Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Hey whats up I_vote_lcap26%Hey whats up I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Hey whats up I_vote_lcap35%Hey whats up I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Hey whats up I_vote_lcap19%Hey whats up I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Hey whats up I_vote_lcap0%Hey whats up I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Hey whats up I_vote_lcap0%Hey whats up I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Hey whats up I_vote_lcap10%Hey whats up I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Hey whats up I_vote_lcap10%Hey whats up I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Hey whats up

Go down 
+4
BackseatDriver
Pat1487
Eat_bacon_daily
amazing
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
amazing
Recruit
Recruit

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 12:48 am

Haven't been on here in a long time.

Also pat I lost my username and email for my other account lol AmAzIn[G]. Pm the details if you ever get around to it haha.
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 2:50 pm

Funny i just randomly came back here to see all the anime discussions and wc3 stuff we use to talk about. Ah the good old days
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 5:11 pm

I saw the new ghostbusters movie yesterday and came back here to see if i ever posted anything about it, i remember it being announced at least 3 years ago, and theres also the game that came out in 2009, so i figured there was a high chance that i said something about it here, turns out i didnt

I remember talking about it with someone here, probably in 1 of the chats though
It was so bad that it made me want to make one of those posts i used to make that are like 5 paragraphs long ranting about how bad it was

amazing wrote:
Haven't been on here in a long time.

Also pat I lost my username and email for my other account lol AmAzIn[G]. Pm the details if you ever get around to it haha.
As you can see no one uses this anymore, people randomly pop in every couple of months so there is no real point in having your account

I cant just give you that account, i have no way to verify you are amaz (even though i believe you are amaz), but if i gave old accounts over to people without verifying who they say they are someone could pretend to be someone else to steal the forum account (as unlikely as that is on this dead forum, its still possible)

Stealing the forum account doesnt really matter at this point, but i still cant do it, i think you added me to skype years ago, if you really want your account back you can msg me there and tell me here so i actually check it and ill make a new password for you (since i cant actually see passwords) and send the details in some random amount of time within a year or so

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Funny i just randomly came back here to see all the anime discussions and wc3 stuff we use to talk about. Ah the good old days

Yeah i read some of the old stuff too, the pictures in the server photo album that backseat posted were especially nostalgic to me since i had either not seen or forgotten most of that

Good times, glad i didnt delete all this, even if it is dead
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 1:46 pm

I heard ghostbusters ended up being fine.

You still watch anime? Haven't seen a noteworthy anime in a while. (Fate stay night ended up pretty avrg). Watching tales of estria X right now just coz the animation looks good.

Dc movies have been disapointing

You guys need to see "nice guys" , i dont say this alot but its the funniest movie ive seen in years.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 9:46 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I heard ghostbusters ended up being fine.

It was awful, really stupid characters, terrible villain, missed opportunities (especially with the cameos, spoiler below), rehashing of ideas from the originals, every decent joke followed by something stupid to ruin it, the ghostbusters have no chemistry between them like the original team had

I absolutely hated Kevin (the receptionist), no one is that stupid, it was just too stupid to be funny

Spoiler:

It just made me watch the original and play the 2009 game

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
You still watch anime? Haven't seen a noteworthy anime in a while. (Fate stay night ended up pretty avrg). Watching tales of estria X right now just coz the animation looks good.

I do, but not nearly as much as I used to watch, i never even finished the 2nd half of fate stay night
I ended up watching One Punch Man, that was above average, i don't really get why it was so popular though
I saw Charlotte recently, only because it was made by the same guy that made clannad and angel beats, it was alright, not nearly as good as either of those, still worth watching though

Your Lie in April was good
My Hero Academia was bad
Death Parade was pretty good
SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist was pretty funny if you like double entendre, silly innuendo, and colorful euphemisms but it doesnt have much of a story to it
Ajin has potential, with a cool idea but didnt really do anything with it yet, it will have a 2nd season though in october so it might end up being good

My favorite this year has been Boku dake ga Inai Machi, though thats probably due to my personal fascination with time travel, its not nearly as good as other time travel anime, like stein;s gate, but still pretty good

Ill probably watch Dangonronpa 3 once i finish playing the game (http://store.steampowered.com/app/413420/) i started playing the game last month, before the anime existed (and before i knew an anime would exist) im glad i ended up playing the game though, its great (the only reason its taking me so long to play it is because you need to play it in like 8 hour chunks, in order to be able to remember every detail to solve the case, and i dont get to dedicate 8 straight hours to games that often anymore)

And Im considering watching Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu but i havent decided yet

Thats all i can remember watching from the past year or so

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Dc movies have been disapointing
DC has always struggled with movies, they seem to be better at TV shows, except batman, they usually get batman right, but when it comes to superman they always fail hard
Batman vs Superman was pretty bad, i told you years ago that "vs" movies are usually bad and that you shouldnt get excited for it, that way when it sucked you cant be disappointed since you expect nothing
Havent seen Suicide Squad, heard it wasnt good and decided to skip it

Also, not dc, but superhero related, i saw the captain america movies, i was really surprised by the first one, the only reason i watched them at all was so i could watch civil war, but i ended up really liking the first one, which i thought i would hate, and the 2nd one may as well be called Nick Fury: Agents of Shield, which was also good
Civil war was meh

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
You guys need to see "nice guys" , i dont say this alot but its the funniest movie ive seen in years.
That's funny, yesterday i saw a list of the top most pirated movies of last week and that was on it at number 5, i considered watching it because of that but decided not to because rotten tomatoes lists its genre as "Drama" but wanted a comedy and didnt bother to check anywhere else for info about the movie (im so lazy now that all i looked at was the score and genre lol)

I guess ill definitely watch it now though
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 4:20 pm

Quote :
It was awful, really stupid characters, terrible villain, missed opportunities (especially with the cameos, spoiler below), rehashing of ideas from the originals, every decent joke followed by something stupid to ruin it, the ghostbusters have no chemistry between them like the original team had

I absolutely hated Kevin (the receptionist), no one is that stupid, it was just too stupid to be funny

Hmm that's too bad. Well the trailers didn't look so good anyways and i also was never really excited.

Quote :
It just made me watch the original and play the 2009 game
I can't figure what you are talking about here. A ghostbusters game from 2009?

Quote :
do, but not nearly as much as I used to watch, i never even finished the 2nd half of fate stay night
I ended up watching One Punch Man, that was above average, i don't really get why it was so popular though
I saw Charlotte recently, only because it was made by the same guy that made clannad and angel beats, it was alright, not nearly as good as either of those, still worth watching though
Yeah i never finished fate/stay night either, i was just so underwhelmed with season 1. i think after like 5 episodes we stopped discussing it on the forums because there was nothing really to discuss.

Also yeah One Punch Man was above avrg, but i heard the hype was from the manga. It had its moments, but it really feels like the plot isn't going anywhere IMO

Quote :
My favorite this year has been Boku dake ga Inai Machi, though thats probably due to my personal fascination with time travel, its not nearly as good as other time travel anime, like stein;s gate, but still pretty good
I enjoyed this, but i had some issues with it. Like the time travel is never really explained, normally i can ignore that, but it was such an intrical part of the story. Also the final confrontation was pretty weak

Quote :
And Im considering watching Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu but i havent decided yet
From what i heard, people are loving this. But the first 5-6 episodes aside, i find it painfully boring. I don't know if it's because i'm getting older, but the goddamned decisions the characters make, causes me to want to bang my head on my desk repeatedly.
"OMG SOMEONE IS TRYING TO KILL ME, better spend the entire day dicking with friends and learning to cook and clean."

Quote :
DC has always struggled with movies, they seem to be better at TV shows, except batman, they usually get batman right, but when it comes to superman they always fail hard
Batman vs Superman was pretty bad, i told you years ago that "vs" movies are usually bad and that you shouldnt get excited for it, that way when it sucked you cant be disappointed since you expect nothing
Havent seen Suicide Squad, heard it wasnt good and decided to skip it
The animated movies are usually pretty amazing. The Mask of Phantasm, The Flashpoint Paradox, Under the Red Hood, The Dark Knight Returns ect...
Also i use to have faith in Zack Snyder, i feel like he can adapt things pretty well, but when he is involved in the story it kinda falls apart.

Also, not dc, but superhero related, i saw the captain america movies, i was really surprised by the first one, the only reason i watched them at all was so i could watch civil war, but i ended up really liking the first one, which i thought i would hate, and the 2nd one may as well be called Nick Fury: Agents of Shield, which was also good Civil war was meh wrote:
Yes, i also enjoyed Captain America 1 more than i expected. The 2nd one was even better. I disagree with you about Civil War, it was everything i could have wanted for what it was.

Also right now i'm in the Swiss Army as a Sergeant, I have pretty much finished all my military work and i'm waiting to be released (because in the Swiss Army you have to put in a certain amount of time based on your rank before you can be completely done with it). Anyways so they got no idea what to do with and i'm basically getting paid to sit on my ass (Just like any government job), before i can go home and go to school. So basically all this to say, if you got some movies to suggest , i'd be happy to hear them. I have been recently watching some Oscar movies from last year. Here are some reviews if you are interested.

Room
Read the book prior to watching the movie (i have so much free time, i read it in 3 days), and they were both descent, i don't think i'd recommend this, just because it never felt too engaging to me. Although that might be because i knew what was going to happen as i have read the book. The book and the movie differ in plot points, but the essential goals are there.
7/10

The Big Short
Had a lot of fun with this movie. Had some good laughs. This is just a personal qualm, but during the whole movie i kept imagining a conversation in my head about what the movie producers said before green lightning this
Guy 1:"Yo i want to make a movie about the 2008 financial crisis and how some doods figured it out early"
Guy 2:"Sounds interesting, but you forget most people are fucking idiots and won't understand anything about how the financial system works"
Guy 1:"Don't worry dood, we will add *hip* songs and have super famous actors break down every little detail of the financial mumbo jumbo directly to the camera, plus we have like all the famous actors"
Anyways what i am trying to say, is the movie treats you like an idiot, which you find out you kinda of are.
8/10

12 Years a Slave
Not sure what to say here, it was incredibly enjoyable. The acting was amazing and the screenplay was very good. Felt weird seeing a buncha incredibly famous actors in it. Also all the characters speak with like literary english, but they made it work.
8/10

Going to watch Spotlight next. I hope its good
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 6:05 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Hmm that's too bad. Well the trailers didn't look so good anyways and i also was never really excited.
I heard that the trailer was bad before seeing it, i thought a lot of that was just from people expecting something amazing since its ghostbusters and seeing that the trailer was just average disappointed them

So i expected average mediocrity, but got crap, im probably being harsher to it too, just because of the cameo's

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I can't figure what you are talking about here. A ghostbusters game from 2009?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/9870/

Its basically ghostbusters 3, has all the original cast, playing their original roles with a new story, it goes on sale for like $5, well worth it if you are a fan of the original ghostbusters movies

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Also yeah One Punch Man was above avrg, but i heard the hype was from the manga. It had its moments, but it really feels like the plot isn't going anywhere IMO
Yeah thats how i felt aboutt he plot too, theres really no where for it to go

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I enjoyed this, but i had some issues with it. Like the time travel is never really explained, normally i can ignore that, but it was such an intrical part of the story. Also the final confrontation was pretty weak
It sets up some rules of how time travel works and doesn't break those rules which is all i really care about when it comes to explanations, as long as it is self consistent i'm ok with not knowing the details of how it works or where it come from

And I had forgotten how bad the anime ending is, I read the manga after watching it, starting from the point where the anime deviates from the manga, and basically overwrote the ending to the anime with the ending to the manga in my head since the manga did it better
I dont even remember the ending to the anime anymore lol

Chapter 31 is where the anime started going its own way, about half way through 31 until chapter 34 is just more character information which helps explain some motivations a lot better than the anime explained it, and chapter 35 to the end is all different from the anime

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
From what i heard, people are loving this. But the first 5-6 episodes aside, i find it painfully boring. I don't know if it's because i'm getting older, but the goddamned decisions the characters make, causes me to want to bang my head on my desk repeatedly.
"OMG SOMEONE IS TRYING TO KILL ME, better spend the entire day dicking with friends and learning to cook and clean."
Lol, sometimes that makes sense though, because what else could you do, live in fear cowering in a dark hole waiting for your assassin, i think that would be even more boring to watch than watching them learn to cook
And I dont know about you, but if i had anime style super/magic powers i would totally dick around with friends, even if i was under the threat of being killed just because

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
The animated movies are usually pretty amazing. The Mask of Phantasm, The Flashpoint Paradox, Under the Red Hood, The Dark Knight Returns ect...
Also i use to have faith in Zack Snyder, i feel like he can adapt things pretty well, but when he is involved in the story it kinda falls apart.
All of those are batman movies, except flashpoint, so those dont count since, like i said, they normally get batman movies right

And i missed flashpoint, seems like the kind of thing i would love, will watch it this weekend probably

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Yes, i also enjoyed Captain America 1 more than i expected. The 2nd one was even better. I disagree with you about Civil War, it was everything i could have wanted for what it was.
It couldve been so much more though, and i really didnt like what they did with
Spoiler:

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
if you got some movies to  suggest , i'd be happy to hear them
Ive only seen the popular stuff this year. stuff you wouldve already heard of or seen
The only thing i can recommend are TV shows: Preacher, Stranger Things, and Mr. Robot
Stanger Things can be watched as an 8 hour long movie, the other 2 are still airing
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 6:31 am

Quote :
It sets up some rules of how time travel works and doesn't break those rules which is all i really care about when it comes to explanations, as long as it is self consistent i'm ok with not knowing the details of how it works or where it come from

And I had forgotten how bad the anime ending is, I read the manga after watching it, starting from the point where the anime deviates from the manga, and basically overwrote the ending to the anime with the ending to the manga in my head since the manga did it better
I dont even remember the ending to the anime anymore lol

Chapter 31 is where the anime started going its own way, about half way through 31 until chapter 34 is just more character information which helps explain some motivations a lot better than the anime explained it, and chapter 35 to the end is all different from the anime

It all felt overly dramatic and pretty lame for a show that had done a pretty good job so far.

Quote :
Lol, sometimes that makes sense though, because what else could you do, live in fear cowering in a dark hole waiting for your assassin, i think that would be even more boring to watch than watching them learn to cook
And I dont know about you, but if i had anime style super/magic powers i would totally dick around with friends, even if i was under the threat of being killed just because
Wouldn't you at least try and figure out who is murdering you? lol. Sometimes if you really think about it, anime logic is pretty retarded.

Quote :
All of those are batman movies, except flashpoint, so those dont count since, like i said, they normally get batman movies right

And i missed flashpoint, seems like the kind of thing i would love, will watch it this weekend probably
Not many people have seen Flashpoint, but it's amazing. You are in for a treat. You can see it in HQ on kisscartoon btw.

Quote :
Ive only seen the popular stuff this year. stuff you wouldve already heard of or seen
The only thing i can recommend are TV shows: Preacher, Stranger Things, and Mr. Robot
Stanger Things can be watched as an 8 hour long movie, the other 2 are still airing
Ive heard good things about Stranger Things, going to watch it this week probably.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
It all felt overly dramatic and pretty lame for a show that had done a pretty good job so far.
Yeah, it was pretty silly, the manga was almost done at the end of the anime too so i dont know why they didn't just ask the author and get the manga ending since it is so much better

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Wouldn't you at least try and figure out who is murdering you? lol. Sometimes if you really think about it, anime logic is pretty retarded.
It depends, sometimes there's just no way to figure out whos behind it, if an assassin tried to kill you right now, failed, and killed himself how would you go about figuring out who's trying to kill you, you probably won't find anything on the body, you might be able to find out who the assassin is but even after searching his place you might not find anything, even if you do find something it won't be easy to figure out who hired him, some anime does go this route and it is interesting

But it would be impossible to figure out if the assassin fails and either gets away or somehow destroys his body after killing himself since youd have nothing to go on and in anime the assassin gets away after failing a lot more often than the first route so theres not much they can do but dick around with friends

Im not saying anime logic is perfect, not at all, but it usually makes sense within its own world
I mean, the third route is the assassin gets caught alive and in anime they usually end up teaming up with the main character as an anti-hero sidekick/love interest that has no idea who hired them and has almost no helpful information which is so illogical that I would welcome just dicking around

I still havent started watching it yet though

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Not many people have seen Flashpoint, but it's amazing. You are in for a treat. You can see it in HQ on kisscartoon btw.
I saw it and it was good, although i have 2 problems with it

Spoiler:

I saw The Nice Guys too, so good, so funny, thanks for getting me to watch that

Not really sure what I'm going to watch now, just finished season 2 of Better Call Saul last weekend, no shows/movies left really, and the anime selection doesn't seem great
I wish I could see Kimi no Na wa, looks like it will be great, but it just came out in theaters in japan so it will take awhile
You have any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 10:59 am

Quote :
I saw it and it was good, although i have 2 problems with it
I know what you mean, but it didn't bother me. They just wanted to be able to have all the justice league members in this alternate universe, which was fine by me.
As for your second problem, i don't really know much about flash, but if i remember well, even if in the movie everything looks like it returns to normal, i think in the comic some stuff still changes forever, which led to a new DC comic universe. Though i am not 100% sure.

Quote :
I saw The Nice Guys too, so good, so funny, thanks for getting me to watch that
Glad you liked it
Spoiler:
Apparently everyone is up for making a sequel to this, but it didn't not make enough money in theaters, so the studio doesn't want to green light it yet.

Quote :
Not really sure what I'm going to watch now, just finished season 2 of Better Call Saul last weekend
Better Call Saul was great! I wasn't expecting that. I thought it would just be some kinda cash grab, and i usually don't like prequels, because knowing who is alive removes a lot of tension. But man do i love this show.

Also i watched Stranger Things as per your recommendation and it was amazing! I watched it in like a day or something.
Quote :
Though i thought the fact that the monster took so long to find Will was weird. I thought, maybe since it doesn't have eyes it can only track blood, but then why did it go after Will in episode 1.
Also thought it was stupid that the sheriff just ran into the lab alone looking for will that one time. I don't understand what was his end game there. What if he found Will, what then, he had no escape plans.
The kids were very good i thought, and i like how they spoke like kids.
There will be a new season in 2017, which is unsurprising, though i want to keep my expectations low as itll be pretty hard to top that last season.

Quote :
I wish I could see Kimi no Na wa, looks like it will be great, but it just came out in theaters in japan so it will take awhile
I was actually planning on seeing this on Kissanime, as i saw it on myanimelist and thought it looked good. Didn't know it was in theaters in Japan, also didn't know that Japan still releases 2D movies in theaters only, thats pretty cool. I guess it's expected the popularity of anime.

Quote :
You have any suggestions?
You could always watch RE:From Zero in Another World, you might like it more than i did. Also people are enjoying it.

I just watched Your Lie in April. It was somewhere around average for me, though it is really highly rated on anime list. You could watch that, again if you don't have the same taste as me, you might enjoy it. The ending is really good though.

Besides that i think we have both seen pretty much the same shows. Though i was planning on watching Ping Pong the Animation, though i still find it hard to get past the animation style. We could watch it together if you want though, just like the good ol days.

Also have you seen The Killing Joke? It was really hyped.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
As for your second problem, i don't really know much about flash, but if i remember well, even if in the movie everything looks like it returns to normal, i think in the comic some stuff still changes forever, which led to a new DC comic universe. Though i am not 100% sure.
I don't read the comics so I wouldnt know about that, but I suppose their couldve been differences that we just didn't see, its just that:

Spoiler:

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Spoiler:
Apparently everyone is up for making a sequel to this, but it didn't not make enough money in theaters, so the studio doesn't want to green light it yet.
I'd love to see a sequel to this
Spoiler:

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Better Call Saul was great! I wasn't expecting that. I thought it would just be some kinda cash grab, and i usually don't like prequels, because knowing who is alive removes a lot of tension. But man do i love this show.
I never thought it would be a cash grab, its made by the same people that made Breaking Bad and they weren't pushed into doing it by the network, they had more story to tell with these characters and wanted to do it

But I agree about knowing who lives, the trick is to have enough extra characters that we don't know the fate of and who we care about to keep tension up, which we do have here so it works

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Also i watched Stranger Things as per your recommendation and it was amazing! I watched it in like a day or something.
Spoiler:
The kids were very good i thought, and i like how they spoke like kids.
There will be a new season in 2017, which is unsurprising, though i want to keep my expectations low as itll be pretty hard to top that last season.

Theres still a lot of unanswered questions so I don't think it will be hard to top the last season, it should at the very lest be equal to it
Spoiler:
And yeah the kids were great, well written and played by the best child actors ive ever seen (11 was the worst one but her part was hard)

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I was actually planning on seeing this on Kissanime, as i saw it on myanimelist and thought it looked good. Didn't know it was in theaters in Japan, also didn't know that Japan still releases 2D movies in theaters only, thats pretty cool. I guess it's expected the popularity of anime.
Anime is so popular there that i think theres more 2d animated movies than live action ones lol
Got to wait 6-8 months for the bluray release

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
You could always watch RE:From Zero in Another World, you might like it more than i did. Also people are enjoying it.

Yeah i guess ill watch this

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I just watched Your Lie in April. It was somewhere around average for me, though it is really highly rated on anime list. You could watch that, again if you don't have the same taste as me, you might enjoy it. The ending is really good though.
I already saw it, i mentioned it in a post above, I liked it

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Besides that i think we have both seen pretty much the same shows. Though i was planning on watching Ping Pong the Animation, though i still find it hard to get past the animation style. We could watch it together if you want though, just like the good ol days.

Also have you seen The Killing Joke? It was really hyped.

Ping Pong the Animation isn't really my thing, sports anime in general is just a genre ive never really liked, although if i were to watch one it would be this one since ping pong isnt really a sport, maybe ill give it a chance

And no I havent seen the killing joke, I heard it was disappointing so I skipped it

Also have you played the attack on titan game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/449800/
Its pretty good. it doesn't go past the anime unfortunately, but other than that its everything i wanted from an attack on titan game, really solid gameplay, looking forward to the anime's 2nd season, still 3 months away though

I know you don't normally play games but i thought id mention it since its anime related
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Quote :
I never thought it would be a cash grab, its made by the same people that made Breaking Bad and they weren't pushed into doing it by the network, they had more story to tell with these characters and wanted to do it

But I agree about knowing who lives, the trick is to have enough extra characters that we don't know the fate of and who we care about to keep tension up, which we do have here so it works
I'm usually the kinda guy that believes that if someone pulls off a good show or a good season, it's because there was passion and luck. So i'm never optimistic about spinoffs or unplanned sequels. Also usually the *original* story of a show focuses on being the best it can, it's not trying to setup spinoffs, or at least it usually isn't. I doubt they were writing the last seasons of breaking bad, thinking in the back of there mind, let's setup some random plot points for a spinoff or random sequel. Anyways my pessimism can also be misplaced, like in this case.

On a side note, sometimes when creators do setpup random plot points for spinoffs and sequels it seems totally out of place, like in Avengers Age of Ultron, with thors side quest, which led to nothing.

Quote :
Theres still a lot of unanswered questions so I don't think it will be hard to top the last season, it should at the very lest be equal to it
You never know, they could randomly turn it into a sitcom or even a musical. Thats what i'd do if i were running things anyway.

Quote :
Yeah i guess ill watch this
Tell me what you think as you watch. I stopped around episode 14 i think.

Quote :
I already saw it, i mentioned it in a post above, I liked it
Oh right. How'd you like the japenglish. Twinkru Twinkru rittle stra.
Spoiler:

Quote :
Ping Pong the Animation isn't really my thing, sports anime in general is just a genre ive never really liked, although if i were to watch one it would be this one since ping pong isnt really a sport, maybe ill give it a chance
Weird that you don't like sport anime. I don't really care what kinda show i'm watching as long as its good.

Quote :
Also have you played the attack on titan game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/449800/
Its pretty good. it doesn't go past the anime unfortunately, but other than that its everything i wanted from an attack on titan game, really solid gameplay, looking forward to the anime's 2nd season, still 3 months away though

I know you don't normally play games but i thought id mention it since its anime related
Hahaha, i still play games, i just haven't had much time in recent days. I saw many videos about it and was looking into it, but it's so expensive right now.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 5:20 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:

I'm usually the kinda guy that believes that if someone pulls off a good show or a good season, it's because there was passion and luck. So i'm never optimistic about spinoffs or unplanned sequels. Also usually the *original* story of a show focuses on being the best it can, it's not trying to setup spinoffs, or at least it usually isn't. I doubt they were writing the last seasons of breaking bad, thinking in the back of there mind, let's setup some random plot points for a spinoff or random sequel. Anyways my pessimism can also be misplaced, like in this case.

On a side note, sometimes when creators do setpup random plot points for spinoffs and sequels it seems totally out of place, like in Avengers Age of Ultron, with thors side quest, which led to nothing.

Well thor's thing didn't lead to nothing, yet, thor wasn't in civil war because hes off doing that side quest with those infinity stones, so we will probably see something about that in some future movie, and even if we don't it was used as an excuse to keep him out of civil war so in a way it had a purpose
It feels contrived though, feels like a way for the writers to get out of having to put thor in civil war because if he was in it whichever side he was on would win just because of how much more powerful he is compared to them
It wouldve made a good ending to it though, thor comes in, sees shit going down, and just tells them to knock it off we have more important stuff to worry about, and they dont listen, so he gets in the middle of it all attacking both sides as they attack eachother, and when its over, at the very end, he says something ominous about the stones and credits roll, and the next avengers would be about that, you see what i mean about what i said earlier, how civil war could be better, this is just 1 small example off the top of my head

Anyway, back to the main point, if the main show is really well written, like breaking bad is, ill give the writers the benefit of the doubt and will be optimistic about a spinoff, especially if it focuses on a character that clearly has a lot of unexplored story like Saul
Fear the Walking Dead is a spinoff from The Walking Dead that I have no faith in at all, very pessimistic about it, I still haven't watched it, that one is definitely a cash grab, random people working on it, completely unknown characters not related to the main show at all
It has a 75% rating so it might not be bad but it would take a lot to convince me to watch it, i dont even really want to watch the main show after what they did in the season finale

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
You never know, they could randomly turn it into a sitcom or even a musical. Thats what i'd do if i were running things anyway.
Wait why would you completely change it, a sitcom or musical is so out of place for something like this, theres no reason to change it to a different genre, no one would want that

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Tell me what you think as you watch. I stopped around episode 14 i think.
Still havent started watching it lol

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Oh right. How'd you like the japenglish. Twinkru Twinkru rittle stra.
Lol, it wasnt that bad
Its only funny when its really bad, if she had actually said "stra" it wouldve been funny, but she tried
Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Weird that you don't like sport anime. I don't really care what kinda show i'm watching as long as its good.
Its just certain types of anime have certain specific types of tropes/cliches and i dont enjoy the ones that are generally in sports anime, its mainly the tournament trope, i dont like tournaments because you know the main character will win the important one and sports anime almost always involve tournaments as the main focus (i didnt know your lie in april would be mostly tournaments, but i made an exception for it since it was more focused on the characters inability to preform and trying to get past that than it was about winning the tourney)
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 4:10 am

Quote :
Well thor's thing didn't lead to nothing, yet, thor wasn't in civil war because hes off doing that side quest with those infinity stones, so we will probably see something about that in some future movie, and even if we don't it was used as an excuse to keep him out of civil war so in a way it had a purpose
It feels contrived though, feels like a way for the writers to get out of having to put thor in civil war because if he was in it whichever side he was on would win just because of how much more powerful he is compared to them
It wouldve made a good ending to it though, thor comes in, sees shit going down, and just tells them to knock it off we have more important stuff to worry about, and they dont listen, so he gets in the middle of it all attacking both sides as they attack eachother, and when its over, at the very end, he says something ominous about the stones and credits roll, and the next avengers would be about that, you see what i mean about what i said earlier, how civil war could be better, this is just 1 small example off the top of my head

Ionno, that random ending you came up with would have been pretty weird. Like Thor just shows up and the main plot comes to a screeching halt, then he teases the next movie, roll credits.

Though Civil War didn't have the best ending, it wasn't really disappointing for me. Yeah, everything gets resolved without any lasting consequences, but the whole ride was fun.

Also even though he keeps getting teased, Thanos does not seem like a really cool or interesting villain to me. I haven't read any comics though, but I didnt read through some quick lore on him and it seemed really really stupid. So for me personally teasing Thanos in Civil War would have been a disappointment.

Quote :
Wait why would you completely change it, a sitcom or musical is so out of place for something like this, theres no reason to change it to a different genre, no one would want that
It was a joke, I thought it was clearly a joke lol.

Quote :
Still havent started watching it lol
I think it finished airing now, maybe i will finish it if i am really bored.

Quote :
Lol, it wasnt that bad
Its only funny when its really bad, if she had actually said "stra" it wouldve been funny, but she tried
Hahahah, yeah it wasen't that bad. Though i honestly thought, when they started singing in english, that they sounded much older. Like grown adults, which made it a bit weird for me.

The abridged thing was amazingly hilarious. The best part, that really had me laughing out loud was when that audience guy starts giving random back story and the chick on the side just says "cool story bro". That anime trope that always appears, where we get some random character no one cares about that has to explain everything and give the backstory to all the rivals.

*Stunned look*
"That's Shikumitsu the long lost student who ten years ago played the greatest piano recital then vanished. He is a master a the Shonkotsu style of playing.
He also loves cats, is 14 years old, eats noodles three times a week and has a pet cucumber named francis."

Quote :
Its just certain types of anime have certain specific types of tropes/cliches and i dont enjoy the ones that are generally in sports anime, its mainly the tournament trope, i dont like tournaments because you know the main character will win the important one and sports anime almost always involve tournaments as the main focus (i didnt know your lie in april would be mostly tournaments, but i made an exception for it since it was more focused on the characters inability to preform and trying to get past that than it was about winning the tourney)
Heh, i can't say you are wrong about the Tournament cliche, but i find it still damned entertaining, but at least now i can see why you don't like it.

P.S Sorry for the late response, I was in the mountains for like the 2 last weeks and i barely had time or internet up there.

P.P.S Happy Bday you old bag Smile
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 10:50 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Ionno, that random ending you came up with would have been pretty weird. Like Thor just shows up and the main plot comes to a screeching halt, then he teases the next movie, roll credits.
I think it could be done in a way that wouldn't be that weird or disruptive, even if it was weird/disruptive it would be overlooked since having Thor in the fight would be pretty cool

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Also even though he keeps getting teased, Thanos does not seem like a really cool or interesting villain to me. I haven't read any comics though, but I didnt read through some quick lore on him and it seemed really really stupid. So for me personally teasing Thanos in Civil War would have been a disappointment.
I wasn't thinking it would be that specific, being that specific about it would derail the main plot
But yeah, even without specifics thats what people would think of, although it just delays the disappointment for you, if you don't like Thanos you will be disappointed no matter what at some point since thats happening eventually

And think of all the Thor fans that were disappointed because Thor wasn't here, they must outnumber the Thanos haters so putting Thor in and tying it all together like this would disappoint less people, Im not even a Thor fan so I think it would be more appealing to many people

As for my thoughts on Thanos, I also don't know much about the character, but Im not going to judge it yet, a lot of comic book lore looks pretty dumb when you read it out from a wiki article

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
It was a joke, I thought it was clearly a joke lol.
I thought it was until I read the "thats what id do" part, i read that as though you meant it seriously and couldnt believe it, reading it again now though i can see that part was there to emphasize the joke

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I think it finished airing now, maybe i will finish it if i am really bored.
It has finished airing, still havent watched it though

I ended up watching Orange instead, which starts off good, gets annoying in the middle, and becomes infuriating by the end
The main character is stupid as hell, even by highschool girl standards, she means well but is border line retarded, unbearably dumb at times
That plus the explanation of how the letter was sent, and the actions of one of the characters in the last episode which only makes everything worse but is brushed off as a joke later
Spoiler:

I did like one thing though
Spoiler:

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Hahahah, yeah it wasen't that bad. Though i honestly thought, when they started singing in english, that they sounded much older. Like grown adults, which made it a bit weird for me.
Ikr, its like that for me with english dubs too sometimes, but reversed, where an american adult girl puts on a cute highschool girl voice that you can clearly hear is just a voice she is putting on, even if its a good imitation of the original japanese voice it just sounds weird to me, I wonder if japenese natives think the same thing about the japanese dub since its the same thing there, adult girls doing a teen sounding voice, i dont have this problem with male voices though, japenese males doing teen voices singing doesnt sound that much more (if at all) adult and american adult guys doing teen voices sound normal to me (they dont even change their voice most of the time)

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
The abridged thing was amazingly hilarious. The best part, that really had me laughing out loud was when that audience guy starts giving random back story and the chick on the side just says "cool story bro". That anime trope that always appears, where we get some random character no one cares about that has to explain everything and give the backstory to all the rivals.

*Stunned look*
"That's Shikumitsu the long lost student who ten years ago played the greatest piano recital then vanished. He is a master a the Shonkotsu style of playing.
He also loves cats, is 14 years old, eats noodles three times a week and has a pet cucumber named francis."
Lol, yeah that was great, but for me it was during the rap, the line "Cause this beat hits harder than my momma... slaps" as the rap stops and the guy asks "is this part of the performance" as he begs for mercy, and the audience reaction at the end, that slow clap rofl

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
P.S Sorry for the late response, I was in the mountains for like the 2 last weeks and i barely had time or internet up there.
No problem, its not like my responses are timely either
Is 2 weeks in the mountains as intense as it sounds, not counting ski lodges/weekend long ski trips, the closest Ive gotten to living in the mountains is a game called Firewatch lol

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
P.P.S Happy Bday you old bag Smile
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:48 pm

Quote :
Ikr, its like that for me with english dubs too sometimes, but reversed, where an american adult girl puts on a cute highschool girl voice that you can clearly hear is just a voice she is putting on, even if its a good imitation of the original japanese voice it just sounds weird to me, I wonder if japenese natives think the same thing about the japanese dub since its the same thing there, adult girls doing a teen sounding voice, i dont have this problem with male voices though, japenese males doing teen voices singing doesnt sound that much more (if at all) adult and american adult guys doing teen voices sound normal to me (they dont even change their voice most of the time)
Hahaha, i know what you mean. I think grown women trying to imitate a *cute* voice is what makes some dubs so painful to listen to.
I also think the male voice actors don't seem to change their voice. In english anyway, like Kyon from Haruhi, he totally sounds like a grown man, which fits pretty well with his attitude.

Quote :
Lol, yeah that was great, but for me it was during the rap, the line "Cause this beat hits harder than my momma... slaps" as the rap stops and the guy asks "is this part of the performance" as he begs for mercy, and the audience reaction at the end, that slow clap rofl
Ah yes that part was hilarious

I recently rewatched Stein's Gate because i was pretty bored and didn't really wanna start a new series. It was as awesome as i remember. I wonder when Stein's Gate 0 will come out. Really hoping it can be as good as the original.

That movie we were interested in Kimi no Na wa was leaked online. The quality isn't bad but i think i will wait till its really hq.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 6:09 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
I recently rewatched Stein's Gate because i was pretty bored and didn't really wanna start a new series. It was as awesome as i remember. I wonder when Stein's Gate 0 will come out. Really hoping it can be as good as the original.
The VN has been out in japan for a long time now, there is no english translation yet though, not even an unofficial fan made one

The anime will take more than a year, probably 2 before its out and the english VN is at least a year away too so we will be waiting a long time

I dont think ill play the VN once there is an english translation though, ill just wait for the anime, i started to play the original VN since it was released on steam 2 months ago and i actually didnt like it, theres not enough choice in the game, its just a story that you click through and id rather experience that story in the form of an anime or movie where the presentation is nicer and more streamlined

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
That movie we were interested in Kimi no Na wa was leaked online. The quality isn't bad but i think i will wait till its really hq.
Thats what im doing too, I was hoping a better version would come out since that one came out but it doesnt look like it will
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 6:24 am

Quote :
The VN has been out in japan for a long time now, there is no english translation yet though, not even an unofficial fan made one

The anime will take more than a year, probably 2 before its out and the english VN is at least a year away too so we will be waiting a long time

I dont think ill play the VN once there is an english translation though, ill just wait for the anime, i started to play the original VN since it was released on steam 2 months ago and i actually didnt like it, theres not enough choice in the game, its just a story that you click through and id rather experience that story in the form of an anime or movie where the presentation is nicer and more streamlined

Damn i didn't know it was so far away. They sure are taking their time, which might be a good thing. Meanwhile, i feel as tough there has been a drought in above average animes.

I tried watching ping pong the animation. I got 5 episodes in.
I thought i'd get use to the weird art style, but it is really hard to get use to. The animation is also not that great, disappointing considering the word is in the god darn title.

Quote :
Thats what im doing too, I was hoping a better version would come out since that one came out but it doesnt look like it will
Slayer and olo watched it in the low quality, and they said it was really good. Now i am even more excited! Hope we get the good quality soon!
Back to top Go down
13Phoenix
Corporal
Corporal

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 12:48 am

So curious if anyone still checks this after so long...? But I figured I would try since wc3 remastered was announced. Dang it has been awhile. Cheers
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 8:15 pm

I never think to check it anymore. But when I saw WC3 was being remastered, this is the first thing I thought of. I can't wait to play slide ninja slide with better graphics!

In all seriousness, I hoped for the longest time that they would make a WC4, but WOW was a huge moneygrabber. Who knows, maybe if this is successful they would consider doing a WC4. Will I play this when it comes out? Maybe. It would be fun to play the campaign again. I always liked the warcraft lore and Arthas' story.
Back to top Go down
seankly
Recruit
Recruit

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 1:55 pm

yoooo warcraft getting remade! any of u guys wanna hop on bnet?
Back to top Go down
The_Chosen_Oreo
Corporal
Corporal
The_Chosen_Oreo

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 9:29 pm

If anyone wants to play when remastered comes out, I'd be down.

Also, watched Erased recently and that was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 11:31 pm

im down bois, bacon is our new wc3 overlord
we're all mostly in one discord now. for anyone who isn't there, just ask for an invite
Back to top Go down
13Phoenix
Corporal
Corporal

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2019 7:29 pm

link for discord?
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 12:19 am

pmd you phoenix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey whats up   Hey whats up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey whats up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: