Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_lcap26%Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_lcap35%Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_lcap19%Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_lcap0%Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_lcap0%Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_lcap10%Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_lcap10%Region Kill System [v1.5] I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Region Kill System [v1.5]

Go down 
+5
bloodasb
GOVO
DeRiGe_JT
AmAzIn[G]
nomorholywar
9 posters
AuthorMessage
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Region Kill System [v1.5] Empty
PostSubject: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Few folks on Europe have been asking me for this, so I decided to just put it up here, so everybody can use it.
Here is the link to download the system. Read the Init trigger for instructions.
** This requires Jass NewGen editor. If you don't have it, download it from the link below **

**UPDATES**
  • DEBUG == true in the Init trigger allows you to see where your regions are being placed. Set it to false when you release your map!
  • Now, instead of specifying a complicated # for tightness, you just decide between 0 (Maze of Fantasy-type regions), or 1 (MoRs/MoHs-type regions)
  • Added support for multiple death terrain types AND MULTIPLE TIGHTNESS for each of those terrain types, read the Init trigger for details.
  • Improved GoodRegions recognition, but make sure that when you place the GoodRegions, you extend the left + bottom side of each region by one space, while the right + top hug the terrain edge. See this image for an example:

Spoiler:

What is this?
  • A new form of death triggering. In the past, people either placed regions by hand (a time consuming process), or used terrain kill (a periodic trigger that checks the unit's position every 0.01-0.05 seconds, which, if done with locations, leaks severely).

Why is this good?
  • If you hate placing death regions, this will rock your boat. Not only does it ensure you don't have to waste time making each death region, and clog up your editor's memory usage by creating several regions, but also it ensures that each region placement is consistent, so people who play your maze will not die from random "noob regions".

Why not just use terrain kill? After all, you did post a "terrain kill with adjustable tighness" trigger...
  • Terrain kill does use a lot of in-game memory, even with the leaks removed, because it is checking periodically. This system places all the regions at the start of the map, as the game is loading.
    But more importantly, the terrain kill is based on checking terrain rectangles, so corners/diagonals appear very tight. I'll let this set of images do the talking:

This is what traditional terrain kill is like, note how the death parts extend out onto the path for corner/diagonals:
    Spoiler:
    You can use the adjustable-tightness terrain kill, but then apart from the lag issue, to achieve truly good regions with good corners,
    you have to set the tightness to such a low value that you'll be able to bug across the death parts:
    Spoiler:
    Now this is what my region kill system does, by making several tiny regions to maximize the path/offpath distinction, for a far more accurate set of regions:
    Spoiler:

What are the current limitations?

• You need to use Jass Newgen Editor (which I would heavily recommend anyway, as it lets you test your map in window mode, among other incredible features). You can download it here: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999

If you have any questions/comments/suggestions/bugs, feel free to go fuck yourself.

Last edited by nomorholywar on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:13 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:40 am

Few people were having issues with a bug, so I changed a few things. Should work now. If you downloaded it, get the new ver.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Id like to have sex with Mrs. Region kill l8er around 6-8pm? sound good uhm saturday?
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:04 pm

Updated to support multiple death terrain types, for maps like mor4, moh5, ppf, etc.
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:43 pm

wohoo new version! in lieu of the retarded current state of mazing thread, I've decided to change up the options on the region generator.

You have 3 options for the Tightness variable:

Tightness = 0 (Maze of Fantasy, vSex mazes, maze of PPF)
Tightness = 1 (MoH maps, MoR maps, left + bottom sides not buggable)
Tightness = 2 ("Classic mazes" from the "good ol' days of mazing". Essentially terrain kill)

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
DeRiGe_JT
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm not sure if it's possible, but arun, can you make so its random what sides you can go off path and random tightness? (ofc between a min and a max value)
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:44 pm

bloodasb wrote:
in the otherone someone made oun of you for being brown and ur about to cry/ poop im not sure

my brown friends and I invented this thing called The Wall Test.
We put our hand next to the wall at a party. If our skin color is darker than the wall, we won't fit in.

Chances are we get fucked 100% of the time.

Derige_JT wrote:
I'm not sure if it's possible, but arun, can you make so its random what sides you can go off path and random tightness? (ofc between a min and a max value)

of course. but i cant think of one practical use for that. aside from just pissing people off
Back to top Go down
GOVO
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 4:28 pm

I guess i found a bug on this killing system. You can go between the "Areas". Check the image:

Spoiler:

Anyway I'm looking forward to use this system on the map im making : )

Oh, and a doubt about this. I thought about using tightness = 1. U think its appropiate for an skate map ? Remember i dont want loose regions like in PPF ! They are too "soft" xd

Last edited by GOVO on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 8:56 pm

GOVO wrote:
I guess i found a bug on this killing system. You can go between the "Areas".

Thanks for pointing that out GOVO, pretty big bug. I'll have to look into a way of fixing that, and I don't have the time at the moment. So in the mean time, just avoid that issue by creating extra regions where the off-path changes, and then just add them to the Death trigger. Shouldn't be too much work.

Heres how:
Spoiler:

And regarding your skating map, it depends on the tileset. If its a 'thin' tile like murloc slide, or ppf first ice levels, use tightness = 1. If its a bigger path like ice on snow (da skate away, itw), use tightness = 0.
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:01 am

you should just make a simple java interface for this, just imputs and dropdown menus, then this system would take off for all the map noobs( and lazy people like myself )

i can explain if u reply and dont understand im just to lazy right now and hyped up on 5 hour energy and NoS

Last edited by bloodasb on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeRiGe_JT
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:29 am

nomorholywar wrote:
of course. but i cant think of one practical use for that. aside from just pissing people off

Well i mean... same everytime but not so its always the same sides are bugable. like in mor :S
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:42 pm

i found some problems with ur region kill system, i dont believe i did it :/
And even when i changed the tightness it didnt matter lol...

Btw. Olo is teal

Region Kill System [v1.5] Arun_110

Region Kill System [v1.5] Arun_210

Region Kill System [v1.5] Arun_310
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:17 am

can you host it when i get on? ill take a look
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:59 am

OK! The system is FINAL. Been totally updated, and works extremely well for diagonals.

Also the DEBUG mode is brilliant. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
ShiFteh
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:45 pm

Okay, it was working perfectly yesterday, but when I saved today, jasshelper keeps saying:

"Nested scopes cannot have initializers"

I didn't edit the trigger since yesterday.

Here's the trigger:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:47 am

I havent looked at normors map so i cant tell you

But if it was working and now isnt you mustve changed something, things dont just break mysteriously
Well they do break mysteriously, but theres always a reason

Go back and compare yours to nomors and see what differences there are
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:44 pm

what you posted isnt a nested scope
its just a scope

for it to be nested, it has to be within something else
i'm guessing you made a function without ending it

ie
function asf takes ... returns ...

(missing endfunction)

anyways what im saying is
the problem might not be in that trigger
or at least in the stub you posted
it'd probably be above it, but i dont really know without seeing the whole thing
Back to top Go down
FaMoUs
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Works perfectly, Going to use it for my last Mof.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Region Kill System [v1.5]   Region Kill System [v1.5] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Region Kill System [v1.5]
Page 1 of 1