Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_lcap26%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_lcap35%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_lcap19%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_lcap10%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_lcap10%Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Top 10 favorite anime

Go down 
+6
olonavy
popartica.
Eat_bacon_daily
marksoccer
Serenity09
Pat1487
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Serenity09
Serenity09

Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 10:10 pm

Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 PgnMcS4
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 IwcTybM
Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 V2lLFL9
this would actually be brilliant.

Quote :
Chaos;Head isnt its prequel, they are completely separate things, i really dislike chaos;head, in my original post i said:
i meant to say, i know you didnt like it but... whoops

Quote :
Also your the one that recommended steins;gate to me, so i thought you saw it already
i did something i never do and read the plot of the first 10 or so eps. i dont remember why, i think i was in a weird mood where i wanted a good story but i wanted the spark notes version of it. anyways i read enough to know that you'd like it
i cant really remember it all that much
its weird actually, the only thing i can remember are microwaves. which kinda makes me not want to watch it. wtf kinda show leaves a lasting impression involving a microwave
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Accel World [some eps 7/10, most eps 8.5/10]
so i ended up watching accel world on pat's recommendation. it's premise is a little bit similar to SAO: it largely takes place in a digital world. the world has more depth than a lot of SAO's though, abilities gained in this virtual world can affect reality to a smaller extent.
i liked the show but mostly because i like the VR genre
i could have really liked the show, except it did that anime thing where it takes what could really be a good story and makes nothing bad ever truly happen. the story itself is not smart and the characters are periodically very not smart in a frustrating way. that said, it still manages to be very, very funny and a pretty good story

overall i'd say if you want a VR story that has good characters and a good world -- go with Accel world
if you want a VR story with a good story, watch the first half of Sword Art Online (and then, for the love of god, stop)

pat do you have any other VR rec's? I think i might have finished all of them Sad
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:44 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
Accel World [some eps 7/10, most eps 8.5/10]
so i ended up watching accel world on pat's recommendation. it's premise is a little bit similar to SAO: it largely takes place in a digital world. the world has more depth than a lot of SAO's though, abilities gained in this virtual world can affect reality to a smaller extent.
i liked the show but mostly because i like the VR genre
i could have really liked the show, except it did that anime thing where it takes what could really be a good story and makes nothing bad ever truly happen. the story itself is not smart and the characters are periodically very not smart in a frustrating way. that said, it still manages to be very, very funny and a pretty good story
Yeah accel world is light hearted, especially with the whole
Spoiler:
It didnt occur to me that you would think it would be serious like SAO, but i guess what i said would make you think that, and i can see how going into it thinking that would make you disappointed, sorry
It does have its moments though

Serenity09 wrote:
pat do you have any other VR rec's? I think i might have finished all of them

Im sure youve seen all the .hack series so i wont even bother mentioning any of those

Ghost in the shell, which i mentioned somewhere here before so you probably saw it already, plus its popular so even if i hadnt said anything im sure youve seen it

Ergo proxy, which is more cyberpunk than VR, i guess ghost in the shell is more cyberpunk than VR too though

Denno coil, though there are some things youll have to get past when watching this, also its more AR than VR, but it feels like VR

Summer wars, which is a movie and while most of it takes place in VR its not really the focus, it is good though (but a bit corny), i think ive posted about it here so you may have seen it already

Fractale, which is like a magical girlfriend type story, idk if you like that kind of thing

Persona 4: The Animation, kindve sortve VR (since its based on a game it may as well be VR when they go into the other world, they never explicitly say its VR though), its really good and you should watch it (my opinion on it is biased though as i played the PS2 game that the anime is based on and loved it)

Log Horizon, which is new and still airing, i havent actually seen it yet, though it seems to be very very similar to SAO and is on my to watch list, this is probably what you are looking for so if you only pick 1 from this list it should be this one

Theres 2 more anime, both of which im reluctant to say, for very different reasons
Spoiler:

Theres also a movie that i cant remember the name of, since i cant remember its name it probably wasnt that good, but my inability to remember the name is really bothering me
It was about a world where people rarely talk in person as technology has taken over every aspect of their lives, it had VR in it, i cant remember if i liked it or not either
Ill try to see if i can find it again, or remember it cause it will bother me for the next day or so
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Seren and i restructured the forum a bit so that anime move and tv all have their own sections, we deleted the old TV and Movies section after we moved all the threads that were their into the 3 new sections

From now on if you want to do an anime review start a new topic for that anime in the anime section

And this thread is only for top 10 lists of anime now, if you want to continue the discussion of any anime mentioned in this thread make a new topic about it in the anime section, if its something we talked a lot about, ill move the relevant posts from here to the new thread
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 7:20 am

MADNESSS! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! YOU HAVE DESTROYED THE STATUS QUO, ALL IS LOST
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 favorite anime   Top 10 favorite anime - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 favorite anime
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6