Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
minecraft I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
minecraft I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
minecraft I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
minecraft I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
minecraft I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
minecraft I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
minecraft I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
minecraft I_vote_lcap26%minecraft I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
minecraft I_vote_lcap35%minecraft I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
minecraft I_vote_lcap19%minecraft I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
minecraft I_vote_lcap0%minecraft I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
minecraft I_vote_lcap0%minecraft I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
minecraft I_vote_lcap10%minecraft I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
minecraft I_vote_lcap10%minecraft I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

minecraft

Go down 
+6
AmAzIn[G]232
BandaIar
Eat_bacon_daily
Pat1487
Knight of Gods
Serenity09
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Serenity09
Serenity09

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:42 pm

I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, but I have 3 friends who have basically spent the last 5 days playing it straight. I'm assuming its some combination of crazy good/addictive.

Start here!

it's a bit of a learning curve I guess, so you might want to read over the basic parts of the game in the wiki. When you wanna play just click Play it now! or just google minecraft and go to the first link.

Download the game, some features are disabled at the moment but the important stuff (such as playing the game) is still there.
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:51 pm

what the cheese sticks, i had heard about this awhile ago and meant to look into it but i thought you had to pay to play at all
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:58 pm

Theres a pay version and a free version

The pay version doesnt really have anything extra that the free version doesnt

I played it awhile ago, i was an admin on a server for a little while before someone abused it and took mine, he ended up being banned but i was never able to get my admin back

It is addicting
You basically build anything you want

If you're going to play use it with this: http://www.worldofminecraft.com/Minecraft_Custom_Client_Wrapper_Download

It has hacks so you can fly, and run faster, clip through walls
It just makes building easier, most servers let you use it
Those that dont probably wont ban you

It also has a server browser

ALSO
You can play it on mac
If ach was wondering
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:20 am

Return of the Atari videogames?
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:46 pm

I haven't played this recently but I did religiously for 2 weeks a little less than a month ago. This game is incredibly fun and addicting.
As pat said their are two versions and they were the same content wise until recently. The pay version is required to play online and is also receiving the majority of updates. Also while you can just build structures (which is undeniably fun) you can also play survival mode which is pretty much the same thing but more intense/involved (also harder to make things on a large scale). Its $10 and includes all future updates/expansions.
Server software is free and I have a few set up (but not constantly running) for the various types of play. if anyone wants to play lemme know.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:52 pm

You can play online for free
But only in free build mode
The free version hasnt been updated in at least a year though

I was playing it back when you made this topic
I ended up getting builder level status on a server
Its like partial admin, without the ability to ban or kick people
You can use commands like cuboid which lets you build large cubes, instead of doing it 1 block at a time
I also had a bot that had building commands like copying stuff and drawing different shapes quickly

I played the paid survival mode (singleplayer only because i didnt actually buy it) and never really enjoyed it
I survived long enough to make a nice wood house that was well lit that had stairs leading down to a mine, but once i had torches up all over the place monsters never came and it was sorta boring since from that point on it was basically just building stuff, but with huge restrictions
Like having to craft every single block you wanted to use
And having to collect materials for those blocks
I just wanted to make a rollercoaster and it was annoying how long it took to build a really small one
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:58 pm

survival is a lot more fun with other people. single player free build is definitely better, but multiplayer wise i like survival more.
Back to top Go down
BandaIar
Corporal
Corporal
BandaIar

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 10:37 pm

I played it and liked it but not sure if its worth buying do the updates add a lot?
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 11:25 pm

fairly often
the newest one had a portal to hell that you could construct using obsidian and flint. it was pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:25 am

buuuump

does anyone play this yet?

also my main reason for posting:
minecraft 18f0efc2
occured in a random level design. best place for a fort in the history of ever. fuck you batcave, real men build their man-fort inbetween layers of lava held up with sheer 16 pixel manliness.
Back to top Go down
BandaIar
Corporal
Corporal
BandaIar

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:28 am

i play it all the time but i haven't bought it yet but i play on the free one.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:59 am

yessss
do you play online at all?
Back to top Go down
BandaIar
Corporal
Corporal
BandaIar

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Yea i only play online i play on the stormcom server cause i ranked there and they gave me my own level.
Back to top Go down
BandaIar
Corporal
Corporal
BandaIar

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Did you buy it cause i wanna know if its worth it.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:12 pm

Yeah i did
i really like it, but you won't get too much more out of it if all you do is freebuild stuff.
then again its only $14 and its a one time thing so nbd

whats the url for stormcom? i couldnt find it in the lists
Back to top Go down
BandaIar
Corporal
Corporal
BandaIar

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:21 pm

Yea i am thinking of buying it but i wanted to try the survival mode but do you need to buy it to try it?

and the url is
http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=b5ff7e743cd3c7295a33c29ef6626191
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:13 pm

i think you can do single player survival for free, but to do multiplayer u need to have an account. atm tho multiplayer doesnt have much of a point since there are no creeps, but its still cheap now and once he gets all the bugs out of the way and its worth having it'll be full price

not sure how much of that made sense, but yeah try it, its a lot of fun. very different from free build and you might not like it since u did free build first. make sure to play with creeps on or it'll just be a slow and boring free build.

more importantly
watch this... mostly @pat
watchme
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:34 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
buuuump

does anyone play this yet?

also my main reason for posting:
minecraft 18f0efc2
occured in a random level design. best place for a fort in the history of ever. fuck you batcave, real men build their man-fort inbetween layers of lava held up with sheer 16 pixel manliness.

I was playing minecraft today, the newest beta 1.2_02, and my map had weird stuff on it to
I built an obsidian hell portal in my base, went through it to the nether, explored a bit and built another obsidian hell portal in the nether to see where i would come out
I came out really really far from my base (i built a giant tower into the sky on top of my base so i could always see it and i wasnt able to) next to a mountain with a lava waterfall coming down from it, and a pathway with stairs and torches (that i didnt make and had never seen before) leading to and up the mountain

I followed the path and found an elaborate house with a bunch of chests filled with iron, gold, saddles (which ive never even crafted once), stone, torches, used stone tools, glass, and a bunch of other stuff
There was a large hole with a ladder leading down that lead to a lava deposit that had unmined diamond coal and gold along most of the walls
I went back through the hell portal to go back to my base to get an iron pickaxe so i could mine the diamond but the portal there lead to the portal that was connected to the portal in my base (not the portal i had made while in the nether, but the one that was made for me when i made the one in my base)
When i went back through that portal i was back in my base again
I got the iron pickaxe and tried to find the portal i had made while in the nether so that i could get back to that place but i cant find it and i dont have enough obsidian to make another to try again

I shouldve just used the crafting table in the house i found to make an iron pickaxe with the iron in the chests that were there but i didnt think of that until i was failing to find the portal in the nether that i needed to get back there

Im playing singleplayer on a new save, so its not like someone else couldve built it, i really have no idea where it came from because theres no way it couldve been randomly generated

Serenity09 wrote:
i think you can do single player survival for free, but to do multiplayer u need to have an account. atm tho multiplayer doesnt have much of a point since there are no creeps, but its still cheap now and once he gets all the bugs out of the way and its worth having it'll be full price

not sure how much of that made sense, but yeah try it, its a lot of fun. very different from free build and you might not like it since u did free build first. make sure to play with creeps on or it'll just be a slow and boring free build.

more importantly
watch this... mostly @pat
watchme

I wonder how long that took them to make, thats ridiculous

As for playing singleplayer survival for free, you cant, not officially anyway
Unofficially you can play both multi and singleplayer, but you can only play on unofficial servers, i havent done it because most of them have whitelists that you need to get on in order to enter the server, which is a pain in the ass
Other then that the unofficial version is the same as the official one, but for free

Theres a bunch of mods you can use to upgrade the graphics, have a minimap (with waypoints), and other stuff
It works with the official version and the unofficial one

If people are interested i might write a tutorial on getting the unofficial version and modding both
If theres enough people we can all play on a server that i or someone that wants to hosts (as long as you run an unofficial server)
The official version can play on unofficial servers (i think), just not the other way around
Back to top Go down
BandaIar
Corporal
Corporal
BandaIar

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:10 pm

I have bought the game and have been playing beta multiplayer for awhile. There are creeps in beta multiplayer as of now so i stopped playing classic and have just been playing that.

Edit: the only thing that sucks is that the nether isn't officially in beta multiplayer yet, a server can add it on with something but the server i play on won't cause it causes a lot of lag. I am assuming that is being added next version of multiplayer, I hope.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:21 pm

The nether is just another map instance, shouldnt be too hard to run 2 map instences at the same time
If enough people here want to play together ill add it to the server we play on

Heres some screen shots of the game with some mods

minecraft Capture_16022011_210206
The side of my base, and newest addition, with the hell portal
Glass is alot better, it doesnt have lines going through it
The compass/map can have waypoints on it, its useful for finding your way around (it doesnt work in the nether)

minecraft Capture_16022011_210219
The back of my base, if your wondering what up with all the dirt i just didnt get enough glass yet to do the rest of it, also theres stairs above that dirt leading to the tower
Theres another room back there thats empty, idk what im going to put back there yet

minecraft Capture_16022011_210343
The back of my base on the bottom floor and the entrance to my mining tunnels
They go all the way down to the bedrock, i just finished the minecart track
If your wondering why i have a box filled with dirt and gravel its just a box i throw junk into, theres cactus and sapplings in there, im not sure what cactus are for yet

minecraft Capture_16022011_210535
This is toward the end of the minecart track
This is what gold ore looks like with the mod, everything is less pixelated
You can really tell with the lava compared to the lava in the pic seren posted

minecraft Capture_16022011_210545
Unmined redstone
You probably noticed the map/compass only shows whats above ground even when your underground, it also shows the light level of the sun so you can know what time it is without having to craft a clock
Im under a lake in that pic, its nice to know when theres water above you, unfortunately it doesnt help when theres lava above you

minecraft Capture_16022011_210558
Unmined coal, diamond and a little bit of iron under the coal
The torches look better to

minecraft Capture_16022011_211303
The crafting table, furnace and chest up close
The furnace has better looking fire to, and it comes out from the right place instead of just the top

minecraft Capture_16022011_210757
All the icons for stuff look better to
Ive been finding diamonds like crazy near the bedrock (im not using a mod to find more diamonds or anything)
They are all around lava, and ive been hitting lava deposits constantly, ive been killed twice by lava flowing in on me because i dug into it

minecraft Capture_16022011_211629
The front of my base
I didnt spend much time building it, i started by just hollowing out a mountain so i had somewhere to spend the first night away from the zombies, also those damn exploding enemies kept destroying the glass part and the front where the cobblestone and fence are

minecraft Capture_16022011_211653
The side of my base, there was a pool here, but those exploding enemies blew it up while i was adding to it which caused the water to go everywhere
The water/lava physics make no sense sometimes

minecraft Capture_16022011_210055
The back of my base and the tower, i spent most of the time building the tower
It has stairs spiraling around it so you can climb up without jumping
The trees look better to

minecraft Capture_16022011_211916
The view from the top of the tower
The world is alot less pixelized then normal, and the items in the bar look better

Overall this is the best looking mod i could find that looks like an upgraded version of the original, without changing it too much like all the other mods i found do
The minimap is a separate mod
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]232
Corporal
Corporal
AmAzIn[G]232

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:36 pm

The graphics are terrible.

It must have a great game play.

But honestly Garry's Mod Zombie Survival is the best Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Garrys mod is fun to, but gets boring after awhile, somehow minecraft doesnt
You can get a minecraft weapon into garrys mod and place blocks from the old free version of the game but its not the same
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:51 pm

a lot of the things you complimented for the new ver is just a texture pack youre using.

oh, you said that
i had that one too, its really nice. in the new ver the maker made it easier to use them, but its still crazy ugly by default.
i really like the minimap though, will it change levels with you? like if you were 10 levels into the earth would it still be showing the surface or would it be 10 levels down with you

you said that too xD

also multiplayer survival is now online. its crazy fun and addicting to do with a bunch of friends. for example me and collin played for 8 hours during which:
he dug down a few layers and i spent the next 20 minutes keeping him locked underground by placing a block everytime he tried to come up
we forgot about night so we spent the first one in a 2x1 locker with 1 window until a creeper came and all we heard was ssssss before the you have died screen
we flooded our base with lava and then i pushed him off the ledge and he spent the next 2 min trying to get away from it.
target practice with bows from the ramparts on all the creeps as they ran towards the burning castle

everything is a lot more fun with more people
especially building projects, the tedious parts just go so much faster
you can still use chat to add the really tedious to get/make blocks (like tracks n stairs)
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:48 am

every now and then i would have the thought that i should get minecraft but never really got around to doing it, but if we got a server goin with all of us doing like a survival that would be sahweet Very Happy (i would probably just buy the game in that scenario)

hmm maybe ill trick some of my other friends into getting it too...

also i was curious about the sales and its like 1,315,047 (as of when i posted this) which at €10 in alpha and €14.95 in beta now, means he's earned somewhere in the 20+million range... i call hax.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:41 pm

The minimap:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=97332&p=1456935#ZansMini
You need modloader to

The textures:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=73861
Ues this to install the textures: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=46173

I didnt post links before cause i didnt feel like answering people asking how to install the stuff, i still dont feel like answering that, so if you need to know how to install it ask on the minecraft forums in the topics there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: minecraft   minecraft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

minecraft
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next