Clan TMMM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official site of Clan TMMM

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Kevkevqaz is back
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:22 pm

» Hey whats up
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_icon_minitimeby seankly Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

» Gotta click fast - WC3 Mazing #mildlyinteresting
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_icon_minitimeby hoffmann Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm

» I'm getting married and you guys are invited
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 am

» Server Photo Album 1
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_icon_minitimeby Pat1487 Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:28 pm

» Legacy of The Void Beta
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_icon_minitimeby Achilles.42 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_icon_minitimeby Eat_bacon_daily Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:20 pm

SC2 Links
SC2 Challenge/Tourney Info

Official SC2 Forums

SC2 Curse

SC2Mapster

Team Liquid

SC2 Replayed

SC2 Strategy
WC3 Links
Clan_TMMM[Host] Info

WC3 Challenge/Tourny Rules

Epicwar
Poll
What game does everyone play now?
Starcraft 2
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_lcap26%Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Warcraft 3
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_lcap35%Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 11 ]
League of Legends
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_lcap19%Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
World of Warcraft
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_lcap0%Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diablo 2
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_lcap0%Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No games at all
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_lcap10%Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Other game not listed
Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_lcap10%Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31
Transparency

Custom Passives/Custom lvling

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

Custom Passives/Custom lvling Empty
PostSubject: Custom Passives/Custom lvling   Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Question 1: I require help finding out how to make a custom passives. For example making a 15% chance to summon a unit when attacking or attacked.

Question 2: I also would like to know if theres a way to upgrade a custom skill. For Example if i make cast an average ability like avatar, then make through a trigger an explosion that damages area. How do i boost the explosion for every lvl avatar is boosted
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Custom Passives/Custom lvling   Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 2:28 am

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Question 1: I require help finding out how to make a custom passives. For example making a 15% chance to summon a unit when attacking or attacked.

You would need to make an ability (copy something like evasion), erase all the stuff in there and put it what you want it to say, and make it look the way you want

Then make a trigger
I dont feel like going over every action you need, so im just going to go over the basic idea

The event would be the "unit is attacked", or the "unit is attacking" events

The conditions would be that the unit has the ability

The actions would be to generate a random number between 1 and 100, and save it to a variable
Then an if statement to check if that random number is greater then or equal to 1, and less then or equal to 15
Another if statement in that one to check the level 1 of the ability that you copied
The actions in that if statement would be to create the unit that you want them to get for that level of the ability
Then an else if for the level 2 of the ability
Then repeat the actions for creating the unit for each lvl of the ability, making sure the unit that is created is for the right level of the ability

It would look something like this:

Code:
Event - Unit is attacked

Condtions - Unit has the ability

Actions -
random = (random number 1-100)
if (random >=1 && random <= 15)
  then
    if (level of ability == 1)
      then
        create weak unit
    else if (level of ability == 2)
      then
        create medium unit
    else if (level of ability == 3)
      then
        create strong unit

If you dont want the unit that is summoned to just appear like how create unit works, you can either use a dummy unit to actually summon the unit, or just play an effect where the unit is being created

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
Question 2: I also would like to know if theres a way to upgrade a custom skill. For Example if i make cast an average ability like avatar, then make through a trigger an explosion that damages area. How do i boost the explosion for every lvl avatar is boosted

Use an if statement to check the level of avatar when avatar is activated and change the dmg accordingly

Would look something like this:

Code:
Event - Ability avatar is used

Actions -
if (level of avatar == 1)
  then
  (actions for w/e your explosion currently is)
else if (level of avatar ==2
  then
    (actions for w/e your explosion currently is with added dmg)
Back to top Go down
Eat_bacon_daily
Captain
Captain
Eat_bacon_daily

PostSubject: Re: Custom Passives/Custom lvling   Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:59 am

THANK YOU SOOOO FREAKEN MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHHHHHHHH! Been trying to figure this out for yrs....

But i dont get where i can find the action that is generate a random number from 1-100 and how to save to variable.

And i also dont understand how to do this [quote]Another if statement in that one to check the level 1 of the ability that you copied
The actions in that if statement would be to create the unit that you want them to get for that level of the ability[quote]
Back to top Go down
Pat1487
Pat1487

PostSubject: Re: Custom Passives/Custom lvling   Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
But i dont get where i can find the action that is generate a random number from 1-100 and how to save to variable.

Its the math - random number function in the set variable action

Eat_bacon_daily wrote:
And i also dont understand how to do this "Another if statement in that one to check the level 1 of the ability that you copied
The actions in that if statement would be to create the unit that you want them to get for that level of the ability"

Just follow the example i posted, and look around in the gui for the stuff it refers to
I posted that example because i realized what i was typing wouldnt make alot of sense without it
Back to top Go down
Achilles.42
Commander
Commander
Achilles.42

PostSubject: Re: Custom Passives/Custom lvling   Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:31 am

AmAzIn[G] wrote:
lol n33b
lol troll

-rep for you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Passives/Custom lvling   Custom Passives/Custom lvling I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Passives/Custom lvling
Page 1 of 1