A pop star decides to leave her group while they are at the top of the charts to concentrate on acting, this upsets an obsessive fan who begins to stalker her

Ok, im cheating with this one, this is a classic, but i dont think people know it as well as other classics so im putting it here
Cant really say much about this one because i feel like anything i say would spoil it
Make sure you watch the sub for this because the dub is pretty bad

3. Paprika
Plot: In the near future a device is created that can allow people to be in other peoples dreams, 1 of these devices is stolen and the thief causes trouble and needs to be stopped

If you liked inception you will probably like this, this movie came first and there is at least 1 scene in inception that is an homage to it
It is off the walls crazy at times

2. 5 Centimeters Per Second
Plot: A love story of 2 childhood friends which follows them into adulthood

I dont usually like romances but this is an exception, its important to know that the majority of this takes place before the internet and cell phones existed

1. The Girl Who Lept Through Time
Plot: The story of a modern day girl that mysteriously gains the power of time travel

I like time travel related things, and this also happens to be really good
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:44 pm

Would the Myazaki movies be above or spread out through your list and whats you favorite?
I'm just curious about that, because when i ask people, their answer about favorite Myazaki movies are always different. I guess it's just the feeling of nostalgia that his movies can create when you re watch them. Like one of my friends's favorite Myazaki is Castle in The Sky, which i thought was like his worst movie.

Quote :
5. Summer Wars
Looks very imaginative, but on the picture there's like an evil looking bugs bunny man! And a squirrel that looks pretty high.

Quote :
4. Perfect Blue
Never seen it or heard of it, why do you say it's a classic?

Quote :
3. Paprika
Definitely going to check this out, looks interesting

Quote :
3. Paprika
Definatly going to check this out, sounds awesome.

Quote :
2. 5 Centimeters Per Second
Hehehehhe, looks like 2.5 centimeters per second.
I wanted to see this, because the title was intriguing and it had good reviews, but when i watch anime movies, it's mostly with my big brother while we sip on tea. Although we have watched alot of strange ass shit, i don't think we would watch a love story. I'll probably watch this one alone.

Quote :
1. The Girl Who Lept Through Time
I wanted to see this one too a while back, but i made the biggest mistake ever. I watched the trailer. All anime trailers are pretty awful. But ill definatly check it out since it's your favorite.

I wanted a list of good anime movies, because i wanted to see some. And i couldn't jsut rewatch Myzaki movies, after the 100th time they begin to get predictable Razz.
I feel that anime movies are different from regular movies in the sense that they well.... i don't know.. they feel different i guess, maybe more magical.
Like i saw Ninja Scroll yesterday (I actually watched it because of Anime Hero Arena from wc3, there were so many heroes that were from that movie) and that shit was crazy, there was rape, guys tearing arms off, people drinking the blood of the dead. ANyways it was awesome.
Man my posts aren't very fluid, i just talk about random stuff Razz.
Btw thanks for the list, now i have some good anime movies to watch Smile
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:20 pm

[quote="Eat_bacon_daily"]Would the Myazaki movies be above or spread out through your list and whats you favorite?
I'm just curious about that, because when i ask people, their answer about favorite Myazaki movies are always different. I guess it's just the feeling of nostalgia that his movies can create when you re watch them. Like one of my friends's favorite Myazaki is Castle in The Sky, which i thought was like his worst movie.

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:

Looks very imaginative, but on the picture there's like an evil looking bugs bunny man! And a squirrel that looks pretty high.
Yeah, 1 of the reasons i used the word corny

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:

Never seen it or heard of it, why do you say it's a classic?
Its from 1997, and its considered by those that know of it to be a classic, i put it on the list because its not well known where as other classics, such as akira, ghost in the shell, or ninja scroll, are pretty well known

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:

Hehehehhe, looks like 2.5 centimeters per second.
I wanted to see this, because the title was intriguing and it had good reviews, but when i watch anime movies, it's mostly with my big brother while we sip on tea. Although we have watched alot of strange ass shit, i don't think we would watch a love story. I'll probably watch this one alone.
Yeah watching it with a guy would be weird, i watched it alone the first time i saw it

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:

I wanted to see this one too a while back, but i made the biggest mistake ever. I watched the trailer. All anime trailers are pretty awful. But ill definatly check it out since it's your favorite.
I just watched the english trailer for it and yeah, ive never seen a good english trailer for an anime
Except this one:

And its only good because it so badly represents the show, which i hope they did on purpose, that its hilarious
But if i didnt already know what the show was then that trailer would fail to get me to watch it so overall it is bad

I like to think that somewhere some mother saw that trailer somehow and said "that show looks cute, i bet my little girl would enjoy it"
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:12 pm

I starting watching anime again, i saw sword art online and another

Sword art online was surprisingly good, i didnt like it at first because it felt like they forced tension with how dieing in the game would cause the person to die in real life, but the show didnt really focus on that so it was much better then i thought
I especially liked the non-twist
It doesnt change my top 10 list though
The series was really poorly paced out, the first 2/3rds of the series takes place over about 2 years, and the last 3rd takes place over 7 days, theres huge times skips during the 2 years, and a ton of stuff crammed into those 7 days, it was the weirdest pacing of any anime ive ever seen

Another was kindve dumb, the whole problem couldve been solved literally with 2 lines of dialog at the beginning of the series, the whole plot was needlessly complicated once you know whats going on, it builds up this big mystery and then the reveal is disappointing

Some updates on other anime

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is getting its 3rd movie some time this year, the 3rd movie continues the story from the show (the other 2 movies are already out but they just recap the show and dont add anything new)

Mirai Nikki is getting an OVA (which will be the last 10 pages from the mirai nikki manga, since for some inexplicable reason the anime ends with only a few pages of the manga left)
Theres also going to be a new manga, so there could be a season 2 of the show at some point, i have no idea how the manga will continue it, but i doubt it will be as good

Code Geass has an OVA out, called Nunnally in Wonderland (which has been out for awhile), which is a comedy and is a spinoff which has nothing to do with the main show
Akito the Exiled is another OVA, which takes place after the events of the show with a new character, 2 episodes of it are out, although ive only been able to find 1 of them, i havent watched it yet but i probably will this weekend at some point

And the show that must not be named, the one seren and i have talked about, has a new season airing now, so you might be able to figure out what show it is from that
So far ive only seen the first episode of it and it wasnt as funny as last season, it was actually starting to annoy me since it looked like they were going to reset things to be like they were at the beginning of the show, but they didnt, so it might still be good, its too early to tell
Also they didnt show her in america, they just skipped to when she came back, which i was disappointed by because i always enjoy seeing how anime portrays america

Last edited by Pat1487 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:54 pm

I stopped midway of Cowboy Bebop because it was Faye's back story and there is nothing to like about Faye in my opinion, it just blocked me from further watching the show. So i'm currently re watching Spartacus because it was just that amazing.

I never finished Eden of East, i'm like right in the middle of the first movie, i don't know why but i never got into the movie. And i don't really like the main character, she pretty much does nothing forever.

Slayer watched Sword thing Online and he said it was very good. (Slayer is afraid to post on the forums because reasons....)

I thought only the first Madoka movie came out. It's very difficult to view it, because it only airs for like a week in Montreal. I guess ill watch it online then.

I thought there was only like 9 pages of Mirai Nikki that didn't show on the series. How are they going to make a full OVA out of that? Man Mirai Nikki was awesome, i forget sometimes.

Some day i will give Code Geass a second chance..... SOMEDAY!!!

For now i don't have time to research u guyses smelly anime, but soon school will be finished and i WILL FIND IT!!!! MARK MY WORDS!
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:07 am

You should watch Fayes backstory, it explains why she is the way she is and might make you like her, or at least not hate her, or at the very least it will make you understand where shes coming from

The way they did the first eden of the east movie and parts of the anime series is weird, Saki is a supporting character and the story is occasionally told from her perspective which should give her main character power but it doesnt because shes still written as a supporting character so she ends up doing nothing for awhile even though we see her all the time, it didnt really bother me because what could she actually do in her situation
Its just that the first movie put a lot of it from her perspective, probably too much, where as the series only did it occasionally at the beginning

The story in sword art online is good, overall i liked the series, i just think it would better if they split the series into 2 seasons, have the part where they play sword art online in 1 season and the part where they play ALO in a 2nd season, then the first season wouldnt have tons of time skips, and the 2nd season wouldnt be crammed full of stuff
My 1 major complaint about sword art online, from a story perspective, is
Spoiler:
And there will probably be a 2nd season of it, since the anime is only about half of the manga, so i dont see why they didnt split it up more

I cant find the 2nd movie of pulla magi to watch, but i have seen reviews for it from october, so it must be out already

A 20 min episode from 10 pages is possible for mirai nikki, they also might have the end of it lead into the next season since theirs going to be a new manga

Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:11 pm

i thought the ep with faye's backstory was so funny. i also don't mind faye. she's super entitled and gold digger-y but eh
who's everyone's favorite hero / villain in bebop?
for me it could only be Ein

i didn't even realize geass was sorta kinda back... ill add stuff once i see it! i'm re-watching the first two seasons now though so it might be a bit...

i love stories about digital worlds and their exploits. i think its really interesting how people are kinda just becoming done with this world and seeking refuge in other places where they get to be the hero. then add an element of fiction and suddenly you have earth 2.0.
so basically what i'm saying is, yeah i'm torrenting sword art online now.

also, for those who like meta worlds, i would recommend a book called "Ready Player One." its a book about a dystopian future that paints a kinda scary picture about a culture that's really into a game. the game is a semi-real life simulation of millions of different worlds. the game's creator has hidden an easter-egg into the game and its inhabitants have been racing for 5 years to find it.
the book has a good premise and starts out strong but loses momentum by not handling the repetition of its elements well. it goes from being a good book to a really fun book, but still worth reading if that's what you want
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:19 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
Akito the Exiled is another OVA, which takes place after the events of the show with a new character, 2 episodes of it are out, although ive only been able to find 1 of them, i havent watched it yet but i probably will this weekend at some point

The 2nd episode of the ova isnt out, it was supposed to be, which is why i assumed it was, but it got delayed for some reason
Apparently the OVA is being released in theaters 1 episode at a time, each 1 is an hour long
Theres going to be 4 episodes, and the theater release is probably slowing the release of each one

Ive watched the first episode and it was pretty good
A lot of what i liked about the original show came from Lelouch, so without him the ova isnt as good for me and so far their isnt a character like that here
They introduced a bunch of new characters, but so far have really only given some backstory for 1 of them
The ova's have potential, but they only have 3 more episodes, so i dont know if it will be able to reach the same level of awesomeness that the original series had

Eat_Bacon_Daily wrote:
i didn't like the fact that they renamed japan
I know now why they did that, i know i said:
Pat1487 wrote:
The British Empire renamed the land they took too and once you use up all the names you have, since you have so much land, you would start referring to them by numbers
Like the way highways are numbered, it makes it easier to keep track of
But that was an explanation from a story perspective
From a real life perspective, the writers renamed japan to area 11 so that the show could be as racist as possible without being offensive
I noticed it while watching the ova, characters refer to elevens in a really racist manner, if they werent called elevens the writers would need to use a real racial slur, which would upset people, so they can bypass that by making up racial slurs for their own race which no one will find offensive

Serenity09 wrote:
i thought the ep with faye's backstory was so funny. i also don't mind faye. she's super entitled and gold digger-y but eh
Before fayes backstory i felt the same way, after her backstory i liked her more

Serenity09 wrote:
who's everyone's favorite hero / villain in bebop?
for me it could only be Ein
Hero: Spike
Villain: Mad Pierrot

Mad Pierrot is really out of place in the show (he was the insane fat guy with a top hat who could fly and had a personal shield that stopped bullets/fire, it took me a long time to find his name because while ill never forget what he looked like and did i couldnt remember his name)
But i really liked him as a villain, and the direction the show went with his character

Serenity09 wrote:
i love stories about digital worlds and their exploits. i think its really interesting how people are kinda just becoming done with this world and seeking refuge in other places where they get to be the hero. then add an element of fiction and suddenly you have earth 2.0.
so basically what i'm saying is, yeah i'm torrenting sword art online now.
Im surprised you didnt already see it, hlw mentioned it a while ago, back in november
Since you like .hack i figured you wouldve watched it back then
But yeah, its a lot like .hack, youll see what i was talking about with the tension thing

Also theres an anime that takes place over the course of many decades, you see the technology of the world in the anime evolve over the years, and technology gets so advanced that theres a virtual world as real as real life, they actually call real life "1.0" and the new virtual world "2.0"
Im reluctant to recommend it though because that isnt the focus of the anime and has almost nothing to do with the plot of the anime, and the stuff that the anime does focus on is really weird
The only reason i bring it up is because what you said reminded me of it, especially the earth 2.0 part
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:57 pm

I just saw Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland
It wasnt very good, but it did have some good moments

I liked the casting of the code geass characters into the roles of the alice in wonderland characters, they all seemed to fit really well
Spoiler:

And the whole F.L.E.I.J.A. bit had me laughing a lot
Spoiler:

I didnt like how much fan service there was though
There was just too much of it here
Spoiler:

Also i started watching Flowers of Evil, its a 13 episode anime (it hasnt finished airing yet)
Its about a middle school kid who likes poetry and is misunderstood but not in the way that your probably thinking after reading that
I find the series to be pretty funny, i dont know if its supposed to be funny, but i cant help but laugh at his situation (the show is listed as a drama, so its probably not supposed to be funny and im just a terrible person, but i consider it to be a dark comedy without any jokes, if that makes sense)
The animation is really weird too, it took me a few episodes to get used to it, its really crappy and really good at the same time, its kindve hard to explain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 favorite anime
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next