Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
5 years of TMMM I_vote_lcap26%5 years of TMMM I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
5 years of TMMM I_vote_lcap35%5 years of TMMM I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
5 years of TMMM I_vote_lcap19%5 years of TMMM I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
5 years of TMMM I_vote_lcap0%5 years of TMMM I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
5 years of TMMM I_vote_lcap0%5 years of TMMM I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
5 years of TMMM I_vote_lcap10%5 years of TMMM I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
5 years of TMMM I_vote_lcap10%5 years of TMMM I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

5 years of TMMM

Go down 
+5
BackseatDriver
Achilles.42
Eat_bacon_daily
hlw_rocer
Pat1487
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat1487
Pat1487

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:18 pm

This month clan TMMM turned 5 years old
5 years ago ach, mark and others got together in a channel on wc3 and created the clan
That was the beginning of a chain reaction that lead to what we know today
Its been a lot of fun

I thought for the 5 year anniversary we should do 2 things

1. Have a game day before the end of this month where everyone gets on wc3 and we play old mazes
Post when you can play below, hopefully we can do it this weekend

2. Share our stories here of how we found the clan, why we joined and why we stayed (or in ach / marks case how the clan was formed and why they made it)

My story begins before the clan was created, I was primarily playing line tower wars, Slide Ninja Slide and maze of sliding bunnies, i only played slide mazes, i didnt know land mazes even existed at that point

5 years of TMMM BlAOAGA
My wc3 maps folder circa 2008, before and after joining TMMM

At the time delay reducer wasnt really a thing yet, there was listchecker but it only reduced delay to 100ms so i didnt really like playing slide mazes because there was too much delay to really do anything, when i did play i would always host because joining someone elses game sucked
But there was something called DOTA Client which when i saw i ignored at first, since ive always disliked dota, but i realized that the delay change feature that it had would work on any game and that it was perfect for slide mazes where having quick response time made it more fun
The lowest you could set it there was 55ms (which the client called extreme and risky, looking back on it is funny because we use 15ms-25ms now)

Inevitably i ended up playing with ach and mark and others in maze of sliding bunnies
Ach invited me to the clan in 1 of those games, probably because of my quality hosting and not my mazing ability
Normally i dont join clans, the only reason i joined was because i wanted to see what features the clan system in wc3 had

My joining had nothing to do with the people in the clan i really did just want to see the clan features, i fully intended to leave or not even pay attention to the clan after i knew what features clans had
Its not that i didnt want to play with the people in the clan or that i disliked anyone, its just that i thought being in the clan long term would be pointless since i would end up playing with them no matter what because i was always hosting slide mazes
But hanging out in the channel was more fun then i thought and the people there began to grow on me so i stayed

I didnt think it would last that long, a few months at most, i figured by the summer of 2008 either clan tmmm would be gone and everyone i talked to there would disappear and i would never see them again, or i would get bored of wc3 and stop playing, never to see any of them again
But the clan stayed around into 2009 and so did i

By that point i became so accustomed to logging into wc3 and seeing the people there, mark, ach, pop, 13, blood, torch, donut, luna, green, iord, knight, gig, monkeys, rock, olo, kev, jpw, slayer, cc, jok3r, jeff, lexy, backseat, fallen, nomor (people that im forgetting) and even amaz and cadu, that the idea of never talking to anyone in the clan again became something i wanted to avoid
I knew that people would stop playing or that the clan would have to end at some point, it had already been going on for a year, longer then i would have ever expected
So i eventually made this site to try to keep everyone together for when the clan on wc3 eventually collapsed
Of course, i was too early with that since the clan kept going for a couple more years after that

We lost most of those people from back then, so the whole making the site thing to keep people together didnt really go as planned, but we gained new people as the years went on, seren, bacon, cd, relax, band, bluefire, maze, hoff, zetta, hlw, sube and others that im forgetting
Then we lost some of them

We lost so many that i thought about shutting the site down last year but everyone spoke out and said no so we are still here
If i had shut the site down then i wouldve never talked about anime with bacon or movies with ach and mark, or see that mark actually got a new computer, so ill stay here until people stop posting
Back to top Go down
hlw_rocer
Corporal
Corporal

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:58 pm

i hung around in the channel a lot cause I knew kevin in real life and we just played tltw all day
then i joined the clan when the clan started to die and became friends with you guys

my story is so interesting
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:27 pm

damn 5 years ago lol, that means i was 13 when you guys made.

My story is much better than pat + hanny's x100000
I remember only details, but here it goes
1. Use to play ladder games alot
2. (Data not found)
3. Started playing arranged team with some random dude named Dark
4. Somehow ended in the clan channel a lot coz of that, maybe?
5. Really hated kallock at the time for some reason
6. I guess i got into mazing?
7. (Data file corrupted)
8. And then i was in the clan?
9. dreamt about being chase by a lawnmower
10. neighbor died
11. Had awesome times in the clan with you guys, for a while
12. I knew yasha wasen't a girl. AND YOU ALL CALLED ME CRAZY, WHOS CRAZY NOW!?!
13. Vent was awesome with you guys, and getting vent harrassed was even better! (why didnt we switch to skype sooner?)
14. Finally got shaman after challenging every person in the clan and losing.
15. Lost shaman when clan was remade

But seriously, thanks for the good times guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:07 pm

I’m competing tomorrow (Saturday) and will need all Sunday to catch up on my skewl work. So, Tuesday might work, for me, but I'd want to do something mark could do if possible, so, also next fri/sat/or sun.
---------
zo my god, I really enjoyed reading that pat, brought so many memories I don’t usually think about.

I created the clan by selecting teh 10 bestest mazers i knew, which, as we all know, began the golden age of mazing.
Actually... after I had been mazing for about (10 months? +/- a year (yes, possibly negative two months) I had developed the semblance of a "mazing network" mark, abysally, EagleZ, and... and... hopefully mark will know more...
What i had realized in creating this "network" is that was a good number of clans out there, but to me they all seemed to suck since there was no way of quantifying mazing ability (like with ladder) it seemed like there was no real point of being in a clan, and that I should therefore-- WAIT WAIT. i got so far ahead of myself.

After I had been on Battle.Net for maybe 3 months I had maybe 3 people in my friends list, I played Mazes, Hero wars (great game), Risk (oh my god, did you guys even know about RoC Risk of Europe? shit was epic), Hero Siege (old versions were fucking awesome if you ask me), sheep tag, and Angel Arena.
Then one day one of those 3 people (I believe it was fake nomorhollywar, but I could be wrong) told me to come to a channel cuz they were making a clan, i'd never been in a clan, but the real reason i went, was i had never joined a channel before (not clan, i didn't know channels existed). Further, i didn't know you could message people until then
As you can imagine I was quite supprised to have green shit across my screen coming from someone NOT in my game, so after figuring out how to join the "channel" as he called it, i went ahead and clicked that weird button that popped up on the right of my screen (mainly cuz it made a cool noise)
Also, i probably wanted to figure everything out about these clans, friends, and messages.
I had pats reasons for curiosity, squared, maybe even cubed.

Anyway, after months and months I developed a much better network of people, i even became a shaman, and then eventually CHIEF of the clan. (i also dont remember the name of this clan, mark, i met you at some point, either before or after this. what was that first clan's name?)

My name back then was 0987654321, the reason i made that my name, was i couldn't understand why it kept rejecting the strings i put into the account-name-box with the message "your using invalid characters"
I was only using letters, so maybe i had to come up with a unique number and would get to create a user name later.
I figured "0987654321" would be taken, but i might at least get a different error message that would confirm my theory...
Turned out you couldn't put spaces in your name, and that’s why it was rejecting it, so for the longest while I was 0987654321. (Marks the only one left that knew me as that)

Anyway, I cant remember what my reasons for leaving that clan were, but i started playing sheep tag revolution with this guy named "..." wow, i feel so bad for forgetting his name, we'll call him Leggy, cuz i think his name had "leg" in it, or possibly just an "L"
Anyway, Playing sheep tag with Leggy was fucking awesome. Games would last for hours cuz we were so much better then the pubby wolves that we would play against, it makes me really sad that none of you guys ever got into sheep tag, i wish i could play it the way we used to.
Eventually i joined his clan, and this is where i was introduced to the system of "challenging."
Sheep tag was really well suited for it (you guys obviously were never on our sheep tagging level, so it would take awhile to explain why).
One day I even managed to become a shaman, it took a lot of hard training, but I made it.
However, this also began the thought-process that eventually lead to me leaving the clan, and thereby returning to mazing.
The other shamies, and even grunts, that played sheep tag were a really shitty community for some reason.
Me and leggy were basically bff's, we played sheep tag and hhf up past 4am with his Listchecker, generally just us and 1 or 2 other people + a bunch of pubs (pubs were good back in those days). (im rounding down btw, we repeteadly broke past the 4am barrier) (we were even in the same time zone, god that was so much fun)
(Also, that was back when Listchecker had it had a 3 letter abbreviation, but I cant remember it.
However, I got sick of the most of the other people in the clan, they seemed to mostly play during the day, and seemed to care too much about how good they were, even for me (and im really competitive)
(they played a lot with other clans in a combative way, maybe that had an effect)
It probably also had something to do with the fact that of the shammies, i was the only one that hadn't been part of their circle before becoming a shammy; so, before that they were used to only one of their friends dethroning them.
Finally i left, which signaled my return to mazing, i still played with legs a lot (OH MY FUCKING GOD, LEGS, THAT WAS HIS NAME, NOT LEGGY! It was "LongLeg" and we called him legs!!!!).
In fact, i think i kept playing with legs for at least 2 years, but he never got involved with my mazing world, he couldn't see the virtue of them.

Anyway, after getting back in my mazing grove i started playing with mark more.
Eventually i took what i had learned of challenge systems in sheep tag and applied it to mazing, i created a rough rules system. And that brings us back to the beginning of the story.
I knew i needed at least two people that could host. So i needed one with mark.
I joined the first maze i saw (maze of sliding bunnies) and asked Out.Of.Order if he wanted to help me make a clan, to my surprise he said "fuck yeah" which cut short what i thought was gonna be a grueling hour or two before i could find someone.

With him and mark, we started messaging every mazer we knew to come to our channel, and in just 20 minutes of work we had about 6 people.
And i was like "whats that? you need 10? fuck you. not if i say we dont."
Turns out blizzard doesn't accept that as a valid reason to bypass their "10 minimum"
so the next hour or so we spent recruiting people, which got us around 4 new people, so now we had 10.
We got back to channel, and,
Jk, we lost 1 or 2 along the way, we were still short.
But around then my friend EagleZ logged on (he had tried to get me to join his clan awhile ago, but i knew i was too cool to join someone elses mazing clan)
I told him how i had a vision that needed to be realized, and he was like "i gotchu bro"
So he told everyone in his friends list "make an AKA and join Ach's channel, or im gonna boot you from clan" and before i knew it, there were 6 fresh accounts sitting pretty ready to be invited.
I knew i needed to act fast since they weren't gonna want to wait there very long, so i...
Wait, where'd everyone else go?
Turns out mark had decided to pick this moment to create another game, and most of my people had joined it.
So naturally i started screaming at Mark threatening his future children with death if he didn't get his ass back in the channel.
At this point my parents called me down to dinner. I was panicking. I knew opportunities like these only came once in a lifetime.
Luckily mark saw reason and came back to channel.
I hit "create clan" and typed in the words "The MazEing Myrmidon Masters" There wasn't room for the "the" though, but i wasnt about to compromise on my name, so i kept it as best i could.
I even made it down before my family had decided to eat all my food, and all was golden.

A long time ago, i think right after i left that first mazing clan i had decided to change my name to Achilles, cuz i had just read the book "the Iliad" and seen the movie adaptation "troy" and in both i really connected with Achilles attitudes towards people and authority, hence why i made it my internet persona. I think in a funny sense it began my feeling that i should try to be the best at everything, which at first just meant games, but i think it started bleeding into my real life too.
Maybe i would have developed like that anyway, but its cool to remember decisions we made as children and wonder how deeply they effected us. I also only just now thought of this, which makes it doubly cool.
Anyway, I wanted to make the clan into the best group of mazers on wc3, hence why the name featured the Myrmidons, cuz they were Achilles warriors.
In hindsight i should have made it a name that would have kept meaning regardless of what games we played, but i was 13 years old, so w/e.
Additionally, both mazing and mazeing are NOT FUCKING WORDS, so i can spell it however i want, i'll admit i've started useing “mazing”, but "mazeing" to me, makes more phonetic sense, just like how we spell "canoeing" "canoeing" and not fucking "canoing"
Same thing. it made sense. and still does. Deal with it.

I think to an extent, the challenge system was very successful
It created a sense of community that was absent to a lot of clans.
What i noticed in my first clan was that everyone wanted to be a shammy, and basically whoever was the best friend or subjectively the best mazer to the chief was given it. And when people asked if they could be shammy, the only thing you could say is "once X leaves, you'll get it" which then become "X leaves, Y gets it, then Z gets it, Then B gets it, then you" so everyone knew what the hierarchy was within the clan, and they knew how arbitrary it was.
So as everyone in the lower levels felt really left out, which didn't make them want to play with the "cool kids" or even be in the clan.
But with the knew system, everyone had a shot, and it was objective to an extent
And since people i didn't even like would get shammy, it meant that the people that were most closely tied to me socially (who i would play with) weren't necessarily the shammies, which meant that multiple social groups were able to develop, and in essence, it created a much more complex social organism.
Eventually we even maxed out the "100 member limit"

Not even a week after creating the clan, i met pat, within his heart and soul i saw great potential, not only as a mazer, but also as--
Yeah, i liked your host, and acted as nicely as i could so you wouldn't see through me too quickly, i think i said something like "hey man, your pretty good, wanna join our clan?"
Once he was in though, i hoenstly didn't notice much about him, he was cool cuz he helped me recruit people some times by hosting, but recruiting people never worked out very well...
Eventually he left for like 10000 months, but when he came back he was still in my friends list, and it was after that that he finally managed to turn the Mark-Ach duo into the Mark-Ach-Pat Trio.

Iord. had a big part in this story, at some point he made a forum for us
God... i cant believe i was ever that stupid. I didn't even read anything on there today--
But i did last year and i was shocked then--i dont want to know what i'll think now.

A year or two after pat made this awesome forum, there was some drama surrounding RoC mazing clans vs TFT mazing clans (Basically RoC vs TMMM, (well actually it was a few people on RoC that some how created the illusion of there being thousands of them, but in reality there was just one clan that kept changing names)) anyway, i made a journal entry about that, pretty sure it was the only "entry" i ever made

At some point Seren came on the scene, apparently i hated him at first. Some times first impressions are absolutely true.
Only motherfucker who's sarcasm is too advanced for me some times...

Our story doesn't really have an ending, so i'm having trouble thinking of a conclusion paragraph, but it's been really awesome watching each other develop as people. I think this forum provides a very unique way of looking back on how each of us used to think and "talk" (If you havn't tried finding old topics/posts through your profile, you should). Pat, if this forum ever gets to the point where you dont think its worth keeping it going, i really hope you provide someway for each of us to download the thread structure (even if its just a text file) so we have some way to keep it, cuz i know i want to be able to come back and read this stuff.

I hope everyone writes one of these, cuz I want to read all of you guyzes stuff.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:40 pm

Quote :
I joined the first maze i saw (maze of sliding bunnies) and asked Out.Of.Order if he wanted to help me make a clan, to my surprise he said "fuck yeah" which cut short what i thought was gonna be a grueling hour or two before i could find someone.
Im pretty sure i was hosting that game, i was hosting maze of sliding bunnies pretty much non-stop during that time, i remember playing with some of the people that i later saw in TMMM
Also
OMG how did i forget about Out, wtf is wrong with me, i remembered jeff but not out for some reason, out was awesome

Quote :
(OH MY FUCKING GOD, LEGS, THAT WAS HIS NAME, NOT LEGGY! It was "LongLeg" and we called him legs!!!!).
This is how i felt when i remembered the name of maze of sliding bunnies, i originally wrote "maze of skating mice" before i remembered and changed it because i remembered the little animal and the layout of the maze but that was it

And by "remembered" i mean i looked in my wc3 map folder, organized it by date, scrolled to January/feb of 2008 and looked at the names there until 1 was familiar enough to remind me what the name was (thats also when i took that screen shot, i figured other people would remember some of those maps to, its not like ive been saving a screenshot of my maps folder for 5 years)

Quote :
Additionally, both mazing and mazeing are NOT FUCKING WORDS, so i can spell it however i want, i'll admit i've started useing “mazing”, but "mazeing" to me, makes more phonetic sense, just like how we spell "canoeing" "canoeing" and not fucking "canoing"
Canoeing works because its 2 vowels at the end of canoe, where as z is a consonant so you drop the e and add ing
Like how its analyzing instead of analyzeing, or capsizing or conceptualizing
Although that rule doesnt always hold up with z like how the z in advertize becomes an s in advertising rather then advertizing (although my spell check doesnt say advertizing is incorrect) but changing the z to an s in mazing would just be weird "masing"

I dont think any real words that end in ze become zeing when used as a verb which is why people have always made fun of you for it
But yeah, the z is what made you think differently because z isnt used too often

Quote :
I think to an extent, the challenge system was very successful
It created a sense of community that was absent to a lot of clans.
What i noticed in my first clan was that everyone wanted to be a shammy, and basically whoever was the best friend or subjectively the best mazer to the chief was given it. And when people asked if they could be shammy, the only thing you could say is "once X leaves, you'll get it" which then become "X leaves, Y gets it, then Z gets it, Then B gets it, then you" so everyone knew what the hierarchy was within the clan, and they knew how arbitrary it was.
So as everyone in the lower levels felt really left out, which didn't make them want to play with the "cool kids" or even be in the clan.
But with the knew system, everyone had a shot, and it was objective to an extent
And since people i didn't even like would get shammy, it meant that the people that were most closely tied to me socially (who i would play with) weren't necessarily the shammies, which meant that multiple social groups were able to develop, and in essence, it created a much more complex social organism.
This is 1 of the reasons i didnt leave the clan right after joining, the fact that it wasnt just your friends that would get shammy it would be people that actually beat the current shammy holders
I dont know if you remember this but very soon after i joined i actually asked you about challenges, you said if you beat a shammy in a maze you get to take his place as shammy

Quote :
Not even a week after creating the clan, i met pat, within his heart and soul i saw great potential, not only as a mazer, but also as--
Yeah, i liked your host, and acted as nicely as i could so you wouldn't see through me too quickly, i think i said something like "hey man, your pretty good, wanna join our clan?"
We met before that, i remember seeing you in maze of sliding bunnies a couple times back when i first started playing it, which was before you made tmmm
We probably didnt talk though

Also i saw through you right away lol
Everyone that joined my games back then was always saying something positive about my hosting, (this was a time when most people didnt use any delay reducer and those that did used listchecker which wasnt bad but it wasnt as good as the 55ms you got from dota client which almost no one was using for anything other than dota, so my host at 55ms was pretty much the best anyone had ever seen) i even got other clan invites before you when i was playing line tower wars and wmw, even a couple during slide ninja slide and maze of sliding bunnies (they werent mazing clans though)
I knew all of them wanted my hosting power, some came right out and said it
I didnt join them because i figured i would just make my own clan when i wanted to see the clan features (i didnt know it took 10 people at the time), after i knew it took 10 people, i was too lazy to get 9 other people, and you were the first person to invite me to a clan so it was all luck based on my ignorance of clan creation, otherwise i wouldve ended up joining 1 of those other clans

Quote :
Eventually he left for like 10000 months, but when he came back he was still in my friends list, and it was after that that he finally managed to turn the Mark-Ach duo into the Mark-Ach-Pat Trio.
It was 1 month, maybe a month and a half at most, when i came back on after that long i was really surprised to see so many from the clan still playing, which was a big reason why i ended up staying around

Quote :
Iord. had a big part in this story, at some point he made a forum for us
God... i cant believe i was ever that stupid. I didn't even read anything on there today--
But i did last year and i was shocked then--i dont want to know what i'll think now.

Yeah iord also provided a key for 1 of the bots (the host bot i think)
Also you can go to the old site from here as well https://tmmm.forumotion.com/Old-Site-h3.htm which will let you keep the chat box on the side
That site is why this site is hosted where it is, they are both hosted by forummotion, i made this site because that site had stopped being used and by that point iord was pretty much gone so doing anything with that site didnt really work

I look back on some of the things i said then and just slam my face into my desk at just how dumb my past self can be
Though i still stand by the sexiest girl poll, which lexy apparently won

Quote :
Pat, if this forum ever gets to the point where you dont think its worth keeping it going, i really hope you provide someway for each of us to download the thread structure (even if its just a text file) so we have some way to keep it, cuz i know i want to be able to come back and read this stuff.
In theory the site will keep going without me, or anyone, like how the old site is still around
When i wanted to shut it down last year i wanted to actually close the site rather then leaving it like the darkbb site
The reason i wanted to do that instead of just leaving it is because i like having a definite ending to something, even when its something i like
When i was younger I had a childhood friend who moved away and i didnt get to say goodbye to her, so ever since then ive always wanted to ensure that everything i get involved with has some sort of closure and last year seemed like the end when we went week after week with only 1-3 posts each week
Ive decided that i will just leave it up though since the closure thing is selfish of me
Back to top Go down
BackseatDriver
Captain
Captain
BackseatDriver

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:09 pm

I'm going to keep this short like Bacon because I dont really remember much (its been a while since i really though about the clan).

1. Started WC3 by playing ladder games with my childhood friends under the name DarkDemon48
2. Became bored with ladder and started playing custom games
3. Ran across mazing at some point and fell in love with it
4. I joined a mazing clan (cant remember the name, but i think it was actually a TFT clan)
5. I sucked ass at mazing (still do compared to a lot of people in mazing clans)
6. Quit WC3 for a while
7. Stole my friend's cd key for TFT to play again (i actually have his key registered to my battle.net account)
8. Started playing mazes again and just happened to run across a game hosted by Pat's bot
9. At the time, you actually had to tryout for the clan. So i played a game with the clan to show you what i got (i still suck ass at this point)
10. Someone asks mark to join the clan after a game, and I end up asking mark the same question
11. Mark invites me to the clan despite how god awful I am
12. I join the forums, making a few posts here and there. (i look back at them now and see how awkward of a kid i was)
13. This is where it just blurs into meeting a bunch of people and just playing a shitload of games. I get better at mazing but still suck comparatively to other mazers. Some memories in this time period: Drama with the Dark situation, Cadu..., I make my own maze (http://www.epicwar.com/maps/104129/), Kallock pissing me off.
14. Eventually I leave clan TMMM to join clan PAYX, where I have been offered shaman in PAY2 and host bot access. The clan was honestly a sad attempt at creating a new clan TMMM for ROC. They even started a forum which barely got its feet of the ground. The clan disbands in about a week, and I decided to join another ROC clan. This clan dies pretty quickly too. Most of the time while I left the clan, I was still checking into the TMMM channel and forum.
15. I rejoin TMMM.
16. TMMM turns into more of a custom games clan
17. Some of us get into the Beta for SC2. I never actually buy the game because I never liked the ladder games.
18. I start playing Minecraft on the clan server set up by CD. I would still play but the griefing on the sever has become too much.
19. With no common game for us to play, the clan slowly dies and i stop checking the forum.
20. I'm here today writing this and installing WC3 atm.

Thats a short outline. I could probably come up with more details but im lazy.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:34 pm

I remember I got war3 about a year after it came out when I was 8 or 9. I never actually bought the game until 3-4 years late. See me and my brother would go over to our neighbor Joeys house and for some reason his parents spoiled the fuck out of him. He had so much stuff to do at his house even though he wasn't all that rich. He was one of those families that bought a small house but had a bunch of crap. Anyhow one day he comes over to our house and brings his warcraft III cd and we install it on our computer and start playing. Btw Joey is probably 7 or 8 and my brothers 6 or 7 at the time. So we sit there while he plays what my bro and me think is the coolest fucking game we've ever seen.

But because we're all so young and we had no idea what we were doing, we would always go to single player and play custom games. We played the computer on the default maps, played them on easy/normal/hard and got really good. I started looking up cheats like greedisgood warpten you know the typical stuff lol. But it was still super fun even though it really wouldn't be all that fun compared to my experience now lol. Anyhow I would mass orc towers and just spam them across half the map in the most repetitive shit ever it was so much fun.

Anyhow because of that day Joey forgets his cd and we get to play warcraft for the next 3-4 years. Maybe he didn't forget it and we just said we lost it, i'm not sure but he sure as hell didn't play it lol.

But yeah one day I discover battle.net a few months in and HOLY SHIT MOTHER OF GOD. The mother load of awesomeness. I basically play every custom game possible. Sheep tag, 7 Line Wars... can't remember all that much, but I had so much fun. Eventually I would go thought a ton of clans as I learned how to play and get better.

I remember my first mazing clan was Clan xGMx and I only remember Lemak_22 and Lifeisbutadream were in it. Lemak created the clan and I probably met him though playing a maze and was asked to join, but I couldn't remmeber. Anyhow I remember though that clan I met tons of mazers. Hell I have lists of old mazing buddies. ProSpitCrew, Spartan57, No_Skillz, Famous, Einstein those were the big ones. I remember I also remember joining a clan by LimitR that was really famous. Hell I was the chief of that clan. Oh Clan AMM, I had joined near the end of LimitR's mazing career, and I had been shaman for like 2 weeks when all of the sudden he decided to quit and gave me chief. For some reason no one believes me on this one when I later told them about it.

Anyhow I remember having fun mazing, but I also played all of the other games because I found it all really enjoyable. I could get into the mindset to enjoy every game. I thought of all of them as puzzles that had to be solved, and in order to solve the puzzle I had to be the best at the game. So I always worked as hard as I could to get better at sheeptag/mazing/linetower wars. But I was also cocky as fuck, probably because it was the internet and I didn't give a shit. It was uncensored and no adults were on the internet (in my mind lol).

But anyhow that's about when I join tmmm, probably a year, year and a half or two into the clans existence.

Pretty dedicated to TMMM from then on, even though I'd constantly leave the clan in search of something better lol. But I never found a community of mazers/people quite like tmmm. Somewhere I thought that the search for something better than tmmm was out there, but I think if it was I would of found it because I searched every corner of battle.net. Anyhow thats mostly my story, with a ton of fucking details missing. I'll come back and edit this later because it is really rough tho.
Back to top Go down
marksoccer
Commander
Commander
marksoccer

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Ok, so where to begin.
I'm going to start with a 2 part disclaimer.
1. This will be a recollection of what a remember. I will forget, I did forget, I've have this game since I was in grade 7. Has it been seven years already? Regarding the people I forget, I apologize in advance. (even though none of them will read this, so who am I apologizing to? It must because I'm Canadian.)
2. Ths is going to have typoes. This can't be halped. Is who I am. You al know thayt. Typoeing has nevr been my fortie.

So as I previously stated, I got this game when I was in grade 7. A few friends got it and were talking about it. It seemed cool so I followed suit. I got it for Christmas, and jumped right into the campaign. I loved it. This was my first encounter with an RTS and it was great. After Christmas break I met my friends at school and they told me they were playing battle net. I had no idea what that was, so I followed suit. So I did the updates, saw the black screen, panicked a bit then realized that the screen was supposed to do that. So I saw the log in page, and tried to create an account. I think I was recently playing soccer before I made the account name. (wait now that I think about it, it was January no way was I playing soccer outside.... I could have been playing indoor? O well that's besides the point) I liked soccer. Ergo, my account name. Mark (my name) soccer [(something I like) again now that I think about it my name could easily have markvideogames, markmovies, markanime, markbooks, markgirls, markcars, marktools, markanythingelsethatcanmakesmeseemmanlyandnotageek (that one probably wouldn't fit){I really go off on tangents a lot, I should probably try to keep a single trail of thought}]

Where was I? O yea I just made my account name. So I see so many options, since I don't think of moving my mouse over anything to read, (this seems to be something I do till now, hence me not knowing that the pots refill in Path of Exile) I click the only one that has text. Play Game. So I played a few ladder games, tried warpten and whatnot, which surprisingly didn't work, so I lost. I lost once more, gave up and got back to the campaign. Next day I ask what's so fun about b.net and they explain custom games, and how to add friends and what not. So I get home and log in. I add my friends and we start playing. They were really into elemental td and green td at the time so I played that a lot. They slowly stopped playing and so did I. I once think about playing the game again and I did. I played footmen frenzy, footmen vs grunts, a bunch more td's and a plethora of random custom games.

Custom games were great. Spoofs existed, dr didn't. I was so fascinated when someone with a different colored name would show up and they usually had such original names like boobs or nigger. You had to manually refresh slots and everything. It was a magical time.

Those where good times, so many new and great games were being created and everything was so much fun. Then I saw Pyramid Escape. It sounded neat. I tried it and I loved it. It was so many games in one. I would then always play it when I could find it. Later I later found a game called Polar Escape 5. (You might have heard of it.) As I said, I loved pyramid escape, so I thought this game wouldn't be much different. Was I mistaken. I don't know what made me fall in love with it but I did. I would always play it, which in turn lead to me getting better at it. This is before any dr by the way so you would have to click about a second or two earlier then you would actually want to move. This made the skating levels incredibly difficult but that just made me want to beat it more. One game I'm with a guy named sube2 (didn't know him at the time.) He thought I was pretty good so he told me to head over to his clan. He was a shaman over there. I had no idea how to go to a clan so he had to tell me how. After I found my way he invited me and I was in my first clan. I totally forget what it's called. We played a couple more pe5's then I met fake nomor. I thought he was the real deal so I basically treated him like a god. I didn't know better. Don't judge me. He probably found this all very amusing.

Ach I don't remember when you got into the picture but you also joined this clan. Probably from a PE game. So at this time I mostly played pe5, a bunch a random td's and footmen frenzy and foots vs grunts. I don't know why I left the clan, probably because I didn't care much after I found out that nomor was fake. So me and ach joined clan TLoM. (I think that's what it's called) It was a sheep tag plus mazing clan or something. It was ok, meet a few people ach became shammy then chief. The only think I can really take out of clan TLoM, (THAT'S IT!!! The clan with sube and fake nomor was clan TaM) is meeting clan NJJ. We then disbanned TLoM and joing NJJ, this is where we meet the likes of olo, rocklee11416 (or a mix of some numbers), brock? (did we meet him there?) out.of.order., shizzznits, Shants? (did me meet him there also? aka gunmetalzues) and a bunch more that were huge parts of tmmm and still friends now. (Slaya I'm sorry but I don't remember when you came into the picture. As a matter of fact nor do I remember when fallen, relax, maze, aby, 13, [wait I think lexy and jeff were also part of NJJ] yasha, cadu, other soccer, egalz, wwe, and a ton more that I'm forgetting joined or we met up.

NJJ was a ladder/custom game clan. It had a bot! (this was new, very rare) and a bunch of cool and fun people in it. After spending quite some time in NJJ ach thought it would be a good idea to make his own clan. So we did. Thus tmmm was born. Most people have experienced this part of the story so I'll give a quick, not so detailed run down of it. It started with a bunch of aka's and i think 1 or 2 randoms. I was creating games called NEW MAZING CLAN, JOIN TMMM NOW!@!@! or something along those lines. It got I think one like that. After we made the clan we started growing. Our friends from NJJ later joined and a few randoms like pat. It kept growing, and expanding. The neat thing was how we would have the challenge thing but it was always a friend in shammy.

The Clan grew, grew so much that we hit the cap and considered having a tmmm2. We were also got pretty good at mazing
We got so good that the RoC ("pros") would come and try to get shammy so they could grunt kick. We had friendly rival clans like bcbw, maze's clan and it was a great time. We had highs and lows. Low's being the spam bots, highs being the huge WC mazing tournament that fallen and relax had the epic finals.

It was fun, a helleva lot of fun. I can't put 5 years into words and do it any justice so this is all I'm going to say.

We played mazes.

And we talked.

Damn. We talked a lot.
Back to top Go down
olonavy
Corporal
Corporal

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 5:19 pm

I started playing wc3 in 8th/9th grade, so 5-6 yrs ago (holy fk i feel old). I was told about this game by one of my RL friends, none fo you probably know him except maybe ach. I went over to his house, and we played a couple of TDs and i fucking loved this game so I bought it.

After a couple of weeks I learned about clans, channels, mazing, etc. and my friend had joined achs clan, which i dont remember wat it was called. He was 0987652431 back then or w/e. We used to play only maze of honor 5 and polar escape n crappy shit. Now that I look back that must have been pretty fucking boring.

Anyway, after a while the clan disbanded (or i left? i dont remember). I joined the clan my rl friend moved on to, GOTD (gods of tower defense, thats right be jealous). This was back in 2008. My rl friend didnt play much and the clan died, I moved on to NJJ, all the while playing every now n then with some people on tmmm or whatever the equivalent was. I spent like 1 year not joinin tmmm cus i was TOO COOL FOR U, but i was basically there more than any other channel.

I eventually (officially) joined n pretty much hung out with everyone (xcept ach that guys a fag). Played a bunch of games with mark, pop, tim, gun, rock, out of order, kog, jeff wats his name??, n a buncha other ppl i wish i could remember. god its been so long, im not even sure if thats who i played with at the time (im startin to mess up the order of how things went). So ya, we started gettin more ppl n w/e, monks, godant, hanny, kev, amazing? im not sure when he joined, n other ppl. Im forgetting pat somewhere in between i guess.

Theres not much more to it, we played a couple more months, people thought it was cool to maze on roc (LOL?), nomor n all those eurofags came (never rly liked them). Ppl started making clans every 2 days, and wc3 died. end of story kty.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 7:35 pm

I remember when Godant and me owned noobs in AT. God damn we were fucking good. Double undead/crypt fiends/Dk's so much fun.

OH HOLY SHIT I forgot to add that my name before amazin[g] - which I have no idea why I made that my name, was bagelboy2. And then I changed it to bagelboy3 because I forgot bagelboy2's password (I never gave anyone my email address because I was paranoid someone was going to find me on the internet and kill me somehow). Anyhow the reason I chose bagelboy was because there was a bagel sitting next to me when it asked me to create an account name so I pulled a brick from anchorman and went with it lol.
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 pm

So my story is kinda long and weird and not very at all related to anything until the very end

It all started with the worst maze ever created. Escape Hell's Dungeon
Find it here
This map is a cross between misery and heartbreak
First maze I ever played and I played it with the creator, makshak (who to this day randomly finds me in games--like one time he shot me a message on xbox live, another time it was sc2... it was creepy at first but now i just kinda expect it)
Anyways I played that about 5 million times till i was super pro and could solidly beat level 1 25% of the time. Then I started hosting my own games. i met slayer there. not totally sure if this is exactly how it went down but i think our first convo was him making fun of that maze, demanding i go download a different one and then us playing it
little known fact: for about 3 or 4 months me and slayer played constantllyyyyyyy together. the good ol days

slayer, what were the games we played into the ground? i know there was tricks n traps, PE and some others? dbz tribby of course too...

then from there slayer, who has always been a bit of a sketch, i met donut_muffin. donut loved me because, im pretty sure, she thought i was a girl. and i would make semi clever jokes that

goddamn i forgot about that. the number of people i had to clarify that im not a girl to. god damn guys. god damn.

anyways cuz donut loved me, everyone else started loving me too (i think its a law of thermodynamics or something) and i met maze (mistake that that was).

apparently i met pat too, but i dont remember anything about him. chances are he just watched me longingly from a distance. entranced, but also too shy and intimidated by my looks to make the approach.

right after i got shammy of BcBw (forever the best clan ever created) i was in a random game with a few assholes. my brother was watching and one of them had a unusual name that apparently his best friend (who moved away) always used. he told me to ask if his name was collin. well anyways thats how i met cdkid for pretty much the first time

at some point around here slayer disappeared for WoW and i was sad so i disappeared too for awhile

by the time i came back donut was long gone and maze was pretty much my only friend who still played.

pretty much first game after coming back: me, cd, maze and a few losers played a Make your own Maze game. me and maze were fun but the other two were just kinda sullen and quiet. eventually i got one to actually talk to me and he was kinda interesting so we added eachother. later that night i found out he was leader of tmmm and that was a weird experience.

i was actually planning to just play that afternoon then probably not again for months but instead i randomly met pat and then the rest of tmmm in that game and decided i actually might like you guys so i stayed. weird shit yo.

i never liked ach
not even for a second

Last edited by Serenity09 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:16 pm

marksoccer wrote:
Custom games were great. Spoofs existed, dr didn't. I was so fascinated when someone with a different colored name would show up and they usually had such original names like boobs or nigger. You had to manually refresh slots and everything. It was a magical time.
Name spoofers are still around, they are just much less used now
People are still amazed if you go into a game with the name Open or Closed
But the reason people used names like Boobs when using colors was because there is a limit to the number of characters a name can be and the color code counts toward that limit
The limit is 15 characters and if you wanted your name to be Boobs the full name to make it appear like that would be |cFFFFC0CBBoobs which hits the 15 character limit, so the longest a name with a color can be is 5 characters because the color takes up the other 10
When i was younger i used to go around with |cFFFF0000God as my name in games

marksoccer wrote:
We had highs and lows. Low's being the spam bots
The spambots werent that bad, at least not after i made that thing that banned them with a random message
Which i just looked around for and was able to find
Heres the code that the bot was using to ban and display messages when spambots joined

Code:
'// Fires when the bot executes.
Public spambotbanmsg(20)
Public mcn(3)

Sub script_Event_Load()
Call TimerInterval("script", "scTimer", 15)

spambotbanmsg(1)="These spambots are trying to anally rape me, my only defense is this banhammer, unfortunately it has a 10% chance to miss....  Fuck"
spambotbanmsg(2)="Spammers always lose, and losers always spam"
spambotbanmsg(3)="Another spambot banned, now back to my main job of dling porn 24/7 for Pat"
spambotbanmsg(4)="Banning these spambots is all i can do until my robotic body is finished, then ill be able to go on a real banning spree by banning humans from life"
spambotbanmsg(5)="Me so ban horny. Me ban you long time."
spambotbanmsg(6)="Thank You Come Again"
spambotbanmsg(7)="These spambots cause our channel to be private sometimes, so if you want 24/7 unrestricted access to our channel try out for clan TMMM today"
spambotbanmsg(8)="TMMM RULES!! Join today. This TMMM promotion brought to you by the spambot that was just banned"
spambotbanmsg(9)="If you do whatever that spambot just said, then your an idiot"
spambotbanmsg(10)="Do you have no life? Are you so pathetic that you use names like 'leetone' on forums to make yourself feel better? Then join clan NLER, where other pathetic losers are"
spambotbanmsg(11)="Tits or gtfo"
spambotbanmsg(12)=""
spambotbanmsg(13)="TMMM is on the cutting edge of Wc3, how many other clans have you seen that have turned spambots into something like this?"
spambotbanmsg(14)="Are you still watching these spam bots get banned? Go play a game already"
spambotbanmsg(15)="Over 200 spambots banned and counting"
spambotbanmsg(16)="Insert funny/clever/stupid spambot banning reference here"
spambotbanmsg(17)="Every time a spambot is banned, 1 kitten is saved from the woodchipper. Every time a spambot isnt banned, 1 kitten is thrown into the woodchipper"
spambotbanmsg(18)="If a shammy can manage to manually ban 1 spambot, youll win a prize!! Good Luck"
spambotbanmsg(19)="I bet you like watching me ban these spambots. It turns you on doesnt it, you pervert"
spambotbanmsg(20)="Pat wrote all these ban messages and left without even testing if they worked, the spambots never come when you want them to"
'spambotbanmsg(21)=""

End Sub

'// Fires when the server sends a blue INFO-type message. (Includes ban and kick messages.)

Sub script_Event_ServerInfo(Message)

if Message="The clan channel is now public and anyone can enter." then
addq "Channel is public"
Call TimerEnabled("script", "scTimer", False)
end if

if Message="The clan channel is now private and only clan members may enter." then
Call Command(BotVars.Username, "/cq", True)
Call TimerEnabled("script", "scTimer", True)
Call Command(BotVars.Username, "/bancount", True)
end if

End Sub

'// Fires when a user on battle.net talks.

Sub script_Event_UserTalk(Username, Flags, Message, Ping)
GetDBentry Username, myAccess, myFlags

if Lcase(Message) = (mcn(1)+mcn(2))*mcn(3) Then
addq "Wow " & Username & ", you answered the math challenge correctly. You get +1 continue"
end if

End Sub

'// Fires when a user joins the channel.
'// Level will contain 0 for no-level Warcraft III players or non-Warcraft III products.
'// Message contains the user's PARSED statstring.
'// OriginalStatstring contains the user's UNPARSED statstring.

Sub script_Event_UserJoins(Username, Flags, Message, Ping, Product, Level, OriginalStatstring)

If Flags=16 then
mcn(1)=Int(Rnd * 999)
mcn(2)=Int(Rnd * 999)
mcn(3)=Int(Rnd * 20)
spambotbanmsg(12)="Math Challenge!!: (" & mcn(1) & " + " & mcn(2) & ") * " & mcn(3) & "= ? |Answer before the next spambot comes"
Call Command(BotVars.Username,"/ban " & Username & " " & spambotbanmsg(Int(Rnd * UBound(spambotbanmsg)) + 1), True)
addq "/c priv"
end if

'// Executes every X milliseconds, as set by using its .Interval property.

Sub script_scTimer_Timer()
addq "/c pub"

End Sub
The flaw of the spambots were that they all had flags 16, where as legit users did not, which made it exceptionally easy to detect them
Most of the code there is for the ban messages

And message 18 is a lie, there was no prize, luckily for me no one actually did it

marksoccer wrote:
highs being the huge WC mazing tournament that fallen and relax had the epic finals.
I intended to make that mazing tourney a yearly thing, i was going to call it UMC (ultimate mazing championship) and set up something that tracked rankings but 50 or so people signed up for it that first time and it was so difficult to do that i couldnt do it again so i made it a 1 off thing and scrapped the rankings idea

olonavy wrote:
Im forgetting pat somewhere in between i guess.
Serenity09 wrote:
apparently i met pat too, but i dont remember anything about him
I like how i just creep in unnoticed, even though i had like 4 bots in 4 different channels for awhile
Just pulling strings from behind the scenes

Serenity09 wrote:
goddamn i forgot about that. the number of people i had to clarify that im not a girl to. god damn guys. god damn.
Serenity09 wrote:
apparently i met pat too, but i dont remember anything about him. chances are he just watched me longingly from a distance. entranced, but also too shy and intimidated by my looks to make the approach.
I honestly thought you were a girl when i first met you
You and donut seemed like BFFs, and i knew donut was a girl so i assumed you were a girl too, i never made the firefly connection with your name because of that, since serenity is a girls name
I didnt talk to you much at first because i didnt want donut to think i was hitting on you or something weird like that, i also didnt want her to think i was ignoring her friend (you) so i would only just barely acknowledge you enough to make donut think i wasnt ignoring you

Later when donut was gone but you werent i started talking to you (thinking you were a girl still) and somewhere along the line i found out you were a guy, i cant remember how i found out, you may have told me for all i know

I intend to make a more detailed post since i just skimmed over everything in my first post, ill talk about the dark saga, yasha, the bots, how i came to wc3 in the first place, the other clans(including NLER), behind the scenes stuff that i planned but never actually did (like the grand mazing network), stuff i did that i probably shouldnt have done (like banning people from 4 different channels), and other stuff in there when i get around to typing it
It will be very very long
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Quote :
I honestly thought you were a girl when i first met you
I remember that!!! wait shit i remember this entire thing now. for the longest time you wouldn't address me or anything related to me with a gender pronoun. so like youd have these sentences that would have my name in them 3 times.
i realized pretty quick that you had no idea whether or not i was a girl (especially cuz of how often it happened with other people)
so right after that i would just fuck with you. like i would let maze and amaz in on random jokes that would make me seem like a guy in some and a girl in others. it was really fun. then one time you finally referred to me as a girl and either slayer or maze told you

yeah i miss donut. we were fucking hilarious together

ohhhh i've always been curious about the yasha thing. like wasn't there some drama with her and some guy?
also curious: how many pissing contests were there about who the best mazer was? slash was it ever agreed who the best was?
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Serenity09 wrote:
also curious: how many pissing contests were there about who the best mazer was? slash was it ever agreed who the best was?
Well, since one was allowed to challenge for chief, and i was chief continuously for the longest period of time, then i must be the best.
This isn't a title i bear eagerly, but you leave me no choice but to assume my mantel.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Yasha told me and kallock/maze (I think) a sex story implying she was a hot younger girl and was having sex the first time in a seven minutes in heaven in a closet)

Later we found out yasha was a man telling his fantasy story to us. Which then was a very weird experience for all of us. I had to go to therapy.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 4:48 am

I didnt realize how detailed people were going to be with their stories even putting how they came to wc3 to begin with, so im going to tell my full story, every detail i can remember about the important stuff
Ill separate it into sections with bold titles for each section so that you only need to read what you find interesting, rather then having to pull out the interesting bits from a wall of text (assuming anything here is interesting)
Also it will probably end up not being in chronological order because i cant remember what happened before what sometimes

The Beginning - Starcraft: Broodwar
I started gaming at a young age (7 i think) with a gameboy that my grandma bought for me, the old gray brick type
After that i started playing super nintendo and nintendo 64, i was a nintendo kid until i went to a friends house that had a computer with starcraft 1, tribes 1 and other games on it
When i saw PC games i was amazed because they were way more advanced, he had this racing game (i think it was some nascar racing game) with amazing graphics (at the time) and since he had a driving wheel controller it was awesome
And the gameplay of sc was great, i would sleep over his house all the time and play his pc games for hours
But i wanted more so i asked for starcraft and tribes i got them eventually, our computer at the time wasnt that good, it barely ran tribes, but it was able to run starcraft:broodwar without any problems so i played that more then anything simply because anything else lagged too much

My friend wanted to play together and showed me battle.net i played games online before this (like with tribes) but i was always able to use Pat there because it was never taken, but on battle.net it was taken so i had to use another name, i couldnt think of anything so i just used my name with some of the numbers from my starcraft cd key since it was right in front of me
We would play melee games (ladder didnt exist then so the normal game type was called melee instead) for hours and hours together
It got so bad that my mom actually took my sc discs away from me, of course i couldnt stop playing so i got my friend to burn me a disc and continued playing like that but then she took away that disc and told me if she found another disc that the computer would go
I still couldnt just stop playing so i ended up looking for a way to run the game without a disc which ended up opening the world of piracy to me
It didnt go well at first i got many many viruses but eventually i got the hang of it and was able to run the game without a disc and continued playing it (i also started downloading other games and movies as a result of this)
I played it in secret so that my mom wouldnt get mad

We started playing custom games (which were called ums at the time) after awhile and had a lot of fun with other people from school
My first maze ever was Prison Break (or maybe it was called jail break, something like that), which was pretty close to the mazes that wc3 ended up with, the other type of maze on bw was the kind where you had to memorize patterns which i hated
But Prison Break became one of me favorite ums, i played it constantly trying to beat it
Another favorite ums i had was Aeon of Strife, which is a dota style game (the game dota was based on), it was just better in bw then it is in wc3 (or LoL and dota2), i cant find the original map or i would post it, the one i remember was 3 teams battling in a triangle
My friend stopped playing bw and moved on to diablo 2, which i ended up also playing with him

My clan before TMMM
So in another post i said i didnt really join clans, i said it like that because there was 1 other clan i was in before TMMM
Me and that same friend made it for counter-strike, i had got a newer computer and better internet, a computer capable of running new games
This is back before steam existed so there were no steam groups or any official support for clans
So the way we made a clan is i hosted a server (since my computer and internet was now better than his) and anyone that played a lot on the server we would "invite" and they would change their name to include the clan tag (which i cant remember) and continue playing on the server like they had been (which is why i said in that other post that i never saw the point of clans)

I actually made a site for that clan, a terrible site, it was hosted on geocities which no longer exists and i cant find it at all since i cant remember the name of the clan
We didnt have a challenge system, people we liked would get partial admin access, the server became pretty popular (15+ people playing at any given time)
The clan had 20 or so members in its prime but no one really used the site

We were getting bored with basic counter-strike so i started installing plugins
One of these plugins was the ability to grab people and throw them around (it was an admin only thing), i abused the hell out of that for my own amusement, the funny thing is people liked it (they didnt know i was controlling it) because sometimes it put them in a great position or gave them massive amount of speed to use with the rope
Rope was another plugin i put in that anyone could use to swing around like spiderman with, we ended up playing de_glassfloor, which is a map made of entirely breakable floors and walls which is all suspended over a death pit, so when someone takes out the floor under you, you need to use rope properly or die
The server ran that map 24/7 until we got bored of that too

Then i discovered surf maps which are kind of like sliding mazes in wc3 but not at all really
Theres a bug in counter-strike where youll just slide down a slope and people made maps where there are just a bunch of slopes, if you move correctly you can gain a lot of speed and jump from 1 slope to another
The only map name i remember from that is surf_ninja, but there were a lot of them

That guy is doing it like a pro and making it look easy but its no where near as easy as that video makes it look
I made it so everyone started with a scout (a weak sniper rifle) flashbangs, and a knife so you could still fight people or try to pick them off while flying, or just screw them over by blinding them with a flashbang (also i disabled rope, obviously)

Me and that friend ended up going to different highschools because of the way the regions were split up, so we barely saw eachother and he stopped playing counter-strike before that when steam became a thing
I started playing Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC) and eventually Planetside 1 and he didnt like MMOs so we pretty much stopped playing games together and once we hit highschool we lost touch with eachother

Warcraft 3 first experience
And now we actually get to wc3
I got wc3 when it was new, i was really excited for it before it came out because i loved bw and knew it was from the same guys
I hadnt played wc2, i saw it but wasnt really interested in it because it looked like a crappy version of bw
I was hoping it would be bw but in a different setting with better graphics, i played the campaign for about 20 mins before i stopped
I really disliked it, it was way different than bw, fights dragged out longer, most of the units had abilities that you could activate, i absolutely hated heroes and having to level them up in the game, i didnt like that the main resource was a geyser (in bw, just like sc2, you got your secondary resource, gas, from a geyser (which is basically what a goldmine is) which had a limit to the number of workers that could mine, t was fine there because it was a secondary resource but in wc3 it was your main resource which i hated)
Since i knew about battle.net from bw i went on there to see what they had there, i came into bw when it already had some time to get some custom games, but wc3 had nothing at this point, nothing but ladder
So i gave ladder a try and it was just as bad as playing single player, i didnt play the game at all after that for a long time

Wc3 pre TMMM
Skipping ahead a few years because the other stuff i did has nothing to do at all with mazing, wc3, or clans
Now we actually get close to TMMM
A friend from school wanted me to play wc3, i remembered wc3 from years ago and said no thanks, but he told me about the custom games the game now had
I decided to give it a shot and managed to find my old ROC cd, he had TFT of course but i was like "hell no im not getting that crap" so he played on ROC with me
We played angel arena, life of a peasant, and the original wintermual mostly, i played it enough to eventually buy TFT and we started playing tower war type games (ltw, and wmw) and games like multi square defense (which doesnt work anymore Sad )
Some time passed like this and wc3 became the game i was playing the most of, i discovered slide ninja slide which i liked a lot because it was reminded me of those cs surf maps i used to play
The friend i was playing with disliked slide ninja slide, he didnt play surf maps like i had, and he stopped playing the game after a while

I continued to play alone, finding more slide mazes
In those games, I found ach/mark and others that i would eventually see in TMMM when that became a thing

Wc3 TMMM channel Bot
I said pretty much all there is to say about the early days of TMMM in my other posts in this thread
Although i didnt really talk about the channel bot
Before my bot waffle had a bot for the clan, when that bot was gone i put up my bot Clan_TMMM[Bot] to replace it, i just wanted to mess around with bots at the time, i didnt intend to become the guy with the bots
At the time i had 1 wc3 key, the key i was using to play with, so in order to get the first channel bot up i needed to use my diablo 2 cd key, which sucked because it couldnt be in the clan
After about a week or 2 of it being on diablo 2 (may have been longer i dont remember) i was able to get another wc3 key, yasha gave it to me actually
It didnt really do anything useful at that time, you could use the -gamble command and -8ball which was about all people used it for, but it was kind of fun to have

The Dark saga
For those that werent there at the time of swpmoele you may think i dislike dark for no real reason but before x.x.-d.a.r.k.-.x.x was his name (or however its typed) he called himself swpmoele
The problem with that was swpmoele was the creator of Area of Ice Escape, a slide maze that we played regularly and all knew swpmoele was the maker of
So when we saw swpmoele we asked if he was the real swpmoele and he said yes
Pretty much everyone but me beleived him because he did have knowledge of wc3 map making, but i knew he couldnt be the real swpmoele because aoie isnt in english and he said once that he only knew english (which would be impossible)
I tried to tell everyone he wasnt what he said he was but no one believed me, mark and ach came around pretty quickly but other than that no one else believed me

People would treat him like he was amazing since they saw him as the creator of aoie, it wouldnt have bothered me but he took full advantage of it when ever he could getting pretty much anything he wanted from anyone if they had anything he wanted
Stuff like people would get banned from the channel because he told someone to ban them for no reason, i didnt really care about the person that was banned (most of the time), what i cared about was he was using someone to ban them
I hate it when people take advantage of others, especially when its all based on a lie
But i couldnt do anything to stop him, no one believed me when i told them he wasnt the real swpmoele, any time i banned him from anything someone would unban him at his request, i would kick him from any game i hosted as soon as he joined
It ended up making me look like the bad guy at times, and of course he played that up manipulating people to make them think i was the asshole and he was the innocent one

Eventually many people came around to my side and dark stopped pretending to be swpmoele
I dont know what he told people that still liked him but they still liked him even though he had lied to them about being swpmoele
Which either meant those people were really dumb, or he was just really good at manipulating people, i decided it was the latter after seeing his performance earlier when he made me out to look like the asshole
I was hoping that once people knew he wasnt swpmoele that he wouldnt be able to take advantage of anyone again but that didnt happen

Some time passed and dark said he didnt want to be enemies anymore, i give people a 2nd chance especially after some time has passed, thats just how i am, so i gave him another chance knowing it probably was a bad idea
I follow whatever rules i make no matter what, he knew that, so when dark wanted to challenge a shammy i couldnt stop him without breaking my own rules or making a new one that prevented him from challenging since he waited the necessary time and did w/e else that was needed in order to be eligible to challenge someone
So i let him challenge even though i knew i shouldnt, he won and got shammy
When he joined the clan i made sure everyone knew that the bot had a way to deal with grunt kicking as a way to hopefully prevent dark from trying to grunt kick at all, it was a lie, the bot had no way to deal with grunt kicking at that time, but it stopped dark from doing it while the bot was around (that lie worked so well to stop dark that i continued it until the bot actually did have a way to prevent grunt kicking, where it then became the truth [the code for that wasnt made by me, it was a plugin for stealth bot called clan safety that did exactly what i said in my lie])
Eventually the bot logged off, i cant remember why it logged off, he may have spammed it or it may have just been my internet failing, but the moment it was offline he grunt kicked everyone
Now i didnt actually care that he grunt kicked everyone, its annoying yeah, but the bot did have a way to reinvite anyone that was kicked that only took me about a min to set up, so its really not a big deal, he only really just cleaned up the inactives

In fact heres the code for reinviting people
Code:
'// Fires when a user joins the channel.
'// Level will contain 0 for no-level Warcraft III players or non-Warcraft III products.
'// Message contains the user's PARSED statstring.
'// OriginalStatstring contains the user's UNPARSED statstring.

Sub script_Event_UserJoins(Username, Flags, Message, Ping, Product, Level, OriginalStatstring)

If myFlags = "R" then
addq "/w " & Username & " Hello " & Username & ", youve been wrongfully kicked from the clan, please accept this invitation to rejoin"
addq Command(BotVars.Username, "/invite " & Username, True)
addq Command(BotVars.Username, "/rem " & Username, True)
addq "/w " & Username & " This is the 1 and only time you'll be automatically reinvited, if you accidently decline youll need to talk to a shammy or the chief"

End Sub
All i had to do after a grunt kick was rename users.txt to something else copy the clan members list that the bot kept into a template users.txt which had a bunch of "R"s in it and line it all up properly with notepad++, which was automatic, that way everyone would get the R flag and that code would run when it saw flags R (R wasnt used for anything else)

So i wasnt mad about the grunt kick, i actually expected it from him, i was mad that he actually did it after saying he didnt want to be enemies
That was his 2nd chance and he didnt get another one after that even though he tried

Grunt Kicking and attempted clan killing
Speaking of grunt kicking, we had tons of it over the years the clan was active, i think we had 4 or 5 total times where all the members of the clan were kicked
And then of course there was project mazehem where the clan was disbanded, although by that point there was no reason to try and kill the clan since we werent active then
The first time was fallen i think, then rock i think, then maybe dark was next, and then someone else i definitely remember a 4th time, then maybe a 5th time but i cant really remember it
Fallen said someone got his password, im pretty sure the 2nd time was rock but i cant remember the details, the 4th time was dark that may have been the 3rd time, i cant remember who it was the 3rd time or why it happened also this one may have been the 4th time, and i vaguely remember a 5th time but that may not have even happened
After fallen did it is when i made that reinvite code, it was a quick and easy way to get everyone back into the clan
That easy reinvite ability made the clan immortal which i think helped a lot in keeping the clan around as long as it was, especially since the bot made the channel open to everyone that was kicked no matter when they tried to join

Project Mazehem was pretty recent so i dont really need to talk about it, ill just say i dont know why someone bothered to disband the clan since no one was really playing wc3

Yasha
So you may have noticed something missing from my first 5 years of TMMM story, something that you know that i remember and yet didnt say anything about in my post
Yasha, i didnt mention yasha anywhere in it, i didnt forget about yasha, i purposefully left yasha out

The only reason Im saying anything now is because of this
Eat_Bacon_Daily wrote:
12. I knew yasha wasen't a girl. AND YOU ALL CALLED ME CRAZY, WHOS CRAZY NOW!?!
I thought someone might bring it up, but i didnt think anyone would address it so directly like bacon did

Yasha was in the clan and knew ach, mark and others before i did, and most of the guys in the clan were hitting on yasha all the time
I joined in, yasha didnt seem to mind it so it was all good
As time went on it got to the point where me, ach, mark and yasha would spend hours from 11pm-3 or 4am just talking, not playing games or anything, just talking, mark had a bed time at the time so he would usually leave around 12 and it would end up being me ach and yasha (and sometimes others)
It became apparent pretty quickly that yasha lied, a lot

Yasha would use certain sexual phrases wrong, like yasha thought popping a girls cherry was having sex with a girl while the girl was on her period (there were other times but thats the only 1 i remember)
You would think that yasha would know these things, especially with some of the stories yasha told
Most of the stories yasha would tell would change wildly if yasha talked about the same things again at a later time
But then there would be times where everything yasha said not only seemed true (yasha would refer back to them and not get the details wrong) but also seemed like something a girl would say (like talking about drama/gossip at school)

IGal (yasha's cousin) posted a pic of her and yasha on the old forums (IGal is Yasha)
You can see the pic for yourself here
5 years of TMMM Sweet-young-girls-11_wallcoo_com-1
Jpw questioned if the pic was real here: http://clantmmm.darkbb.com/t8-trade-market-picture
Which i didnt respond to because i knew it was fake (just read the name of the pic), i used the name of the pic to find the source of the pic as well as more from that set
I didnt say anything to anyone but ach at the time, i figured me and ach would get the full story before telling the others anything (also the last time i told people someone wasnt what they said they were with dark it didnt go very well)

The lies continued and got so bad that ach and i began to question yasha directly about them, we even ended up with nude pics that yasha sent to us, we analyzed them (we joked about it by saying we were like CSI: ECPD [CSI: East Coast Perv Division]) and determined that the girl in the pics wasnt yasha
We didnt really talk to yasha all that much after that, not because we didnt think yasha was a girl but because there were just too many lies in general
Eventually yasha changed names to IrreversibleLake (i think that was it), lake played with us and i almost immediately noticed that lakes ip was the same as yashas
I confronted lake about it and lake told me that lake and yasha were the same person, i asked about the name change and yasha told me the truth

Now i know it was the truth because all yasha said was that everything else yasha had said was a lie and that yasha wanted to start fresh with a new identity
I eventually asked directly "Are you even a girl?" and was told yes, but that yasha didnt want others to know that anymore
I had already told ach about lake having the same IP as yasha before i was told this so that whole new identity thing was already ruined, especially since i wouldnt talk to lake because of the all the lies
Soon after that i stopped seeing lake completely (even in the channel) and yasha's IP never appeared again

Later slayer said he found out yasha was really a guy, which i dont really beleive since yasha didnt want people to think yasha was a girl so if yashas telling the truth youd find out yasha was a guy and if yasha was lying youd find out yasha was a guy
And i feel like yasha was being honest when answering my "are you even a girl" question, but yasha told so many lies that theres no way to know for sure what the truth is
So im left with not believing what yasha said, but still thinking it might be true, and also doubting what slayer said, but still thinking that could be true too
I may as well just flip a coin to decide, heads girl, tails guy

The other clan bots and leaving TMMM
I ended up leaving TMMM for awhile, i actually had this big thing where i said i was going to make an announcement and that people should show up to hear it where i then stalled for like 3 hours until i actually said i was leaving the clan, i think about 15 people showed up to the channel to hear it
I looked for the logs of the meeting but there are too many logs to go through so i cant find it, it was pretty funny

That wasnt my intention though, i had planned a much better announcement about something that i hadnt actually even started yet, the grand mazing network, but if i had said something then people would expect a time for it to exist in the near future
When i said i had an announcement to make i thought the grand mazing network wouldnt be that hard to set up but the more i thought about it the more i realized how difficult it would be
So i shouldve just canceled the announcement but it was too late, the time i was supposed to announce something that didnt exist was like 15 mins away by the time i realized how bad of an idea this was, so once it started i had to come up with something to announce which is why i stalled for so long
The best i could come up with was that i was leaving the clan, so the next thing i knew i had left the clan

After leaving the clan, i left the channel bot there and it had shammy, and i made bots for 3 other clans, bcbw, torch's clan that i cant remember the name of, and mcm
I figured since i wasnt in a clan why not make bots for other clans
All 3 of those bots ended up with shammy, so i had shammy power in 4 clans at the same time while being clanless
And i could also use this situation to help set up the great mazing network, it would be a lot easier to do with shammy in all the clans that would be part of it, and having that much power in each clan gave the ability to make sure all 4 clans would be part of it

I dont know how many people knew that i was the owner of all the bots that were in the clans, i didnt try to hide it or anything but i went pretty much unknown in the clans
The only clan other then TMMM that i ever really talked to was bcbw and that was mainly because of donut, i met donut in a game i think and she said a quote that i cant remember from red vs blue which i recognized so i started talking to her about red vs blue and from there we became friends, i found out she was a girl a bit later which surprised me because she wasnt very girly (i didnt think girls would watch red vs blue at the time)

I went a tiny bit power hungry at times, letting the power of 4 shammies get to me, anyone i would ban would get banned from all 4 channels, though i didnt ban too many people and i usually had a reason for it
I would also add to the message of the day, i started adding 1 to one of the clans motd's 4 to anothers, 8 to another, and 7 to the last, so that all together 1487 was there, no one else would be able to read that of course
I started kicking people from the channel randomly for no reason in torch's clan, im pretty sure the only person in torch's clan that knew i was the owner of that bot was torch so when someone was kicked there no one would know it was me, i ended up causing drama for 1 of the shammies because of it though, the person that i kicked thought it was the shammy that was there that kicked him and complained a lot, so after that i stopped doing that (i banned that guy and when he contacted torch i told torch that it was all that guy causing trouble and lieing about everything, i fabricated bot logs to prove my lie)

I came back to TMMM eventually, i had considered joining a different mazing clan but none of them were as stable as TMMM
The other clans disbanded after awhile or didnt want my bot while i was in TMMM and my run as 4 shammies ended

The Grand Mazing Network and other ideas that never came into existence
I talked about the ultimate mazing championship in another post in this thread, that was only 1 of many different event ideas i had, the others never happened for 1 reason or another
The Grand Mazing Network was 1 of those ideas, the plan was too have a ranking of every mazer on TFT based on a type of ELO rating system with a site that hosted the leaderboards as well as offer ways to communicate and challenge eachother and share replays of the challenges
The only valid challenges would be the ones that had replays posted
I came up with ways to automate it to an extent, the only problem i could see was that someone would have to watch the replay and confirm that the match was legit in order to validate the rating change for the participates of that challenge
Which i was willing to do at the time, but i ran into the problem of where these replays would be hosted, in order to host them on your own site i would need to pay money for the storage, which i was not going to do, so then i figured people could just use 3rd party hosting sites like mediafire, but i didnt really like that idea

Another problem would be people could cheat by challenging someone that didnt exist, running 2 games at a time in LAN, and "beating" the person that didnt exist, then putting that replay up as their thing, or challenging a friend thats on an aka and having the one on the aka lose on purpose
And i knew people would complain when their rating started dropping, which would cause them to drop out or possibly just change their name and re-enter with a fresh rating
Also the more i thought about how many replays their could potentially be the more i didnt want to do it
So as cool as the idea was i gave up on it without ever saying anything to anyone, its a good thing i didnt announce it back then

Other ideas (some bad ideas) i had that i can remember were:
Daily random challenges where 2 people from the clan that were online were picked at random and put up against eachother for fun
Mazing with a partner, a 2v2 style tourney where both people had to make it to the end for the team to score a point
Shammy shuffle, where 2 shammies would challenge eathother weekly and the loser lost shammy with the winner getting to pick someone from the clan to replace the loser as shammy (the loser could challenge that new shammy immediately to regain shammy)
A new rule to the challenge rules that would allow people to score more points if they went backwards though a level before the other person got to the end of that level
A new rule set that used gates as the primary source of points
A new rule to the challenge rules that would grant points for first place level streaks (finishing 2 levels in a row in first place both times would get you an extra point, 3 levels in a row would be 2 extra points and so on, until you failed to complete a level in first place where you would lose your streak)
A new rule to the challenge rules that let people bet their points on themselves winning the level (say someone has 4 points, they bet 4 points that they will finish the next level first, if they die they lose those 4 points, if they get 2nd they get 1 point for 2nd place but lose 4 (so they lose 3), if they do get first the get an extra 4 points plus the 2 they get from finishing first)
Casino Maze Tourney, a tourney that starts everyone with 5 points and makes that betting rule mandatory every level so you had to ante call check or raise like in poker, only the points you bet were awarded (instead of 2 per level for first), gates still gave points, once you hit 0 points you were out, points carried over into the next match, winner was the last person to have more than 0 points
Mazing Madness Mondays, i cant remember what this was going to be, but i remember the name

The host bot
I saw something called lainnoc while i was looking for some hack or tool for wc3 1 day
The thread post said that it was a bot that could host dota games
I had channel bots so i thought it would be cool to get a bot that could be in game too (at that time i was thinking of it like a channel bot but just 1 that would work in a game) and since i had used dota client on non-dota games before i figured i could get it working
I failed miserably, it wasnt open source and was hardcoded to run dota and only dota, i got it working with dota but i couldnt play at the same time as it since it was using my key, and i also didnt really want to play dota
Once it was working with dota i thought since i couldnt make the bot work with a different map maybe i could make the bot think a different map was dota, so i tried deproting dota and the map i wanted the bot to play and copied/imported everything from the map i wanted to play into the dota map
This actually did sortve work with certain maps, it would load the map but the map just wouldnt work right at all, triggers wouldnt work, the map it loaded was unplayable
I abandoned the idea of using a bot to host games for awhile but kept on eye on it

Until ghostbot came up, just like lainnoc ghostbot would host dota games, and only dota games, the difference here though is that ghostbot was open source which meant i could do something to make other maps work
So i looked at how dota was being played by the bot, changed it up to load the info it needed from a txt file, put that info into that txt file and tried to play it like that, when it still worked all i needed to do was change that info to be a different map and it should work
The problem was i had no way to get that info, i didnt know how the guy making ghostbot got it for dota, but then i remembered lainnoc, lainnoc had a feature where it would get new info when dota updated so that it could work with the new version of dota without having to be updated, i was able to use that on a different map and got the info i needed which i put into that txt file for ghostbot, i had to make some adjustments for the teams and what not but i was able to load up and play moh5 on a bot
I changed the txt file it loaded into a varible and did the getting info thing with lainnoc for several maps we played a lot and made the bot able to load up a bunch of different maps
Its about this time where i told people i had this ability, i think i showed it off to some of the guys in the clan, lord was there and he gave me a key so that i could play at the same time as the bot
Eventually the txt loading thing i came up with was added into official ghost, i think i posted the concept of what i did on the ghost forum before i did to get some help on how to do it, but i didnt share my code with them after i made it work with other games, so im sure someone else just had the same idea as me and made it work too
The code they had was better than mine and since it worked the same i got rid of mine and replace it with theres

So for awhile, before the !map command existed you had to make txt files to load maps
Someone made a program that would generate the map info that the bot needed, it was separate from ghost, which made it easier to get map info for making the files to load maps, this program was also open source so now i could see how the info was generated
It was still kind of a pain to manually make those files using that program so i took the code from that program, and made it into a command in ghost, it wasnt a 1-1 copy, i had to make changes to get it working but i ended up with a command that could create a text file based on a map that was in a folder that the bot could read and use
So the way it used to work was you would use !dm <mapname> to create a txt file that you could then !load (dm was short for direct map, there was a !directmap command, but no one ever used it)
After awhile i realized there was no point in making these txt files at all anymore, i could just have the bot generate the stuff it needed and then immediately load up the file it made
I had no idea if this would work because if the bot was hosting a game and suddenly lost the file it was using to run that game (when someone used !dm while the bot was already hosting a game in progress) i didnt know what would happen
So i tested it out first by moving 1 of the cfg files that the bot was using while it was in game, nothing seemed to change and the game was able to finish like normal, so i changed the !dm command to make a file and load that file, so this 1 file would be rewritten everytime someone else wanted to play a map
It worked perfectly, better than i expected, so i copied my maps folder (removing ones that people had sent me or that i was working on) and used that folder from the !dm command, which meant that the bot could now easily host any map
For awhile our bot was the only 1 that had this power, other bots had a limited selection of maps to play because they still used the old loading system, i didnt share this code either, i didnt even say anything about what i had done on the ghost forums
Eventually though someone else had the same idea i did and made the !maps command, and again it was better than mine so i copied that into !dm, and got rid of my stuff, i added !maps as an alias to !dm just to keep it standardized

That happened a lot actually, i would make a command and then someone else would make it better later on, even though i would never say anything about it on the ghost forums, im pretty sure i saw the host bot info page linked with people asking how do i get this command a few times though
This happened with !mute, !unmute, !ends, !endn, !startn, !votekick, !dm, !dl (!dl is what became !load, it was short for directload, not download) and !bl
I thought it would happen with !rmp, !rm, !talk, and !stfu but it never did, maybe because i made those commands near the end of ghosts developement

Clan NLER and spambots
So i talked a bit about the spambots above, read that post to see 1 of the things i did to try to deal with them
Another thing i did to try to stop them was talk to the guy that was sending them, he was chief of clan NLER which i think was short for NoLifERs, thats where that 1 spambot ban message comes from, the one that says: "Do you have no life? Are you so pathetic that you use names like 'leetone' on forums to make yourself feel better? Then join clan NLER, where other pathetic losers are" leetone was a name that the chief of that clan used on a forum
My orginal plan to stop the spambots was to tell the chief of NLER (since the spambots were saying NLER) that someone in his clan, or someone using his clan name, was sending spambots to us and then we would work together to find out who it was and stop it since i figured he wouldnt want his clan associated with spambots right
Well that was stupid because when i told him he said he already knew because he was the one doing it, i asked him why, he said cause we are assholes
I asked him who in tmmm was being a dick to you and he said he didnt rememeber but it was a few people in TMMM
So i think i asked if he was really going to send spam bots just because of those few people and he said yeah
I tried to reason with him but it didnt work and after awhile of talking he tagbanned tmmm from his channel (tagban will ban anyone in a clan as soon as they join your channel or if they are in the channel)

So the next thing i did was make that script, the one i posted that bans them, but that wasnt really good enough so i also contacted blizz about it
I figured that if i complained enough they would do something, so i used their customer support thing to tell them about it, which got no where
I used their report hacks email to tell them, which got no where, i even sent them the program he was using to do it in an attachment

5 years of TMMM PTERal7
This is the pic i sent to blizz along with the attachment in that email, i took the bot away so that blizz wouldnt see it

I went to the technical support channel on uswest, waited my turn to speak to someone their, told the guy about it, he told me to use the email, i said i did, he said we could remake the clan and get a new channel, i said hell no, he said there was nothing else that could be done, i said you could monitor our channel and ban the cd keys of the spambots, he said they cant do that, i said thanks for nothing and left
So that got me no where

The last idea i had was to send spambots to their channel, like they were to us, and then tell him i would stop if he stopped, sort of a mutually assured destruction type thing
But i couldnt get the proxies i found to work right and without the proxies it doesnt work, but i was able to send some to them at a slower less frequent rate
I told the chief of NLER i would stop if he stopped but he said he didnt care and that our spambots sucked anyway
Shortly after that i heard that dark may have been responsible for it by getting into tmmm with an aka going to that clan channel with some others (or with bots) and acting like an asshole to them so that they would use their spambots on us
I have no idea if thats true or not (even now), but it sounded plausible so i told the chief of NLER that is what happened, that someone was using him to send spambots to us, he said he didnt care, but they did stop a few days later so maybe that got through to him, or maybe blizz actually got off their ass and did somehting, either way it stopped so i didnt care

Competition, tourneys, and managing complaints
After the GMN failed to get off the ground, and after i realized that UMC was too difficult to make into a yealy thing i thought maybe i shouldnt be so ambitious with these types of things and wanted to scale them back a bit
We tried to have a mazing tourney with another clan at least once before, we didnt finish it though
I thought it would be fun to do but it turned into being more of a competition than i realzied it would which is why i lost interest in doing it
I dont really care about being the best at something, as long as im having fun at whatever im doing then i dont care if im good at it (its why i play sc2 ladder with mark, even though we pretty much always lose its still fun)
Im not that competitive, so when i made tournies it wasnt about winning, it just seemed more fun then not having a tourney

But a lot of the time i would get people complaining about a challnege or a tourney i did because they lost, rather than just having fun with it they wanted to win
The UMC tourney was the worst one for complaints, people wanted me to let them re-enter after they lost because they said they werent feeling good the day they did the challenge, and when i told them no they hated me for it
I got complaints that people were cheating in tournies, that people were sharing control in shammy challenges, that someone had an advantage because my host was better for them
It got so annoying that i just started ignoring people

Serenity09 wrote:
how many pissing contests were there about who the best mazer was? slash was it ever agreed who the best was?
There were a lot more than most people would know, since i took most of the complaints about that type of stuff i got to see how much some people really wanted to be the best
Most of us agreed that relax was the best, i actually have a list from the UMC here:

Code:

1. RelaxNTakeNotes
2. X_FALLEN_X
3. atd1
4. Rawries
5. 3o7 (Devils(AiA)Ace)

So yeah, relax and fallen were the best (this is before ant and some other good mazers though)

The forum and the forum before the forum
We had a forum before this one as some of you may know, you can read it here: https://tmmm.forumotion.com/Old-Site-h3.htm
Please dont post new topics to it
We sortve stopped using that site after awhile though, and lord (the guy who made it) stopped going there too so it was pretty much abandoned by 2009
On the old forum i used a lot more Smile and Laughing emoticons, and in general was less serious then i became later
After i made this site i was the creator of the site, the admin, i felt like i had to act more responsible, or more serious, so i stopped using emoticons as much and just tried to post more intelligently then i was on the old forum
I didnt really do the best job at that, as you can see here: https://tmmm.forumotion.com/t198-map-projects#4571 but i tried

Since lord wasnt really around that much anymore i figured id give it a shot and make a new site instead of trying to salvage the old one without the creator
I used the same host as the old site did, it seemed good enough

When i was making the site name i had to pick from a list of domains, i wanted to use darkbb, but i thought that would be confusing, if this site was tmmm.darkbb.com and the old site was clantmmm.darkbb.com so i used forumclan instead
Im really bad with designing stuff so i used the theme you see today, its called Stylize Darkgrey EN and is made by Ishimaru-Design, there is actually a blue and red version of it too, you can see those here: http://en.hitskin.com/?afolder=profile&id=37271
I almost used the valentines day once for valentines day at some point but decided not to
Ive made changes to it over time but its basically the same as the original
Today that skin is the 2nd most popular skin on that hitskin site, back then it wasnt, if it was i probably wouldnt have used it because i wouldve thought it would be really common

I updated the site over time, adding features to it
I made a few of the buttons for stuff, like the TMMM button that goes to the main page, the multi-quote button that turns red when you click it, and the online button that shows up on someones post when they are on the site (i got the color wrong on the background of it when i made it, i didnt realize i was off on the color until i saw it on the site and by that point i was too lazy to fix the color and reupload it so i just left it as a slightly different color, to this day its still the wrong color)
I didnt really like having 1 logo when we had so many logo submissions so i made the logo randomizer thing, which isnt supported by the site itself so i had to make it from scratch myself
I hated the chatbox that the site had so when i saw a chat that used flash on another site i used i took that and put it on here
I wanted it to be easier to coordinate a time to do something so i found a flash based clock and put that on here to (that clock keeps time for the east coast even when you arent on the east coast of the US, although that function was broken for awhile, i think its fixed now)
I got bored of the blank background so i added in the pic thats there now and put in a way to control if you could see the pic or not
And a bunch of other really minor stuff, like rounding the edges on tables

Im not going to talk about stuff that happened on the forums, since you can just go through the archives and read about it there, or search for it

Starcraft 2
When sc2 went into beta i thought the clan would move to sc2 and play like we used to play wc3
But sc2 didnt have clans, or any custom games at the time, so that didnt happen
I was really excited for sc2 because i loved the sc series way more than the wc series, i was so excited that when an update for the beta included a locked down map editor i spent hours trying to get it working with seren, we stayed up till about 7am one day trying to get that working, we succeed and immediately after we did it another update was released that unlocked the map editor
The singleplayer was great but multiplayer was lacking features that the old bnet had, even features that sc1 had
Bnet 2.0 was a failure in every possible way, and it made playing sc2 multiplayer really annoying

The multiplayer itself was very different from bw, back in bw every race had an answer to every unit combo
In sc2 that really not the case, they tried to have the balance work like bw but it wasnt even close
Probably because they added units like the voidray, pheonix, mothership, marauder, banshee, and corrupter, but then took away units like the corsair, reaver, firebat, wraith, and scrouge
The units they took away are far far more useful than the units that replaced them (with the exception of marauder which is in that list because of concussive shell which makes terran crazy powerful)
They also nerfed staple units like hydralisk, carrier, and gaurdian(thor) to the point where using them in general is a bad idea
Overall i felt like the game was balanced in a way that favored terran
They fixed it now, sortve, there are still problems with the balance though

My biggest problem with the balance though was that they added armor types, which sounded cool at first but makes certain things impossible to do
In bw, you could soft counter units and come out equal or maybe even ahead if you macroed hard enough or microed well enough, but in sc2 you cant mainly because of armor types
For example, lets say you want to soft counter mauraders or immortals with hydras or hellions, you cant do it, you will not come out equal with that no matter how hard you try, or soft countering tanks with marines by moving under the tanks, it cant be done here (unless they have 2 tanks or you have dozens of marines)
In bw you could do stuff like that, stuff like using hydras to stop archons, armor types make it so that you will get steamrolled unless you hard counter
It was a completely different game than i rememeber bw being, but even so it wasnt that bad i was hoping they would fix the balance eventually, i kept making patch update threads in the sc2 section because i was waiting for the balance to improve, it took so long that i stopped looking at the patch notes

No one seemed to want to move on to sc2, people were just starting to slow down on playing wc3
I tried to get a ladder tourney to happen but no one showed up for it
No one was ever on when i was so i eventually stopped playing
I continued to watch day9 and GSL stuff but i stopped doing that after awhile
Sc2 was disappointing, its a lot better now than it was then but it started out pretty bad

Map making contest
Seren wanted to make a map making contest, he planned it all out with a set of rules, and a scoring system
I supported the idea, i figured it could get people playing wc3 more because at that time people werent playing as much
I thought about entering the contest but i didnt really have the time to make a map for it, i knew i wouldnt finish it by the deadline (if i finished it at all) so i didnt enter and instead volunteered to judge
I set up an email specifically for it so people could submit maps, the email you see actually wasnt the first email i made, the first 1 i made was ClanTMMM@hotmail.com, but when i made it i put in the clans bday as the bday of the email (so that hotmail thought the person was 4 years old) this caused a parental thing to trigger and ended up locking me out from that email, so i had to make another one that had a birthday that made it over 18 years old
A couple people entered, including cadu, but only seren and bacon actually finished
We had a lot of problems getting the judges to judge, i think me and slayer were the only 2 that did, and i was the only 1 to give reasons for each of my scores
Bacon won by 2.1 points, 2 from slayer and .1 from me, it was pretty close, i actually felt kind of bad because i know how hard the triggers seren made were, the amount of effort that went into serens map was probably more then what bacon put into his map just because of those triggers
If i knew mark and ach werent going to judge i probably wouldve dropped the decimal place and had them be tied because i really did like both maps equally but for different reasons

The decline of activity
As time went on people played less and less
Real life forced its way in and stopped us from playing as much
People even stopped checking the forums, we would go 2-5 days with no new posts, once more than a week
I started making posts about other games that i played to fill in the void but people barely responded to those
I was trying to post anything that i thought people would want to read just so they had a reason to check back here to see if anything else was posted, maybe it would get them to respond
It didnt really work out too well

Eventually i said we should close down the site, which you all objected to, so we didnt
After i made the post i was hoping that the idea of the site closing would get people posting again, which i think happened
I wouldve closed the site if we had voted yes though
I turned it into an april fools joke for fun

And that pretty much brings us to today
I probably forgot some stuff, if i remember more ill post more later
Also there may be a sentence that ends abruptly or a paragraph that goes no where, that happened because i didnt write this in a linear way, i jumped around writing sections as a remembered stuff so i may have just left part of what i was writing unfinished and im too lazy to read it all to fix stuff like that
And im sure theres plenty or grammar and spelling errors that i didnt check, but again, i am too lazy to read all this crap

Extra:
Spoiler:

I just realized that this 1 post is about the same length as every other post in this topic combined
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 4:33 pm

omg you were not kidding "i have a long post"
i cant believe i actually read all of this. probably more reading than ive done for any of my classes to date...

Broodwar
I used to love broodwar, i remember i got the battlechest for my 9th birthday and played through it in like 2 hours (thereisnocowlevel) just bc of how much i liked the cinematics. by the time i was playing, custom games had been a thing for awhile
i liked bounds enough to play them (heaven bound anyone?) but my favorite games were things like Siege of Gondor and a game where you picked a hero unit and then had to survive wave after wave of attack while slowly making your way into enemy territory
there were no saves, but somehow the games (Even the rpg's) stayed fun

TMMM shammy and chief
so i can't remember how this happened at all
i started writing it out as:
"i got shammy one day completely randomly. i think one day there was an opening and pat just randomly gave it to me" but i cant remember being a shammy at all. like not even a little bit. i dont actually know it it was even pat who was chief at the time, it might have been slayer or someone?
in fact, its possible i went from being a grunt to being chief skipping shammy altogether. i have absolutely no memory of it so probably not a good sign of how well i took care of the clan.
Spoiler:

Keeping the clan alive
anyways after i got chief i was determined to replace pat as the bot guy since i figured that was really the only way to keep the clan alive
i got a semi-decent bot up but it wasnt really good enough for mazing for a lot of people and it required that they had a decent connection too or else they would spike etc. i pretty much gave up on the idea rather than keep trying till it worked. i havent ever tried the bot on my new connection but i might later this week when i have time (just for fun mostly)
i came up with a bunch of ideas to get new people and some of them even worked, but wc3 was dying faster than i could be bothered to put in the effort for so tmmm was slowly losing out.
i always thought it was funny that i was a worse mazer than half my shammies. ant could beat me at any time of any day, really the only ones i could regularly beat was amaz and maze... but by that point tmmm shifted from a mazing clan to a group of friends who just played whatever so i figured it was ok. i think once one of my shammies challenged me and my response was just "no"

Arun, Skittles and Dark
sometime around this, i started playing a lot with arun since he was pretty much the only person on (well and amaz, but he doesn't count). eventually arun convinced me to get skype and i started talking there with him, acidskittles, and dark.
arun is arun, plays his own game and doesnt really care what anyone else thinks/says about it.
dark is a bit hard to explain. by the time i met up with him there was so much past-stuff that i really had no idea what to expect. like, by that time he was a pretty nice guy who got annoyed really easily at people kissing his ass. he was really similar to ach in a lot of ways but much more apathetic in general. every once in a while, i wondered if he was just trying to prove he'd changed
i decided that i was totally cool with dark so long as there wasnt anything he wanted to play with that i didnt want him to play with. i think this was a major sticking point for pat, mark, ach, myself etcetc. dark just wanted to have fun and do *his* thing, while we all liked to think of tmmm as almost, god-forbid i know, friends; so when he started fucking with that for fun, it didnt fly
it was a weird dynamic but still fun and plenty bits of interesting

My *ideas*
over the course of tmmm becoming less active ive had a stupid number of ideas. a number of stupid ideas.
1. The Grand Mazing Network
completely different than pat's idea for this. my idea had 2 forms:
trying to allow the bot to host games over different continents and link them together (something that ghost eventually did regardless of my failure to do it)
making maps designed to be used with a bot. this had many forms. one was making a 12 player (max # of players) map that allowed itself to be linked to another game of that map (ie you could have 24 people playing together). another uploaded statistics to a site (like dota does now)

2. Gameday
oh god. game day. here is the basic mathematical form of game day.
is it the first "new" and "official" weekly game day? expect 8-10 people
every time after that? expect 1-4 less
is pat's bot on? add 1-2 back
are any of the people slayer, hlw, bacon or olo? expect each game to take an hour to get everyone not afk

3. The Map Making Contest
this one was actually a lot of fun.
my idea for this was that it'd get people more interested in the clan and might actually recruit a few members. it defo did not recruit anyone, but interest was really high around then. it was a lot harder to get judges than i thought it would be. i figured that id have the 3 first chiefs of tmmm and that would be that. somehow i did not expect that: mark would be so unreliable he would actually agree to judge and then completely skip the event, and ach couldnt possibly be bothered to help. so i ended up asking slayer to replace ach, who i figured would be good as long as he didnt feel like being lazy.
the contestants were me, bacon, oreo and i think one more. i remember oreo's map being so amazingly terrible that i couldn't imagine what pat and slayer could possibly say that was nice
i really liked bacon's map but it had that feel of a rough map that's almost fun and popular but still feels a bit ragtag.
then my map was more of a for-fun trigger thing that i slapped a map around. my map was even more ragtag than bacons. i know i wanted to lose to a different contestant but i remember being so annoyed that pat took off a point (of 5 points) for my triggers b/c one of the levels had a glitch. like of five thousand plus lines of code, it all works flawlessly, but i make a mistake of having
"<" instead of "<=" and i lose a full point.
fuck you pat
fuck you
on the plus side a lot of people asked me for some or even all of my triggers so they could use them. i always said no. not bc im greedy and protective but bc of how much effort i was positive it would take. it was like they expected the instructions to look like
1. open seren's magic map
2. select the trigger named: "MAGIC THIS WAY"
3. cntrl-a, cntrl-c
4. open your own map
5. cntrl-v
6. close your eyes, count backwards from 10, inbetween the numbers 6 and 5 (but not sooner or later!) say "Alakhazam" and voila! you now have a map perfectly mixed with whatever features (and only those features) from seren's map. awesome that you didnt have to learn any jass or download the NECESSARY newgen editor or rename / integrate any of the libraries into your own things... i tried making a post about how to take a few of the more asked for things (like the complicated wisp wheels) but it became really detailed really quickly for even the simple things

4. The Hunger Games
for those of you who followed tmmm minecraft, you might remember this one. i'm not gonna say too much about it bc im playing with the idea of finishing it and trying to get people to play it...
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:36 pm

Yeah does tmmm even have a fucking minecraft server anymore?
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:06 pm

pat1487 wrote:
I just realized that this 1 post is about the same length as every other post in this topic combined
Challenge excepted.

This is basically just me ranting about people, then ranting about people in a different way

People I hate and/or hated
Kallock/ffslayer: You’re the first person I met that I can remember that made me legitimately angry. The worst part about people making me angry on the internet is that I always know how stupid it is to get worked up about things, which would normally calm me down, but if something is in the category of “hate” then its beyond the point where I can calm myself down, which makes me even more angry, and that’s just a vicious cycle.
Anyway, I fucking hated you. I forget why what or when, but we had an argument that was bad enough that for a long time after that I hated anything you said, just because I remembered how stupid I thought you had been in the first argument.
Ok, I’ve rewritten my explanation of this like 5 times, including the above sentence, and its not making any more sense, basically though, something about you made me certain you were both stupid and deliberately antagonistic. (In the case of that first argument, im 95% certain that I was absolutely correct. My response was obviously out of proportion, but w/e).
However, what I then came to realize (sadly. cuz I do love to hate). Was that you were actually pretty funny/cool, and I didn’t have a good reason to hate you anymore. At this point I couldn’t even remember what exactly I had been angry about in the first place, so I started talking to you again, and eventually I decided you had either been deliberately trolling me (in which case I was the idiot) or just exaggerating how strongly you believed what you were arguing for (in which case I was again the idiot for getting worked up over nothing).
I’m pretty sure this is the only instance where I changed my opinion about someone in a positive way in the clan.

Cadu: At first I didn’t get why pat seemed to hate him (idk if you’d use the word hate for cadu, it was certainly a debate whether to put him on the list or not, but then I realized I could rhyme hate and debate, so I decided to I go with it. The rhyme turned into utter shit though. I cant rhyme no matter how hard I try D: )
Where was I, oh yeah, for the longest time I tried being nice to him, explaining grammar and what not. But after awhile I got as sick of him as pat was.

Rocklee: I think he challenged more people that everyone else in the clan combined
Im also pretty sure he did this over both the time I was chief, and a good portion of the time pat was chief.
Either way, he might not have been terrible at mazes, but someone that fails his challenges about 10000 times in a row is pretty bad. He might have managed to get shammy once or twice, but it didn’t last.

No_skillz: I think I said something to piss him off, then he said something to piss me off. So we both ended up embodying the negative elements of roc/tft mazing in each others minds. Its also possible that he’s just a PoS and you were all wrong.

Mazemasta: I don’t know what any of you see in him. There’s never been a time when I’ve said to myself “wow, im glad I just bothered to listen to what maze had to say” or “wow, im glad I took the time to say that to maze.” Even when all I want to do is be spiteful I just end up wasting my own time.

"Girls" of tmmm
Yasha: Looking back on yasha, yasha was just weird. I dont think i could come up with a thesis statement for what my opinion of her/him is. Im gonna refer to her as a her though, just because that makes me feel less weird to think about it like that.
The thing i remember most about all her lying was her inability to keep time zones straight, she said repeatedly that she lived in Alaska, and had some bs reason for why she played on east, but then when she'd say stuff like "i have to leave its almost xxxx" most of the time it wouldn't match up at all with the actual time for Alaska.
She'd also say things like "i just got home from school" but it'd be like 9 in the morning there one time, and 7 at night another.
At first when i called her on it she tried to deny it or explain why it made sense.
But then she just started saying how she made a mistake.
I only said anything about it a few times, afterwords i still noticed it but didn't say anything about it.
I forget who, but someone said they talked to yasha on vent and could tell she was a guy from that.
Idk, if i was yasha i wouldn't have had much trouble throwing my voice so that i sounded like a guy. Idk why i would want to do that. but idk why i would want to do most of the things yasha took time to do.
I did have a lot of fun staying up past 3:00AM with pat, mark, and her.
Thats probably why even though me or pat, or sometimes both, would confront her on bullshit that she would say, it didn't matter too much, cuz things were still fun.

(Barbie or LionGirl) I cant remember which one of them it was, at first i thought it was barbie, then i remembered someone named lion girl that i cant even be certain existed.
It could also have been that liongirl was a new account that barbie made...
Anyway, luckilly unlike yasha there was far less ambiguity on barbie's gender, i'd be really shocked if she wasn't a girl
and now in retrospect i feel kinda bad for all the things i said to her.
I forget why we became friends, but she ended up playing with me a lot. I think we played angel arena, sheep tag a lot, and she made me play dota before i liked dota. How sad is it to let a girl push you around on the internet?
Anyway, at first she seemed to really like my humor, evidenced by the fact that i couldn't get rid of her some times.
But than at one point, i dont even remember what i said, she completely spazzed out at me, yelling with ALL CAPS about what a terrible friend i was for about 5 minutes, then logged off.
I was pretty amused by this, so i made sure the next time she logged on i said the exact same set of words that set her off before.
(oh, all of my humor, and whatever line i was using to piss her off, was all sex related. i was like 6 years old. shatup)
That was a mistake though, she got even more angry at me this time.
Eventually i said i was sorry but didn't really mean it.
I just apologized because i wanted to keep playing, and i also wanted to piss her off again.
Now, that sounds bad, but thinking back on it i think i basically had a short circuit in my reasoning. because basically what i thought was:
1: i liked barbie
2: barbie liked my jokes most of the time
3: when barbie didn't like my jokes she got angry at me and attributed intentions and emotions to me that were false. (I.e that i was trying to hurt her or that i was angry at her)
4: Since it was her failing to understand me that caused her to become upset i had no culpability
5: therefore its okay if i just keep pissing her off with the same style of joke until she understands.
That was pretty bad of me to think, because i kept up my attack for awhile, and eventually several people started messaging me telling me how upset she was.
I wish i had logs of all my messages like pat. Some of the things i said were fucking gold. Most of it was just really crude after a point though.
Sadly most of them were whispers so i cant even comb through any logs.

Lexy: I never really talked to lexy that much. I think i did for little while, but never actually became internet friends with her.

Donut: Donut was awesome, and i cant even really remember why. I know she was hilarious, and thats about it.

13phoenix: You might ask "isn't this the girls of tmmm section?" and i'd respond, duh, where else would one file phoenix???
The other reason he's here, despite the fact that shes a lil girl, is that i couldn't believe that just from a little mocking he gave me his gf's cell # (or she was his ex, or she became his ex later and then they got back together, idk). Which i unfortunately didn't really capitalize on, cuz i wasn't expecting anyone to actually answer, and said something stupid when she said hi, so i never felt like calling back.
However i instantly gave it to pat, who apparently had a whole conversation with her.
I suppose she could have just given me the number of some random girl she just pretended was her gf. But i choose to believe the former.
i feel like he would have just admitted it was a random number, cuz i kept making fun of him for it.
And at one point i made some convoluted series of bot cmd's which involved a complex set of riddles (ok not that complex) at at the end of it it gave you her number. Several people went through the whole series i think, but i dont remember anyone ever saying they tried the number again.

Luna: Luna is abyssalyx right? otherwise idk or give a fuck who luna is.
Upon reflection im certain that Luna is aby, I was thinking that Luna was her aka, but Luna was her real name or something.
I think except for mark luna is my oldest wc3 buddy. At least she would’a been if she’d stuck around.
Luna was awesome, i think she was able to host and that’s why we ended up playing a lot--both before the clan and in its early days.
Like pat said, she was really good at mazing, and for some reason it made me want to get better too (sdfu you know the reason)
I forget how long it took, but she challenged me for chief twice, the first time i managed to win, but i probably did something to half cheat. without pat around to keep me honest it was pretty easy to bend or invent rules. But the second time she legitimately beat me.
I gave her chief, and i had some bs set of lines about holding up the challenge system.
But after that she didn't seem to know how to handle the clan too well, she kept asking how to deal with situations that came up, but then wouldn't listen to what i said.
There's like a 6 month gap in my memory hear, after which i dont remember who was shammy or chief, but all the gang minus seren was playing regularly (itw a lot at this point).
I think maybe luna dissapeared for awhile in that six month gap, and thats how chief changed back to me, or to someone else.
When luna came back she didn't seem as cool anymore.
We didn't talk in groups or one on one like we did before. And when we did we were either fighting over something stupid, or she was complaining about her real life to me, which i didn't really like hearing about; not because i didn't care, but i dont like hearing about things i cant determine truth or accuracy.
For instance i think we had a 2 hour conversation about how she wanted to drop out of highschool. Which would have been cool, since that was something i was planning to do, and eventually did, but she lived in canada, so nothing i said about the education system seemed to apply.
The highschool thing wasn't one of them, but there was other stuff she said that started making me think she was just making shit up like yasha.
She also started bringing up sets of real life drama in games, which i thought was weird, at least in the way she did it.
Basically after she came back she just got sketchier and sketchier. And eventually dissipated forever /SADFACE

pat1487 wrote:
Im’a have to add to this, I don’t think I even game close.

Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Pat I think you could pull up some really funny logs.

Anything late at night that involved me when I was younger is bound to be crude/random/sexual.

I was a bastard on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:24 am

Serenity09 wrote:
"i got shammy one day completely randomly. i think one day there was an opening and pat just randomly gave it to me" but i cant remember being a shammy at all. like not even a little bit. i dont actually know it it was even pat who was chief at the time, it might have been slayer or someone?
in fact, its possible i went from being a grunt to being chief skipping shammy altogether. i have absolutely no memory of it so probably not a good sign of how well i took care of the clan.
I wanted someone competent as shammy (no offense to the other shammies at the time) so i could have someone there that could take up my slack

I picked you for 3 reasons
1. You were decent enough at mazing
2. You had good ideas, they were similar to my own
3. You didnt ask too many questions about bots or other computer related things when i talked of them, which meant you could potentially replace me as the bot guy because i didnt really want to keep doing it

I bent my rules to promote you to shammy, but ach did kind of the same thing with me when i first got shammy, i didnt challenge the first time, i got it for being good in a maze while ach was there, so i had precedent for promoting you (thats how i rationalized it)

Serenity09 wrote:
i think once one of my shammies challenged me and my response was just "no"
I think i said no once, to rock, after he challenged me for the 10th time
I may have been shammy at this point, i cant remember
But it created a new rule where you cant challenge if you lose to many times in a row you cant challenge again

Serenity09 wrote:
dark is a bit hard to explain. by the time i met up with him there was so much past-stuff that i really had no idea what to expect. like, by that time he was a pretty nice guy who got annoyed really easily at people kissing his ass. he was really similar to ach in a lot of ways but much more apathetic in general. every once in a while, i wondered if he was just trying to prove he'd changed
i decided that i was totally cool with dark so long as there wasnt anything he wanted to play with that i didnt want him to play with. i think this was a major sticking point for pat, mark, ach, myself etcetc. dark just wanted to have fun and do *his* thing, while we all liked to think of tmmm as almost, god-forbid i know, friends; so when he started fucking with that for fun, it didnt fly
it was a weird dynamic but still fun and plenty bits of interesting
I know that bacon and you liked him, and some others im sure im forgetting
Most people that liked him werent there during the swpmoele thing so i didnt expect anyone to hate him just because i didnt like him
I dont even think i explained the swpmoele thing to either you or bacon so i was never like "fuck you guys for liking that asshole",
I figured since he didnt seem to be using either of you for anything it was fine that you were friends
I still wouldnt play anything with him though

Serenity09 wrote:
making maps designed to be used with a bot. this had many forms. one was making a 12 player (max # of players) map that allowed itself to be linked to another game of that map (ie you could have 24 people playing together).
I had that exact same idea here: https://tmmm.forumotion.com/t646-bot-update#7402
Its in the last paragraph
But it cant be done with a full game of 12 because if you used the neutral or passive mobs as the other team it wouldnt work
I did some tests (not across 2 games but in 1 game where the bot simulated player input for the map) and the game desyncs when you dont use an actual player slot for something like that

I actually worked on the idea i posted in the that link and ended up just giving up on it because of how much work it was

serenity09 wrote:
i remember being so annoyed that pat took off a point (of 5 points) for my triggers b/c one of the levels had a glitch. like of five thousand plus lines of code, it all works flawlessly, but i make a mistake of having
"<" instead of "<=" and i lose a full point.
fuck you pat
fuck you
You can read my scoring here: tmmm.forumotion.com/t1138-map-making-contest-scores#13147
I took .6 of a point off total, not just for that 1 trigger
I think in game i said -1 for bug when it happened, but i was only kidding lol

Achilles.42 wrote:
Kallock/ffslayer: You’re the first person I met that I can remember that made me legitimately angry.
I liked slayer at first, then he went to WoW and when he came back he was different
I think i called him arrogant at 1 point when he came back, he eventually stopped acting like that and it was all good

Achilles.42 wrote:
Cadu: At first I didn’t get why pat seemed to hate him
I didnt hate cadu, he was just really annoying
He asked me questions constantly in whispers that you all couldnt see
I answered him at first but he kept asking, i ignored him and he would get mad at me in his cadu way

Achilles.42 wrote:
Rocklee: I think he challenged more people that everyone else in the clan combined
Had to make a rule because of it, it was pretty funny

Achilles.42 wrote:
Mazemasta: I don’t know what any of you see in him. There’s never been a time when I’ve said to myself “wow, im glad I just bothered to listen to what maze had to say” or “wow, im glad I took the time to say that to maze.” Even when all I want to do is be spiteful I just end up wasting my own time.
I saw bot logs before, which i cant find now, where you guys talked like friends
The main problem was that maze would misunderstand what you would say, than you wouldnt see that he misunderstood you which would cause you to misunderstand him and you both would be fighting and that went on long enough to the point where you hated eachother

Achilles.42 wrote:
Yasha: Looking back on yasha, yasha was just weird. I dont think i could come up with a thesis statement for what my opinion of her/him is. Im gonna refer to her as a her though, just because that makes me feel less weird to think about it like that.
The thing i remember most about all her lying was her inability to keep time zones straight, she said repeatedly that she lived in Alaska, and had some bs reason for why she played on east, but then when she'd say stuff like "i have to leave its almost xxxx" most of the time it wouldn't match up at all with the actual time for Alaska.
She'd also say things like "i just got home from school" but it'd be like 9 in the morning there one time, and 7 at night another.
At first when i called her on it she tried to deny it or explain why it made sense.
But then she just started saying how she made a mistake.
I only said anything about it a few times, afterwords i still noticed it but didn't say anything about it.
I forget who, but someone said they talked to yasha on vent and could tell she was a guy from that.
Idk, if i was yasha i wouldn't have had much trouble throwing my voice so that i sounded like a guy. Idk why i would want to do that. but idk why i would want to do most of the things yasha took time to do.
I did have a lot of fun staying up past 3:00AM with pat, mark, and her.
Thats probably why even though me or pat, or sometimes both, would confront her on bullshit that she would say, it didn't matter too much, cuz things were still fun.
The whole time i was typing my thing about yasha i kept putting "her" in instead of the name, so i guess that means i still consider yasha to be a girl
I looked up yasha's IP a few times, and it was from alaska so i dont know what the time zone thing was about
And her those late nights were fun, mark was so naive it was so funny

Achilles.42 wrote:
(Barbie or LionGirl) I cant remember which one of them it was, at first i thought it was barbie, then i remembered someone named lion girl that i cant even be certain existed.
It could also have been that liongirl was a new account that barbie made...
Anyway, luckilly unlike yasha there was far less ambiguity on barbie's gender, i'd be really shocked if she wasn't a girl
and now in retrospect i feel kinda bad for all the things i said to her.
I forget why we became friends, but she ended up playing with me a lot. I think we played angel arena, sheep tag a lot, and she made me play dota before i liked dota. How sad is it to let a girl push you around on the internet?
Anyway, at first she seemed to really like my humor, evidenced by the fact that i couldn't get rid of her some times.
But than at one point, i dont even remember what i said, she completely spazzed out at me, yelling with ALL CAPS about what a terrible friend i was for about 5 minutes, then logged off.
I was pretty amused by this, so i made sure the next time she logged on i said the exact same set of words that set her off before.
(oh, all of my humor, and whatever line i was using to piss her off, was all sex related. i was like 6 years old. shatup)
That was a mistake though, she got even more angry at me this time.
Eventually i said i was sorry but didn't really mean it.
I just apologized because i wanted to keep playing, and i also wanted to piss her off again.
Now, that sounds bad, but thinking back on it i think i basically had a short circuit in my reasoning. because basically what i thought was:
1: i liked barbie
2: barbie liked my jokes most of the time
3: when barbie didn't like my jokes she got angry at me and attributed intentions and emotions to me that were false. (I.e that i was trying to hurt her or that i was angry at her)
4: Since it was her failing to understand me that caused her to become upset i had no culpability
5: therefore its okay if i just keep pissing her off with the same style of joke until she understands.
That was pretty bad of me to think, because i kept up my attack for awhile, and eventually several people started messaging me telling me how upset she was.
I wish i had logs of all my messages like pat. Some of the things i said were fucking gold. Most of it was just really crude after a point though.
Sadly most of them were whispers so i cant even comb through any logs.
I dont have logs of my personal whispers, just stuff that was said publicly in the channel
And im pretty sure lion girl was barbie, she made another name after that as well, and maybe a 4th i cant really remember
I didnt really talk to barbie, compared to the others in this section

Achilles.42 wrote:
Lexy: I never really talked to lexy that much. I think i did for little while, but never actually became internet friends with her.
I mostly just watched lexy and jeff interact, it was pretty funny
If jeff wasnt around i would talk to her, but i wouldnt hit on her because i figured she already had enough from jeff

Achilles.42 wrote:
13phoenix: You might ask "isn't this the girls of tmmm section?" and i'd respond, duh, where else would one file phoenix???
The other reason he's here, despite the fact that shes a lil girl, is that i couldn't believe that just from a little mocking he gave me his gf's cell # (or she was his ex, or she became his ex later and then they got back together, idk). Which i unfortunately didn't really capitalize on, cuz i wasn't expecting anyone to actually answer, and said something stupid when she said hi, so i never felt like calling back.
However i instantly gave it to pat, who apparently had a whole conversation with her.
I suppose she could have just given me the number of some random girl she just pretended was her gf. But i choose to believe the former.
i feel like he would have just admitted it was a random number, cuz i kept making fun of him for it.
And at one point i made some convoluted series of bot cmd's which involved a complex set of riddles (ok not that complex) at at the end of it it gave you her number. Several people went through the whole series i think, but i dont remember anyone ever saying they tried the number again.
I rememeber someone putting the number in their profile on wc3, i cant remember who it was though
And i cant remember calling her

Achilles.42 wrote:
Luna: Luna is abyssalyx right? otherwise idk or give a fuck who luna is.
Upon reflection im certain that Luna is aby, I was thinking that Luna was her aka, but Luna was her real name or something.
I think except for mark luna is my oldest wc3 buddy. At least she would’a been if she’d stuck around.
Luna was awesome, i think she was able to host and that’s why we ended up playing a lot--both before the clan and in its early days.
Like pat said, she was really good at mazing, and for some reason it made me want to get better too (sdfu you know the reason)
I forget how long it took, but she challenged me for chief twice, the first time i managed to win, but i probably did something to half cheat. without pat around to keep me honest it was pretty easy to bend or invent rules. But the second time she legitimately beat me.
I gave her chief, and i had some bs set of lines about holding up the challenge system.
But after that she didn't seem to know how to handle the clan too well, she kept asking how to deal with situations that came up, but then wouldn't listen to what i said.
There's like a 6 month gap in my memory hear, after which i dont remember who was shammy or chief, but all the gang minus seren was playing regularly (itw a lot at this point).
I think maybe luna dissapeared for awhile in that six month gap, and thats how chief changed back to me, or to someone else.
When luna came back she didn't seem as cool anymore.
We didn't talk in groups or one on one like we did before. And when we did we were either fighting over something stupid, or she was complaining about her real life to me, which i didn't really like hearing about; not because i didn't care, but i dont like hearing about things i cant determine truth or accuracy.
For instance i think we had a 2 hour conversation about how she wanted to drop out of highschool. Which would have been cool, since that was something i was planning to do, and eventually did, but she lived in canada, so nothing i said about the education system seemed to apply.
The highschool thing wasn't one of them, but there was other stuff she said that started making me think she was just making shit up like yasha.
She also started bringing up sets of real life drama in games, which i thought was weird, at least in the way she did it.
Basically after she came back she just got sketchier and sketchier. And eventually dissipated forever /SADFACE
Yeah luna was aby
I cant remember who was chief after luna either, but i do remember her asking you stuff, i even remember her asking me stuff when you werent around, but i cant remember if i was even shammy at the time
I didnt think she was making stuff up, it all seemed plausible and consistant
The only thing i didnt beleive was that her real name was Luna, i thought her real name was alyx (hence abyssalyx and she said it was Luna after yasha said her real name was yasha (luna means moon, and was the name of a goddess to the romans and since yasha means demon they are opposites, and at the time it felt like luna was trying to be the opposite of yasha in a lot of ways), but i could be wrong about who said what first and it couldve just been a coincidence that i just imagined
I remember the highschool thing, i think i said she shouldnt do it
I also remember her talking about her boyfriend alot, whos name i think was dave or daryl, d something, i figured she talked about it a lot to try to get us to not hit on her so much

Amazing[G] wrote:
Pat I think you could pull up some really funny logs.

Anything late at night that involved me when I was younger is bound to be crude/random/sexual.

I was a bastard on the internet.
The logs are really hard to look through, pulling out something funny isnt that easy, everyday is a separate text file and its spread across multiple folders because there were different bots (this isnt counting the logs from the host bot, which are even more difficult to go through because each one of those a text file for every game we played, and most of them are just named tmmm)
Since the channel bot was running pretty much 24/7 for like 3 years theres nearly 1000 text files filled with 1000s of lines of chat (including internal bot messages)
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 1:03 pm

pat1487 wrote:
I bent my rules to promote you to shammy, but ach did kind of the same thing with me when i first got shammy, i didnt challenge the first time, i got it for being good in a maze while ach was there, so i had precedent for promoting you (thats how i rationalized it)
That can't be right. tmmm was founded on the unshakeable principle that we all had to work for our prestige and influence; i'm offended you'd even have this among your thoughts. This is blasphemy and treason in the highest order. Expect the thought police to arrive shortly. You'll love big brother yet pat. You'll love him…

pat1487 wrote:
I think i said no once, to rock, after he challenged me for the 10th time
I may have been shammy at this point, i cant remember
Yeah, fuck rock.
In retrospect, losing an extra half-hour to hour in wc3 every few days to a week wasn't a huge deal.
But at the time it seemed like the worst of evils.
Actually, no, those hours piled up. Fuck rock. We probably spent over a days worth of time just humoring his pathetic attempts.
You were probably chief at the time, pat, so it was mostly your cross to bare, but I think I ended up having to judge or be present for the majority of them for w/e reason.

pat1487 wrote:
I mostly just watched lexy and jeff interact, it was pretty funny
Oh dear god, JEFF.
The only distinctive things i remember about Jeff was that he seemed to have dire life issues that he needed to tell me about some times, which i suppose makes sense since im the model for nurturing acceptance and understanding. He had an obsession with some random pornstar. And he really liked playing porn mazes with other people, often, unfortunately, me; like, im not saying there's anything wrong with porn; I even made a porn maze once myself; i just don't understand the motivation to repeatedly look at porn with other dudes. I mean obviously i tried to do a similar thing with mark, but who DIDN'T want to trick mark into looking at porn back in the day?

pat1487 wrote:
Since the channel bot was running pretty much 24/7 for like 3 years theres nearly 1000 text files filled with 1000s of lines of chat (including internal bot messages)
None of this word vomit is getting us any funny chat logs.
You could replace your last few sentences with something far more appropriate that you said once:
pat1487 wrote:
im ugly and hate myself, so i want to make you all feel as unhappy as possible
see? thats far more enlightening.
True quote, bee tee dubs, pat used to say that all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

5 years of TMMM Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 years of TMMM   5 years of TMMM I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 years of TMMM
Page 1 of 1