Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_lcap26%Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_lcap35%Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_lcap19%Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_lcap0%Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_lcap0%Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_lcap10%Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_lcap10%Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Mostly Ridiculous Trigger

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Serenity09
Serenity09

Mostly Ridiculous Trigger Empty
PostSubject: Mostly Ridiculous Trigger   Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm

Working on a fairly cool concept for a boss fight.
Basically imagine a big rectangle of shallow water. If you step in the water you die (original I know). The objective is to get from one side to the other. To do this you have to ride (literally) icebergs. Version 1 of the idea has the icebergs flow from top to bottom slowly and from bottom to top quickly, but the ones that flow from bottom to top sink after a little while leaving you to die (those icebergs reemerge a short time after). The icebergs will be unselectable units and the kill trigger will be like terrain kill with an extra check to see if there is an iceberg near the unit (this part might be a little bit hard).
Need help: Making the unit physically move with whatever iceberg its most on. Its possible that moving the unit on the y axis to match the position of the iceberg might work, but the unit has to be able to move around on the iceberg (and not get magically teleported back to a certain spot on it). I'm drawing a pretty big blank (besides scrap it and go for something easier) for this so if anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also if anyone has any feedback to make this part more interesting/fun please tell.
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Mostly Ridiculous Trigger   Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:51 pm

i tried something similar with a conveyor belt path

I wasnt able to get it working, units cant walk if they are being moved like that
You could do it if they were sliding though
Sorta like the gravity in platform escape where it pulls them in 1 direction but you can still move back and forth
It would be alot more difficult then that though since they can move in more then 2 directions
Back to top Go down
Serenity09
Serenity09

PostSubject: Re: Mostly Ridiculous Trigger   Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:59 pm

Quote :
i tried something similar with a conveyor belt path
that sounds really cool which reminds me, I'm getting a court order for you to finish the next map you start.

Yeah thats a good idea, then the other direction would sorta be like the gravity inverter... except both those things would be pretty awful to make... especially differentiating between the two.

Second idea, what if I had movement controlled by arrow keys? that way the unit could always stay in the center of the iceberg (would have to) and then the arrow keys would move em a short distance in some direction.

Also before I start working really hard on the iceberg idea - does it sound like fun?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Mostly Ridiculous Trigger   Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Yeah it sounds like fun

And yeah that arrow key idea would work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mostly Ridiculous Trigger   Mostly Ridiculous Trigger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mostly Ridiculous Trigger
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TMMM :: Warcraft 3 :: WC3 Tutorials and Help-
Jump to: