Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Lord of War I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Lord of War I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Lord of War I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Lord of War I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Lord of War I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Lord of War I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Lord of War I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Lord of War I_vote_lcap26%Lord of War I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Lord of War I_vote_lcap35%Lord of War I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Lord of War I_vote_lcap19%Lord of War I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Lord of War I_vote_lcap0%Lord of War I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Lord of War I_vote_lcap0%Lord of War I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Lord of War I_vote_lcap10%Lord of War I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Lord of War I_vote_lcap10%Lord of War I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Lord of War

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nomorholywar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 am

If anybody hasn't seen this movie, do so. It's one of the best.
Plus its free on hulu for some time. You'll probably have to set up an account cause its 'mature'.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/149427/lord-of-war
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:29 pm

5/5 Awesome movie!!!!! So Many awesome parts, its awesomeness knows no bounds!
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
5/5 Awesome movie!!!!! So Many awesome parts, its awesomeness knows no bounds!

Depressing.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:20 pm

depressing? you want a depressing movie, watch shindlers list
lord of war isnt that bad...
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:29 pm

How is it depressing?
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:13 pm

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
Depressing.

Im guessing you dont watch many depressing movies

Achilles.42 wrote:

Schindler's list is depressing, but it wouldnt be the most depressing movie ive ever seen, only because the ending wasnt as depressing as it couldve been
I would actually consider the ending to it to be kind of happy compared to the rest of it

The most depressing movie ive ever seen is requiem for a dream

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
How is it depressing?

Spoiler:

I wouldnt call it depressing, but it is sad
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
AmAzIn[G] wrote:
Depressing.

Im guessing you dont watch many depressing movies

Achilles.42 wrote:

Schindler's list is depressing, but it wouldnt be the most depressing movie ive ever seen, only because the ending wasnt as depressing as it couldve been
I would actually consider the ending to it to be kind of happy compared to the rest of it

The most depressing movie ive ever seen is requiem for a dream

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
How is it depressing?

Spoiler:

I wouldnt call it depressing, but it is sad

I can't believe I actually have to explain this.

It's not depressing because Yuri lost his brother or his family disowned him or even the fact that his wife and son left him.

It's depressing because the movie is showing how Society is becoming even more sick and convoluted. In the end he was set free to deal more guns to African dictators and more evil people without even being sentenced. Millions of people have died due to people like him. We had the chance to stop him, but some pussy ass cop decided it was more Moral for him to go through a case and a trial only to find out that the damn president is in on it too. It's depressing to me because he is above the law, he sells drugs to people, he sells weapons to people and thinks none of which is his fault. On top of that fact their are probably thousands of arms dealers out there doing this kind of shit.
I don't understand how you wouldn't think this is depressing? Millions of people are being slaughter and it could all be stopped if some corrupt leaders were prosecuted. hell i don't even know. All i know is, it's fucked up, and it might not be depressing, but what i do know is, it makes my stomach turn.

and on top of that polygamy is becoming more accepted by society it seems. Which i think is fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:36 pm

like pat said, its sad not depressing.
theirs a difference.

there could be a movie just about one family getting screwed over, and it could be 100x more depressing then lord of war if done right.
also, lord of war could have been a depressing movie also, but they chose not to make it like that.
Back to top Go down
AmAzIn[G]
Commander
Commander
AmAzIn[G]

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Achilles.42 wrote:
like pat said, its sad not depressing.
theirs a difference.

there could be a movie just about one family getting screwed over, and it could be 100x more depressing then lord of war if done right.
also, lord of war could have been a depressing movie also, but they chose not to make it like that.

Well this is a moral and ethical debate now.

Btw, check your vocabulary again Achilles

Depressing : To lower in spirits; deject.
Sad : affected by unhappiness or grief; sorrowful or mournful

Its not sad, its depressing.
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:05 pm

its definitely sad, the movie was affected by a lot more unhappiness and grief then it was lowering my spirits

maybe your 2 pussies just couldn't handle it, and that made you depressed. hence the misinterpretation

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:16 pm

This post contains spoilers for the movie, dont read it if you havent seen the movie

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
It's depressing because the movie is showing how Society is becoming even more sick and convoluted. In the end he was set free to deal more guns to African dictators and more evil people without even being sentenced.

If he was sentenced someone would replace him
It would slightly delay the dictators, like a mild inconvenience
The president would rather have him dealing, because if their will always be gun runners, you might as well use it to your advantage
The enemy of my enemy thing at the end was talking about the enemy of an enemy to the US
So say, iraq and pakistan are at war
The US supplies weapons to both sides
They kill eachother off, the loser has lost, and the winner is weak, so the US can go in and clean up easily
Obviously the US cant be seen supplying them weapons like that, hence they go to gun runners like him
Is it right, or moral, no
Does it get the job done, yes

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
Millions of people have died due to people like him.

No, they merely give the means for people to die to the people that kill
Ill try to demonstrate
If you give someone a knife and then that person uses that knife to go on a killing spree are you responsible for the deaths of the people that person killed?
Lets say he even told you that once you gave him that knife he was going to go on a killing spree

You have 3 choices
You could give him the knife and the killing spree would happen
You could not give him the knife and he would get the knife from somewhere else and the killing spree would happen anyway
You could try to stop him completely, but the only way he could be stopped is if you used the knife yourself to kill him

Which would you chose?
Your options are
Be an "evil person" for giving him the knife
Have a false sense of feeling good about yourself for not giving him the knife
Or become a murderer yourself

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
We had the chance to stop him, but some pussy ass cop decided it was more Moral for him to go through a case and a trial only to find out that the damn president is in on it too.

What do you expect the cop to do, kill him when they were on the highway with the plane?
It wasnt just a moral choice, it went against the law to kill him
Following the law, and being a straight cop is part of his core principles, to abandon those principles, and kill yuri, or even to let him die knowing that he could stop it would put him on the same level as yuri
Essentially, if the cop killed yuri, or let him die their would be saying say that the cop is above the law

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
It's depressing to me because he is above the law, he sells drugs to people, he sells weapons to people and thinks none of which is his fault. On top of that fact their are probably thousands of arms dealers out there doing this kind of shit.
I don't understand how you wouldn't think this is depressing? Millions of people are being slaughter and it could all be stopped if some corrupt leaders were prosecuted. hell i don't even know. All i know is, it's fucked up, and it might not be depressing, but what i do know is, it makes my stomach turn.

You said corrupt leaders, not the gun dealers
So you just said its the leaders that are the problem here

Also what your describing isnt depressing or sad, its disgust
Being disgusted really doesnt matter because there is nothing you can do to stop it
No matter how much time you spend
No matter how hard you try
There is nothing you can do to change anything
That realization is whats depressing, but if that was what was depressing you, then you wouldnt have made your post

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
and on top of that polygamy is becoming more accepted by society it seems. Which i think is fucked up.

What does that have to do with anything
Polygamy is multiple marriages, yuri was only married to 1 person
If you mean infidelity, then i dont see how yuri saying that he has sex with his wife like she was the only one he has sex with isnt society condoning infidelity
If you mean why was it in the movie like it was, well it was to make yuri the bad guy, it wasnt made to out to be something socially acceptable
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Pat1487 wrote:
it wasnt made to out to be something socially acceptable

thats where your wrong pat, first they make gun runners do it, next every1 is doing it. its an evil plot by some1, im sure of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lord of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of War   Lord of War I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lord of War
Page 1 of 1