Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_lcap26%How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_lcap35%How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_lcap19%How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_lcap0%How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_lcap0%How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_lcap10%How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_lcap10%How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"

Go down 
+4
Pat1487
Knight of Gods
bloodasb
nomorholywar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" Empty
PostSubject: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:32 pm

I will provide a test map instead of showing pictures for each part of the triggers, cause its simpler and less cluttered.
Here are the steps to set it up:

1.First go to the variables list in the trigger editor, and add the following variables:
Spoiler:

2. Place a region somewhere on your path, making sure it is fully on the path:
Spoiler:

3. Create a Variables trigger, where at map initialization you do 3 things:
- Add all of your hero units to the unit group Units.
- Set your BugDistance variable to whatever # you want (could be done when creating the variable if preferred).
- Set your PathTerrain variable to the region you placed in step #2, identifying what the path terrain-type will be.
Spoiler:

4. Create the Terrain Kill trigger, which runs every 0.05 seconds and kills the hero if it is more than BugDistance away from the path:
Spoiler:

5. Things to note:
- If your path changes terrain-type during the maze, be sure to add a region on the new path terrain and set PathTerrain accordingly.
- Since this is based on checking the terrain of the path only, your death terrains can change without affecting the triggers.
- If the picture quality is very bad, just open the map below. Triggers are all in it.

Here is the test map, run it and you can set the BugDistance in the game itself. Instructions on doing so are in the loading screen.
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/96198/

Last edited by nomorholywar on Wed May 20, 2009 10:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:43 pm

i dont understand BUGGABLE ?
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:22 pm

i believe he means NON super tight
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:29 pm

I changed the title so its easier to understand.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Thats pretty impressive, when I have more time ill test to see how flexible/reliable it really is

But from the looks of the trigger it should work perfectly

Great Job and thanks for sharing it
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:26 pm

That is pretty cool, but what when u want to change the **thickness** of your path?
do u have to create a series of different varibles and terrain kill triggers and turn them on and off varying from your thickness?
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:29 am

nomorholywar wrote:

- Set your BugDistance variable to whatever # you want (could be done when creating the variable if preferred).
How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" Vars10

Blood, just change that BugDistance variable in a trigger whenever you want it changed..
Back to top Go down
TorchBeast
Corporal
Corporal
TorchBeast

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:52 pm

I'm currently using this terrain system b4 it was released to this forum. It work's perfectly and i recommend it if your lazy to not do regions. I recommend a 48.30 For "BugDistance"
Back to top Go down
bloodasb
Captain
Captain
bloodasb

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:34 pm

oh i understand Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Knight of Gods
Commander
Commander
Knight of Gods

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:17 am

k torch that depends i was messing with it and 48 is way too much for a land maze maybe for an ice maze cause like 64 makes so you can cross 1 squares distance
Back to top Go down
KevKevQaz
Recruit
Recruit
KevKevQaz

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:44 pm

arun thats long
i need ur hlp!
Back to top Go down
sube2
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:16 am

The only problem with this, is you can only use 1 tile! But its an easy fix. just change this

• If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
    Or - Any (Conditions) are true
    Conditions
    (Terrain type at XPosition[1]) Equal to PathTerrain[1]
    (Terrain type at XPosition[1]) Equal to PathTerrain[2]
    (Terrain type at XPosition[1]) Equal to PathTerrain[3]

Then - Actions
    Set PathBool = True
    Else - Actions

Therefore allowing multiple terrain types.
Back to top Go down
PiNNoMaNaPiNkY
Recruit
Recruit
PiNNoMaNaPiNkY

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 5:03 pm

its tft only Sad
Back to top Go down
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Last edited by nomorholywar on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PiNNoMaNaPiNkY
Recruit
Recruit
PiNNoMaNaPiNkY

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 9:49 pm

id rather do regular region jass system then learn yours ><
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"   How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to: Terrain Kill with Changeable "Tightness"
Page 1 of 1